2013 10th Anniversary Rubicon Thread - Page 407 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 04-23-2013, 05:29 PM   #12181
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
UhOhBadDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Scaggsville, MD
Posts: 1,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by uconnapharm View Post
I will be going to see my local Jeep dealer Friday afternoon to order a 10th Anniversary Rubicon.
I am getting the automatic transmission
My typical off-road exploits are tame :
cow paths on the farm
dirt roads in the forest
shallow stream crossings
and the typical New England blizzard
plus
I will once a week be pulling a 5'x12' trailer
either with a motorcycle of grass clippings/yard waste

Cannot decide between the 3.73 or the 4.10
I understand the performance each provides.
My questions :
how big is the difference in gas mileage with every day driving to work ?
will I enjoy the tighter acceleration of the 4.10 enough to make a difference ?
any pros and cons listed for both the 3.73 & 4.10 will be appreciated
Thanks
George
400 miles in, highway commuter, and no regrets for having added the 4.10 to my Auto. I did second guess during the long wait, but stuck with it and its fine. Will be even happier if I go to 35s as I anticipate.

__________________
The fun has only just begun!
2013 10th Anniversary JKUR, Anvil w/Red seats
oIIIIIIo
UhOhBadDog is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-23-2013, 05:43 PM   #12182
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by UhOhBadDog View Post
400 miles in, highway commuter, and no regrets for having added the 4.10 to my Auto. I did second guess during the long wait, but stuck with it and its fine. Will be even happier if I go to 35s as I anticipate.
Lucky...I got stuck at 3.73 but will re gear to the appropriate gear.
How's your MPGs sicnr owning?

__________________
'13 10th Anniversary JKUR Anvil on Red - delivered 5/9/13 Now Gone
/l ,[____],
[1---L-OllllllO-

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
fastNugly is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-23-2013, 05:48 PM   #12183
Jeeper
 
rgarrison3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Metro Detroit
Posts: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by UhOhBadDog View Post
877-IAMJEEP - the Customer "service" number for Jeep. They can give you insight on your Jeep, not always the most reliable though, with a VON or VIN.

VOTS is the online tracking system, that allows you to track progress with a VON or VIN once you are in D status.
Thanks! I called and found out I'm in D, any ideas on how much longer it is from here? I do have a VIN now too !!
__________________
2002 Dodge Dakota Sport Quad Cab
2009 Challenger SRT8 Hemi Orange 6Spd
2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited 10th Annv Anvil/Red
rgarrison3 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-23-2013, 05:52 PM   #12184
Jeeper
 
gig3m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgarrison3 View Post
Thanks! I called and found out I'm in D, any ideas on how much longer it is from here? I do have a VIN now too !!
You're next stop is D1, which is the first time that you could possibly get a date for production from your dealer or IAMJEEP. Before that point, there's not much else to know.

Once you move to E - Frame, things will go quickly.

Do yourself a favor and either grab the VOTS response URL (it's in this thread many times) or use jeepstatus.com to see the actual codes Chrysler has for your Jeep.
gig3m is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-23-2013, 05:52 PM   #12185
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
UhOhBadDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Scaggsville, MD
Posts: 1,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastNugly View Post

Lucky...I got stuck at 3.73 but will re gear to the appropriate gear.
How's your MPGs sicnr owning?
First tank of mostly Hwy - 17, 2nd tank of mixed, heavier on local driving - 15, and I'm an admitted lead foot.
__________________
The fun has only just begun!
2013 10th Anniversary JKUR, Anvil w/Red seats
oIIIIIIo
UhOhBadDog is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-23-2013, 06:01 PM   #12186
Jeeper
 
10Rubicon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Illinois
Posts: 96
Auto & 4.10

Quote:
Originally Posted by uconnapharm View Post
I will be going to see my local Jeep dealer Friday afternoon to order a 10th Anniversary Rubicon.
I am getting the automatic transmission
My typical off-road exploits are tame :
cow paths on the farm
dirt roads in the forest
shallow stream crossings
and the typical New England blizzard
plus
I will once a week be pulling a 5'x12' trailer
either with a motorcycle of grass clippings/yard waste

Cannot decide between the 3.73 or the 4.10
I understand the performance each provides.
My questions :
how big is the difference in gas mileage with every day driving to work ?
will I enjoy the tighter acceleration of the 4.10 enough to make a difference ?
any pros and cons listed for both the 3.73 & 4.10 will be appreciated
Thanks
George
Based upon your off-road description and the fact that you will be towing a trailer regularly, go with the 4.10.

zoz
__________________
Delivered: 2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon (Anvil) 10th Anniversary
10Rubicon is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-23-2013, 06:04 PM   #12187
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by gig3m View Post
You're next stop is D1, which is the first time that you could possibly get a date for production from your dealer or IAMJEEP. Before that point, there's not much else to know.

Once you move to E - Frame, things will go quickly.

Do yourself a favor and either grab the VOTS response URL (it's in this thread many times) or use jeepstatus.com to see the actual codes Chrysler has for your Jeep.
What are all the steps after D?
That's where I'm at for the past 3 weeks
__________________
'13 10th Anniversary JKUR Anvil on Red - delivered 5/9/13 Now Gone
/l ,[____],
[1---L-OllllllO-

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
fastNugly is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-23-2013, 06:13 PM   #12188
Jeeper
 
rgarrison3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Metro Detroit
Posts: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastNugly View Post
What are all the steps after D?
That's where I'm at for the past 3 weeks
I am in the same boat , except I've been in D for almost 4.
__________________
2002 Dodge Dakota Sport Quad Cab
2009 Challenger SRT8 Hemi Orange 6Spd
2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited 10th Annv Anvil/Red
rgarrison3 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-23-2013, 06:19 PM   #12189
Jeeper
 
shhr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 15
mine just came in this afternoon they also got 2 anvil 2 door autos with red seats in they look good but I really like my billet silver calling for rain tomorrow so I may wait till Thursday to pick up, cant wait now need Fed Ex to deliver my parts
shhr is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-23-2013, 06:26 PM   #12190
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 341
Have movement towards fixing the issues with my 10A. More to follow in the next days. Will
Post outcome once fully known, thanks to the 10A support group so I could take deep controlled breaths through the process. I Think your advice and experiences are better informing the repair process..

Please PM me the spreadsheet of known 10A issues/ inspection checklist.

Thanks!
Hammer One is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-23-2013, 07:02 PM   #12191
Jeeper
 
dav5942's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 124
I don't get it! If you drive 15,000 miles a year, the difference between 15 mpg and 20 mpg is $1000. You are buying a $40k car not a a $10k car!

Mpg should not even be a factor.
dav5942 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-23-2013, 07:10 PM   #12192
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 21
Something seems a miss. Two 10a's were ordered under my name, instead of one. The one with a tad different options is already on the lot and of course with a high " market adjustment" over MSRP. And yes my name was on the Window Sticker.
80space is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-23-2013, 07:29 PM   #12193
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: washington twp nj
Posts: 218
my 10a got new shoes

put my rugged ridge wheels 17" x 9" and bf goodrich km2 305 x 70 x17 or (34" x12.50"x17". they look great . No lift needed
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1285.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	222.4 KB
ID:	240182   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1284.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	225.2 KB
ID:	240183  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1283.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	226.1 KB
ID:	240185   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1287.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	221.5 KB
ID:	240186  

2013 rubiconman is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-23-2013, 07:29 PM   #12194
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
UhOhBadDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Scaggsville, MD
Posts: 1,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer One View Post
Have movement towards fixing the issues with my 10A. More to follow in the next days. Will
Post outcome once fully known, thanks to the 10A support group so I could take deep controlled breaths through the process. I Think your advice and experiences are better informing the repair process..

Please PM me the spreadsheet of known 10A issues/ inspection checklist.

Thanks!
Done. Keep us posted Hammer!
__________________
The fun has only just begun!
2013 10th Anniversary JKUR, Anvil w/Red seats
oIIIIIIo
UhOhBadDog is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-23-2013, 08:10 PM   #12195
Jeeper
 
Rwilsontx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 282
Ground to top of roof = 76 & 3/8th's of an inch with the Mopar (Teraflex) 3" Lift with 35" KM2's!
__________________
2013 JKU 10A, Billet
Rwilsontx is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-23-2013, 08:11 PM   #12196
Jeeper
 
Rwilsontx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwilsontx View Post
ground to top of roof = 76 & 3/8 inches with the mopar (teraflex) 3" lift with 35" km2's!


Attachment 240215
__________________
2013 JKU 10A, Billet
Rwilsontx is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-23-2013, 08:19 PM   #12197
Newb
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 14
For anyone that ordered 2-Door with the Side Airbags; are the Airbags built into the seats? I asked the saleswoman and she called today and said that the airbags are built into the side of the vehicle and not the seat. I want to verify before I order seat covers.

I only want the seat covers for the few times that the top is not on and the doors are off(I will have black leather, if this beast ever gets here) I live in Arizona.

Most of the aftermarket say they do not work with side airbags. My '05 Rubi that I traded in didn't have luxuries such as side airbags.

Steve
BiggRubi is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-23-2013, 08:33 PM   #12198
Jeeper
 
10Rubicon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Illinois
Posts: 96
Now That's A Surprise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80space View Post
Something seems a miss. Two 10a's were ordered under my name, instead of one. The one with a tad different options is already on the lot and of course with a high " market adjustment" over MSRP. And yes my name was on the Window Sticker.
Name on the window sticker? I went to check mine. My sticker had "This vehicle was made especially for (my name)." I had no idea! That is really cool!

zoz
__________________
Delivered: 2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon (Anvil) 10th Anniversary
10Rubicon is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-23-2013, 08:39 PM   #12199
Jeeper
 
tooshort's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: west texas
Posts: 170
i assume the it would be too late to sign up for tread lightly if my jeep will be here next week??
tooshort is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-23-2013, 08:41 PM   #12200
Jeeper
 
duker51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggRubi View Post
For anyone that ordered 2-Door with the Side Airbags; are the Airbags built into the seats? I asked the saleswoman and she called today and said that the airbags are built into the side of the vehicle and not the seat. I want to verify before I order seat covers.

I only want the seat covers for the few times that the top is not on and the doors are off(I will have black leather, if this beast ever gets here) I live in Arizona.

Most of the aftermarket say they do not work with side airbags. My '05 Rubi that I traded in didn't have luxuries such as side airbags.

Steve
There are most definitely in the seats. I ordered them and the side of the seats has the airbag tag on them. They are not in the door pillar. Some seat covers will work with side seat air bags, but not all. Got to check with the manufacture. I had IGGE covers, and they had a Velcro slit for the airbags in them.
duker51 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-23-2013, 08:59 PM   #12201
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
UhOhBadDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Scaggsville, MD
Posts: 1,178
VOTS Status Codes

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastNugly View Post
What are all the steps after D?
That's where I'm at for the past 3 weeks
Here ya go!


ORDER STATUS CODES

BB - review by fleet department
BD - special equipment processing
BE - edit error
BG - passed edit n/a for schedule
BGL - edit ok parts unavailable
BX - passed edit available for schedule
C - sub firm
D - firm schedule - dealer has allocation and all parts available
D - 1 gateline schedule - scheduled to be built
E - frame
F - paint
G - trim
I - built not ok'd
J - built ok'd
JB - shipped to body vendor
JE - emission check
JS - shipped to storage
KZ - released by plant , invoiced
KZL - released - not shipped
KZM - first rail departure
KZN - first rail arrival
KZO - delayed/recieved
KZOA - plant holds
KZOB - zone/distribution holds
KZOC - carrier delays
KZOD - carrier holds
KZOE - mis-shipped vehicle
KZOF - show/test vehicle
KZOG - damaged vehicle
KZOH - all other reasons
KZT - second rail departure
KZU - second rail arrival
KZX - delivered to dealer
ZA - canceled
__________________
The fun has only just begun!
2013 10th Anniversary JKUR, Anvil w/Red seats
oIIIIIIo
UhOhBadDog is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-23-2013, 09:23 PM   #12202
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: TX & NH
Posts: 115
Yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooshort View Post
i assume the it would be too late to sign up for tread lightly if my jeep will be here next week??
Yes.....sorry but you have to be a member at least 30 days prior to purchase.
__________________
2013 Jeep Wrangler 10A (2ABM) Finally Here!
Critter is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-23-2013, 09:24 PM   #12203
Newb
 
CSMski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Fayetteville, NC
Posts: 6
My New 10A

http://www.wranglerforum.com/attachm...1&d=1366769993

ALthough I waited a long time, she is well worth the wait!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1895.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	228.5 KB
ID:	240259   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1897.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	232.7 KB
ID:	240261  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1912.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	235.3 KB
ID:	240263  
CSMski is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-23-2013, 09:26 PM   #12204
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: TX & NH
Posts: 115
Congrats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwilsontx View Post
It is lookin good! I know you are glad the whole thing is over! Time to enjoy now!
__________________
2013 Jeep Wrangler 10A (2ABM) Finally Here!
Critter is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-23-2013, 09:26 PM   #12205
The Jeep Life.

WF Supporting Member
 
Cdwright's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooshort View Post
i assume the it would be too late to sign up for tread lightly if my jeep will be here next week??
It is supposed to be at least 30 days. Not sure.
Cdwright is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-23-2013, 09:27 PM   #12206
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Montgomery, Alabama
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013 rubiconman View Post
put my rugged ridge wheels 17" x 9" and bf goodrich km2 305 x 70 x17 or (34" x12.50"x17". they look great . No lift needed
Bad ass!
Extremneon is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-23-2013, 09:27 PM   #12207
Jeeper
 
Bsflyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: KC
Posts: 134
How do you all think these would look on an Anvil Rubi? I like the subtle amount of red.

Name:  TuffT01.JPG
Views: 1144
Size:  25.1 KB
__________________
JKU 10A-Rubicon|Anvil|Red|Color Matched Top and Fenders|4.10|430N|Delivered 4/23
Bsflyboy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-23-2013, 09:27 PM   #12208
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
dfwislander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 441
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSMski View Post
http://www.wranglerforum.com/attachm...1&d=1366769993

ALthough I waited a long time, she is well worth the wait!
Finally a soft top! That's been my only disappointment watching this thread was seeing all the hard tops! Looks awesome!
dfwislander is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-23-2013, 09:29 PM   #12209
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
m998dna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swadehead View Post
Locked in 1.79% for 60 months thru my dealer. Still waiting to hear back from Chase who may beat it. Woot!
Try US Bank ... I got 1.64% for 60 months.
__________________
2013 Wrangler JKUR10A 3.6L DOHC - MDH 032515
:: 2002 Chevrolet G3500 LWB 8.1L - motovan
:: 1991 Cherokee Laredo 4.0L HO - resto in-process
:: 2010 Cherokee SRT8 6.1L Hemi - sold
:: 2009 Cherokee SRT8 6.1L Hemi - sold
:: 1965 Plymouth Sedan 562ci Hemi - sold
m998dna is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-23-2013, 09:34 PM   #12210
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwilsontx View Post
Oh my God! What a difference!
Looking really good!

__________________
2013 JKU Rubicon 10th Ann. 35" MT M/T on 17" MT Classic III; 3.5" AEV RS lift; AEV rear tire carrier w/ Hi-Lift mount; Warn Zeon 10S winch with Maximus mount, Bestop Twill Supertop; AFE Y-pipe; RockHard oil pan skid; AEV rear diff skid; Cobra CB; Smart Doors.
TannicBeast is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



logo carid shop wrangler parts carid fender flares custom wheels store avs deflectors at carid
» Rates
Get low rates on auto insurance in Canada!

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:29 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC