2013 10th Anniversary Rubicon Thread - Page 517 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 08-11-2013, 06:42 AM   #15481
Jeeper
 
getlucky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Williston FL
Posts: 71
Spent all day installing 3" BDS lift on my JKRU, next on the list tires and wheels.

getlucky is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-11-2013, 08:07 AM   #15482
Jeeper
 
cshane70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Fernandina Beach, FL.
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctorsti View Post
are those JW Speaker lights on the Maximus mounts? Looks great. Every time I see the Maximus kit I feel confirmation that I'm going with that setup instead of the OEM winch and plate. That grill guard/light bar is just good looking and can't wait to put that order in.
Yes it is. I could not have asked for a better set up. Everything looks clean and like it was made for it.

cshane70 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-11-2013, 08:59 AM   #15483
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 341
Has to share with our crew from the 14 thread. Interesting looking Rubi X that someone just picked up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2696985464.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	132.8 KB
ID:	284501  
Hammer One is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-11-2013, 09:10 AM   #15484
Jeeper
 
Get your jeep on's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdwright View Post

Nice!! Congrats!!
Awesome, congrats.
Get your jeep on is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-11-2013, 09:14 AM   #15485
Jeeper
 
asianhulk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Alaska
Posts: 720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drmad7 View Post
I got the red seats because I didn't think they would keep selling those...and they look awesome! Glad I did. But did you see the Rubicon X on the 14 thread! In Flame Red there is no denying that it is a great look and Chrysler will make a ton of money! But whatever it takes to keep them in business...I need them to stay around for any warranty work!
I feel ya doc, I'm still happy for my black seats, I might have to get a set of those smoke turn indicators though!
__________________
2013 JKU 10A Anvil/Black
Ordered 02/25/13, Delivered 05/14/13
asianhulk is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-11-2013, 09:16 AM   #15486
Jeeper
 
JKmuder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Loganville, GA
Posts: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer One View Post
Has to share with our crew from the 14 thread. Interesting looking Rubi X that someone just picked up.
Speechless..... gees
JKmuder is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-11-2013, 09:19 AM   #15487
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by cshane70 View Post
Happy Trails did a great job. Cant wait to start on light bar!!
Shane, what turn indicators are those? The look darker than the Recon set that I've seen? Thanks
Hammer One is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-11-2013, 09:21 AM   #15488
Jeeper
 
Billy Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Creole, Louisiana
Posts: 664
Quote:
Originally Posted by asianhulk View Post
I feel ya doc, I'm still happy for my black seats, I might have to get a set of those smoke turn indicators though!
How is it going Hulk?? How is Alaska treating you guys?
__________________
2013 Rubi 10A Unlimited, Billet, Red interior. Ordered 02-02-13 and took delivery 04-24-13. Now a Happy 10A Owner
Billy Goat is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-11-2013, 09:22 AM   #15489
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 341
Anyone have a recommendation for a front suspension bolt replacement kits? Want to ensure the death wobble stays away? Had some interesting vibration on a stretch on highway a few days ago! Thanks
Hammer One is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-11-2013, 09:29 AM   #15490
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Newark DE
Posts: 1,255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer One View Post
Anyone have a recommendation for a front suspension bolt replacement kits? Want to ensure the death wobble stays away? Had some interesting vibration on a stretch on highway a few days ago! Thanks
Northridge4x4
Northridge 4X4 Jeep JK Grade 8 Hardware kit
Doctorsti is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-11-2013, 09:32 AM   #15491
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Newark DE
Posts: 1,255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer One View Post
Has to share with our crew from the 14 thread. Interesting looking Rubi X that someone just picked up.
If I didn't already have a 10A I would be buying this exact combo. That is great looking! The down side is I would have to get black leather which in the summer would be awful. I have to say I've jumped in my 10A Red seats after top off doors off full sun 90 degree days (vehicle sitting in sun for 4-6 hours at least) and only felt completely tolerably hot and didn't even notice them after less then 10 seconds. I doubt this would be the same case with black leather.
Doctorsti is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-11-2013, 10:15 AM   #15492
FAP
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: VA
Posts: 331
Hey buddy, BUT....we do have the one and the only Tenth Anniversary that started this new trend off, and no one can take that from us in less we sell one to them (not me). I will be having the Mopar mount and 10th winch installed in the next week or so, can't wait (they are already at the dealer). I went with it for just that extra exclusivity it will bring (as well as a pretty capable winch).

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianhulk View Post
Yeah, told my wife I was slightly disappointed about being exclusive, her reply?

"It's a company, in the end they are about making money... If jeep gives you a 500.00 coupon off your next purchase, you'll be happy and recommend the brand to the next guy. They only pretend to make you happy so you'll spend more money. With all the rave of the bumpers and hood, do you blame them for trying to make more money?"

So I have mixed feelings on this, in a way I don't blame Jeep but on the other hand, I wished jeep would have kept it exclusive. I may appreciate other jeeps, but Rubi is mine, even though it has been to thee shop for many small things, her bruises are a testament of the adventures we have shared and the adventures to come.

I was disappointed but really, vehicles will always roll down the line with newer features and neat things but this Jeep, is mine.
FAP is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-11-2013, 10:15 AM   #15493
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctorsti View Post
are those JW Speaker lights on the Maximus mounts? Looks great. Every time I see the Maximus kit I feel confirmation that I'm going with that setup instead of the OEM winch and plate. That grill guard/light bar is just good looking and can't wait to put that order in.
After seeing both mounting set ups I can tell you the MOPAR version has a lot more to it I posted up pics of mine. It comes with a bottom plate and a front plate almost a whole bumper its kind of crazy what you get. It also comes with a pump relo bracket and an oli bracket. I will probably get the Maximus light mounts just trying to figure out how to install lights and a license plate...
peanut09 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-11-2013, 10:53 AM   #15494
Jeeper
 
Blue Heron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeTeJonEs View Post
Does anyone know how many total they r making of the 10th anniversary?
5,851 total including US and Canada
128 were built in 2 dr JK Anvil with Black interiors and Auto
Blue Heron is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-11-2013, 11:11 AM   #15495
Jeeper
 
Get your jeep on's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 180
Not that I care about that. I had bought what I bought because it was the most capable vehicle out there, without having to do a ton of modifications that I don't have time to perform myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Heron View Post

5,851 total including US and Canada
128 were built in 2 dr JK Anvil with Black interiors and Auto
I wonder how many were built with the red leather interior. To me, the red leather is it an additional edge of exclusivity.
Get your jeep on is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-11-2013, 11:21 AM   #15496
Jeeper
 
asianhulk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Alaska
Posts: 720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Goat View Post
How is it going Hulk?? How is Alaska treating you guys?
BG, its great, during the summer...wait we don't have summer like the rest of the U.S. Our seasons are: Snow fall Winter (Late Oct-Dec), Cold winter (Jan-late Feb), Break-up (Mar-late april), Construction season (May-Sept), then wet season (Sept-Oct)

So, during construction season, we have a lot of roads being worked on and the Jeep has held up pretty good.

How have you been?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get your jeep on View Post
Not that I care about that. I had bought what I bought because it was the most capable vehicle out there, without having to do a ton of modifications that I don't have time to perform myself.

I wonder how many were built with the red leather interior. To me, the red leather is it an additional edge of exclusivity.
I asked my wife after our 10A vs X chat, she pretty much told me I wouldn't have been able to add all the X packages that make up the 10A so for me, the 10A was a win.
__________________
2013 JKU 10A Anvil/Black
Ordered 02/25/13, Delivered 05/14/13
asianhulk is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-11-2013, 11:28 AM   #15497
Jeeper
 
cshane70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Fernandina Beach, FL.
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer One View Post
Shane, what turn indicators are those? The look darker than the Recon set that I've seen? Thanks
Yes they are the Recon smoked lenses. I have the tail, side and turn signal Recon. All the smoked. They look great !!!
cshane70 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-11-2013, 11:30 AM   #15498
Jeeper
 
JKUR10A's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layensid71 View Post

Honestly who cares what they are doing with the X, I bought my 10a because I loved it, not because it was special. There will always be the next best thing,can't blame Chrysler for trying to sell vehicles, Corvette has been doing this since it started , every year there is a better model, they can make the X exactly the same and it wouldn't change how much I love mine
Well put, this is exactly how I feel. I got what it paid for, and I hope they keep coming out with better designs and new options. Otherwise i would have a tough time justifying why my next vehicle would be a jeep. Lets stop wining about Chrysler and start enjoying our rigs.
JKUR10A is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-11-2013, 11:33 AM   #15499
Jeeper
 
cshane70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Fernandina Beach, FL.
Posts: 22
I would like to go with the JW Speaker fog lights but waiting to find out if the will fit and plug into 10A bumper.If anyone has tried or done this please let me know.
cshane70 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-11-2013, 12:10 PM   #15500
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Newark DE
Posts: 1,255
Quote:
Originally Posted by cshane70 View Post
I would like to go with the JW Speaker fog lights but waiting to find out if the will fit and plug into 10A bumper.If anyone has tried or done this please let me know.
Didn't someone else post that the truck-lite 4.5" fogs don't fit and that the design of the 10A fog light/enclosure is different then the regular Wrangler?

Someone out there has to have had an older wrangler they took the bumper of or replaced fogs and has done the same with the 10A. I am waiting for someone to check it out until I get my winch plate and at that point I am going to buy the Truck-lite fogs that match the phase 7 lights and just fab up a bracket. I'd rather know one way or the other first but if I'm the first one then I'll be sure to post the answers. This may not happen until the spring due to funding reasons
Doctorsti is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-11-2013, 12:31 PM   #15501
Jeeper
 
Meatball0311's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Montana
Posts: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layensid71 View Post
Honestly who cares what they are doing with the X, I bought my 10a because I loved it, not because it was special. There will always be the next best thing,can't blame Chrysler for trying to sell vehicles, Corvette has been doing this since it started , every year there is a better model, they can make the X exactly the same and it wouldn't change how much I love mine

I totally agree with you (even though it was hard to swallow at first). I always knew that the 10A basically was the start to the top of the line Rubicons. I love mine and nothing will change the enjoyment of driving it and the fact that I know it is a special edition. Hopefully, it will be in my life for a long time and I do not totally hate Chrysler. It would be nice however, if they did keep the red leather exclusively for the 10A (I don't think they will).
__________________
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 10th Anniversary Edition
"The original 45K+ Jeep"
Meatball0311 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-11-2013, 12:43 PM   #15502
Jeeper
 
Blue Heron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get your jeep on View Post
Not that I care about that. I had bought what I bought because it was the most capable vehicle out there, without having to do a ton of modifications that I don't have time to perform myself.

I wonder how many were built with the red leather interior. To me, the red leather is it an additional edge of exclusivity.
If you are wondering send your VIN to IAMJEEP and ask. Post your results.
Blue Heron is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-11-2013, 03:58 PM   #15503
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Southeast PA
Posts: 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctorsti View Post
Didn't someone else post that the truck-lite 4.5" fogs don't fit and that the design of the 10A fog light/enclosure is different then the regular Wrangler?

Someone out there has to have had an older wrangler they took the bumper of or replaced fogs and has done the same with the 10A. I am waiting for someone to check it out until I get my winch plate and at that point I am going to buy the Truck-lite fogs that match the phase 7 lights and just fab up a bracket. I'd rather know one way or the other first but if I'm the first one then I'll be sure to post the answers. This may not happen until the spring due to funding reasons
My VisionX fogs did not fit the 10A bumper and someone else had a different set of fog lights that did not fit; he fabbed an aluminum bracket ... Post here.
__________________
JKR10A - 2d, 6 speed, black / black
Ordered on 01/24/13
Acquired on 05/03/13
Aeschylus is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-11-2013, 04:53 PM   #15504
FAP
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: VA
Posts: 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut09 View Post
After seeing both mounting set ups I can tell you the MOPAR version has a lot more to it I posted up pics of mine. It comes with a bottom plate and a front plate almost a whole bumper its kind of crazy what you get. It also comes with a pump relo bracket and an oli bracket. I will probably get the Maximus light mounts just trying to figure out how to install lights and a license plate...
Interesting, thanks for the info. You know I really never noticed the off center fairlead until your post, and just looked at a Truck Trend article/picture which has a good frontal view of the winch on an Anvil 2 door, and sure enough you can see it. Having the hook/line anchored to the passenger side seems to subdue the offset appearance I think. I have the Life Time Warranty and my dealer says if I use the Anniversary winch/Mopar mount, and they install I will have no warranty issues.
FAP is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-11-2013, 05:26 PM   #15505
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Newark DE
Posts: 1,255
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAP View Post
Interesting, thanks for the info. You know I really never noticed the off center fairlead until your post, and just looked at a Truck Trend article/picture which has a good frontal view of the winch on an Anvil 2 door, and sure enough you can see it. Having the hook/line anchored to the passenger side seems to subdue the offset appearance I think. I have the Life Time Warranty and my dealer says if I use the Anniversary winch/Mopar mount, and they install I will have no warranty issues.
You'd have no warranty issues anyway I don't think. The law is they would have to prove your modification DIRECTLY caused the problem you would be seeking warranty work on.
Doctorsti is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-11-2013, 05:49 PM   #15506
Jeeper
 
PowerRubiWagon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 189
Hey guys, noobie from North LA here checking in with our new 10 Anniversary Rubi.. wife saw one and had a fit so we had to search all over the South to locate one on a dealer lot. I feel it's a nice compliment to my Power Wagon.

Can someone provide the part number for the Mopar Winch mount? I'd rather stay with OE Equipment.

Here's a few pics of the beauty!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0 (1).jpg
Views:	103
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	284717   Click image for larger version

Name:	0 (9).jpg
Views:	92
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	284718  

PowerRubiWagon is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-11-2013, 06:01 PM   #15507
Jeeper
 
asianhulk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Alaska
Posts: 720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctorsti View Post
You'd have no warranty issues anyway I don't think. The law is they would have to prove your modification DIRECTLY caused the problem you would be seeking warranty work on.
That's for the factory warranty Doc, the lifetime service contract CAN be voided if anything is outside factory spec. Will it be? probably not, can it be? you betcha. Thus the reason why I didn't get the extended warranty.
__________________
2013 JKU 10A Anvil/Black
Ordered 02/25/13, Delivered 05/14/13
asianhulk is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-11-2013, 06:23 PM   #15508
Jeeper
 
Billy Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Creole, Louisiana
Posts: 664
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerRubiWagon View Post
Hey guys, noobie from North LA here checking in with our new 10 Anniversary Rubi.. wife saw one and had a fit so we had to search all over the South to locate one on a dealer lot. I feel it's a nice compliment to my Power Wagon.

Can someone provide the part number for the Mopar Winch mount? I'd rather stay with OE Equipment.

Here's a few pics of the beauty!
Nice Jeep!! Welcome aboard, from south La. Here
__________________
2013 Rubi 10A Unlimited, Billet, Red interior. Ordered 02-02-13 and took delivery 04-24-13. Now a Happy 10A Owner
Billy Goat is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-11-2013, 10:39 PM   #15509
Jeeper
 
Tcarr10653's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by asianhulk View Post

That's for the factory warranty Doc, the lifetime service contract CAN be voided if anything is outside factory spec. Will it be? probably not, can it be? you betcha. Thus the reason why I didn't get the extended warranty.
Interesting about the warranty. My Jeep dealer (Motor World, in Wilkes Barre, PA) is too worried about "legal" issues. Wouldn't install the 10S, loved doing it myself lol. They also wouldn't reset the TPMS from 43 to 38. Said it was a bs legal issue if something happened and the tires weren't set to 43 as per the label. Not very happy with that Jeep dealer.
Tcarr10653 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-12-2013, 04:21 AM   #15510
FAP
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: VA
Posts: 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcarr10653 View Post
Interesting about the warranty. My Jeep dealer (Motor World, in Wilkes Barre, PA) is too worried about "legal" issues. Wouldn't install the 10S, loved doing it myself lol. They also wouldn't reset the TPMS from 43 to 38. Said it was a bs legal issue if something happened and the tires weren't set to 43 as per the label. Not very happy with that Jeep dealer.
What's the 10S? I am looking at the 10A winch/Mopar mount here soon, but still want to make sure my Lifetime warranty is kept intact. Since Chrysler even put out a brochure about these parts just for the 10a I think it should be fine. I'm also having the dealer install, and ordered the mount and winch through them.

FAP is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:19 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC