Originally Posted by gymscar
I'm having trouble keeping the side panels of my 2012 Wrangler soft top wrapped around the door pillars. Under speed they flip out and flap in the wind. Any suggestions?
Yup, you're not installing them correctly.
(1) With top otherwise up and done, hang a window using the Velcro.
(2) Zip the zipper NO MORE than 6". Just get it started.
(3) Fold the part that you're currently seeing flap in the breeze in toward the plastic door surround behind it, tucking the hard plastic that's embedded in the window fabric into the channel in the door surround. It folds over in a "u" shape. This is the step you're presently missing.
(4) Zip the zipper the rest of the way.
(5) Stretch and leverage the plastic strip on the bottom of the window into the channel on the jeep's body. You may need to go back to step 3 and retuck a bit to make sure it's still in tight after doing this.
(6) Fix the Velcro and admire handiwork.
The window will be very tight. Nothing flaps in the breeze.
In essence, the window is secured on the top and rear by the zipper, and on the bottom and front by attached/embedded plastic that's folded into a channel on the jeep/door surround. You're missing the step to secure the front.