2012 Wrangler information thread - Page 51 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 11-20-2011, 11:33 AM   #1501
yeah,,,, im that good

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
panthermark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago-land
Posts: 10,417
Images: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainynite View Post
I don't believe in financing. If I don't have it, I don't spend it. I saved for my jeep for..well, quite a few years.
Agreed, I have not had a car payment in a decade.
But I am excited about 0% for 36 months. That means less of an up-front hit on the savings account.

panthermark is online now   Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 01:34 PM   #1502
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyray View Post
At 0% your not going to finance for 5 years? Why not?
0% is only for 36 months on the Wrangler right now. It may change after the 1st. Who knows?

skihoser is offline   Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 06:58 PM   #1503
Jeeper
 
mountaincrawler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 26
Back to color selection for 2012...I saw a bronze looking JK driving through Denver yesterday, but cannot find anything similar on the Jeep site. Does this sound familiar to anyone? Is it possible to special order colors, or should I assume it was an aftermarket paint? Any links to the cactus green color? - it is not on the color pallet...
mountaincrawler is offline   Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 07:10 PM   #1504
Jeeper
 
Matador's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,596
I'm coming from a different mindset then some of you. Both my wife and I leased our cars with $0 down and were fine with a low car payment and not having to worry about sudden car repair bills. Before that I financed a VW Jetta for 5 years and held onto it for another 4 after paying it off. The depreciation and repair bills of that car is what lead me to a lease later.

This time around I'm choosing a jeep and something that I hope won't have those issues and I can own well beyond the 5 years of financing. And pass onto my son as his first car when he is old enough. In other words it's a long long term investment.

So financing aside, how do you guys feel about the pricing I mentioned? The dealer came highly recommended and honestly the sales manager I was dealing directly with seemed like a nice guy, absolute no pressure at all and straight forward with his pricing.

One other thing for those that have used the tread lightly discount. Were you able to combine it with other discounts? I ask because the dealer started off with a 1% under invoice due to special AAA pricing that he said was apart of an affiliate program but when I called Chrysler to ask them about the tread lightly discount they said that the AAA wasn't an affiliate discount just special pricing offered to AAA members. Has anyone else encountered any of that?
Matador is offline   Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 08:44 PM   #1505
Jeeper
 
adrenalin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 231
Insight shows my order should be at the dealer next Monday. Guess I won't be sleeping much this week
__________________
2012 Black 4-door Wrangler Sahara, AEV 2.5" Lift, rockstars, BFG All-Terrain TKO's, AEV bumpers
adrenalin is offline   Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 09:06 PM   #1506
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Fair Oaks, CA
Posts: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountaincrawler View Post
Back to color selection for 2012...I saw a bronze looking JK driving through Denver yesterday, but cannot find anything similar on the Jeep site. Does this sound familiar to anyone? Is it possible to special order colors, or should I assume it was an aftermarket paint? Any links to the cactus green color? - it is not on the color pallet...
That sounds like a 2011 70th year special edition. I don't think you can get that color any more.
verdugan is offline   Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 11:57 PM   #1507
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndrugby View Post
You can call 1-800-IAM-JEEP. The website won't work until you are in D1 and scheduled for building.

When you hit D1, replace the word MYVIN in the URL below with your actual VIN

Insight Network Logistics for Chrysler - Welcome

OR if you want an easier way, go to this link and follow the instructions (enter your VIN and hit the button, it will display your URL on the screen, copy and paste that into your browser's address bar)

VIN URL
Looks like Jeep turned off this tracking method. This is the error message that you get now:

"Due to security reasons, the vehicle trace feature is available only through Chrysler DealerConnect Portal. Please use Chrysler DealerConnect Portal to track your vehicles or contact your Chrysler representative for further information."

2012Jeep is offline   Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 01:29 AM   #1508
Protector of F5 Keys...

WF Supporting Member
 
ndrugby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,302
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Jeep View Post
Looks like Jeep turned off this tracking method. This is the error message that you get now:

"Due to security reasons, the vehicle trace feature is available only through Chrysler DealerConnect Portal. Please use Chrysler DealerConnect Portal to track your vehicles or contact your Chrysler representative for further information."

Yup. It's done. No more Insight.
__________________
2012 Rubicon with Half Doors
"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads!"
GO IRISH!!!
ndrugby is offline   Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 06:45 AM   #1509
Jeeper
 
cbboard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 185
jeep.com/vots is still up for what its worth...which isn't much.
__________________
2012 JKU Ruibcon, AEV Front/Rear Bumpers, AEV 3.5" Lift, Silver Pintlers, 35" BFG KM2s, aFe Y Pipe, ACE Rock Sliders, SPOD, CHR550 Lockpick
cbboard is offline   Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 02:21 AM   #1510
Jeeper
 
saharaguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 41
Milous...THANKS...I used YOUR infor (Canadian MSRPs etc) to order my new Sahara...spent a little time 'photoshopping up' some 'factory-looking' invoices...option sheets etc...only, instead of the MSRP showing, I inserted the 'dealer invoice' prices!! Then, all I had to do is bargain the trade up...I think I got a great deal...at my local dealer...Raceway Chrysler,Jeep Fiat...in Toronto...Really nice people, there!!!
__________________
- 2012 Black Sahara 2-door -
saharaguy is offline   Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 07:37 AM   #1511
Gin
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by saharaguy View Post
Milous...THANKS...I used YOUR infor (Canadian MSRPs etc) to order my new Sahara...spent a little time 'photoshopping up' some 'factory-looking' invoices...option sheets etc...only, instead of the MSRP showing, I inserted the 'dealer invoice' prices!! Then, all I had to do is bargain the trade up...I think I got a great deal...at my local dealer...Raceway Chrysler,Jeep Fiat...in Toronto...Really nice people, there!!!
Hmmm, printing the dealer invoice prices before going to meet the dealership... what a great idea!
Gin is offline   Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 11:18 AM   #1512
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountaincrawler View Post
Back to color selection for 2012...I saw a bronze looking JK driving through Denver yesterday, but cannot find anything similar on the Jeep site. Does this sound familiar to anyone? Is it possible to special order colors, or should I assume it was an aftermarket paint? Any links to the cactus green color? - it is not on the color pallet...

Could it have been Mango Tango? That is my favorite color and I'm super bummed that it isn't available for 2012
Fireslayer is offline   Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 11:49 AM   #1513
Protector of F5 Keys...

WF Supporting Member
 
ndrugby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,302
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountaincrawler
Back to color selection for 2012...I saw a bronze looking JK driving through Denver yesterday, but cannot find anything similar on the Jeep site. Does this sound familiar to anyone? Is it possible to special order colors, or should I assume it was an aftermarket paint? Any links to the cactus green color? - it is not on the color pallet...
There was a Bronze color for the 70th anniversary edition.
__________________
2012 Rubicon with Half Doors
"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads!"
GO IRISH!!!
ndrugby is offline   Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 02:41 PM   #1514
Jeeper
 
adrenalin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 231
Just got the call from the dealer. My order finally arrived however the buggers say it won't be ready for me to pick up until tomorrow afternoon. How am I suppose to sleep tonight?????
__________________
2012 Black 4-door Wrangler Sahara, AEV 2.5" Lift, rockstars, BFG All-Terrain TKO's, AEV bumpers
adrenalin is offline   Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 06:55 AM   #1515
Gin
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 115
Lol
Gin is offline   Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 03:54 PM   #1516
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 91
Can anyone tell me what the work hours are at the factory? Do they work 7-days a week, two shifts, or what? Thanks.
skihoser is offline   Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 05:11 PM   #1517
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
basecamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: MN
Posts: 1,213
6 days 2 shifts 20 hours per day currently building about 630 JK's a day according to a article I read recently.
__________________
2012 JKUR Black Forest Green
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/bas...ld-128626.html
basecamper is offline   Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 05:39 PM   #1518
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by basecamper View Post
6 days 2 shifts 20 hours per day currently building about 630 JK's a day according to a article I read recently.
Thanks much. When you are waiting seems like they build only about 2 a day
skihoser is offline   Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 07:53 AM   #1519
Gin
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 115
LOL @skihoser!

@basecamper, could you please post the article you read, if possible? I'd like to read it too!
Gin is offline   Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:10 AM   #1520
Jeeper
 
fan of fanboys's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Columbia, SC
Posts: 1,985
I don't like financing but it's a necessity for my life. I put enough down so I don't have to worry about being upside down. For the 2012 I'm putting 7,500 down. I also make a payment just over half the monthly payment every two weeks. Have set to auto draft same day I get paid. I do that with my house and both my current vehicles.

For my house alone turns my 30 year mortgage to a 20 year.

Everyone's life and income is diff tho. Gotta do what's best for your situation. I wish I could afford the 36 month 0% interest option. But my kids tuition cost $12K/year.
__________________
not
/nät/
adverb
1. used with an auxiliary verb or “be” to form the negative
2. used as a short substitute for a negative clause
"Not actually a backer of this thought"
fan of fanboys is offline   Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 12:04 PM   #1521
Jeeper
 
Matador's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,596
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by fan of fanboys View Post
I don't like financing but it's a necessity for my life. I put enough down so I don't have to worry about being upside down. For the 2012 I'm putting 7,500 down. I also make a payment just over half the monthly payment every two weeks. Have set to auto draft same day I get paid. I do that with my house and both my current vehicles.

For my house alone turns my 30 year mortgage to a 20 year.

Everyone's life and income is diff tho. Gotta do what's best for your situation. I wish I could afford the 36 month 0% interest option. But my kids tuition cost $12K/year.
Exactly, unfortunately given all my responsibilities among which a mortgage and 2 kids, dipping into my savings to cover a $30k vehicle outright would put me in a dangerous position financially. If something were to go wrong during the time I build the savings back up, It would be hard to recover. I can see paying for it out right if your house is paid for and much of your responsibilities are taken care of, hence when your older. But like you said, each person's circumstances are different.
Matador is offline   Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 08:53 PM   #1522
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 91
Message from the dealer today saying, "estimated shipping date is December 2." OK, I go on VOTS every 10 minutes and all I get is, can not find vehicle with info provided, or something like that. In fact, I have never gotten a reply from that location. Asked the dealer how I can get the same info and no response. I still think they make only 2 a day and send them all to Saudia Arabia
skihoser is offline   Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 10:07 PM   #1523
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
basecamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: MN
Posts: 1,213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
LOL @skihoser!

@basecamper, could you please post the article you read, if possible? I'd like to read it too!
Chrysler races to meet demand for iconic SUV - Toledo Blade
__________________
2012 JKUR Black Forest Green
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/bas...ld-128626.html
basecamper is offline   Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 10:39 PM   #1524
Gin
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by basecamper View Post
Wow! Great article! Thanks dude!
Gin is offline   Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 03:43 AM   #1525
Jeeper
 
fan of fanboys's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Columbia, SC
Posts: 1,985
Quote:
Originally Posted by basecamper
Just curious, would this potentially mean the resale value of Wranglers not be as high as prior years? 5 years from now there will be more used wranglers on market to meet demand right?
__________________
not
/nät/
adverb
1. used with an auxiliary verb or “be” to form the negative
2. used as a short substitute for a negative clause
"Not actually a backer of this thought"
fan of fanboys is offline   Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 07:37 AM   #1526
Jeeper
 
Browndog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by fan of fanboys

Just curious, would this potentially mean the resale value of Wranglers not be as high as prior years? 5 years from now there will be more used wranglers on market to meet demand right?
I don't know where you saw that at in the article. What I saw was, The Jeep brand is selling like hot cakes and they are worried they can't build enough of them to support demand. There are few things in the news to be happy about, this is one of them for me.
Browndog is offline   Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 07:48 AM   #1527
Jeeper
 
fan of fanboys's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Columbia, SC
Posts: 1,985
Quote:
Originally Posted by Browndog

I don't know where you saw that at in the article. What I saw was, The Jeep brand is selling like hot cakes and they are worried they can't build enough of them to support demand. There are few things in the news to be happy about, this is one of them for me.
I am asking.

One reason, bc there are many, that Wranglers hold such great resale value is it is hard to find. 5-8 year old model in good shape that hasn't been modded and decent miles. Supply does not equal demand.

However if there are going to be record number of these wranglers avail in 5-8 years, and assuming many of 1st time buyers are soccer moms and dads, then there will be more avail than ever that are maintained and not modded. So the supply can meet the demand.

One caveat, I'm assuming, will be 2 doors as I'm guessing many of the 1st time buyers are more interested in 4 door.

So based on rudimentary economics, bc it's complicated and many factors I'm sure I am missing, in 5 years it will be much easier to buy a stock, maintained JKU than it is now to buy a 5 year old JKU.


Not saying anything negative or wrong. Think it's great. More jeeps sold equals more profit do better r&d so better product.
__________________
not
/nät/
adverb
1. used with an auxiliary verb or “be” to form the negative
2. used as a short substitute for a negative clause
"Not actually a backer of this thought"
fan of fanboys is offline   Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 01:43 PM   #1528
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Fair Oaks, CA
Posts: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by fan of fanboys View Post
However if there are going to be record number of these wranglers avail in 5-8 years, and assuming many of 1st time buyers are soccer moms and dads, then there will be more avail than ever that are maintained and not modded. So the supply can meet the demand.
I don't think so because I'm hoping that the demand for used ones will be higher 5 years from now as well.
verdugan is offline   Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 02:35 PM   #1529
Jeeper
 
fan of fanboys's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Columbia, SC
Posts: 1,985
Quote:
Originally Posted by verdugan

I don't think so because I'm hoping that the demand for used ones will be higher 5 years from now as well.
Good point
__________________
not
/nät/
adverb
1. used with an auxiliary verb or “be” to form the negative
2. used as a short substitute for a negative clause
"Not actually a backer of this thought"
fan of fanboys is offline   Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 05:27 PM   #1530
Jeeper
 
Browndog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by fan of fanboys

Good point
Years ago when the (yuppies) started buying Harleys I thought, great in a few years when they get tired of them there will be a glut of cheap Harleys. Well that never happened.

I get your point about all of the soccer moms though, I am afraid the international demand will make prices go up just like it did for Harleys.

Browndog is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The last person to post in this thread wins.... 02Prove Off-Topic 270492 Today 01:11 PM
How to Multi-Quote Scout Off-Topic 27 02-16-2012 03:47 PM
2012 wrangler donmary JK General Discussion Forum 2 04-17-2011 04:56 PM
Buy 2011 Wrangler Sahara or wait for 2012? Oswyn JK General Discussion Forum 23 02-05-2011 01:12 PM
Fellow Ohio Jeepers Help fick15 Ohio Jeep Forum 11 01-19-2010 10:56 PM



Download our Mobile App

» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:03 PM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC