2013 10th Anniversary Rubicon Thread - Page 509 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 07-25-2013, 10:50 AM   #15241
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Newark DE
Posts: 1,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarloDiMarco View Post
Driving on Soft Sand


I took my 10a onto the beach yesterday without lowering the air pressure in my tires because I did not have my pump on me.

I was nervous a few times that I was going to get stuck as the tires were digging in and I really had to push it to get out.

I am hoping if I drop the tires to 20psi I'll have a better experience. Has anyone driven on soft sand and let air out of the K2's? Also should 4h be enough or do you think I need to use 4L for beach driving?
I went out on a soft beach a few weeks ago and aired down to 18psi all around. 4H and I think it would have been a skill if i could have gotten it stuck. It had zero issues in real soft mounded sand. I also took it easy and pretty much went a very steady slow speed, no baja, dune jumping, just slow and steady.

Doctorsti is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-25-2013, 10:55 AM   #15242
Jeeper
 
CarloDiMarco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Northeast
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarloDiMarco View Post
All fixed

Haven't posted in a bit but wanted to provide some updates. The ticking in my engine was due to a bad rocker arm. The dealer replaced the rocker arm and lifters and noise is gone

As for the leak, the dealer replaced a seal and added some foam stickers and after a soaking rain last night, she was bone dry this morning.

I finally feel I can now get to enjoy my 10A! In fact my first mod was applying my beach driving stickers.
Mod complete

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-817228633.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	212.1 KB
ID:	277231

CarloDiMarco is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-25-2013, 10:58 AM   #15243
Jeeper
 
CarloDiMarco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Northeast
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctorsti View Post

I went out on a soft beach a few weeks ago and aired down to 18psi all around. 4H and I think it would have been a skill if i could have gotten it stuck. It had zero issues in real soft mounded sand. I also took it easy and pretty much went a very steady slow speed, no baja, dune jumping, just slow and steady.
Ok thanks. Looking forward to trying it again airing down the tires.
CarloDiMarco is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-25-2013, 01:01 PM   #15244
Newb
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: San Gabriel area
Posts: 5
thanks Finn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn Sizzle View Post
Dude, congrats! I just went to Big Bear last weekend, welcome to the 10a club. I did not get my winch installed yet, however I did go with a group that had winches. I am actually replacing my bumper with an Aries bumper. I have the winch plate....now working on getting a winch.
So how much are you asking for your bumper? I think im going to buy the winch plate from Maximus-3 cause mopar just stated they have a fix...but it needs to be made!! really?? that is very un professional!

so did you go to John bull trail and did you take your JKRU10A?
dtaylor8 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-25-2013, 01:04 PM   #15245
Newb
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: San Gabriel area
Posts: 5
Maximus-3 winch plate????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcarr10653 View Post
Finally completed the install of the Warn Zeon 10S. Used the Maximus-3 winch plate and vacuum pump relocation bracket. Did "most" of the work myself, BUT I have to admit though, for the life of me, I couldn't get those last two nuts on the inside of the bumper attached. Had to take to a shop that has worked on jeeps in this area. They had to partially dismantle the setup to get it all to fit. They never worked on a 10A before though. Took them 4 hours to complete the install Of the bumper, LOL.

As a side note, I completed the Rausch Creek 101 course last month with 4 Anvil 10A's in the group. Agree with all comments about Kyle at Rausch Creek, he's an excellent instructor. Debating on the 201 course which has a few recovery elements in it, or holding out for the winch course also offered.

Couple of pics, winch completion, and the group 101 course at Rausch Creek. Bill Vanderpool, Tom Reidy, and Bill Miller (the trip coordinator) were also present.
awesome 10A, I really like that color. so have you tried out your winch yet? just wondering about Maximus-3 since they haven't been around for anytime length?
dtaylor8 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-25-2013, 01:50 PM   #15246
Newb
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: San Gabriel area
Posts: 5
Just ordered my Maximus-3 10A winch mount kit!!! do i need the vacuum relocation bracket to mount in a smitty bilt X20 10,000 lbs winch? Anyone know?
dtaylor8 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-25-2013, 03:30 PM   #15247
Jeeper
 
JKmuder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Loganville, GA
Posts: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtaylor8 View Post
Just ordered my Maximus-3 10A winch mount kit!!! do i need the vacuum relocation bracket to mount in a smitty bilt X20 10,000 lbs winch? Anyone know?
I didn't need it for a Warn VR 10K but it was close


JKmuder is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-25-2013, 06:56 PM   #15248
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 615
Anyone have rumbling when slowing down or starting off? Is it the KM2s?
zenman is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-25-2013, 07:02 PM   #15249
Jeeper
 
ArcherAce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Toledo, OH
Posts: 659
Images: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenman View Post
Anyone have rumbling when slowing down or starting off? Is it the KM2s?
Yes.

Pretty much all mud tires do that
__________________
l_______
/l ,[_____],
l---L -
OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
Aerodynamics are overrated
ArcherAce is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-25-2013, 07:04 PM   #15250
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenman View Post
Anyone have rumbling when slowing down or starting off? Is it the KM2s?
I had the same issue when I first got mine after coming from a Sahara. I figured it was due to the different axles/gearing/Rock Trac system. Dealer told me it was normal. Whatever it is/was I don't notice it anymore after a few hundred miles on the Jeep.
ET550 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-25-2013, 07:48 PM   #15251
Jeeper
 
Blue Heron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenman View Post
Anyone have rumbling when slowing down or starting off? Is it the KM2s?
Yep it's called entry music!!
Blue Heron is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-25-2013, 07:58 PM   #15252
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 615
Quote:
Originally Posted by ET550 View Post
I had the same issue when I first got mine after coming from a Sahara. I figured it was due to the different axles/gearing/Rock Trac system. Dealer told me it was normal. Whatever it is/was I don't notice it anymore after a few hundred miles on the Jeep.
I'm coming from a Sahara also. Just wanted to be sure. Let it rumble!

How you guys doing with 3.73 gears? I'm using more gas than I thought over 3.21 gears. Was thinking about going to 4.10s but may wait. Probably won't be going to any tires over 33 inches anyway.
zenman is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-25-2013, 08:22 PM   #15253
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Newark DE
Posts: 1,259
Well 7/25/13 came and and went and I didn't read a single "ORDER PLACED FOR 10A WINCH AND PLATE!!!!! WWWOOOOOOTTTTT"

It was the 25th right? I wonder, is anyone going for it? I really really want to but then I see WilsonTX's solution and this Maximus-3 solution and I'm thinking I'd rather have either one of those then pay 3 grand for a Mopar one. But I really wanted to get the full 10A package. Maybe it was the 29th that ordering opened, can't remember but if it's the 25th obviously Mopar priced themselves right out of the enthusiast market, which is really hard to do.

$1422 gets me a 10K winch, plate, light bar and light mounts for bumper.
or I can wait until I'm old and gray to pay $2800 for a winch and plate from Chrysler....

right
Doctorsti is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-25-2013, 08:37 PM   #15254
Jeeper
 
docz63's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctorsti View Post
Well 7/25/13 came and and went and I didn't read a single "ORDER PLACED FOR 10A WINCH AND PLATE!!!!! WWWOOOOOOTTTTT"

It was the 25th right? I wonder, is anyone going for it? I really really want to but then I see WilsonTX's solution and this Maximus-3 solution and I'm thinking I'd rather have either one of those then pay 3 grand for a Mopar one. But I really wanted to get the full 10A package. Maybe it was the 29th that ordering opened, can't remember but if it's the 25th obviously Mopar priced themselves right out of the enthusiast market, which is really hard to do.
I talked with my service dept man and he said, nothing in computer, would still be months before available. WTF!!!!!!!! I am still going to wait! What's wrong with me!!!
docz63 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-25-2013, 08:48 PM   #15255
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Newark DE
Posts: 1,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by docz63 View Post
I talked with my service dept man and he said, nothing in computer, would still be months before available. WTF!!!!!!!! I am still going to wait! What's wrong with me!!!
Months before it's available... yeah pssssst, Jeep... that ship has sailed my friend. 5,400 sold, lets say 25% of them get winches... 1,350 chances to get a sale.... wait 9 months from release to get your product to market = FAIL.

When tiny shops are designing, building, testing, piloting, tooling up for, and finally producing winch plates for the 10A before the manufacturer can get their lazy ass to market they deserve to lose out. I'm out unless they offer me one half off which I'm pretty sure won't happen so I guess it's time to move on with the maximus 3 plate. Going to place an order soon. BoOOOOOOOO Jeep, huge FAIL.
Doctorsti is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-25-2013, 08:49 PM   #15256
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctorsti View Post
Well 7/25/13 came and and went and I didn't read a single "ORDER PLACED FOR 10A WINCH AND PLATE!!!!! WWWOOOOOOTTTTT"

It was the 25th right? I wonder, is anyone going for it? I really really want to but then I see WilsonTX's solution and this Maximus-3 solution and I'm thinking I'd rather have either one of those then pay 3 grand for a Mopar one. But I really wanted to get the full 10A package. Maybe it was the 29th that ordering opened, can't remember but if it's the 25th obviously Mopar priced themselves right out of the enthusiast market, which is really hard to do.
I was wondering the same thing. Been reading the board all day looking for details. I think at this point I'm going to just order the Warn Zeon 10-S and a few parts from Maximus and be done with it.
CalgaryHighlander is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-25-2013, 08:55 PM   #15257
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Newark DE
Posts: 1,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryHighlander View Post
I was wondering the same thing. Been reading the board all day looking for details. I think at this point I'm going to just order the Warn Zeon 10-S and a few parts from Maximus and be done with it.
Who wouldn't, they have got to be seriously touched in the head to think they have a chance with a horrifically overpriced winch due to an added sticker and a winch plate that one of the largest vehicle manufacturers in the world can't get to market when the product it's for is already sold out.
Doctorsti is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-25-2013, 09:17 PM   #15258
Jeeper
 
Rwilsontx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 282
My daughters 10A getting her lift on! Teraflex HD carrier and Tow Hooks powder coated and painted! Waiting on her KM2's which are back ordered 3 weeks!
__________________
2013 JKU 10A, Billet
Rwilsontx is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-25-2013, 09:58 PM   #15259
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Newark DE
Posts: 1,259
RWILSONTX, Any news on the winch plate kit to install that WARN RC winch? I am a huge fan of having that thing fully hidden like that.
Doctorsti is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-25-2013, 10:05 PM   #15260
Jeeper
 
Rwilsontx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctorsti View Post
RWILSONTX, Any news on the winch plate kit to install that WARN RC winch? I am a huge fan of having that thing fully hidden like that.
I have to call them in the morning and will check on the status for you. Next for me is some Truck Lites and maybe a couple Rigged lights?
__________________
2013 JKU 10A, Billet
Rwilsontx is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-26-2013, 03:14 AM   #15261
FAP
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: VA
Posts: 331
I was on the fence whether to go with 4.10's or not. I'm really glad I did. I have 3,200 miles now and just got back from Ohio from Virginia and put around 1300 on it. This had some city, mostly highway, and a good stretch of West Virginia mountain driving. I drove at the posted limits which ranged mostly from 55 to 70. I saw gas mileage from a low of 17.4, to a high of 19.2 on the EVIC, which is pretty accurate, so I was getting right around low 18's for an average. Very pleased with this and the seats are so comfortable! I had 5 family members in it (in Ohio), I traveled alone, and they were taken back by the interior appearance and comfort level, and how quiet it is for what it is! I'm getting around low 14's in town now after broken in. Overall trip impression, no complaints. What kind of mileage was you seeing?

QUOTE=zenman;4003541]I'm coming from a Sahara also. Just wanted to be sure. Let it rumble!

How you guys doing with 3.73 gears? I'm using more gas than I thought over 3.21 gears. Was thinking about going to 4.10s but may wait. Preobably won't be going to any tires over 33 inches anyway.[/QUOTE]
FAP is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-26-2013, 03:21 AM   #15262
FAP
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: VA
Posts: 331
Ha, I've been tracking this thing (Mopar),and was thinking if I got a 25% coupon I may consider it, but guess I will hold out for "half off" as well! LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctorsti View Post
Months before it's available... yeah pssssst, Jeep... that ship has sailed my friend. 5,400 sold, lets say 25% of them get winches... 1,350 chances to get a sale.... wait 9 months from release to get your product to market = FAIL.

When tiny shops are designing, building, testing, piloting, tooling up for, and finally producing winch plates for the 10A before the manufacturer can get their lazy ass to market they deserve to lose out. I'm out unless they offer me one half off which I'm pretty sure won't happen so I guess it's time to move on with the maximus 3 plate. Going to place an order soon. BoOOOOOOOO Jeep, huge FAIL.
FAP is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-26-2013, 03:30 AM   #15263
Jeeper
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryHighlander View Post
I was wondering the same thing. Been reading the board all day looking for details. I think at this point I'm going to just order the Warn Zeon 10-S and a few parts from Maximus and be done with it.
I just installed my Warn Zeon 10-s today with Maximus-3 kit.
Make sure you also order vacum pump relocation bracket and be prepared to cut part of old vacum pump bracket in order for Warn Zeon to fit in.
Vhog13 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-26-2013, 07:41 AM   #15264
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 615
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAP View Post
I was on the fence whether to go with 4.10's or not. I'm really glad I did. I have 3,200 miles now and just got back from Ohio from Virginia and put around 1300 on it. This had some city, mostly highway, and a good stretch of West Virginia mountain driving. I drove at the posted limits which ranged mostly from 55 to 70. I saw gas mileage from a low of 17.4, to a high of 19.2 on the EVIC, which is pretty accurate, so I was getting right around low 18's for an average. Very pleased with this and the seats are so comfortable! I had 5 family members in it (in Ohio), I traveled alone, and they were taken back by the interior appearance and comfort level, and how quiet it is for what it is! I'm getting around low 14's in town now after broken in. Overall trip impression, no complaints. What kind of mileage was you seeing?
You have manual or auto and what size tires you running?
zenman is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-26-2013, 08:26 AM   #15265
Jeeper
 
kash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenman View Post
Anyone have rumbling when slowing down or starting off? Is it the KM2s?
Love that rumble!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcherAce View Post
Yes.

Pretty much all mud tires do that
Glad to see you back Archer!!
kash is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-26-2013, 08:30 AM   #15266
Jeeper
 
docz63's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctorsti View Post

Months before it's available... yeah pssssst, Jeep... that ship has sailed my friend. 5,400 sold, lets say 25% of them get winches... 1,350 chances to get a sale.... wait 9 months from release to get your product to market = FAIL.

When tiny shops are designing, building, testing, piloting, tooling up for, and finally producing winch plates for the 10A before the manufacturer can get their lazy ass to market they deserve to lose out. I'm out unless they offer me one half off which I'm pretty sure won't happen so I guess it's time to move on with the maximus 3 plate. Going to place an order soon. BoOOOOOOOO Jeep, huge FAIL.
I guess Pat was told wrong on this one!
docz63 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-26-2013, 10:13 AM   #15267
FAP
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: VA
Posts: 331
Automatic, stock KM2'S (265/70R17), and it's a 4 door hardtop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenman View Post
You have manual or auto and what size tires you running?
FAP is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-26-2013, 10:25 AM   #15268
Newb
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 6
Just got my 10A home last night, 19.99 miles to the gallon on the first refill. Scratch on the hood from the dealer. He looked concerned... I said make it up to me on my first parts order. He quickly replied no problem, It will be at cost. First thing I noticed is from the billet color I was looking at... the silver had red switches for the sway bar disconnect, the anvil has black, both 10a models. Is this normal or should the anvil have the red as well?
timwande is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-26-2013, 10:26 AM   #15269
Newb
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 6
Oh and I noticed the rumble on start and slow down. Tires came stock at 47psi, I lowered them to 40psi after 150 miles, probably will drop them down to 35 now.
timwande is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-26-2013, 11:19 AM   #15270
Jeeper
 
Tcarr10653's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtaylor8 View Post
Just ordered my Maximus-3 10A winch mount kit!!! do i need the vacuum relocation bracket to mount in a smitty bilt X20 10,000 lbs winch? Anyone know?
Give Joe at Maximus-3 a call. He can give you a better idea. All I know is about the Warn 10S, relocation kit definitely needed for that one.

http://www.maximus-3.com/index.html

Tcarr10653 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:02 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC