2013 10th Anniversary Rubicon Thread - Page 409 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 04-24-2013, 06:42 AM   #12241
Jeeper
 
active_Eng29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 217
Filled the fuel tank

Just had my first fuel fillup since receiving my 10a. I have the unlimited and filled it up when the fuel light came on. The tank capacity is 22.5 gallons, but I only put in 17.2 gallons to fill the tank. Does the 10a keep fuel in reserve? Has anyone ran their tank empty to see how far they can go after the fuel gauge bottoms out?

__________________
2013 JKUR 10a, Anvil, Red Seats
active_Eng29 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-24-2013, 07:08 AM   #12242
Newb
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 6
Started down the line today

I went to frame today, as they said would happen just hard to believe it was true.
The bad news is I fly out to Australia Thursday on buisness so I will miss the window to pick it up till I get back in 10 days.

O well, i am sure it will be waiting for me when I get back.


Limbman is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-24-2013, 07:14 AM   #12243
Jeeper
 
asianhulk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Alaska
Posts: 720
Quote:
Originally Posted by m998dna View Post
FAQ...

Dropping tire pressure from 47 to 39 lbs. will result in a .2 reduction in fuel mileage.

.
fyi or faq?
__________________
2013 JKU 10A Anvil/Black
Ordered 02/25/13, Delivered 05/14/13
asianhulk is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-24-2013, 07:15 AM   #12244
Jeeper
 
Cdwright's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by active_Eng29 View Post
Just had my first fuel fillup since receiving my 10a. I have the unlimited and filled it up when the fuel light came on. The tank capacity is 22.5 gallons, but I only put in 17.2 gallons to fill the tank. Does the 10a keep fuel in reserve? Has anyone ran their tank empty to see how far they can go after the fuel gauge bottoms out?
I think most have not had them long enough to run out of gas. :P

Running them dry, is that hard on the fuel pump? Everything that settles in the tank, you are sucking into the engine. I know people who have burnt out pumps doing that in their car. Granted it was a few times.

I think every car has a reserve after the light comes on. It would be awful if when it came on you had half a gal of gas. Better be a station pretty close. My accord has a similar tank size to the 2dr. I would fill it up when the light came on and I was able to put 16ish gals in. A few times I went 30 miles or so past the light and I got 17 once. Not something I would push or you might end up pushing your jeep.
Cdwright is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-24-2013, 07:43 AM   #12245
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 128
I remember reading somewhere, there is a standard distance that is calculated in as to when the light comes on, seems like 50 miles to me.

Totally unrelated, 2nd shift must have put a hurtin on my jeep last night, I went from D1 to Paint! I was using the jeep status link I had saved so I had to double check the URL that it was my name and VIN!
__________________
10A Spreadsheet
MeSteve is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-24-2013, 07:52 AM   #12246
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by active_Eng29 View Post
Just had my first fuel fillup since receiving my 10a. I have the unlimited and filled it up when the fuel light came on. The tank capacity is 22.5 gallons, but I only put in 17.2 gallons to fill the tank. Does the 10a keep fuel in reserve? Has anyone ran their tank empty to see how far they can go after the fuel gauge bottoms out?
Must be a Chrysler thing my 2012 ram 3500 will say 40 miles to empty and never holds more than 24 gal in a 32 gal tank
j4henry is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-24-2013, 07:54 AM   #12247
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 23
Also went to KZ RELEASED BY PLANT, invoiced. Won't be long now
j4henry is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-24-2013, 08:18 AM   #12248
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: spartanburg, SC
Posts: 20
went to KZ also. Cant wait!!!!!!!!!
__________________
ordered my 10A 3/25, 2 dr, billet silver metallic, 6-spd, dual top, tow group, red/black int.

4/09 D, 4/12 D1, 4/23 F, 4/24 KZ, 4/25 KZO, 4/29 KZT, 5/3 KZU, 5/6 KZX
PeTeJonEs is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-24-2013, 08:19 AM   #12249
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: washington twp nj
Posts: 218
here is one somewhat of side veiw . I will try to get more later
Quote:
Originally Posted by Critter View Post
Hey can you post a shot of the Jeep looking at it from the side?

Looks great so far!
2013 rubiconman is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-24-2013, 08:23 AM   #12250
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTHICON View Post
Well, thanks to all you manipulative a$$holes, I got sucked into this maniacal infatuation with this Jeep. Yes, I traded in the loaded 2013 Sahara I picked up 4 months ago, and today ordered myself a 10A. And now, I have 5k negative equity dumped into my new loan. Thanks a lot.

And So.. my long, laborious, tedious, journey through the ugly-wait begins. I have a fully monotone Black Unlimited coming in with that succulent Red Leather interior. *Insert Errrrection here*. I agonized for days and nights about what color to go with. I LOVE them all. I narrowed it down to White or Billet, then I narrowed it down to Anvil or Black , then I narrowed it down to.... you get the point. No? Here's some more;

Billet. It just didn't pop enough, but I think in the brochure, with the action shots, the Billet looks the best.... and it is the best color to have contrast-wise if you don't do Mono.

White. Tempted me because it is by far the most elegant of the bunch, and it is rarely been picked. Being a Torontonian... it looks like Captain Canada's Jeep with the red interior, that's kinda cool and lame at the same time. But I just can't see myself in a white jeep for some reason, especially when I wheel this bee-ach.

Anvil. Here is where it got really hard. There were more than a few times I said, "Anvil, Anvil is what I am getting damn it!". I love how it transforms in different lighting, and I love matte colors for some reason. I also thought maybe an Anvil jeep would hold its value the best, due to it being available only for this jeep. But, I've learned over the years, you don't buy any vehicle for future profit... they are not good investments. Besides, it could actually limit future buyers, realistically its not for everyone. I also still can't decide if it clashes with the red too much, and red is a must... the red interior on these whores is way HAWT!

Black. Everyone loves Black baby, it's the shiznit. Nothing, and I mean NOTHIN..looks better than a polished, Black automobile... especially at night under street lights*sha-wing!*. Black never goes out of style. Black is stealth. Black is mean, it's BADAZZ people. The Black and Red on this truck, it quite literally gives me wood. So in the end, I had to choose the color that gave me a boner... right? hmm

All that said. My new friends, ...... has ANYONE SEEN A PIC(S) OF AN ALL BLACK, (BODY COLORED ROOF AND FENDERS & pref. UNLIMITED), 10A RUBICON?????

SORRY...oops, caps was still on. Sorry about the Giant, semi- obnoxious lettering up above, but I figure half the people won't read this post in all it's perpetual glory, and I didn't want them to miss my pathetic plea for pictures of a jeep I am unusually and uncharacteristically...childish even actually, about obsessing over.

That's all I got, my fingers are exhausted.
You from toronto canada? Ordering is now open?
maxum_101 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-24-2013, 08:24 AM   #12251
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: washington twp nj
Posts: 218
rims are 17" x9" backspacing 4.75" . these rims are just made for the jeep. The are hubcentric. hubcentric meanst that the weight of the jeep rides on the axle not on the lugs like most aftermarket wheel. I stated this because I myself did not know what this meant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastNugly View Post
Looks good. What are the specs of the rims?
17x??
Offset?
2013 rubiconman is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-24-2013, 08:30 AM   #12252
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
m998dna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,666
Quote:
Originally Posted by asianhulk View Post
fyi or faq?
FYI ....



.
__________________
2013 Wrangler JKUR10A 3.6L DOHC - MDH 032515
:: 2002 Chevrolet G3500 LWB 8.1L - motovan
:: 1991 Cherokee Laredo 4.0L HO - resto in-process
:: 2010 Cherokee SRT8 6.1L Hemi - sold
:: 1965 Plymouth Sedan 562ci Hemi - sold
m998dna is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-24-2013, 08:50 AM   #12253
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Dripping Springs, Texas
Posts: 17
Moved from D1 to F (Paint)to KZ (Shipment) in 2 days!! Crazy....
Bigmex is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-24-2013, 09:11 AM   #12254
Jeeper
 
active_Eng29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 217
Parking in the Front Yard

Nice evening shot of my 10a parked in the front yard. So far only replaced the antenna.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0567.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	224.7 KB
ID:	240495  
__________________
2013 JKUR 10a, Anvil, Red Seats
active_Eng29 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-24-2013, 09:12 AM   #12255
Jeeper
 
dcstein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsflyboy View Post
How do you all think these would look on an Anvil Rubi? I like the subtle amount of red.
I like em. I was considering similar ones from the same company. Pls post pics if use do it
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2901925856.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	240496  
dcstein is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-24-2013, 09:14 AM   #12256
Jeeper
 
asianhulk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Alaska
Posts: 720
Quote:
Originally Posted by m998dna View Post
FYI ....



.


Quote:
Originally Posted by active_Eng29 View Post
Nice evening shot of my 10a parked in the front yard.
very nice parking spot!
__________________
2013 JKU 10A Anvil/Black
Ordered 02/25/13, Delivered 05/14/13
asianhulk is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-24-2013, 09:18 AM   #12257
Jeeper
 
Wolf Island Diver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Hampton Roads
Posts: 241
Warren G status.

Woke up in trim this morning. Actually I'm married with a 5 month old, so its been a long time since that meant what it sounded like it meant. Also you know life has changed when what that really meant is just as exciting as what it used to mean.
Its hot dog day at work today. That excites me.
My new Jeep has center latch for the car seat. That excites me.
Oh God! What has happened? Whats happened to me?!?!? Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!

I still have a man card, but the edges are frayed, its faded to grey, and there's a bubble in the lamination that matches my developing beer gut.
__________________
Life is just a series of Jeeps
- 1941 Willy's MB (Sold)
- 1998 TJ - Off road package (Sold)
- 2004 AEV Rubicon- (Just Sold)
- 2013 JKU 10a (Ordered)
Wolf Island Diver is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-24-2013, 09:20 AM   #12258
Newb
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 14
Went from D1 to Frame this morning! Oh happy day; I hope she makes her train this Saturday!
BiggRubi is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-24-2013, 09:32 AM   #12259
Jeeper
 
dcstein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by active_Eng29 View Post
Just had my first fuel fillup since receiving my 10a. I have the unlimited and filled it up when the fuel light came on. The tank capacity is 22.5 gallons, but I only put in 17.2 gallons to fill the tank. Does the 10a keep fuel in reserve? Has anyone ran their tank empty to see how far they can go after the fuel gauge bottoms out?
I believe tank size is 18.6 if I'm not mistaken
dcstein is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-24-2013, 09:36 AM   #12260
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
UhOhBadDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Scaggsville, MD
Posts: 1,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Island Diver View Post
Woke up in trim this morning. Actually I'm married with a 5 month old, so its been a long time since that meant what it sounded like it meant. Also you know life has changed when what that really meant is just as exciting as what it used to mean.
Its hot dog day at work today. That excites me.
My new Jeep has center latch for the car seat. That excites me.
Oh God! What has happened? Whats happened to me?!?!? Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!

I still have a man card, but the edges are frayed, its faded to grey, and there's a bubble in the lamination that matches my developing beer gut.
Enjoy the Trim while it lasts, as it is fleeting! The 10A JKUR will help you reclaim and refresh that Man Card, although your excitement for wiener day may be cause for concern... Seriously though, congratulations on making it this far - it won't be long now!
__________________
The fun has only just begun!
2013 10th Anniversary JKUR, Anvil w/Red seats
oIIIIIIo
UhOhBadDog is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-24-2013, 09:38 AM   #12261
Jeeper
 
Wolf Island Diver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Hampton Roads
Posts: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTHICON View Post
Well, thanks to all you manipulative a$$holes, I got sucked into this maniacal infatuation with this Jeep. Yes, I traded in the loaded 2013 Sahara I picked up 4 months ago, and today ordered myself a 10A. And now, I have 5k negative equity dumped into my new loan. Thanks a lot.

And So.. my long, laborious, tedious, journey through the ugly-wait begins. I have a fully monotone Black Unlimited coming in with that succulent Red Leather interior. *Insert Errrrection here*. I agonized for days and nights about what color to go with. I LOVE them all. I narrowed it down to White or Billet, then I narrowed it down to Anvil or Black , then I narrowed it down to.... you get the point. No? Here's some more;

Billet. It just didn't pop enough, but I think in the brochure, with the action shots, the Billet looks the best.... and it is the best color to have contrast-wise if you don't do Mono.

White. Tempted me because it is by far the most elegant of the bunch, and it is rarely been picked. Being a Torontonian... it looks like Captain Canada's Jeep with the red interior, that's kinda cool and lame at the same time. But I just can't see myself in a white jeep for some reason, especially when I wheel this bee-ach.

Anvil. Here is where it got really hard. There were more than a few times I said, "Anvil, Anvil is what I am getting damn it!". I love how it transforms in different lighting, and I love matte colors for some reason. I also thought maybe an Anvil jeep would hold its value the best, due to it being available only for this jeep. But, I've learned over the years, you don't buy any vehicle for future profit... they are not good investments. Besides, it could actually limit future buyers, realistically its not for everyone. I also still can't decide if it clashes with the red too much, and red is a must... the red interior on these whores is way HAWT!

Black. Everyone loves Black baby, it's the shiznit. Nothing, and I mean NOTHIN..looks better than a polished, Black automobile... especially at night under street lights*sha-wing!*. Black never goes out of style. Black is stealth. Black is mean, it's BADAZZ people. The Black and Red on this truck, it quite literally gives me wood. So in the end, I had to choose the color that gave me a boner... right? hmm

All that said. My new friends, ...... has ANYONE SEEN A PIC(S) OF AN ALL BLACK, (BODY COLORED ROOF AND FENDERS & pref. UNLIMITED), 10A RUBICON?????

SORRY...oops, caps was still on. Sorry about the Giant, semi- obnoxious lettering up above, but I figure half the people won't read this post in all it's perpetual glory, and I didn't want them to miss my pathetic plea for pictures of a jeep I am unusually and uncharacteristically...childish even actually, about obsessing over.

That's all I got, my fingers are exhausted.
__________________
Life is just a series of Jeeps
- 1941 Willy's MB (Sold)
- 1998 TJ - Off road package (Sold)
- 2004 AEV Rubicon- (Just Sold)
- 2013 JKU 10a (Ordered)
Wolf Island Diver is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-24-2013, 09:41 AM   #12262
Jeeper
 
Wolf Island Diver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Hampton Roads
Posts: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by UhOhBadDog View Post
although your excitement for wiener day may be cause for concern!
__________________
Life is just a series of Jeeps
- 1941 Willy's MB (Sold)
- 1998 TJ - Off road package (Sold)
- 2004 AEV Rubicon- (Just Sold)
- 2013 JKU 10a (Ordered)
Wolf Island Diver is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-24-2013, 09:48 AM   #12263
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Dallas, GA.
Posts: 839
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Island Diver View Post
Woke up in trim this morning. Actually I'm married with a 5 month old, so its been a long time since that meant what it sounded like it meant. Also you know life has changed when what that really meant is just as exciting as what it used to mean.
Its hot dog day at work today. That excites me.
My new Jeep has center latch for the car seat. That excites me.
Oh God! What has happened? Whats happened to me?!?!? Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!

I still have a man card, but the edges are frayed, its faded to grey, and there's a bubble in the lamination that matches my developing beer gut.
Wait til you hit 50, the kids are in high school or college and the wife's in menopause. Lots of old expressions take on a new meaning and it's amazing the number of little things that excite you more than the things that used to.

I'm a little concerned about the weiner day thing myself like someone else said.
__________________
'13 JKUR 10th Anniversary
Billet, Red int., auto, 4:10, Towed behind motorhome
'12 Ram 2500 Laramie, Cummins H.O.
'09 Dodge Charger Daytona, 1 of 400
Several Antique and pro-tour cars
parker65 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-24-2013, 09:50 AM   #12264
Jeeper
 
asianhulk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Alaska
Posts: 720
Quote:
Originally Posted by parker65 View Post
Wait til you hit 50, the kids are in high school or college and the wife's in menopause. Lots of old expressions take on a new meaning and it's amazing the number of little things that excite you more than the things that used to.

I'm a little concerned about the weiner day thing myself like someone else said.
__________________
2013 JKU 10A Anvil/Black
Ordered 02/25/13, Delivered 05/14/13
asianhulk is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-24-2013, 09:54 AM   #12265
Jeeper
 
mitchelmb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 79
Don't be talking a out my weiner

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4265309990.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	120.2 KB
ID:	240505
mitchelmb is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-24-2013, 09:54 AM   #12266
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Dallas, GA.
Posts: 839
Quote:
Originally Posted by asianhulk View Post
When the wife hits menopause you may need those Alaskan snow parkas just to sleep in your bed hulk. She's either running the A/C and a fan with it 50 degrees in the house or got the heat on 90 with a fire going. This can change from one to the other every hour. Trim is a word that has left my vocabulary years ago.
__________________
'13 JKUR 10th Anniversary
Billet, Red int., auto, 4:10, Towed behind motorhome
'12 Ram 2500 Laramie, Cummins H.O.
'09 Dodge Charger Daytona, 1 of 400
Several Antique and pro-tour cars
parker65 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-24-2013, 09:55 AM   #12267
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Dallas, GA.
Posts: 839
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchelmb View Post
Don't be talking a out my weiner

Attachment 240505

The grass is always greener under the weiner!
__________________
'13 JKUR 10th Anniversary
Billet, Red int., auto, 4:10, Towed behind motorhome
'12 Ram 2500 Laramie, Cummins H.O.
'09 Dodge Charger Daytona, 1 of 400
Several Antique and pro-tour cars
parker65 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-24-2013, 09:58 AM   #12268
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Montgomery, Alabama
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by m998dna View Post
Try US Bank ... I got 1.64% for 60 months.
What kinda credit scores to get interest rates like this thru the dealer?

Very excited to order my 10A and want to make sure I get what I want with it.

What do I need to go in the dealer armed with? I seen some people state that they had a build sheet with invoice and MSRP prices. Where do I get that at?

Also been told to be prepared for the dealer to try to sell me a inventor jeep or look for one near by for me. To stick to my guns and demand what I want and order one the way I want it.
Extremneon is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-24-2013, 10:17 AM   #12269
Jeeper
 
Swadehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Bergen County, NJ
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extremneon View Post

What kinda credit scores to get interest rates like this thru the dealer?

Very excited to order my 10A and want to make sure I get what I want with it.

What do I need to go in the dealer armed with? I seen some people state that they had a build sheet with invoice and MSRP prices. Where do I get that at?

Also been told to be prepared for the dealer to try to sell me a inventor jeep or look for one near by for me. To stick to my guns and demand what I want and order one the way I want it.
I got 1.79 with scores in the 780s.
Swadehead is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-24-2013, 10:20 AM   #12270
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Montgomery, Alabama
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swadehead View Post
I got 1.79 with scores in the 780s.
Very nice!

That is a great credit score!

Wish my to be that high... Damn..

My is just over 700.. Is why I ask?

Hope to raise it a bit before I buy by paying off a few things to try to get a bump...follow it close threw Myfico.com

Just want to get the best deal I can on the 10A. I also plan on putting down 6-8k down payment.

Extremneon is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:34 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC