2013 10th Anniversary Rubicon Thread - Page 496 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 06-24-2013, 09:50 PM   #14851
Newb
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 2
Curious about something...I've read numerous posts about guys taking their new Rubi's and getting lifts installed over 3 inches in height. The dealer I got mine from told me anything over a 3" lift would void the warranty. Also, if the lift wasnt installed by the dealer it would void it. My question is it a matter of just not caring about a 5 year/100k power train warranty or am I missing something? Just want the facts, I would lift it if I had no chance at voiding the warranty BUT that's just not a mistake I want to make on a $46,xxx Jeep. Thoughts? Facts? Lets hear them please!

EpikRubicon is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-24-2013, 09:59 PM   #14852
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Newark DE
Posts: 1,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpikRubicon View Post
Curious about something...I've read numerous posts about guys taking their new Rubi's and getting lifts installed over 3 inches in height. The dealer I got mine from told me anything over a 3" lift would void the warranty. Also, if the lift wasnt installed by the dealer it would void it. My question is it a matter of just not caring about a 5 year/100k power train warranty or am I missing something? Just want the facts, I would lift it if I had no chance at voiding the warranty BUT that's just not a mistake I want to make on a $46,xxx Jeep. Thoughts? Facts? Lets hear them please!
Magnusson Mos Act protects you from "warranty voiding" due to modifications so long as the modification cannot be proven to be the direct cause of the failure. Your dealer doesn't know what they are talking about... A cheap 100$ spacer lift can void warranty repair if the 1" lift and spacers were directly the cause of failure that you are seeking warranty repair of.

You could get a 6" lift and if your windshield washer motor blew you'd be covered.... now if you had a 6" lift with 37's and you blew out your transfer case you'd likely be "paying to play" because the dealer could make a good case your lift and wheel choice was a direct cause of failure due to the increased load.

Anything you do to your Jeep wether dealer installed or not can make getting warranty repair through Chrysler impossible. A dealer installed Mopar 3" lift is no different in it's ability to jack up your warranty coverage as a 2.5" Teraflex kit you install in your garage (unless the dealer has a written solid warranty that they cover themselves outside of chrysler)

Doctorsti is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-24-2013, 11:47 PM   #14853
Jeeper
 
JKUR10A's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 77
Wow picked up my Anvil/Red 6 Speed tonight, and I can't believe the difference between this jeep and my 08 JK. Damn I love driving this jeep. I really noticed the performance difference and drive on the hi way in 6th. I could actually go up a hill with having to gear down. I am sure the 4.10's play a part in that, but still very impressed on my first drive.
JKUR10A is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-24-2013, 11:50 PM   #14854
Jeeper
 
Cdwright's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,196
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKUR10A View Post
Wow picked up my Anvil/Red 6 Speed tonight, and I can't believe the difference between this jeep and my 08 JK. Damn I love driving this jeep. I really noticed the performance difference and drive on the hi way in 6th. I could actually go up a hill with having to gear down. I am sure the 4.10's play a part in that, but still very impressed on my first drive.
Congrats.
Cdwright is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-25-2013, 03:45 AM   #14855
Jeeper
 
NYEDC108's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 119
Any one add a back up camera?

Does the current radio set up allow for this?
430 730?

Thanks Ed
NYEDC108 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-25-2013, 10:00 AM   #14856
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYEDC108 View Post
Any one add a back up camera?

Does the current radio set up allow for this?
430 730?

Thanks Ed
Yes you can add a backup camera. Lockpick and NavTV each offer products to connect the camera to Jeep's MYGIG. You get the added benefit of using DVD, backup camera, and navigation while driving.
jdwallsy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-25-2013, 10:02 AM   #14857
Jeeper
 
Shawnee Jeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYEDC108 View Post
Any one add a back up camera?

Does the current radio set up allow for this?
430 730?

Thanks Ed

I have (actually will have it in a week) a 10A JKUR with a 730 and am looking at putting in either a NAV TV or Lock pick for both the back up camera and the ability to put in data on the NAV while driving (i.e. the passenger). My dealer told me he could not install the Jeep Commander back up camera.
Shawnee Jeep is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-25-2013, 10:57 AM   #14858
Jeeper
 
photostu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Apex, NC
Posts: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee Jeep View Post
My dealer told me he could not install the Jeep Commander back up camera.
Isn't this a load of crap?? I though that is what most were installing as its plug-n-play right into the 730N, just requires a reflash to the unit to support it.

Thoughts?
photostu is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-25-2013, 11:23 AM   #14859
Jeeper
 
Shawnee Jeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by photostu View Post
Isn't this a load of crap?? I though that is what most were installing as its plug-n-play right into the 730N, just requires a reflash to the unit to support it.

Thoughts?
Maybe I should check with another dealer. I assumed I was getting accurate information.
Shawnee Jeep is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-25-2013, 12:38 PM   #14860
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by photostu View Post

Isn't this a load of crap?? I though that is what most were installing as its plug-n-play right into the 730N, just requires a reflash to the unit to support it.

Thoughts?
I've heard that too, but haven't verified - the commander cam would be the least expensive option but I wanted the features of NavTV anyway...
jdwallsy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-25-2013, 09:29 PM   #14861
Newb
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: White Plains, NY
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpikRubicon View Post
Curious about something...I've read numerous posts about guys taking their new Rubi's and getting lifts installed over 3 inches in height. The dealer I got mine from told me anything over a 3" lift would void the warranty. Also, if the lift wasnt installed by the dealer it would void it. My question is it a matter of just not caring about a 5 year/100k power train warranty or am I missing something? Just want the facts, I would lift it if I had no chance at voiding the warranty BUT that's just not a mistake I want to make on a $46,xxx Jeep. Thoughts? Facts? Lets hear them please!
I had my lifted with the mopar 2" performance lift and put the 35 km2's all through the dealer. Honestly the thing drives great, don't plan on taking it "off road", just on the beach. I figure the guy at the dealership who has 2 of them and works on them every day can't screw it up, can he??

I don't know the difference between the mopar and the teraflex lift, but the kid at the dealer who installed the lift swore by the mopar, it's 100% warranteed parts and labor and future issues if any and he adjusted the computer, etc

I can tell u that the difference in height, look and ride with the 2" lift and 35's is night and day. I'll post pics tomorrow. Everyone's head turns.

Good luck with yours!
__________________
2013, JKU10a, Anvil, Red, 6 SPD
macmagic is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-25-2013, 11:27 PM   #14862
Jeeper
 
Chiringuito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 147
Has anyone heard anything on the Mopar winch plate or winch yet?

I've been looking at the Maximus setup - but I've been waiting to get any specifics on the Mopar solution - timing, price, configuration - anything?
Chiringuito is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-26-2013, 01:32 AM   #14863
Jeeper
 
10Rubicon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Illinois
Posts: 97
Winch and Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiringuito View Post
Has anyone heard anything on the Mopar winch plate or winch yet?

I've been looking at the Maximus setup - but I've been waiting to get any specifics on the Mopar solution - timing, price, configuration - anything?
Prices were released last week. Winch (MSRP) $2250, (FFP) $1885. Mounting kit with plate (MSRP) $495, (FFP) $400. Availability unknown.

zoz
__________________
Delivered: 2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon (Anvil) 10th Anniversary
10Rubicon is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-26-2013, 03:25 AM   #14864
Jeeper
 
NYEDC108's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 119
Ok went to stealership today!! Definitely pulling trigger Friday fully loaded no engine heater 430 radio looking to walk out 46,000 out door is this possible! All black inside and out 10a!

Mods

2.5 lift mopar at dealer, how much should whole thing cost? Or aev lift? With install?

I want to put on a magna flow dual exhaust will they conflict with lift?


New tires and rims

I need ideas size and type of tires?

i like
XD & NITTO ONE FULL SET of 18" X 9" MATTE BLACK XD778 "MONSTER" RIMS WITH 285/65R18
5 th tire on rear door with brake light adjuster?
And converter for tire rack!

What do you guys think? On this set up?

Unlocker module with front back camera

Any body have pics of similar set up?

O and I want to remove the rails and install more of a step up! F d up knees
Any thoughts pics?

I will have 5 stock tires and rims and rails if ya know any one interested in buying pm me!

Thanks for the help all!

Ed
NYEDC108 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-26-2013, 04:36 AM   #14865
Jeeper
 
Meatball0311's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Montana
Posts: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYEDC108 View Post
Ok went to stealership today!! Definitely pulling trigger Friday fully loaded no engine heater 430 radio looking to walk out 46,000 out door is this possible! All black inside and out 10a!

Mods

2.5 lift mopar at dealer, how much should whole thing cost? Or aev lift? With install?

I want to put on a magna flow dual exhaust will they conflict with lift?


New tires and rims

I need ideas size and type of tires?

i like
XD & NITTO ONE FULL SET of 18" X 9" MATTE BLACK XD778 "MONSTER" RIMS WITH 285/65R18
5 th tire on rear door with brake light adjuster?
And converter for tire rack!

What do you guys think? On this set up?

Unlocker module with front back camera

Any body have pics of similar set up?

O and I want to remove the rails and install more of a step up! F d up knees
Any thoughts pics?

I will have 5 stock tires and rims and rails if ya know any one interested in buying pm me!

Thanks for the help all!

Ed
Is $46000 without mods?
__________________
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 10th Anniversary Edition
"The original 45K+ Jeep"
Meatball0311 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-26-2013, 08:43 AM   #14866
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 148
Can anyone help me with the location of the thread on removing the end caps? I remember something about having to remove a plastic piece?
Sgtt45 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-26-2013, 08:48 AM   #14867
Jeeper
 
kswerks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgtt45 View Post
Can anyone help me with the location of the thread on removing the end caps? I remember something about having to remove a plastic piece?
Nothing to it, just need the right size Torx Bit. Remove the bolts that hold on the end caps and voila...done.
kswerks is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-26-2013, 09:12 AM   #14868
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 148
Copy that thanks!
Sgtt45 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-26-2013, 10:22 AM   #14869
Jeeper
 
Tcarr10653's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Rubicon View Post

Prices were released last week. Winch (MSRP) $2250, (FFP) $1885. Mounting kit with plate (MSRP) $495, (FFP) $400. Availability unknown.

zoz
Just an FYI. I paid $129 for the Maximus winch plate. That was a pre order price and its higher now though. Call Joe at Maximus-3 (tel248)-821-6654). He said said you would need the vacuum relocation kit with a Warn, but others on the thread said it wasn't needed. Needs to be verified. I bought a Warn 10S but it hasn't arrived yet. Regarding their winch plate, it's pre cut for an off center winch or a centered winch, nice piece of work. Note the Warn 10S is $ 1149 with free shipping, and if ordered by 30 Jun, a free $200 winch accessory kit. No, I don't work for Warn, lol. Hope this helps you all out.
Tcarr10653 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-26-2013, 10:26 AM   #14870
Jeeper
 
Tcarr10653's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcarr10653 View Post

Just an FYI. I paid $129 for the Maximus winch plate. That was a pre order price and its higher now though. Call Joe at Maximus-3 (tel248)-821-6654). He said said you would need the vacuum relocation kit with a Warn, but others on the thread said it wasn't needed. Needs to be verified. I bought a Warn 10S but it hasn't arrived yet. Regarding their winch plate, it's pre cut for an off center winch or a centered winch, nice piece of work. Note the Warn 10S is $ 1149 with free shipping, and if ordered by 30 Jun, a free $200 winch accessory kit. No, I don't work for Warn, lol. Hope this helps you all out.
The correct telephone number is 248-821-6654, not sure why it came out like that
Tcarr10653 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-26-2013, 11:02 AM   #14871
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: washington twp nj
Posts: 218
maximus -3 winch plate

I did not get the warn winch. I kept my fairlead off center just the way jeep designed it. I had to use the vacuum relocation bracket. I believe if you center the winch on bumper you will not need it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcarr10653 View Post
The correct telephone number is 248-821-6654, not sure why it came out like that
2013 rubiconman is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-26-2013, 11:07 AM   #14872
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: washington twp nj
Posts: 218
winch plate

I got my 10 a on 4/10/13 since that day jeep has been telling me plate would be out in 4 to 10 weeks. two and a half months later it is still 10 weeks from now. screw jeep I got the maximus -3 plate and my winch is mounted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Rubicon View Post
Prices were released last week. Winch (MSRP) $2250, (FFP) $1885. Mounting kit with plate (MSRP) $495, (FFP) $400. Availability unknown.

zoz
2013 rubiconman is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-26-2013, 11:52 AM   #14873
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Delray Beach, FL
Posts: 42
Leather Wrinkling?

Anyone's Leather wrinkling in places or starting to look like crap yet? I have 1500 miles on mine after like 2 weeks and in a few spots its already wrinkling and looking like crap...
obhitn3 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-26-2013, 04:52 PM   #14874
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Southeast PA
Posts: 783
To the person driving the Anvil 10A JKU down Valley Forge Road in MontCo, PA this afternoon around 2:45 PM ... that is one nice ride. It was the first time I had seen Anvil in person. In fact, it was the first time I had seen another 10A on the road.

Also, the person waved back
__________________
JKR10A - 2d, 6 speed, black / black
Ordered on 01/24/13
Acquired on 05/03/13
Aeschylus is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-26-2013, 06:34 PM   #14875
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: SoFlo
Posts: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by obhitn3 View Post
Anyone's Leather wrinkling in places or starting to look like crap yet? I have 1500 miles on mine after like 2 weeks and in a few spots its already wrinkling and looking like crap...
Hitn3 - did you get red or black leather?
guideplan is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-27-2013, 07:10 AM   #14876
Jeeper
 
JKmuder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Loganville, GA
Posts: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by obhitn3 View Post
Anyone's Leather wrinkling in places or starting to look like crap yet? I have 1500 miles on mine after like 2 weeks and in a few spots its already wrinkling and looking like crap...
Nope! Did you condition it?
JKmuder is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-27-2013, 07:12 AM   #14877
Jeeper
 
JKmuder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Loganville, GA
Posts: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013 rubiconman View Post
I got my 10 a on 4/10/13 since that day jeep has been telling me plate would be out in 4 to 10 weeks. two and a half months later it is still 10 weeks from now. screw jeep I got the maximus -3 plate and my winch is mounted.
How long did delivery take? I'm placing a order on Friday
JKmuder is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-27-2013, 09:56 AM   #14878
Newb
 
DGorlesky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 6
Can you post details on the winch setup. I have the exact same color 10A and love the look and setup!
DGorlesky is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-27-2013, 12:27 PM   #14879
Jeeper
 
Blue Heron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKmuder View Post

How long did delivery take? I'm placing a order on Friday
Doubt it. They quit orders a few weeks back. But good luck
Blue Heron is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-27-2013, 12:46 PM   #14880
Jeeper
 
kash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Rubicon View Post
Prices were released last week. Winch (MSRP) $2250, (FFP) $1885. Mounting kit with plate (MSRP) $495, (FFP) $400. Availability unknown.

zoz
do you have any part numbers?

kash is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:21 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC