2012 Wrangler & June 2nd - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 05-21-2011, 08:08 AM   #1
Protector of F5 Keys...

WF Supporting Member
 
ndrugby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,300
2012 Wrangler & June 2nd

June 2nd is not too far away, although the time seems to be crawling. Let's hear what everyone who's thinking of getting a 2012 thinks, wants, is hoping for. Here we go:

1) When are you thinking of getting one? - Custom order on June 2nd? Wait a bit then order? Wait until they are on lot, etc
2) What model and transmission?
3) What color do you want and what do you think the odds are of them making it in that color? Do you have a second color in mind
4) What options/features from 2011 line do you hope they have so you can order them?
5) What new options/features are you hoping/wishing they would add so you could order them?

Mine:
1) June 2nd, first moment possible
2) Rubicon, Manual
3) Detonator Yellow 50/50, secondary: hoping for a dark blue or a "real" green
4) Half Doors and soft top (or maybe full doors, dual top, power convenience and half doors from Mopar ordered at same time, undecided), Deep Tint, Towing package, connectivity group
5) Tan/Camel cloth interior (awesome with blue or green), camel/spice soft top color

ndrugby is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-21-2011, 09:12 AM   #2
Newb
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Arlington, WI
Posts: 7
1. June 2nd, pending pics and specs are revealed at a prior date
2. Sport S, Manual
3. Red or Silver
4. I just want the tow package, locking diff, power group, tint and Infinity audio
5. HIDs would be nice (have them on my 350z and can't live without them now)

ecardinal is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-21-2011, 12:11 PM   #3
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
kev324's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 241
I have been waiting to order a 2012. I am just wondering where you got the June 2nd date. Could you offer any more info? Do you expect to have to pay MSRP? If it means saving $1k, I'll wait 6 months.
kev324 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-21-2011, 12:15 PM   #4
Sponsoring Vendor
 
pat@fieldsauto.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Glenview
Posts: 3,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by kev324 View Post
I have been waiting to order a 2012. I am just wondering where you got the June 2nd date. Could you offer any more info? Do you expect to have to pay MSRP? If it means saving $1k, I'll wait 6 months.
June 2nd came from me, got the news thru one of my reps. find my banner, get a tread lightly control number and pay 2% under invoice. Pretty easy quick deal.
__________________
Patrick O'Donnell(Pat@Fieldsauto.com)
Fields Chrysler Jeep Dodge │ 2800 Patriot Blvd│ Glenview, IL 60026
847-446-5100 main│ 847-881-8313 direct
pat@fieldsauto.comFieldsChryslerJeepDodge.com
Have Questions About A New Jeep Purchase? CLICK HERE
pat@fieldsauto.com is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-21-2011, 12:19 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 137
Thanks for the info Pat.
Do you know if the Tread Lightly discount applies
to Leases as well ?
Barrier
Barrier is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-21-2011, 12:21 PM   #6
Sponsoring Vendor
 
pat@fieldsauto.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Glenview
Posts: 3,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrier View Post
Thanks for the info Pat.
Do you know if the Tread Lightly discount applies
to Leases as well ?
Barrier
The control number is good cash, finance or lease.
__________________
Patrick O'Donnell(Pat@Fieldsauto.com)
Fields Chrysler Jeep Dodge │ 2800 Patriot Blvd│ Glenview, IL 60026
847-446-5100 main│ 847-881-8313 direct
pat@fieldsauto.comFieldsChryslerJeepDodge.com
Have Questions About A New Jeep Purchase? CLICK HERE
pat@fieldsauto.com is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-21-2011, 12:45 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
seelye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: chesapeake va
Posts: 686
pat,,wish i would have met you before i bought my wrangler..even though i ended up with a quite cool dealer,,i didnt get my free cash..lol...ur a good dude to do this on a forum!!
__________________
2011 sahara unlimited bright white
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/my-...ara-88641.html
Just
Everyday
Excited
People
seelye is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-21-2011, 01:34 PM   #8
Sponsoring Vendor
 
pat@fieldsauto.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Glenview
Posts: 3,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by seelye View Post
pat,,wish i would have met you before i bought my wrangler..even though i ended up with a quite cool dealer,,i didnt get my free cash..lol...ur a good dude to do this on a forum!!
Thanks, slowly but surely I will change everyones perception of dealers and Jeep as a manufacturer I'm not saying all dealers stink, but I think we all can agree that that's the overall consensus before we even walk into a dealership. And if I can help someone out after they have bought their Jeep and get them the right info that the dealer/manufactuer hasn't gotten to them then the overall satisfaction goes up as well. And we all know satisfied customers are loyal customers. Seems simple, wish more people would get onboard with that.
__________________
Patrick O'Donnell(Pat@Fieldsauto.com)
Fields Chrysler Jeep Dodge │ 2800 Patriot Blvd│ Glenview, IL 60026
847-446-5100 main│ 847-881-8313 direct
pat@fieldsauto.comFieldsChryslerJeepDodge.com
Have Questions About A New Jeep Purchase? CLICK HERE
pat@fieldsauto.com is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-21-2011, 01:39 PM   #9
Protector of F5 Keys...

WF Supporting Member
 
ndrugby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat@FieldsJeep View Post
Thanks, slowly but surely I will change everyones perception of dealers and Jeep as a manufacturer I'm not saying all dealers stink, but I think we all can agree that that's the overall consensus before we even walk into a dealership. And if I can help someone out after they have bought their Jeep and get them the right info that the dealer/manufactuer hasn't gotten to them then the overall satisfaction goes up as well. And we all know satisfied customers are loyal customers. Seems simple, wish more people would get onboard with that.
Amen to that. You definitely get it. I wish more dealers thought that way. I actually got a good referral from this site to a dealer near me who seems awesome. He's not on the web interacting, but he was willing to share tons of info with me, even offered to sell me half doors at wholesale with the purchase of the vehicle if I choose to get both sets. I didn't even ask and he offered that.

I haven't been on here long, but I quickly learned that Pat is the man.

Pat - You can apply the treadlightly deal to a custom build too right? No rules around that I hope.
ndrugby is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-21-2011, 01:49 PM   #10
Protector of F5 Keys...

WF Supporting Member
 
ndrugby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,300
Pat - one more, sorry. I thought I read on treadlightly it was 1% below Invoice, you said 2%. Can you clarify/confirm? Thanks again for all the help info. It is much appreciated.
ndrugby is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-21-2011, 02:00 PM   #11
Sponsoring Vendor
 
pat@fieldsauto.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Glenview
Posts: 3,155
You can use the TL # on an order. It is 1% of invoice under invoice, but the dealer gets back 2% of invoice. So my deal is I pass on the full 2%. So that way I end up back at invoice not over invoice. It's an easy deal with no bs, no games no back and forth.
__________________
Patrick O'Donnell(Pat@Fieldsauto.com)
Fields Chrysler Jeep Dodge │ 2800 Patriot Blvd│ Glenview, IL 60026
847-446-5100 main│ 847-881-8313 direct
pat@fieldsauto.comFieldsChryslerJeepDodge.com
Have Questions About A New Jeep Purchase? CLICK HERE
pat@fieldsauto.com is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-21-2011, 02:14 PM   #12
Protector of F5 Keys...

WF Supporting Member
 
ndrugby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,300
OK. Check me on this and tell me if I've got this right (if you don't mind and have the time). Here's my understanding of how the process works (regardless of TL). take this example.

2011 Rubi
MSRP $32,855
Invoice $31,221

Jeep has a 3% Dealer Holdback, and that's off MSRP.

Holdback - $998.55 (.03*32,855)

The amount the dealer gets of the holdback is dependent on how long it is before they sell the car on the lot. So, let's take a custom order, the dealer will hold the car for almost no time. So conceivably they get the full amount. Almost $1000, and that gives the consumer almost $1000 in wiggle room BELOW invoice to play with.

In your case, you are suggesting that you will make it 2% off MSRP (I think is what you meant to say, but not sure, because you typed invoice twice there and it confused me) below invoice, and you still make a tiny bit and the consumer walks away with a deal without even haggling.

That means in this case, you would offer this price:
$30,553 (31,221-(.02*32,855))

or did you mean 2% off invoice, in which case it is:
$30,596.58 (.98*31,221)

It's not a big spread, just interested in understanding. Thanks!
ndrugby is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-21-2011, 03:47 PM   #13
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
basecamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: MN
Posts: 1,161
2012 Rubicon
Red or blue - hope the dark blue comes back not a fan of the current blue
Auto
Nav radio
Trailer tow
Freedom top
Auto air
Uconnect
I would really like the push botton start my wife's 2011 grand Cherokee has
basecamper is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-21-2011, 04:46 PM   #14
Jeeper
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Nevada
Posts: 30
1. June 2nd (or as soon as I can get to a dealership thereafter), order of course.
2. Rubicon, auto.
3. Natural Green or Silver.
4. Trailer Tow Group, Connectivity Group, Heated Black Cloth Seats, Media Center 430N, 3 Piece Freedom Top, Remote Start, A/C w/Temp Control.
5. HIDs would be nice, Slush Mats as part of original purchase would be good too. Oh and one more, black leather would be a plus (I don't really care for the Dark Saddle, JMO).

@ ndrugby: Amen to time crawling!! Ever since Pat told us about June 2nd, I am absolutely obsessed.

@ Pat: What did you mean, "find my banner"? How do I get this TL #? How long is the TL# good for, any expiration? I would love to be armed with this when I go order!! I see you are close to Chicago. My sister lives there and we could visit, pick up the Jeep and drive home. Do you take orders from people in Nevada?

Thanks in advance for the info!!
pakrfan19 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-21-2011, 05:50 PM   #15
Jeeper
 
Meatco1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Southern Colorado
Posts: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat@FieldsJeep View Post
June 2nd came from me, got the news thru one of my reps. find my banner, get a tread lightly control number and pay 2% under invoice. Pretty easy quick deal.
2% under factory invoice, or 2% under MSRP invoice??

If it's 2% under factory, I'll fly up there to pick one up!

Respects,

Richard
Meatco1 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-21-2011, 06:06 PM   #16
Protector of F5 Keys...

WF Supporting Member
 
ndrugby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,300
Treadlightly link: http://www.treadlightly.org/page.php/chrysler_discount

Meatco u get 1% below factory with TL do I assume Pat meant 2% below factory.
__________________
2012 Rubicon with Half Doors
"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads!"
GO IRISH!!!
ndrugby is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-21-2011, 06:38 PM   #17
Sponsoring Vendor
 
pat@fieldsauto.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Glenview
Posts: 3,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndrugby View Post
OK. Check me on this and tell me if I've got this right (if you don't mind and have the time). Here's my understanding of how the process works (regardless of TL). take this example.

2011 Rubi
MSRP $32,855
Invoice $31,221

Jeep has a 3% Dealer Holdback, and that's off MSRP.

Holdback - $998.55 (.03*32,855)

The amount the dealer gets of the holdback is dependent on how long it is before they sell the car on the lot. So, let's take a custom order, the dealer will hold the car for almost no time. So conceivably they get the full amount. Almost $1000, and that gives the consumer almost $1000 in wiggle room BELOW invoice to play with.

In your case, you are suggesting that you will make it 2% off MSRP (I think is what you meant to say, but not sure, because you typed invoice twice there and it confused me) below invoice, and you still make a tiny bit and the consumer walks away with a deal without even haggling.

That means in this case, you would offer this price:
$30,553 (31,221-(.02*32,855))

or did you mean 2% off invoice, in which case it is:
$30,596.58 (.98*31,221)

It's not a big spread, just interested in understanding. Thanks!






2% of invoice under invoice not msrp. And you are right, at 3% its roughly 900 to 1000 in holdback. I give 2% if you have a TL/Affiliate/friends&family control number. So you would pay somewhere around 500 to 700 under invoice.



Invoice 31221. With the TL # you pay 1% of that under invoice =312.21 As a dealer we get back 2% of invoice= 624.42 So as a dealer I would break out a few hundred over invoice. I give the full 2% under invoice so I keep all of the holdback, you as a consumer get a few hundred dollar better deal. And you didn't even have to negotiate. So like I said, it's an easy no bs deal.

31221 invoice
-624.42 2% under

30596.58

hope this helps
__________________
Patrick O'Donnell(Pat@Fieldsauto.com)
Fields Chrysler Jeep Dodge │ 2800 Patriot Blvd│ Glenview, IL 60026
847-446-5100 main│ 847-881-8313 direct
pat@fieldsauto.comFieldsChryslerJeepDodge.com
Have Questions About A New Jeep Purchase? CLICK HERE
pat@fieldsauto.com is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-21-2011, 06:46 PM   #18
Protector of F5 Keys...

WF Supporting Member
 
ndrugby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,300
Pat - that helps a ton. Thanks much.
__________________
2012 Rubicon with Half Doors
"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads!"
GO IRISH!!!
ndrugby is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-21-2011, 09:37 PM   #19
Sponsoring Vendor
 
pat@fieldsauto.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Glenview
Posts: 3,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatco1 View Post
2% under factory invoice, or 2% under MSRP invoice??

If it's 2% under factory, I'll fly up there to pick one up!

Respects,

Richard
It is 2% under invoice and I'll pick you up at the airport!
__________________
Patrick O'Donnell(Pat@Fieldsauto.com)
Fields Chrysler Jeep Dodge │ 2800 Patriot Blvd│ Glenview, IL 60026
847-446-5100 main│ 847-881-8313 direct
pat@fieldsauto.comFieldsChryslerJeepDodge.com
Have Questions About A New Jeep Purchase? CLICK HERE
pat@fieldsauto.com is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-21-2011, 10:01 PM   #20
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndrugby View Post
June 2nd is not too far away, although the time seems to be crawling. Let's hear what everyone who's thinking of getting a 2012 thinks, wants, is hoping for. Here we go:

1) When are you thinking of getting one? - Custom order on June 2nd? Wait a bit then order? Wait until they are on lot, etc
2) What model and transmission?
3) What color do you want and what do you think the odds are of them making it in that color? Do you have a second color in mind
4) What options/features from 2011 line do you hope they have so you can order them?
5) What new options/features are you hoping/wishing they would add so you could order them?
Great thread!

1. I plan on communicating with 3 specific dealers in Metro Detroit plus Pat @ Fields in ORD (will require $75 train ticket from Ann Arbor) starting Thursday 6/2 to evaluate best source to purchase from. All of the candidate dealers are approved BOA dealers thus waiving the $250 loan app fee.

On Friday 6/3, the dealer will be selected and an order will be placed.

2. 2 door Rubicon. Manual.

3. Bring back the dark grey that had in 2010!! If not, white, mango, or black. As far as 'odds', who the hell knows?

4. Options: Power group, hard top (might go dual), cloth seats (black) deep tint windows, towing, connectivity, standard radio. If anything new is coming up, we'll see.

5. I DO NOT WANT AWD!! I'm a fully grown adult and can choose for myself when I want all four wheels a pullin' FU very much.

A driver-side fender-mounted GAU 17/A would be nice!
AgtSunshine is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-21-2011, 10:11 PM   #21
Protector of F5 Keys...

WF Supporting Member
 
ndrugby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgtSunshine View Post
A driver-side fender-mounted GAU 17/A would be nice!
Ha! My buddy kept trying to convince me to buy a COD package Rubi with a turret mounted in the back.
ndrugby is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-22-2011, 08:48 AM   #22
Newb
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 9
what exactly can we do June 2nd? I thought specs and pricing won't be out until late July?
bjbadger is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-22-2011, 08:54 AM   #23
Protector of F5 Keys...

WF Supporting Member
 
ndrugby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjbadger
what exactly can we do June 2nd? I thought specs and pricing won't be out until late July?
First day that dealers can start ordering 2012 Wranglers. Pat, a dealer, found out through one of his reps.
__________________
2012 Rubicon with Half Doors
"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads!"
GO IRISH!!!
ndrugby is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-22-2011, 10:26 AM   #24
Jeeper
 
Meatco1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Southern Colorado
Posts: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat@FieldsJeep View Post
It is 2% under invoice and I'll pick you up at the airport!
Hello Pat:

2% off factory invoice works for me!

If you will send me a copy of your onsite (or soon to arrive) inventory of 2 door, 2011 Wrangler Rubicons, with 6 speed manual trannys, I will see if you have one that works for me.

PM on the way.

Respects,

Richard
Meatco1 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-22-2011, 11:01 AM   #25
Jeeper
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,216
Nice, I'll be ready in December. Rubicon here I come.
demarpaint is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-22-2011, 12:12 PM   #26
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 139
I've never ordered a vehicle since I've always been able to find what I wanted at my local dealers. Even if they didn't have it on their lot, somebody in the area did. When I almost pulled the trigger on a 2011, they were able to find me exactly what I wanted in the yard at the factory and had it here a couple of days later.
Wrangler2012 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-22-2011, 01:25 PM   #27
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
basecamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: MN
Posts: 1,161
I'm the opposite I think I have ordered about half my vehicles the latest being my wives 2011 Grand Cherokee. For me I would rather get exactly what I want even if I have to wait which on her GC we did for about 3 months.
basecamper is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-22-2011, 02:53 PM   #28
Jeeper
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,216
Quote:
Originally Posted by basecamper View Post
I'm the opposite I think I have ordered about half my vehicles the latest being my wives 2011 Grand Cherokee. For me I would rather get exactly what I want even if I have to wait which on her GC we did for about 3 months.
I agree, I have the time. Does the 2% under invoice deal apply to vehicles ordered, or only to inventory?
demarpaint is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-22-2011, 03:23 PM   #29
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 139
Something I've always wondered about ordering a vehicle is how a trade is handled. Do you agree on a trade in price at the time you place the order or when the vehicle arrives? It would suck to order a vehicle and then have the dealer try to screw you over on the trade value as they dangle your new Jeep in front of you.
Wrangler2012 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-22-2011, 03:55 PM   #30
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
basecamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: MN
Posts: 1,161
I usaully order the vehicle and write the deal without the trade then once I have a ship date I will put the vehicle up for sale. If I can sell it out right great if not I trade it in. You will never get the money on a trade you will on selling it out right but it does reduce the hassle factor and you do save some on taxes at least here in MN. When we got or GC in December the dealer offered me about $3000 less than I wanted for my trade after some negotiation and figuring in the tax savings we got within $800 so I did the deal. I will tell you this my trade was on their lot for several months so i'm thinking I may have been a little proud of my low mileage trade

As far as getting a deal on an ordered vehicle I have had no problem getting a great deal. I use the employee buying plan through my company. I got our GC for 1% under invoice and 4.29% financing.

basecamper is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The History Of The Jeep Wrangler BigKahunaBurger Off-Topic 6 09-02-2011 05:12 PM
2012 Wrangler ordering early (Bloomberg/Allpar)? AgtSunshine JK General Discussion Forum 26 05-16-2011 02:03 PM
When will we have full details about the 2012 Wrangler jz68 JK General Discussion Forum 6 03-21-2011 09:54 AM
Fellow Ohio Jeepers Help fick15 Ohio Jeep Forum 11 01-19-2010 10:56 PM
2008 Wrangler Purchase soupy1957 JK Pics Forum 23 11-22-2007 04:48 AM


logo carid shop wrangler parts carid fender flares custom wheels store avs deflectors at carid
» Rates
Get low rates on auto insurance in Canada!

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:43 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC