2013 10th Anniversary Rubicon Thread - Page 367 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 04-16-2013, 09:19 AM   #10981
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by UhOhBadDog View Post
I have a new love (don't tell the wife!)...She's tall, dark, and tough, with a warm, soft side as well. And she commands attention from girls and guys alike! Can't keep their eyes off her!

Here is another shot of her up on the transport. They were kind enough to load this poor guys' 2ARA in front of her to protect her from the bugs and grime coming down the road.

Attachment 236755

Finally got to her after 7pm tonight, so it was dark when we first met. Here's a couple pics to satiate the hunger, with more to come in coming days:

Attachment 236756


Attachment 236757

I have a case of permagrin, and can safely say this beast has wiped away all the frustration, angst and turmoil of the past few months. Was so tempted to stay up late and dress her up in some of the mods I've accumulated, but I've got to work early, and we'll have plenty of time together. She's truly a Keeper!

I can safely say to all those still waiting, it IS worth it!

p.s. - How you like them Black Walls?!? BTW, VOTS still shows KZL...
Congratulations! I really like the black walls. Did you have the dealer flip them for you? I want to do the same on mine and plasti dip the wheels black.

Rubicon10aPacer is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-16-2013, 09:36 AM   #10982
Jeeper
 
active_Eng29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 207
On the spreadsheet, is delivered when the 10a arrives at the dealer or when I take it home.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...SZGI1WUE#gid=0
PS. My 10a just showed up at the dealer, will get photos at lunch. Hope to take it home tomorrow.

__________________
2013 JKUR 10a, Anvil, Red Seats
2011 KK Jet edition (wife's)
2005 WK (gone)
active_Eng29 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-16-2013, 09:45 AM   #10983
Jeeper
 
Lebrenz1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by UhOhBadDog View Post
I have a new love (don't tell the wife!)...She's tall, dark, and tough, with a warm, soft side as well. And she commands attention from girls and guys alike! Can't keep their eyes off her!

Here is another shot of her up on the transport. They were kind enough to load this poor guys' 2ARA in front of her to protect her from the bugs and grime coming down the road.

Finally got to her after 7pm tonight, so it was dark when we first met. Here's a couple pics to satiate the hunger, with more to come in coming days:

I have a case of permagrin, and can safely say this beast has wiped away all the frustration, angst and turmoil of the past few months. Was so tempted to stay up late and dress her up in some of the mods I've accumulated, but I've got to work early, and we'll have plenty of time together. She's truly a Keeper!

I can safely say to all those still waiting, it IS worth it!

p.s. - How you like them Black Walls?!? BTW, VOTS still shows KZL...
Congrats. Have fun!
Lebrenz1 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-16-2013, 09:45 AM   #10984
Jeeper
 
UhOhBadDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Scaggsville, MD
Posts: 1,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmex View Post
Awesome....congrats. Love the black walls out....that's what I am going to do with mine. Are those your stock 265s or did you go bigger??
Those are the stock meats, and even they are beefy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon10aPacer View Post

Congratulations! I really like the black walls. Did you have the dealer flip them for you? I want to do the same on mine and plasti dip the wheels black.
Dealer did it as part of the prep, thankfully.
__________________
The fun has only just begun!
2013 10th Anniversary JKUR, Anvil w/Red seats
oIIIIIIo
UhOhBadDog is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-16-2013, 10:10 AM   #10985
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by macsjk View Post
First mods...

This is the best looking tail light guard I've seen. Who manufactures these?
Rubicon10aPacer is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-16-2013, 10:11 AM   #10986
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Island Diver View Post

I generally loath taillight guards, because they look like bad bolt-ons, but those look fantastic. I may take a hard look at those.
Hi, I'm new to thread and am awaiting a 10a many on here...in meantime...are those the mopar black aluminum or black plastic tail light guards? Look nice.
Shanewolford is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-16-2013, 10:13 AM   #10987
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 74
From D1 to G this morning...

Well it's finally moving.
Hopefully it will not take too long to complete and ship, then the long wait for the rail system.
Rubicon10aPacer is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-16-2013, 10:14 AM   #10988
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Dallas, GA.
Posts: 839
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon10aPacer View Post
This is the best looking taillight guard I've seen. Who manufactures these?
Mopar. They are the black versions from the Mopar catalog. Just installed a set this weekend myself.
__________________
'13 JKUR 10th Anniversary
Billet, Red int., auto, 4:10, Towed behind motorhome
'12 Ram 2500 Laramie, Cummins H.O.
'09 Dodge Charger Daytona, 1 of 400
Several Antique and pro-tour cars
parker65 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-16-2013, 10:15 AM   #10989
Jeeper
 
Blue Heron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senojelyk View Post
So I just checked my dealer inventory site out of sheer boredom (or hope that the "in transit" will go away) and there's 2 more 10As on the way aside from mine. Both are pretty damn close to mine on the VIN, within 30 numbers which means the manager probably said hey that guy is getting a sick jeep, lets get us some to sell here.. I really doubt they sold 2 more right after mine being the first.
I am in Pensacola also but I had to go to Gulf Port to get the best deal... You go with Hill Kelly? Hope you got a good deal. I got 1 percent under invoice with affiliate... mine is ordered 2 door anvil.
Blue Heron is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-16-2013, 10:35 AM   #10990
Jeeper
 
wowbbq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Craig Colorado
Posts: 23
Wheel size for 10A JKUL?

Does anybody know for sure how wide the new wheels on the 10A JKUL's are? Also will i be able to fit 12x35x17"s on them?
wowbbq is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-16-2013, 10:38 AM   #10991
Jeeper
 
UhOhBadDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Scaggsville, MD
Posts: 1,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by wowbbq View Post
Does anybody know for sure how wide the new wheels on the 10A JKUL's are? Also will i be able to fit 12x35x17"s on them?
7.5", generally too narrow for 35's I believe.
__________________
The fun has only just begun!
2013 10th Anniversary JKUR, Anvil w/Red seats
oIIIIIIo
UhOhBadDog is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-16-2013, 10:42 AM   #10992
Jeeper
 
days-like-this's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 22
How are the 'RED SEATERS' reporting the quality of their leather so far? Our other jeep has the saddle leather which is pretty rough and durable. I'm curious as to the RED quality due to the couple posts buried in this thread showing the premature wear on a early 10 A.

Comments on your leather so far? Is it as rough and thick as the saddle? Or does it seem pretty soft? Also, does it have the vinyl outers?

Congrats on all the deliveries! Not a combo here I don't like
days-like-this is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-16-2013, 10:45 AM   #10993
Jeeper
 
genesbro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: western Oklahoma
Posts: 386
Suddenly I can't see any 10a rubis when I do enventory search!
__________________
Keep on Wheeling!
genesbro is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-16-2013, 10:48 AM   #10994
Jeeper
 
chittychittyBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by days-like-this View Post
How are the 'RED SEATERS' reporting the quality of their leather so far? Our other jeep has the saddle leather which is pretty rough and durable. I'm curious as to the RED quality due to the couple posts buried in this thread showing the premature wear on a early 10 A.

Comments on your leather so far? Is it as rough and thick as the saddle? Or does it seem pretty soft? Also, does it have the vinyl outers?

Congrats on all the deliveries! Not a combo here I don't like
We heard there were 'issues' with the red seats, but i dont recall anyone saying that it was related to 'premature wear'. where did this information come from?

I can see there was speculation, but I dont know that any of this information came from Chrysler.
__________________
2013 Rubicon 10A. Red seats, Manual Trans, 2 Door, Anvil. This is my 5th Wrangler.
chittychittyBB is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-16-2013, 10:48 AM   #10995
Jeeper
 
wowbbq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Craig Colorado
Posts: 23
Thanks, i couldn't find any sizes for the wheels.

10A Anvil/Black Auto-4:10's ordered 03-22 is supposed to be D-1 this am. delivery around 04-26 I hope.
wowbbq is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-16-2013, 10:59 AM   #10996
Jeeper
 
chittychittyBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by days-like-this View Post
How are the 'RED SEATERS' reporting the quality of their leather so far? Our other jeep has the saddle leather which is pretty rough and durable. I'm curious as to the RED quality due to the couple posts buried in this thread showing the premature wear on a early 10 A.

Comments on your leather so far? Is it as rough and thick as the saddle? Or does it seem pretty soft? Also, does it have the vinyl outers?

Congrats on all the deliveries! Not a combo here I don't like
Also, about the leather seats.... I have a special interest in these because I have the 'leather' factory seats in my 2011 Sahara. I posted earlier about how poor the 2011 design was because the seating surface wasnt all leather, its only the center panel in the seat thats leather, the sides, which make up about half of the seat on the front are vinyl. I mentioned this early on because i wanted to know if our 10A seats would be different - hopefully all leather on the 'seating surface'. The response i got was that it doesnt really matter. Well it does. since that post the vinyl on my seats has started cracking and tearing. I have only 18k miles on my Sahara. The seats are junk.

Anyway, long story short, and to answer your question. I believe they changed this so at least the surface of the seat, where your body touches, is all leather. The sides of the seat and backs, including the headrests are vinyl, which is an improvement. However, i do see wear on the vinyl in my sahara down by the seat adjustment levers. they will also crack at some point. Hopefully jeep demanded higher quality from their vendors - not just for the 10A but for all wrangler leather seats.

Some people dont notice or care about the diff between real leather and pleather. its an important difference, and when we pay 40K+ for a vehicle with leather seats, they should stand the test of time. this is 2013, its not rocket science to build a leather/vinyl seat combo that will last for a good part of the life of the car. shiiiiii
__________________
2013 Rubicon 10A. Red seats, Manual Trans, 2 Door, Anvil. This is my 5th Wrangler.
chittychittyBB is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-16-2013, 11:04 AM   #10997
Jeeper
 
Senojelyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Heron View Post

I am in Pensacola also but I had to go to Gulf Port to get the best deal... You go with Hill Kelly? Hope you got a good deal. I got 1 percent under invoice with affiliate... mine is ordered 2 door anvil.
No, what a joke that place is. Went to the one in Ft. Walton first cause I was there for a weekend, they "didn't know what the 10A" was.. And while sitting at his desk didn't bother to google it or anything. So went to Hill Kelly, nice salesperson, but they again knew nothing but at least looked it up for me. They offered me a whopping 1k off the sticker and 1500 below kbb on my trade.. Left there, got a call a few days later and they offered me an extra 500 on my trade.. Manager fed me bs about not raising their sticker or anything and eventually pissed me off when he attacked my knowledge of how businesses work so I told him when I buy it you'll get an e-mail from a different dealership thanking you for being a jackass.

Sent a note to Chris Myers in daphne and Gulf in Foley about it.. The lady from Chris Myers called first, said she would help me "locate" a 10A for me cause they didn't have any. (This was end of Jan still) I told her you can try, but they are all still in pieces at the plant in Toledo, she told me "well, good luck finding it!" Lol, ok they didn't want my business..

Then Gulf in Foley got back to me, told her what I wanted, she sent me a copy of the invoice sheet thing and told me since I'm military my price will be 100$ below invoice (without any negotiating at this point). Went in and saw them, gave me 500$ below kbb on my trade and the 100$ off, managed to negotiate them down to 3.6% off invoice, and what I owe on my trade which was like 300$ off kbb I think.. They have been really really helpful throughout the whole process, even let me drive a jeep there and showed me how to do stuff with it (already have a YJ so I'm no newbie, but fun nonetheless to play with it) so I would know when mine came in. Went with the Black 4dr, ordered 2/4, est delivery 4/22.. Hoping it'll show early and I can get her this weekend.

Sorry for the long story, but hey those of us still waiting are all probably bored out of our minds waiting.. So there's my story. I've come to love my dealer now, ask for Holly at Gulf Chrysler Dodge Jeep in Foley, AL.
Senojelyk is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-16-2013, 11:11 AM   #10998
Jeeper
 
UhOhBadDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Scaggsville, MD
Posts: 1,174
This hood is the shizzle! Looking out at the Chesapeake Bay at work this morning!


Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1585385247.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	143.4 KB
ID:	236864
__________________
The fun has only just begun!
2013 10th Anniversary JKUR, Anvil w/Red seats
oIIIIIIo
UhOhBadDog is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-16-2013, 11:12 AM   #10999
Jeeper
 
Senojelyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by UhOhBadDog View Post
This hood is the shizzle! Looking out at the Chesapeake Bay at work this morning!
Wow.. You sir just made me even more anxious, which I didn't think possible at this point. Nice pic!
Senojelyk is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-16-2013, 11:13 AM   #11000
Jeeper
 
Daspes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 80
8 days after the Delivery Date provided by IAM, and both Jeeps arriviedat the Dealer this morning!!!!
Daspes is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-16-2013, 11:16 AM   #11001
Jeeper
 
UhOhBadDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Scaggsville, MD
Posts: 1,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daspes View Post
8 days after the Delivery Date provided by IAM, and both Jeeps arriviedat the Dealer this morning!!!!
Winner!! Not sure my heart could handle delivery of two of these magnificent creations! Might be an overdose! Congratulations to you and your better half!
__________________
The fun has only just begun!
2013 10th Anniversary JKUR, Anvil w/Red seats
oIIIIIIo
UhOhBadDog is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-16-2013, 11:40 AM   #11002
Jeeper
 
chittychittyBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by UhOhBadDog View Post
This hood is the shizzle! Looking out at the Chesapeake Bay at work this morning!


Attachment 236864
Best 10A picture yet.
__________________
2013 Rubicon 10A. Red seats, Manual Trans, 2 Door, Anvil. This is my 5th Wrangler.
chittychittyBB is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-16-2013, 11:52 AM   #11003
Jeeper
 
docz63's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by UhOhBadDog View Post
This hood is the shizzle! Looking out at the Chesapeake Bay at work this morning!
BEAUTIFUL! Congrats!
docz63 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-16-2013, 11:56 AM   #11004
Newb
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Sebring, Fl
Posts: 10
I am in Shipment as of this morning, and getting a little anxious. When I go to pick it up, I am afraid of missing some of the things people have mentioned on this thread that they found wrong. I need to make a list to bring with me to keep my mind straight.
1. Dash plate
2. Shift knobs
3. Rust underneath
4. Should I measure the fender hieght to ensure the correct springs were put on?
5. Is the instrument cluster on this jeep different than the standard?

Anything else?
John2350 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-16-2013, 11:59 AM   #11005
Jeeper
 
chittychittyBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 293
You seem a bit paranoid

nobody has seen rust. nobody has seen any issue with springs. right?

The only thing i'd look at is the shift knobs - seems like an F up on Jeeps part in the factory. Minor issue though.

...just my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John2350 View Post
I am in Shipment as of this morning, and getting a little anxious. When I go to pick it up, I am afraid of missing some of the things people have mentioned on this thread that they found wrong. I need to make a list to bring with me to keep my mind straight.
1. Dash plate
2. Shift knobs
3. Rust underneath
4. Should I measure the fender hieght to ensure the correct springs were put on?
5. Is the instrument cluster on this jeep different than the standard?

Anything else?
__________________
2013 Rubicon 10A. Red seats, Manual Trans, 2 Door, Anvil. This is my 5th Wrangler.
chittychittyBB is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-16-2013, 12:03 PM   #11006
Jeeper
 
dcstein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 185
Anyone get a loan rate better than 1.74%? If so, from where? My dealer said Bank of America will match any rate I can get and the 1.74% from PenFed credit union is the best I've found. Thanks!
dcstein is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-16-2013, 12:03 PM   #11007
Jeeper
 
Blue Heron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senojelyk View Post
No, what a joke that place is. Went to the one in Ft. Walton first cause I was there for a weekend, they "didn't know what the 10A" was.. And while sitting at his desk didn't bother to google it or anything. So went to Hill Kelly, nice salesperson, but they again knew nothing but at least looked it up for me. They offered me a whopping 1k off the sticker and 1500 below kbb on my trade.. Left there, got a call a few days later and they offered me an extra 500 on my trade.. Manager fed me bs about not raising their sticker or anything and eventually pissed me off when he attacked my knowledge of how businesses work so I told him when I buy it you'll get an e-mail from a different dealership thanking you for being a jackass.

Sent a note to Chris Myers in daphne and Gulf in Foley about it.. The lady from Chris Myers called first, said she would help me "locate" a 10A for me cause they didn't have any. (This was end of Jan still) I told her you can try, but they are all still in pieces at the plant in Toledo, she told me "well, good luck finding it!" Lol, ok they didn't want my business..

Then Gulf in Foley got back to me, told her what I wanted, she sent me a copy of the invoice sheet thing and told me since I'm military my price will be 100$ below invoice (without any negotiating at this point). Went in and saw them, gave me 500$ below kbb on my trade and the 100$ off, managed to negotiate them down to 3.6% off invoice, and what I owe on my trade which was like 300$ off kbb I think.. They have been really really helpful throughout the whole process, even let me drive a jeep there and showed me how to do stuff with it (already have a YJ so I'm no newbie, but fun nonetheless to play with it) so I would know when mine came in. Went with the Black 4dr, ordered 2/4, est delivery 4/22.. Hoping it'll show early and I can get her this weekend.

Sorry for the long story, but hey those of us still waiting are all probably bored out of our minds waiting.. So there's my story. I've come to love my dealer now, ask for Holly at Gulf Chrysler Dodge Jeep in Foley, AL.

Yea I did the same thing but without the trade. Foley was the back up, but I got the screaming deal with Gulf Port and got the Military as well as the affiliate.

Hill Kelly are clowns. Their service department is less than impressive. My Grand Cherokee experience wasnt too good either. they advertise Internet Sales then they try to pass you off to three different sales people and still try to play " I need to go ask the manager" crap..

My Deal in Gulf Port took 4 emails. Period.

I'll look for you around Pensacola.

Enjoy it.
Blue Heron is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-16-2013, 12:06 PM   #11008
Newb
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drmad7 View Post
While I'm waiting for my 10A, prayers go out to Boston Marathoners!
I share your thoughts&prayers for Boston.
Suspect it's the survivalist in me that brings me back time and again to owning a Jeep ...adds a level of confidence that's hard to come by in this uncertain world.
10ARubiRaven is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-16-2013, 12:11 PM   #11009
Jeeper
 
Senojelyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Heron View Post

Yea I did the same thing but without the trade. Foley was the back up, but I got the screaming deal with Gulf Port and got the Military as well as the affiliate.

Hill Kelly are clowns. Their service department is less than impressive. My Grand Cherokee experience wasnt too good either. they advertise Internet Sales then they try to pass you off to three different sales people and still try to play " I need to go ask the manager" crap..

My Deal in Gulf Port took 4 emails. Period.

I'll look for you around Pensacola.

Enjoy it.
Yea, you'd think they would change something.. 2 10As in Pcola and neither was from the only dealer here haha.

Ill keep an eye out for you too, cheers!
Senojelyk is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-16-2013, 12:16 PM   #11010
Jeeper
 
One Punch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 120
What is the address to the servlet?? How else can I check the status of my order without waiting for emails?? Any advice??

One Punch is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:02 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC