2012 Wrangler information thread - Page 13 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 08-09-2011, 11:14 AM   #361
Zip
Jeeper
 
Zip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 176
I have been working everyday since I picked up my Sport so I havent really had a chance to see how the soft top disconnects from the cargo area of my Jeep. I went through the owners manula and didnt see anything there either. Have not watched the DVD yet. I have the hardtop on right now and just toyed around with trying to take the soft top out with no luck. Is this a difficult process? And where can I find info on how to take it out? Any info would be helpful. Off Thursday and Friday and looking forward to messin around with my Jeep....finally!!

Zip is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-09-2011, 11:16 AM   #362
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 30
What great information. I now need all teh MSRP and invoice pricing on a 2011 Wrangler unlimited. There is one left on a lot here. With all the numbers I shoudl be able to beat them down.

the-pred is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-09-2011, 11:30 AM   #363
..shall not be infringed!

WF Supporting Member
 
Up Hill Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Up the hill, CA Northcoast
Posts: 4,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by demarpaint View Post
I asked in another thread and realized this is probably the better place to ask. Does the engine bay have enough room for an auxiliary battery, and/or space for a bi-pass oil filter?

Thanks
You've probably seen a few hood-up photos of the engine compartment on 'the thread.' It's mighty crowded in there. I'd be surprised if an aux. battery could be mounted. Don't know what the oil filter would require, so can't answer that.
__________________
2012 JKU Rubicon
Sahara Tan
Auto
3.73


Up Hill Bill
Up Hill Bill is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-09-2011, 01:03 PM   #364
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
rlast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lake Orion, MI
Posts: 523
Images: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Up Hill Bill View Post
You've probably seen a few hood-up photos of the engine compartment on 'the thread.' It's mighty crowded in there. I'd be surprised if an aux. battery could be mounted. Don't know what the oil filter would require, so can't answer that.
i agree with Bill. It's damned tight. Here's a pic of my Rubi's engine bay.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_00000084.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	221.2 KB
ID:	61931  
__________________
2012 JK Rubicon,3.6L Pentastar, 6-Speed Man.
Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl Coat
Katzkin Deluxe 2-tone leather seats
Connectivity Group, RHR Media Center 730N
Black Freedom Top, AHT Trailer Tow Group
2005 TJ, 4.0L, 5-speed Manual
rlast is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-09-2011, 01:58 PM   #365
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Monkton, MD
Posts: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip View Post
I have been working everyday since I picked up my Sport so I havent really had a chance to see how the soft top disconnects from the cargo area of my Jeep. I went through the owners manula and didnt see anything there either. Have not watched the DVD yet. I have the hardtop on right now and just toyed around with trying to take the soft top out with no luck. Is this a difficult process? And where can I find info on how to take it out? Any info would be helpful. Off Thursday and Friday and looking forward to messin around with my Jeep....finally!!
It's easy. Simply remove the hard top and the soft top will come out with 4 screws.

Get some help with the hard top. Two average guys can easily lift it and place it on horses while the soft top is removed. Remember to take off the rear washer and electrical harnesses. Voice of experience on that one...
__________________
Jim M

Current: 2012 JKU Rubi, auto, White, with the fancy new engine and transmission, 3.5 AEV lift, 35 MTRs, some bumpers, some carriers, some electronics, and so on.
Former: 2010 JKU Rubi, auto, White, some mods; 2004 Grand Cherokee 4.7, Silver, stock; 2003 Grand Cherokee 4.7, White, stock; 2000 TJ, Green, lots of mods; 1997 TJ, Blue, lots of mods
Jim M is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-09-2011, 05:02 PM   #366
Zip
Jeeper
 
Zip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim M View Post
It's easy. Simply remove the hard top and the soft top will come out with 4 screws.

Get some help with the hard top. Two average guys can easily lift it and place it on horses while the soft top is removed. Remember to take off the rear washer and electrical harnesses. Voice of experience on that one...
I really appreciate the info. Didn't realize the hardtop had to come off first. Huge help with the explanation. Thanks again !!
Zip is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-09-2011, 05:17 PM   #367
Jeeper
 
Phil T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Littleton, Colorado
Posts: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Up Hill Bill View Post
Need to correct my answer to this question:


I removed the front plate surround to get rid of the dealer ad and found that the front plate 'holder' is just a license plate surround screwed right to the plastic bumper with self-tapping screws. No bracket or anything like that.
I have a new 11 Wrangler and all that was on the front bumper was the dealer ad held in with 2 screws. I bought a bracket at an auto parts store. I am surprised Jeep does not supply one in states that require front plates.
Phil T is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-09-2011, 06:21 PM   #368
Zip
Jeeper
 
Zip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil T View Post
I have a new 11 Wrangler and all that was on the front bumper was the dealer ad held in with 2 screws. I bought a bracket at an auto parts store. I am surprised Jeep does not supply one in states that require front plates.
I called the dealer about one and thats what they told me. They would put a dealer one on screwed into the bumper. Im going to buy one at an auto parts store also.
Zip is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-09-2011, 08:40 PM   #369
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 160
...and back to 2012 discussion. Milous, long time, no see! Do you know if the unlimiteds with AHT came with tranny cooler, or just Max Tow?
Rich331MX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-10-2011, 11:58 AM   #370
Jeeper
 
OutlawJK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Artesia, NM
Posts: 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomthbomb View Post
OK guys, flame me if you must but what are the real world differences in the towing packages?


AHQ MAX TOW PACKAGE (Unlimited models only) $320

Includes:
3.73 REAR AXLE RATIO (DME) (Unlimited Sport and Unlimited Sahara only)
CLASS II RECEIVER HITCH (XFN)
TRAILER TOW W/4-PIN CONNECTOR WIRING (XFU)


AHT TRAILER TOW GROUP (all models except Rubicon Unlimited) $270

Includes:
CLASS II RECEIVER HITCH (XFN) (Sport Unlimited, Sahara Unlimited)
CLASS V RECEIVER HITCH (XFR) (Sport, Sahara, Rubicon)
TRAILER SWAY DAMPING (BNT) (all models)
TRAILER TOW W/4-PIN CONNECTOR WIRING (XFU)

FLAME ON!
I have read this entire thread and everything else I can find on the internet.

I ordered the AHQ on my Rubicon Unlimited, really hope it has the BNT
built in even though it's not listed

has anybody heard for sure???
OutlawJK is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-10-2011, 12:10 PM   #371
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
kev324's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutlawJK View Post
I have read this entire thread and everything else I can find on the internet.

I ordered the AHQ on my Rubicon Unlimited, really hope it has the BNT
built in even though it's not listed

has anybody heard for sure???
From what I've read, Every 2012 JK and JKU has BNT, even if it is not listed on the window sticker.
__________________
2012 JK Sport S, 3.6L, Auto, TF 2.5" coil lift & 1" Spacers, Rancho RS9000XL, RC control arm drop kit, TF monster track bar, 35" Pro Comp Radial Xtreme ATs on 16x8 AR172 Baja, ACE rear bumper & tire carrier, ACE Rock Sliders, Bushwacker Flat Fenders
kev324 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-10-2011, 12:34 PM   #372
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 29
I decided to go with a 2011, so the 2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon I ordered from Spring Chrysler Jeep Dodge (North Houston, TX) is now available, and should be in next week.

For details, here is the VIN: 1C4HJWFG8CL105122

If interested, ask for Eric Meyer, and tell him you saw this on the forum. Also, they do accept the TL discount.
Stormcooper is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-10-2011, 02:01 PM   #373
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 66
Anyone with a 2012 having issues disabling the ESC?? I've tried the steering wheel/button trick from the manual, which is the same process as the older JK's and it hasn't worked yet. I've tried it about 50 times probably.
__________________
2012 Rubicon Unlimited Black
3.5" RK lift, 35" MTR w/kevlar.
Warn winch, Skid Row Offroad skid plates.
ThinkMud is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-10-2011, 08:20 PM   #374
Newb
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 14
I picked up my 2012 Sahara unlimited yesterday. Wife took some photos (she is a photographer so they are a bit on the artsy side):











peckinpahhombre is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-10-2011, 08:37 PM   #375
Jeeper
 
OutlawJK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Artesia, NM
Posts: 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckinpahhombre
I picked up my 2012 Sahara unlimited yesterday. Wife took some photos (she is a photographer so they are a bit on the artsy side):
Nice are those factory wheels?
OutlawJK is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-10-2011, 08:38 PM   #376
Newb
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutlawJK View Post
Nice are those factory wheels?
yes they are - not sure I will keep them though - may throw on a set of black Mickey Thompsons
peckinpahhombre is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-10-2011, 08:41 PM   #377
Newb
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckinpahhombre View Post
yes they are - not sure I will keep them though - may throw on a set of black Mickey Thompsons
I think the sales guy told me the wheels are the same ones that were on the 70th anniversary edition last year and same wheels are generally available for 2012 now -- I bought the jeep off the lot (not preordered) and the dealership had ordered the vehicle with those wheels
peckinpahhombre is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-10-2011, 08:42 PM   #378
jcf
Bludger

WF Supporting Member
 
jcf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Moab UT
Posts: 12,824
Send a message via Yahoo to jcf
Nice ! nothing like a black vehicle, real nice Jeep you got there
jcf is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-11-2011, 12:42 AM   #379
Newb
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10
Smile First 2012 info up on Jeep.com

First post here, and sorry if this has been posted already, but I noticed that the first 2012 info is now up on Jeep.com, with 285hp instead of 283hp, and fuel economy specs:

2012 Wrangler
3.6L VVT Engine, 6-Speed Manual or 5-Speed Automatic Transmission: 285 hp 260 lb-ft of torque, 17 city/21 hwy

2012 Wrangler Unlimited
3.6L VVT Engine, 6-Speed Manual Transmission: 285 hp 260 lb-ft of torque, 16 city/21 hwy
5-Speed Automatic Transmission: 16 city/20 hwy

Therefore, Milous, I think you can adjust the last words of the following quote from your first post:
What's New:
- 3.6L 24v VVT Pentastar V6 (preliminary estimate - 283 HP/260 TQ)

See here for full table (scroll down): www.jeep.com/en/performance/2011
Gekke henkie is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-11-2011, 08:01 AM   #380
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Tampa
Posts: 17
Late availability colors

[QUOTE=Milous;1352533]Last updated: August 7, 2011


Late availability exterior colors:

CRUSH (production starts 8/22)
HEADER ORANGE CLEAR COAT (production starts 8/22)
BLACK FOREST GREEN CLEAR COAT (production starts mid October)
WINTER CHILL CLEAR COAT (production starts early October)
CACTUS GREEN (production starts January 2012)
GECKO PEARL COAT GREEN (production starts January 2012)
DEEP CHERRY RED CRYSTAL PEARL COAT (on hold, status unknown)


For CRUSH, does anyone know when these can be ordered? My local Jeep dealer says only the original colors are available. I see "Production starts 8/22", but is this also the date of order availability?


Thanks,
swedishfish is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-11-2011, 09:36 AM   #381
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
rlast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lake Orion, MI
Posts: 523
Images: 4
[QUOTE=swedishfish;1459862]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milous View Post
Last updated: August 7, 2011


Late availability exterior colors:

CRUSH (production starts 8/22)
HEADER ORANGE CLEAR COAT (production starts 8/22)
BLACK FOREST GREEN CLEAR COAT (production starts mid October)
WINTER CHILL CLEAR COAT (production starts early October)
CACTUS GREEN (production starts January 2012)
GECKO PEARL COAT GREEN (production starts January 2012)
DEEP CHERRY RED CRYSTAL PEARL COAT (on hold, status unknown)


For CRUSH, does anyone know when these can be ordered? My local Jeep dealer says only the original colors are available. I see "Production starts 8/22", but is this also the date of order availability?


Thanks,
Whoa! Sure glad I got my Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl Coat Rubi before it went "on hold, status unknown"
__________________
2012 JK Rubicon,3.6L Pentastar, 6-Speed Man.
Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl Coat
Katzkin Deluxe 2-tone leather seats
Connectivity Group, RHR Media Center 730N
Black Freedom Top, AHT Trailer Tow Group
2005 TJ, 4.0L, 5-speed Manual
rlast is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-11-2011, 10:02 AM   #382
Jeeper
 
Dogface's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Grass Valley, Ca
Posts: 1,473
Send a message via Skype™ to Dogface
Like to know that too. I may have to re-order if my gears are not right.
__________________
Mark
"If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went"
......Will Rogers

2012 Crush Wrangler Rubicon two door....Finally home
Leather, Auto, Tow, 4.10, Remote start, MT wheels
Dogface is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-11-2011, 10:22 AM   #383
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 34
x2 on Crush ordering date. Milous?
Xia Wu is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-11-2011, 01:43 PM   #384
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 94
[QUOTE=swedishfish;1459862]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milous View Post
Last updated: August 7, 2011


Late availability exterior colors:

CRUSH (production starts 8/22)
HEADER ORANGE CLEAR COAT (production starts 8/22)
BLACK FOREST GREEN CLEAR COAT (production starts mid October)
WINTER CHILL CLEAR COAT (production starts early October)
CACTUS GREEN (production starts January 2012)
GECKO PEARL COAT GREEN (production starts January 2012)
DEEP CHERRY RED CRYSTAL PEARL COAT (on hold, status unknown)


For CRUSH, does anyone know when these can be ordered? My local Jeep dealer says only the original colors are available. I see "Production starts 8/22", but is this also the date of order availability?


Thanks,

Is this for real? WTF is Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl really on hold?
Please, no.
__________________
2012 Unlimited Sahara
"D" Status 8/4, "D1" 8/23, "KZ" 8/31, Delivered 9/12!
Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl
5 Spd Auto, Dual Tops
RHR 730N Media Center, Max Tow
lowdutch is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-11-2011, 01:58 PM   #385
Jeeper
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 332
[QUOTE=lowdutch;1460989]
Quote:
Originally Posted by swedishfish View Post


Is this for real? WTF is Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl really on hold?
Please, no.
No worries, it is now showing as available .
Milous is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-11-2011, 01:59 PM   #386
Jeeper
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xia Wu View Post
x2 on Crush ordering date. Milous?
Don't show an ordering date yet, if the 8/22 production start date is accurate/not delayed then ordering should open soon.
Milous is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-11-2011, 02:00 PM   #387
Jeeper
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gekke henkie View Post
Therefore, Milous, I think you can adjust the last words of the following quote from your first post:
Thanks for the info, I have added to confirmed info to my post.
Milous is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-11-2011, 02:08 PM   #388
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 94
[QUOTE=Milous;1461047]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowdutch View Post
No worries, it is now showing as available .
Thanks Milous.
__________________
2012 Unlimited Sahara
"D" Status 8/4, "D1" 8/23, "KZ" 8/31, Delivered 9/12!
Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl
5 Spd Auto, Dual Tops
RHR 730N Media Center, Max Tow
lowdutch is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-11-2011, 02:18 PM   #389
Newb
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4
Build schedule info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milous View Post
Don't show an ordering date yet, if the 8/22 production start date is accurate/not delayed then ordering should open soon.
FYI. Ordered new 2012 Sahara Unlimited 7/22. Scheduled for build on 8/2. Built
today. Currently status=I (built, pending final inspection) So it looks like they are a little over a week behind schedule (in my case.) Traded my 2008 Sahara.

rowley-rocket

1985 CJ-7...2004 Sahara...2008 Sahara Unlimited...2012 Sahara Unlimited

Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl Coat
24G Auto, Hardtop, remote, anti-spin, heated seats

Good luck to all!
rowley-rocket is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-11-2011, 02:22 PM   #390
Protector of F5 Keys...

WF Supporting Member
 
ndrugby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,302
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowley-rocket

FYI. Ordered new 2012 Sahara Unlimited 7/22. Scheduled for build on 8/2. Built
today. Currently status=I (built, pending final inspection) So it looks like they are a little over a week behind schedule (in my case.) Traded my 2008 Sahara.

rowley-rocket

1985 CJ-7...2004 Sahara...2008 Sahara Unlimited...2012 Sahara Unlimited

Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl Coat
24G Auto, Hardtop, remote, anti-spin, heated seats

Good luck to all!
Scheduled for build is the date they did the scheduling. Not the day they were going to build it. I was D1 scheduled for build on 6/24. That means on 6/24 someone gave my Jeep a build date. So I don't think they are a week behind.

__________________
2012 Rubicon with Half Doors
"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads!"
GO IRISH!!!
ndrugby is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The last person to post in this thread wins.... 02Prove Off-Topic 254913 Today 08:39 AM
How to Multi-Quote Scout Off-Topic 27 02-16-2012 03:47 PM
2012 wrangler donmary JK General Discussion Forum 2 04-17-2011 04:56 PM
Buy 2011 Wrangler Sahara or wait for 2012? Oswyn JK General Discussion Forum 23 02-05-2011 01:12 PM
Fellow Ohio Jeepers Help fick15 Ohio Jeep Forum 11 01-19-2010 10:56 PM



Download our Mobile App

» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:35 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC