I beat myself up trying to decide whether to go with the dual top or just a painted, color matching. It was a difficult choice. I went with the color matched top. Yesterday, i saw a Sahara with the same color set-up and it was pretty awesome, and that's without the red interior, red accents, badging, etc......so i'm gonna be happy, very happy. Darn GPS beat me up too, but finally went with the 730 as the cost wasn't that much difference. It's going to be an eternity getting this thing!!!!
I have not seen that review on this thread before. Thank you for posting! I have a couple of thoughts:
- the author thought the diff. lock switch should be where the power window switches are. I disagree with him. I think he needs to consider which buttons gets used more.
- he thinks the red tow hooks should be rattle-canned black. I think he was high while pounding away at the key board.
- he thinks the hood is ugly. Oh yeah!? I think he is ugly!
- the best part (for me) is that I get to see what Anvil looks like when it is dirty! Fortunately, the color does not go all pear-shaped when coated with dust.
- the reviewer does not go into any real driving experience. He basically gives an overview of the Jeep, and bakes in his commentary of the 10A peculiar components. Honestly, it's a bit of a low-value review... But I can't get enough of my future rig!!
I hope the Anvil is a bit more blue. I have a Cosmos blue that is being returned to Chrysler due to severe leaking-not seal, top or door(must be frame). The best part is being able to upgrade my '12 to the '13 10A. Wish we'd kept all the other Jeeps we had thru the years as we'd have a great collection.
2012 JK Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
2003 TJ Wrangler Rubicon
1994 ZJ Grand Cherokee Limited
1987 YJ Wrangler
I've been glued to this thread for weeks now. Your advice, answers, and insight have been truly invaluable. After flip-flopping between black and red seats for the past two weeks, I finally went to my dealer today and put down a deposit on a 10A Rubi:
Anvil (I think we've seen enough pics now to know what we're in for)
Black seats (nothing like waiting until the very last minute, right?)
4.10 without tow package (thanks for saving me $300)
Supplemental Airbags, 730N, and Auto temp control
$40,622 total (1% under invoice, thank you Tread Lightly)
Walked out the door with my VON
I was going to get the smoker's group for the extra 12V cigarette plug someone mentioned earlier in the thread. My dealer stated the smoker's group just adds the physical lighter to the receptacle and adds an ash tray. It doesn't' give you an extra 12V plug.
And since I feel like I've been lurking in the shadows this month, taking and not contributing, I thought I'd post my crudely photoshopped pic of the Anvil/black seats. It was the final item that made me choose black over red seats (and even then, I almost changed my mind and went with red literally while sitting at the dealer's desk today).