2013 10th Anniversary Rubicon Thread - Page 436 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 05-02-2013, 02:10 PM   #13051
Jeeper
 
whatmud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 79
Homeless Anvil with red seat, 2 door 10A just delivered to Jim Cogdill Dodge, Knoxville, TN. If you know someone looking for one, have them call. It is not on inventory online yet. Sorry, just drove by and didn't look close, hope the photo comes through...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2dr10A.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	223.8 KB
ID:	244271  

__________________
2013 JKUR 10A Anvil, Black Seat
2012 JKU Sahara Cosmos Blue
2003 TJ Rubicon Bright Silver
whatmud is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-02-2013, 02:47 PM   #13052
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 128
I got tired of waiting for my Jeep to come in, so I went down to Walmart and sat in a Brute for a few minutes...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	183.2 KB
ID:	244283  

__________________
10A Spreadsheet
MeSteve is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-02-2013, 02:52 PM   #13053
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeSteve View Post
I got tired of waiting for my Jeep to come in, so I went down to Walmart and sat in a Brute for a few minutes...
Hahaha. Good one
__________________
'13 10th Anniversary JKUR Anvil on Red - delivered 5/9/13 Now Gone
/l ,[____],
[1---L-OllllllO-

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
fastNugly is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-02-2013, 02:55 PM   #13054
Newb
 
falconian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 9
Same here....ordered on 4/15 and still in D1!
falconian is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-02-2013, 02:58 PM   #13055
Jeeper
 
dcstein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by falconian View Post
Same here....ordered on 4/15 and still in D1!
Let me know when you're past 3 months of waiting
dcstein is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-02-2013, 02:58 PM   #13056
Jeeper
 
mxgy54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 113
Got mine in 3 weeks flat!
mxgy54 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-02-2013, 02:59 PM   #13057
Jeeper
 
mxgy54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 113
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130502_135902.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	136.7 KB
ID:	244285
mxgy54 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-02-2013, 03:02 PM   #13058
Jeeper
 
rgarrison3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Metro Detroit
Posts: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcstein View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by falconian View Post
Same here....ordered on 4/15 and still in D1!
Let me know when you're past 3 months of waiting
Thank you lol, people think a few weeks is killer, most of us are going on months.
__________________
2002 Dodge Dakota Sport Quad Cab
2009 Challenger SRT8 Hemi Orange 6Spd
2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited 10th Annv Anvil/Red
rgarrison3 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-02-2013, 03:04 PM   #13059
Jeeper
 
Blue Heron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgarrison3 View Post
Feb 4th here and still D1. Funny how it will be two weeks and people think they should be getting theres already.

that is because people ARE getting theirs already....
Blue Heron is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-02-2013, 03:07 PM   #13060
Jeeper
 
Blue Heron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 335
hey rgarrison, dont be passive aggressive. you got a bitch say it to me directly. you ordered a JKUR. I ordered a JK there is a difference in delivery times it would seem. I made the comment because people that ordered in April are receiving theirs already.

Guess I shouldnt say anything huh buddy? Dont have as much time in the line as you?
Blue Heron is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-02-2013, 03:34 PM   #13061
Jeeper
 
rgarrison3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Metro Detroit
Posts: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Heron View Post
hey rgarrison, dont be passive aggressive. you got a bitch say it to me directly. you ordered a JKUR. I ordered a JK there is a difference in delivery times it would seem. I made the comment because people that ordered in April are receiving theirs already.

Guess I shouldnt say anything huh buddy? Dont have as much time in the line as you?
You do realize you are in the "2013 10th Anniversary Rubicon Thread" not the "2013 JK order waiting room" thread? And in that regards how the hell would I know you ordered a JK and not a 10th when you happened to post in the "2013 10th Anniversary Rubicon Thread", are you really that dense? You need to take a chill pill and calm down bro!

__________________
2002 Dodge Dakota Sport Quad Cab
2009 Challenger SRT8 Hemi Orange 6Spd
2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited 10th Annv Anvil/Red
rgarrison3 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-02-2013, 03:38 PM   #13062
Jeeper
 
Blue Heron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 335
Pretty sure I know where I am posting... talking to people in the third person is poor form amigo...

2013 JKR TENTH Anniversary Rubicon Anvil / Black
Blue Heron is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-02-2013, 03:55 PM   #13063
Newb
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 3
10th Anniversary Rubicon Winch Bumper

I received my 10A on 4/29, ordered Jan 14th. I went to have a winch installed and found out the winch ready bumper needs an adaptor plate that is not currently available. Reportedly wont be realeased for a couple more months. I also got black seats and the sticker said it was supposed to have red stitching on the interior but I dont see any. Also it is supposed to have 1/2 inch lift and it doesnt look any taller than the standard wrangler that it was parked next at the dealer. Did get great deal. sticker was for 44+K , I receoved 500 dollars over dealer cost, less the vw 1000. incentive and 500 dollar rebate, was out the door at 39,000 with taxes. The connect 750 radio is awesome with color weather radar downloads overlaid on the GPS maps.

TP
toddperry64 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-02-2013, 03:56 PM   #13064
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: washington twp nj
Posts: 218
thanks, i didn't know this. I paid them $40 to ship one way. the part did not work so I told a 45 mile ride one way and returned it. thanks again,
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmikee View Post
You all know that Forum members get free shipping from Quadratec, right? Each forum has a different code. Not sure if this is the one for WranglerForum or not, but I use:

Promo Codes - Quadratec

Just go to quadratec with that link then do your shopping. Overweight charges will still apply, but the shipping will be free...
2013 rubiconman is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-02-2013, 04:07 PM   #13065
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: washington twp nj
Posts: 218
winch plate

I want to Thank Parker and others who told me this would not work. I lost $40.00 in shipping . At least i did not take my jeep apart to find it would not work. When it arrived today I open box and saw that opening for fairline was centered. I again called jeep and had a 3 way call with my local dealer. They said this is the part they are using. I told them they were idiots after someone said you have to get a different bumper. I told them the 10a is a winch capable bumper. I was put on hold, for 10 minutes, some jeep enginer or so he said he was,then stated they been aware of the problem. They are working on a solution . Part should be avaliable in 8 to 10 weeks. I then stated I lost $40.00 in shipping by taking there advise. They then said If I ordered a mopar part my money for shipping would have been returned. They are not going to refund me for a AEV aftermarket part.You live and Learn. I ordered a winch that might be here tomorrow on my birthday , and no way to mount for another 2 months. Well I am playing the waiting game again with Chrysler.
Quote:
Originally Posted by parker65 View Post
The fairlead plate in the AEV/Mopar kit will in no way line up and work with the 10A bumper and it's shape or cut outs. Without the fairlead plate the winch plate is worthless, as the two together form a structure. Without both in place the plate will lack sufficient strength.

You could fab the bumper part of the structure and use just the winch plate, but the price tag is pretty high if you have to fab over 50% on your own.

The fairlead hole in the AEV kit is centered, whereas the cut out in the 10A bumper is not. Also the fairlead cut out in the kit is at the wrong hieght compared with the bumper. The fairlead plate also doesn't conform to the 10A bumper as it's designed to do with the AEV bumpers.

It's just a no go all around. If something doesn't appear from Mopar by the time I'm done with the trusses and lift, I'll try fabbing one myself. I may try anyway, due to the fairlead cut out being off-center in the 10A bumper.

I haven't actually set the winch into position yet to see if it will clear the frame and center the drum. This might be the cause of the hole not being centered, but it's centered on the AEV units so I'm hoping I can do the same with this bumper. This may also be why the fairlead cut out on the AEV is lower than the 10A, so that the winch motor can tuck inside the C-channel of the frame. If it has to center between the flanges of the frame rails it may throw it to the left side of the vehicle. Rough/quick tape pull says the fairlead cut out on the 0A bumper is approximately 1.75 inches closer to the left side than the right.
2013 rubiconman is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-02-2013, 04:17 PM   #13066
Jeeper
 
Bits292's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 74
Just found out my 10A is between pine bluff Arkansas and San Antonio. Scheduled in San Antonio Saturday and delivery to my dealer 20 miles away on Tuesday. I sure hope it arrives on Monday. Can't wait. The long wait is almost over almost 70 days
__________________
2013 JKR 10A Anvil/Black/2DR/Manual/Soft top
Bits292 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-02-2013, 04:37 PM   #13067
Jeeper
 
Mwarfiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: San Diego
Posts: 27
Hawse fairlead vs Roller fairlead with synthetic line

I have been using roller fairlead with my warn winch with synthetic line for years. Many recovery experts also use rollers with synthetic line. Most people who have opinions that you must use a Hawse fairlead with synthetic line have never seen a roller fairlead actually used. As long as the roller fairlead is brand new and has no scars from wire rope it will work just fine. Oh, an added benefit…the roller fairlead fits the 10A bumper perfectly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by parker65 View Post
The fairlead plate in the AEV/Mopar kit will in no way line up and work with the 10A bumper and it's shape or cut outs. Without the fairlead plate the winch plate is worthless, as the two together form a structure. Without both in place the plate will lack sufficient strength.

You could fab the bumper part of the structure and use just the winch plate, but the price tag is pretty high if you have to fab over 50% on your own.

The fairlead hole in the AEV kit is centered, whereas the cut out in the 10A bumper is not. Also the fairlead cut out in the kit is at the wrong hieght compared with the bumper. The fairlead plate also doesn't conform to the 10A bumper as it's designed to do with the AEV bumpers.

It's just a no go all around. If something doesn't appear from Mopar by the time I'm done with the trusses and lift, I'll try fabbing one myself. I may try anyway, due to the fairlead cut out being off-center in the 10A bumper.

I haven't actually set the winch into position yet to see if it will clear the frame and center the drum. This might be the cause of the hole not being centered, but it's centered on the AEV units so I'm hoping I can do the same with this bumper. This may also be why the fairlead cut out on the AEV is lower than the 10A, so that the winch motor can tuck inside the C-channel of the frame. If it has to center between the flanges of the frame rails it may throw it to the left side of the vehicle. Rough/quick tape pull says the fairlead cut out on the 0A bumper is approximately 1.75 inches closer to the left side than the right.
Mwarfiel is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-02-2013, 04:38 PM   #13068
Jeeper
 
asianhulk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Alaska
Posts: 720
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgarrison3 View Post
You do realize you are in the "2013 10th Anniversary Rubicon Thread" not the "2013 JK order waiting room" thread? And in that regards how the hell would I know you ordered a JK and not a 10th when you happened to post in the "2013 10th Anniversary Rubicon Thread", are you really that dense? You need to take a chill pill and calm down bro!

I'm guilty of this as well but I agree with this partially, as delays in production limited to the 10A could be a dressed here but for "still in ____statues" and "what does D1 mean" should go to the 2013 JK order thread. Repeating that I am at fault for this as well but actually thinking about it, this thread has stayed open thankfully because the mysteries of the 10A process is a crazy one. Questions for the 10A like the Winch plate is a great question.

Let's not have this great thread closed for arguing. If you have beef, either try to keep your hands shut or PM each other. Thank you, that is all
__________________
2013 JKU 10A Anvil/Black
Ordered 02/25/13, Delivered 05/14/13
asianhulk is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-02-2013, 04:42 PM   #13069
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 103
Just got off the phone with my dealer. Ordered my vehicle April 12th and it is being shipped as we speak and I was told to expect it to arrive at his dealership no later than May 14th. One month turn around that is incredible!! I am getting so excited as I am jealous of those of you all ready getting to enjoy your 10As.
bt_osu is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-02-2013, 04:51 PM   #13070
Jeeper
 
rgarrison3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Metro Detroit
Posts: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by bt_osu View Post
Just got off the phone with my dealer. Ordered my vehicle April 12th and it is being shipped as we speak and I was told to expect it to arrive at his dealership no later than May 14th. One month turn around that is incredible!! I am getting so excited as I am jealous of those of you all ready getting to enjoy your 10As.
LUCKY! lol

Oh well take pics and post them so we can all drool over it!

__________________
2002 Dodge Dakota Sport Quad Cab
2009 Challenger SRT8 Hemi Orange 6Spd
2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited 10th Annv Anvil/Red
rgarrison3 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-02-2013, 05:25 PM   #13071
Newb
 
falconian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 9
This ordering and delivery process really is crazy. I assumed (which is dumb) that orders would be processed in a first in, first out manner.
falconian is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-02-2013, 05:57 PM   #13072
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 103
Falconian, I agree. I figured it might be 60-90 days to get my 10A, especially with so many orders all ready in. However, it appears to be based also upon your dealerships allocation and clout, and what commodities are available. Certain colors/options seem to be holding up certain orders. I am a Ford dealer and we are damned lucky to get our retail orders in 90 days so the one month turn around on the Jeep I ordered amazes me.
bt_osu is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-02-2013, 06:17 PM   #13073
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
UhOhBadDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Scaggsville, MD
Posts: 1,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartlanz View Post

Yes, all JK's come with Halogen lights... I'm pretty sure that all vehicles sold today come with Halogen lights...
Oh they may be halogen, but they are anemic and meager at best.
__________________
The fun has only just begun!
2013 10th Anniversary JKUR, Anvil w/Red seats
oIIIIIIo
UhOhBadDog is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-02-2013, 06:22 PM   #13074
Newb
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 6
Has anyone tried to install a bike rack on a 10A with max tow hitch? I'm still waiting for my 10A but wanted to have the bike rack ready to go. Not sure of the clearance needed (how many inches from center of hitch pin hole to furthest point of spare tire.) Any help appreciated.
VegasMun is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-02-2013, 06:48 PM   #13075
Newb
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 4
Are they still taking orders for the 10A? Does anyone know?
Gradster02 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-02-2013, 06:50 PM   #13076
Jeeper
 
1quick1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 1,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasMun View Post
Has anyone tried to install a bike rack on a 10A with max tow hitch? I'm still waiting for my 10A but wanted to have the bike rack ready to go. Not sure of the clearance needed (how many inches from center of hitch pin hole to furthest point of spare tire.) Any help appreciated.
Should be exactly the same as a regular Rubi.
__________________
2014 Willys
1quick1 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-02-2013, 07:17 PM   #13077
Jeeper
 
AegisCPO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: VA
Posts: 181
Decided to call IAMJEEP, after a short period on hold, could not get any dates for the build, but the rep said my 10A is scheduled to leave the factory May 8th. Not gonna hold my breath but keeping fingers crossed.
__________________
2013 JKUR 10A Billet/Black/4.10/430N/Max Tow
BA 04/19; KZX 05/11

AegisCPO is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-02-2013, 07:25 PM   #13078
Jeeper
 
Blue Heron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by AegisCPO View Post
Decided to call IAMJEEP, after a short period on hold, could not get any dates for the build, but the rep said my 10A is scheduled to leave the factory May 8th. Not gonna hold my breath but keeping fingers crossed.
Awesome Shipmate!
Blue Heron is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-02-2013, 07:25 PM   #13079
Jeeper
 
Blue Heron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 335
Congrats bt
Blue Heron is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-02-2013, 08:00 PM   #13080
Newb
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1quick1 View Post
Should be exactly the same as a regular Rubi.
I don't have a Rubi (yet) so that doesn't help unfortunately and was thinking the spare on the 10A was not the same width as regular Rubi?

VegasMun is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:51 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC