2013 10th Anniversary Rubicon Thread - Page 334 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 04-10-2013, 07:34 PM   #9991
Jeeper
 
chittychittyBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctorsti View Post
I will be logging a formal complaint and I will likely write a letter to Chrysler brass.. I don't even give a damn if they read it but I never bought anything Chrysler and I won't ever again. By the time I need a new vehicle they will vastly different then they are now and I don't see the next one being a Jeep. This was a horrible experience and I was in NO WAY treated even the slightest bit special for forking over 41K to this miserable company for a product that had no model or for that matter communication about how it would look or optioned. The fact that they did not build every single January order and send them out with a special thank you is the reason I am absolutely livid. The excitement that the early adopters shouted from the rooftops here is the reason for this Jeeps success and we got SHIT on. Everyone on the planet has internet access and researches everything on the internet even if they have no intention of ever joining a forum. A vast majority if not all sales of 10A were because of the forum here that comes up pretty much first when you type in Jeep Rubicon in google. Go ahead try it... "jeep rubicon" the first hit is this thread. Jeep you better be listening. You alienated me and I promise this is it. I am going to love this Jeep and when it's done it's done. You blew it. You had the chance to do the right thing or at least the noble thing but you blew it.
Doc, you rock.

I just did 10 push ups to get amped up for our demonstration at Chrysler corp headquarters. Im painting signs. first one reads '10A? FU!'

seriously though, this experience has been the worst ive had all around as a consumer. BS from all angles - and the crap that chaps me hardest is the poo tossing monkeys at the dealership.

I might just keep the 10A forever to avoid this in the future. (wheres that middle finger icon?). shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

you ever see me in a bar, im buyin you a full tray of shots. i look like this hooooooooooaah (not sure what that means but it typed fun)

__________________
2013 Rubicon 10A. Red seats, Manual Trans, 2 Door, Anvil. This is my 5th Wrangler.
chittychittyBB is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-10-2013, 07:34 PM   #9992
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by UhOhBadDog View Post
If understand what I think I learned, it is fair to ask for the 1% TL beyond what is agreed to, as the dealer gets more than 1%, as much as 2% back in return. Maybe there is a delay in that reimbursement, which is driving your dealer to deal deeper? They don't have to agree, but I'd think they'd jump as they would be more than whole. I'm going to test it in the next week or so, as I'm already over 1% below, and going to try and use TL to go deeper.
I am getting closer to an answer on this. It seems three is 3% total that Chrysler gives up on affiliate deals - 1% goes to buyer and 2% to the dealer. 3% is also approximately the holdback on my POC. At my $500 below invoice pricing the dealer is making about 1.98% of invoice on holdback. This got me curious because technically the dealer could have made slightly more with the affiliate code and significantly more if they can tack on the affiliate code (i.e. holdback + 2% back from Chrysler). So I called a large dealership from which I did not order my 10A and found a helpful soul who explained how it works there. She said they don't combine discounts, but sometimes they will go well below the affiliate discount because this particular dealership is a "units dealer" - i.e., it has to hit certain volume targets and if it does not hit then it will lose far more money overall than what it might give up on one vehicle. (This certainly supports the idea of checking in with units dealers on the last day of each month to see how desperate they are to hit the number.) However, I did not get a straight answer on if the dealer gets 2% plus the holdback. The implication is no and that the dealer will not tack on the TL. However, my next call is to my dealer to talk more specifics and I will post what I learn.

jdwallsy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-10-2013, 07:37 PM   #9993
The Jeep Life.

WF Supporting Member
 
Cdwright's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Island Diver View Post

I know. But there does seem to be a sweet spot around early March. My theory is that there is big wheel they spin with VONs on it. Some busty girl in a red sequin dress with glowing white teeth and a permanent smile spins it every morning. That's how they determine what to build that day.
Wish that was true asI ordered early March. Some one who ordered in Jan from the dealer I did should have a blk/blk unl. It was in transit last week.
Cdwright is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-10-2013, 07:44 PM   #9994
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctorsti View Post
I rest my case.... every order of this damn Jeep was the few folks that ordered and jumped on here early to shout about how excited we were and what a tremendous thing this was going to be. Every damn person in this country "google's" things, trust me I'm in healthcare. Jeep you jammed up your sales force because your "true sales force" are generally more inept then you. I walked all three dealers I dealt with through the process. Seriously, I the Physical Therapist who's never owned a Chrysler product in my life showed 3 of your dealers how this thing worked and what the 10th Anniversary Rubicon even was! Chew on that a little.
I concur - I found this forum in February after seeing pics of the LA Auto Show jeep. It took me a week to find a dealer who could even order me one and I probably educated 4 other dealers along the way. I probably made 2 dozen phone calls in one week to 5 dealerships and not a single one knew how to order a 10A or they thought ordering was closed. My order is 100% due to you early adopters. Heck, I am still educating the dealers with the stuff I learn on this site (i.e., the servlet). It is a shame you early adopters aren't getting the love you deserve. I have no doubts the success of the 10A is grass roots out of this forum.
jdwallsy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-10-2013, 07:45 PM   #9995
Jeeper
 
Bits292's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 71
Once again for those of you that have taken delivery is your steering stabilizer relocated?
__________________
2013 JKR 10A Anvil/Black/2DR/Manual/Soft top
Bits292 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-10-2013, 07:48 PM   #9996
Jeeper
 
dcstein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swadehead View Post
Just called IAMJEEP. They told me I am still in D1 status, but they have a date next to it stating that my build has started on 4/5/13.

Does that just mean it went to D1 status on 4/5 or is there something more to it?

Has anyone heard anything like this? Wondering what this means for my timeframe.
Swade, the servlet shows me at D1, however the dealer said his system shows me on a train tomorrow and at the dealership about 2 weeks later. I wouldnt be surprised if your baby is on the same train. F vots, it's useless
dcstein is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-10-2013, 07:52 PM   #9997
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcstein View Post
Swade, the servlet shows me at D1, however the dealer said his system shows me on a train tomorrow and at the dealership about 2 weeks later. I wouldnt be surprised if your baby is on the same train. F vots, it's useless
I am still in D1 and was told by the dealer that I was scheduled for shipment yesterday. IAMJEEP told me April 18, so I am assuming I am sitting in a yard until then. That is glass if half full point of view. Not sure when VOTS will update again, but I am guessing there will be a huge influx of people going from D1 in VOTS straight to KZ/KZL.
jdwallsy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-10-2013, 07:53 PM   #9998
Jeeper
 
Swadehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Bergen County, NJ
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcstein View Post

Swade, the servlet shows me at D1, however the dealer said his system shows me on a train tomorrow and at the dealership about 2 weeks later. I wouldnt be surprised if your baby is on the same train. F vots, it's useless
I can only hope. If I see you cruising up MacArthur I'm gonna be jealous!
Swadehead is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-10-2013, 08:04 PM   #9999
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 65
BOOM! D1 in VOTS and 9,999 posts in this thread! The next poster wins a free 10A winch!

Of course given how crappy VOTS is my Jeep was probably delivered already, no owner or order information on the paperwork, and somebody just walked onto the lot and bought it.
AnvilXC is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-10-2013, 08:05 PM   #10000
Jeeper
 
active_Eng29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 208
10,000 posts
__________________
2013 JKUR 10a, Anvil, Red Seats
2011 KK Jet edition (wife's)
2005 WK (gone)
active_Eng29 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-10-2013, 08:06 PM   #10001
Jeeper
 
Billy Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Creole, Louisiana
Posts: 659
10,001 next stop 25k
__________________
2013 Rubi 10A Unlimited, Billet, Red interior. Ordered 02-02-13 and took delivery 04-24-13. Now a Happy 10A Owner
Billy Goat is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-10-2013, 08:08 PM   #10002
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: TX & NH
Posts: 115
Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by active_Eng29 View Post
10,000 posts
Please use VOTS to track the delivery of your winch!
Critter is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-10-2013, 08:10 PM   #10003
Jeeper
 
active_Eng29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Critter View Post
Please use VOTS to track the delivery of your winch!


sorry, I didn't see the reference to the winch until after my post.

If it is anything like my 10a, the winch may show up magically several months from now and I will receive an email from jeep two days later saying the order is being processed and is at D status....
__________________
2013 JKUR 10a, Anvil, Red Seats
2011 KK Jet edition (wife's)
2005 WK (gone)
active_Eng29 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-10-2013, 08:13 PM   #10004
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
m998dna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bits292 View Post
Once again for those of you that have taken delivery is your steering stabilizer relocated?

Not if this is where it was before...

.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	xCopy of image-3468868972.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	234580  
__________________
2013 Wrangler JKUR10A 3.6L DOHC - MDH 032515
:: 2002 Chevrolet G3500 LWB 8.1L - motovan
:: 1991 Cherokee Laredo 4.0L HO - resto in-process
:: 2010 Cherokee SRT8 6.1L Hemi - sold
:: 2009 Cherokee SRT8 6.1L Hemi - sold
:: 1965 Plymouth Sedan 562ci Hemi - sold
m998dna is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-10-2013, 08:13 PM   #10005
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Newark DE
Posts: 1,255
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdwallsy View Post
I concur - I found this forum in February after seeing pics of the LA Auto Show jeep. It took me a week to find a dealer who could even order me one and I probably educated 4 other dealers along the way. I probably made 2 dozen phone calls in one week to 5 dealerships and not a single one knew how to order a 10A or they thought ordering was closed. My order is 100% due to you early adopters. Heck, I am still educating the dealers with the stuff I learn on this site (i.e., the servlet). It is a shame you early adopters aren't getting the love you deserve. I have no doubts the success of the 10A is grass roots out of this forum.
Chrysler,
Do yourselves a huge favor... no wait Fiat, do YOUR selves a huge favor. Run a satisfactory survey to every 10th Anniversary Rubicon, yep all 7000, not the 5000 US orders. As your first question, "what was source of information that was most influential to your order: A. Jeep.com, B. Auto Shows, C. Wranglerforum.com, D. Divine Intervention

Now we all know the answer is always C, but besides that it's the true correct answer. Now go back to every member that posted in the first 30-50 pages here reporting that they ran out and ordered because the 10A was so badass. Ask the moderators for the members contact email addresses and then send them all a letter of apology and take some accountability for screwing them over. Maybe trump that stupid leather coat idea you had (which was so freaking 80's I can't stand it, seriously fire whoever thought that one up) and send out coupons for 50% off the fantasy Warn special edition winch. There you just spent like $50,000 (100x$500) which is nearly the MSRP of one of these damn 10A's and you not only showed 100 people that you actually do give a crap but also 1000's of others that you are willing to truly thank people that sell your product. If you or anyone else at that God forsaken company thinks the 10th Anniversary sold out due to Auto shows or your laughable roll out of internet media, you're wrong. It was Pat, Archer, and about 90-100 pre-sells that became members here to be huge dorks at how awesome this Jeep would be. I for one am one of those early adopters and like a huge number of us this will be our first Jeep Wrangler. Like has been said before but clearly has fallen on deaf ears: "THE INTERNET PUBLIC MEDIA IS THE LARGEST MOST EFFECTIVE SALES FORCE YOU COULD EVER HOPE TO EMPLOY" try showing some gratitude and you will have to build another massive plant just to keep up with demand.
Doctorsti is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-10-2013, 08:14 PM   #10006
Jeeper
 
Bits292's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 71
For those who have used the 115v inverter in the rubicons. Will it power a small 2gal compressor?
__________________
2013 JKR 10A Anvil/Black/2DR/Manual/Soft top
Bits292 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-10-2013, 08:20 PM   #10007
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
m998dna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by m998dna View Post
Hit 10,000 posts today?

Who will be luck member? ... I heard the admins say there will be a $500 voucher mailed to the lucky winner - to be used toward a 10A purchase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by active_Eng29 View Post
10,000 posts
Congratulations!

Time to contact the admins and collect your $500 ... I also heard it's a long wait.

__________________
2013 Wrangler JKUR10A 3.6L DOHC - MDH 032515
:: 2002 Chevrolet G3500 LWB 8.1L - motovan
:: 1991 Cherokee Laredo 4.0L HO - resto in-process
:: 2010 Cherokee SRT8 6.1L Hemi - sold
:: 2009 Cherokee SRT8 6.1L Hemi - sold
:: 1965 Plymouth Sedan 562ci Hemi - sold
m998dna is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-10-2013, 08:21 PM   #10008
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraken View Post

I think you might be on to something with those lyrics!

Kind of what I thought, a 10A should be ready for battle for the most part. I wasn't sure what he was talking about, so who better to turn to than this forum

I still want wheel locks and taillight guards. Im surprised the 10A doesn't come with taillight guards... Most, if not all I believe, limited edition models came with guards. Why not on the 10A, who knows.
My dealer added the tail light guard, ignition key coded hood lock, door sill guards, and wheel locks on at cost. They were all on it when I showed up to pick it up!
Hammer One is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-10-2013, 08:23 PM   #10009
Jeeper
 
Chiringuito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie29 View Post
mine came today (647078)... nicer than what i expected...it sits a whole 1.25 inches higher than the regular rubicon... maybe it's the tires?
great looking jeep - really like the white 2 door
Chiringuito is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-10-2013, 08:29 PM   #10010
Jeeper
 
Wolf Island Diver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Hampton Roads
Posts: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by m998dna View Post
Congratulations!

Time to contact the admins and collect your $500 ... I also heard it's a long wait.

But you can track it in VOTS
__________________
Life is just a series of Jeeps
- 1941 Willy's MB (Sold)
- 1998 TJ - Off road package (Sold)
- 2004 AEV Rubicon- (Just Sold)
- 2013 JKU 10a (Ordered)
Wolf Island Diver is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-10-2013, 08:42 PM   #10011
Jeeper
 
Lowerumble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,000
I feel like you guys are all working each other up in this thread. If you were to read about other peoples ordering experience, it would be similiar. It seems like you are feeding off each other and getting worked up. If you only knew how long we had to wait for the first 2013 rubicons to roll out. I am sure that it was the same for the 2012 models. I keep popping in this thread to see the new """"10A""""s to roll out, but mostly what I catch is those threatening Chrysler, begging Chrysler for an extra $500 or spouting off that something should be different for you because the jeep has a "10A" badge on the side and red seats. Chill... they will come, you will be happy, and hopefully the next gen of jeep will make you want one just as much...
Lowerumble is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-10-2013, 08:43 PM   #10012
Jeeper
 
genesbro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: western Oklahoma
Posts: 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctorsti View Post
Chrysler,
Do yourselves a huge favor... no wait Fiat, do YOUR selves a huge favor. Run a satisfactory survey to every 10th Anniversary Rubicon, yep all 7000, not the 5000 US orders. As your first question, "what was source of information that was most influential to your order: A. Jeep.com, B. Auto Shows, C. Wranglerforum.com, D. Divine Intervention

Now we all know the answer is always C, but besides that it's the true correct answer. Now go back to every member that posted in the first 30-50 pages here reporting that they ran out and ordered because the 10A was so badass. Ask the moderators for the members contact email addresses and then send them all a letter of apology and take some accountability for screwing them over. Maybe trump that stupid leather coat idea you had (which was so freaking 80's I can't stand it, seriously fire whoever thought that one up) and send out coupons for 50% off the fantasy Warn special edition winch. There you just spent like $50,000 (100x$500) which is nearly the MSRP of one of these damn 10A's and you not only showed 100 people that you actually do give a crap but also 1000's of others that you are willing to truly thank people that sell your product. If you or anyone else at that God forsaken company thinks the 10th Anniversary sold out due to Auto shows or your laughable roll out of internet media, you're wrong. It was Pat, Archer, and about 90-100 pre-sells that became members here to be huge dorks at how awesome this Jeep would be. I for one am one of those early adopters and like a huge number of us this will be our first Jeep Wrangler. Like has been said before but clearly has fallen on deaf ears: "THE INTERNET PUBLIC MEDIA IS THE LARGEST MOST EFFECTIVE SALES FORCE YOU COULD EVER HOPE TO EMPLOY" try showing some gratitude and you will have to build another massive plant just to keep up with demand.
I totally agree with you on every point.
I read about this thing coming last fall and informed two local dealers about it and that I would be back to order when they were available. I found out from this forum when that date would come and how to order it when it did arrive. I called my nearest dealer and they were hohum about getting the order in and I told them to just forget about it. I then called the other dealer that I had also informed about what was coming and they had no idea until that time. So I told them that I was ready to order and when they tried to order they said that they couldn't get it to come up. Told them what they had to do to make the order possible and it was ordered. If not for this forum and those of us that did the work on that day no one would have been able to order them. So as usual for being eager and resourceful we get dumped on and my Jeep has yet to leave the factory lot.

Again I say if they can't provide us with the nice winch that was so proudly shown with the Jeep they could at least provide some Jeep Jamboree passes. But we won't get any of those things or even a very thoughtful thank you. This is the first new Jeep I have ever attempted to buy, still don't have it. If I do get this one it will be my last. I might do as I have done in the past and get a used one from some place that sells other things that just happened to have one on the lot, but never again will I attempt to buy a new one.
__________________
Keep on Wheeling!
genesbro is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-10-2013, 08:49 PM   #10013
Jeeper
 
Wolf Island Diver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Hampton Roads
Posts: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowerumble View Post
I feel like you guys are all working each other up in this thread. If you were to read about other peoples ordering experience, it would be similiar. It seems like you are feeding off each other and getting worked up. If you only knew how long we had to wait for the first 2013 rubicons to roll out. I am sure that it was the same for the 2012 models. I keep popping in this thread to see the new """"10A""""s to roll out, but mostly what I catch is those threatening Chrysler, begging Chrysler for an extra $500 or spouting off that something should be different for you because the jeep has a "10A" badge on the side and red seats. Chill... they will come, you will be happy, and hopefully the next gen of jeep will make you want one just as much...
Did people who ordered non 10a 2012 or 2013 Jeeps complain about VOTs and the ordering process? I hear people complaining mostly about a crappy ordering process. The fact that its a 10a thread I think has little to do with it. Where there is some complaining specific to the 10a it is with regards to the push by Jeep and its dealerships to get people to per-order in order to ensure they would get one of these limited vehicles. This seems to have been pointless, as people have been able to order very late in the game and in some cases get their vehicle sooner. The main thing though is the lack of good information. I've ordered a lot of vehicles including Jeeps. I've never ordered one where I had know idea within some ballpark as to when they were going to ship it. This may not be unique to 10a buyers, but that is t people on this thread happend to have bought.
__________________
Life is just a series of Jeeps
- 1941 Willy's MB (Sold)
- 1998 TJ - Off road package (Sold)
- 2004 AEV Rubicon- (Just Sold)
- 2013 JKU 10a (Ordered)
Wolf Island Diver is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-10-2013, 08:57 PM   #10014
Jeeper
 
Lowerumble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Island Diver View Post
Did people who ordered non 10a 2012 or 2013 Jeeps complain about VOTs and the ordering process? I hear people complaining mostly about a crappy ordering process. The fact that its a 10a thread I think has little to do with it.
I ordered the first day the 2013s came out. VOTS never tracked my jeep until after it was done. The 1-800 number told me twice that my jeep was already delivered to my dealership, when it was not for another 6 weeks. I ordered out of state and had to arrange to go pick up my jeep. My scheduled delivery time was altered at least 1/2 dozen times and I missed my first planned offroad trip. My jeep showed up at least a month after many people that ordered a month or later than me. Alot of us had something similiar going on. It was indeed frustrating, but would not stop me from ordering another. I am just trying to give a little perspective because I feel like out of 10,000 posts 9,000 are negative. Just wait a few more weeks, and you will be super stoked when it arrives! Buy some sage and smudge that bad energy out!
Lowerumble is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-10-2013, 09:09 PM   #10015
Jeeper
 
Wolf Island Diver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Hampton Roads
Posts: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowerumble View Post
I ordered the first day the 2013s came out. VOTS never tracked my jeep until after it was done. The 1-800 number told me twice that my jeep was already delivered to my dealership, when it was not for another 6 weeks. I ordered out of state and had to arrange to go pick up my jeep. My scheduled delivery time was altered at least 1/2 dozen times and I missed my first planned offroad trip. My jeep showed up at least a month after many people that ordered a month or later than me. Alot of us had something similiar going on. It was indeed frustrating, but would not stop me from ordering another. I am just trying to give a little perspective because I feel like out of 10,000 posts 9,000 are negative. Just wait a few more weeks, and you will be super stoked when it arrives! Buy some sage and smudge that bad energy out!
The last time I ordered a Jeep was from AEV. I ordered it in March. I got it in August. Now that is seriously slow. At least they kept me updated though. I didn't sweat it because I new what was going on. I'm not really sweating this either. Ive been without a car since August of 2012, but that's my fault. The point I was trying to make is that I don't think people are complaining because they think that ordering a 10a makes them special. I'm sure some do. I think people are simply pissed at the crappy process. This could just as well be Rubicon ordering thread. Of course haven't been perusing any other ordering threads, so maybe I'm wrong. Maybe 10a buyers are just bitchy

There is also a lot of other random crap on here. I'm sure as more roll out the tone will pick up.
__________________
Life is just a series of Jeeps
- 1941 Willy's MB (Sold)
- 1998 TJ - Off road package (Sold)
- 2004 AEV Rubicon- (Just Sold)
- 2013 JKU 10a (Ordered)
Wolf Island Diver is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-10-2013, 09:09 PM   #10016
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Newark DE
Posts: 1,255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowerumble View Post
I feel like you guys are all working each other up in this thread. If you were to read about other peoples ordering experience, it would be similiar. It seems like you are feeding off each other and getting worked up. If you only knew how long we had to wait for the first 2013 rubicons to roll out. I am sure that it was the same for the 2012 models. I keep popping in this thread to see the new """"10A""""s to roll out, but mostly what I catch is those threatening Chrysler, begging Chrysler for an extra $500 or spouting off that something should be different for you because the jeep has a "10A" badge on the side and red seats. Chill... they will come, you will be happy, and hopefully the next gen of jeep will make you want one just as much...
Really I was unaware of another situation where Jeep launched a new special limited edition vehicle to commemorate 10 years of changing the game when it comes to Wranglers and Off road vehicles in general with the Rubicon. I was unaware that folks who ordered 2013 base rubicons were told, "hey here's a presell of something special that we won't really give you a whole lot of info on, then when you do order one we will treat the folks that order once it is a known quantity build priority.... I was also unaware of my rights to express my opinion in a public forum. Threatening... check, begging... semantics I guess, spouting off... double check. Thanks for noticing. When my Jeep finally rolls home I will make sure to post plenty of pictures so you can read some worth while posts that show what all versions of this Jeep will look like.
Doctorsti is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-10-2013, 09:13 PM   #10017
Jeeper
 
Espada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Posts: 322
I, for one, do not expect to purchase another Chrysler product again based on this fiasco. I still remember the post in which Pat mentioned (and I am paraphrasing), "At least those who ordered early will get their 10A Wranglers early." I do not remember when he said it during this goliath thread, but I do remember reading it and getting solace.

Jeep: I put $1,000 down in towards your product one third of a year ago. Don't you think that takes some sort of priority? If the wait wasn't bad enough, the fact that you are getting vehicles out to folks who ordered in March - I'll admit- stings a bit, c'mon now! Red seats, manual transmission, Anvil paint: it's nothing crazy get it done and shipped. And like I said, it better be right, or I will take full advantage of the warrantee. I think I will join Doctorsti in sending Jeeps brass a little love letter.
__________________
JKR10A - 2ARM

Do I believe in an almighty? Of course I do! What can be more almighty than believing in myself?
Espada is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-10-2013, 09:13 PM   #10018
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 128
VOTS was an issue in 2007 and 8 when I had my Charger and people were ordering SRTs. It has always sucked, but I think back then it was cool because you could get SOMETHING. Our expectation of real-time updates has gotten to the point we feel owed.

If I owned Jeep, I would to be sending real-time data out either! Maybe it's proprietary, maybe it's cost prohibitive to roll out company wide, maybe it's just because if they say it will be built on the 10th, on a train by the 11th, a truck by the 15th and in your driveway on the 16th and god forbid the train gets held up at a switching yard because a switch won't activate, they are the ones that have to catch the hell!

I would rather be told it will be here in 2 months and get it in 7 weeks than the other way around. If you feel the need to blame someone, blame the sales manager who failed to set expectations correctly, blame the salesman who told you a lie to get you to order it from him, hell, blame yourself for believing Chrysler was going to build a MASS PRODUCED, COMMERCIALLY AVAILABLE vehicle with a special paint color and non-matching seats any faster than any other vehicle they have built, EVER.

Lets all just chill, have a cold refreshing beverage, and know ours will come when it comes.
__________________
10A Spreadsheet
MeSteve is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-10-2013, 09:14 PM   #10019
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowerumble View Post
I feel like you guys are all working each other up in this thread. If you were to read about other peoples ordering experience, it would be similiar. It seems like you are feeding off each other and getting worked up. If you only knew how long we had to wait for the first 2013 rubicons to roll out. I am sure that it was the same for the 2012 models. I keep popping in this thread to see the new """"10A""""s to roll out, but mostly what I catch is those threatening Chrysler, begging Chrysler for an extra $500 or spouting off that something should be different for you because the jeep has a "10A" badge on the side and red seats. Chill... they will come, you will be happy, and hopefully the next gen of jeep will make you want one just as much...
Agree with the last bit - as it has been said many times in this thread - we will all be stoked when our 10As arrive and think it was worth the wait and the more we relax now the happier we will be. I don't mind people venting though - they almost always get propped up with some positive advice in this thread and it is all healthy stuff. I've had a different experience in that I've found 9k out of 10k posts to be positive or informative. I'll call the other 1k therapeutic good to hear an outside perspective though. I guess we were having a more therapeutic day.
jdwallsy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-10-2013, 09:14 PM   #10020
Jeeper
 
Wolf Island Diver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Hampton Roads
Posts: 241
I also seem to remember seeing a Chrysler sucks because of rust thread, and a Chrysler and all dealerships suck because of head problems thread. Those are real downers too. But I bet they are really downers for the people actually experiencing those problems.

__________________
Life is just a series of Jeeps
- 1941 Willy's MB (Sold)
- 1998 TJ - Off road package (Sold)
- 2004 AEV Rubicon- (Just Sold)
- 2013 JKU 10a (Ordered)
Wolf Island Diver is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



logo carid shop wrangler parts carid fender flares custom wheels store avs deflectors at carid
» Rates
Get low rates on auto insurance in Canada!

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:53 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC