2013 JK order waiting room - Page 89 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 10-23-2012, 02:01 PM   #2641
Jeeper
 
LMT Rubi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 418
I read somewhere you can track your Jeep as it is being transported? Anyone know about this?

LMT Rubi is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-23-2012, 02:43 PM   #2642
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by 57Wrangler View Post
So does that mean that it should go from paint to railcar in a day? Is that possible?
VOTS seems to skip steps and is frequently delayed. Maybe it was framed and painted yesterday and being trimmed today... maybe it's already built and ready to be inspected. I'm just glad it's at least made it's way to the paint stage.

Displacer is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-23-2012, 02:52 PM   #2643
SKE
Newb
 
SKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bozman
Any Canadians got theirs yet ??
Canadian here in Toronto.

I just want to say "thank you" to everyone for the tremendous resource that this forum provides.

I ordered a CG JKU Sahara, manual transmission, connectivity, heated seats, 3.73 on August 28th. Dealer requested $1000 down. The allocation period opened September 12. I'm only guessing that's when the order went in.

The first update from my dealer was September 25th stating the parts were being sourced.

Yesterday, October 22nd, I went into "D1" status with a build date of "second week of November" with a tentative mid to late November delivery. I was also finally able to get my VIN.

So, roughly six weeks from order to D1.

Keep this in mind that I only have the information my dealer provides me. Beyond that, I know nothing, except eventually I'll have a new Jeep.
SKE is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-23-2012, 03:05 PM   #2644
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
etkal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Leominster, MA
Posts: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Displacer View Post
VOTS seems to skip steps and is frequently delayed. Maybe it was framed and painted yesterday and being trimmed today... maybe it's already built and ready to be inspected. I'm just glad it's at least made it's way to the paint stage.
And I really hate waiting for paint to dry...
__________________

ET ~ (O||||O) ~ W1QED
2013 JK Sport S, Commando Green, 6-spd, 3.73,
Prem soft top, side steps, tow pkg
etkal is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-23-2012, 03:12 PM   #2645
Jeeper
 
Lbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 589
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMT Rubi View Post
I read somewhere you can track your Jeep as it is being transported? Anyone know about this?
If you can get the railcar number from IAMJEEP, Union Pacific Customer Service can track it.
Lbear is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-23-2012, 03:27 PM   #2646
Jeeper
 
LMT Rubi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbear View Post
If you can get the railcar number from IAMJEEP, Union Pacific Customer Service can track it.
I see - how would IAMJEEP even give you such information such as the railcar number?
LMT Rubi is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-23-2012, 05:03 PM   #2647
t6p
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 17
Picking up my Sahara Unlimited tomorrow at 4:30.

Ordered 9/26. Really happy with the turnaround time.

- Leather
- 430n
- Max Tow
- Dual Tops
- Anti-slip
- Side air bags
t6p is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-23-2012, 06:32 PM   #2648
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 265
^ where are u located if I may ask? I ordered mine 9/17 and I have a est delivery of nov 1st
LudlowJKUR is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-23-2012, 06:36 PM   #2649
t6p
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by LudlowJKUR View Post
^ where are u located if I may ask? I ordered mine 9/17 and I have a est delivery of nov 1st
Dutchess County, NY
t6p is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-23-2012, 07:23 PM   #2650
Jeeper
 
PJM86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 178
Dealer said the 24th for me, this past monday, but no news from the dealer today. I will have to keep my fingers crossed. Ordered mine on 9.25.12
PJM86 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-23-2012, 08:52 PM   #2651
Newb
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscosolid View Post
Just spoke to IAMJEEP. They show my jeep still with an estimated arrival at the dealer of tomorrow, however it also still shows it sitting in D1. I'm guessing they are a bit ahead of themselves on the ETA.
I'm very glad I am in not the only one in this predicament. Ordered on 9/28; Dealer and Insight predicted a ship date of 10/24. VOTS and IAMJEEP still say it is in D1.
ro1151 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-24-2012, 01:17 AM   #2652
Newb
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1
Ordered 4 door Unlimited Sport automatic petrol 2013 model in dozer on 4th October and picked it up last Friday 19th October. My first Wrangler and I'm absolutely loving it! The only mods / additions were satin black painted wheels plus a tow bar.

BTW I live in Perth Western Australia.
jollyhacker is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-24-2012, 02:13 AM   #2653
Jeeper
 
7th_District's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Northern, MI
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7th_District View Post
Our Gecko Green JKUR was ordered on Monday 9/17 and we got the first email from Jeep on Wednesday 9/19. Our salesman just called and said that it arrived at the dealership late last night (10/19). While we can't pick her up until Monday we are driving into town today to check her out.
Well our JKUR arrived at the dealership on 10/19 and we got to check it out for the first time this past Saturday (10/20). As you can see my wife is pretty geeked.



__________________
2013 Rubicon Unlimited auto Gecko Green
2010 Dodge Charger SRT8 6.1L Hemi Brillant Black
2009 Harley Davidson FLHRC Flame Blue
7th_District is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-24-2012, 05:04 AM   #2654
Jeeper
 
bozman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ontario
Posts: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKE View Post
Canadian here in Toronto.

I just want to say "thank you" to everyone for the tremendous resource that this forum provides.

I ordered a CG JKU Sahara, manual transmission, connectivity, heated seats, 3.73 on August 28th. Dealer requested $1000 down. The allocation period opened September 12. I'm only guessing that's when the order went in.

The first update from my dealer was September 25th stating the parts were being sourced.

Yesterday, October 22nd, I went into "D1" status with a build date of "second week of November" with a tentative mid to late November delivery. I was also finally able to get my VIN.

So, roughly six weeks from order to D1.

Keep this in mind that I only have the information my dealer provides me. Beyond that, I know nothing, except eventually I'll have a new Jeep.
Well that is some better news !! mine was ordered 9/14 ..maybe just maybe we will get an early Christmas present !!
thanks for the info,good luck !!
Bozman
bozman is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-24-2012, 05:11 AM   #2655
Jeeper
 
bozman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ontario
Posts: 60
[QUOTE=liv;2915222]Canadian here, ordered my True Blue 2 Door Sport on 9/14... haven't heard anything from the dealer but was told that it would be 8-9 weeks, fingers crossed![/QUOTE
bozman is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-24-2012, 05:19 AM   #2656
Jeeper
 
bozman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ontario
Posts: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by liv View Post
Do you know what he ordered? Was is something on restriction that pushed his delivery date back?
A 2 door sport gecko 6 speed..not sure of the other options.
bozman is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-24-2012, 05:29 AM   #2657
Jeeper
 
bozman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ontario
Posts: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyPrawn View Post
Why? The delay or push back isn't the fault of the dealer.
I know its no fault of the dealer...but a 5 month wait would at least be worth a oil change or two !! just sayin
bozman is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-24-2012, 05:57 AM   #2658
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 27
Mine showed up at the dealer last night. Closing the deal tonight. Full review of dark saddle leather seats coming soon! Deep cherry red Rubi Unlimited here I come!
Boneman is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-24-2012, 07:10 AM   #2659
Jeeper
 
Lbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 589
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMT Rubi View Post
I see - how would IAMJEEP even give you such information such as the railcar number?
There is a thread here or on the JK-Jeep forum with the details (don't remember where), but Jeep tracks your VIN and has the railcar ID your car is on and knows where it is at all times (with a delay). IAM can tell you that info. directly. For example, mine was in Cheyenne, Wy 2 days ago on its way to the dealer when I last checked.
Lbear is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-24-2012, 07:47 AM   #2660
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 16
Well, VOTS skipped another couple of steps this morning (TRIM and FINAL INSPECTION) and shifted straight to SHIPMENT. Inight's original projected railcar date was today... so it seems it was pretty accurate when I went into D1 back on 10/10.
Displacer is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-24-2012, 08:13 AM   #2661
Newb
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3
Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl 2-Door Sport S

As of right now, it's sitting in a railyard about 5 miles away from me right now. Awaiting delivery. The anticipation is killing me! Ordered late September. Should have it in next 24-48 hours. Hope it's tomorrow because I have a golf tournament on Friday and Saturday is a big day in Norman, OK. (OU-Notre Dame)

Hard Top
Alpine Premium Sound
Connectivity Group

Trading in my '11 Black Sport S Hard Top
Didn't have Alpine Premium Sound or Connectivity Group

Payment staying virtually the same. Jeeps are really cool like that.
Sooner13JK is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-24-2012, 08:23 AM   #2662
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 182
Jumped from d1 to paint this morning. Ordered 9/28. Progress baby, progress.
wiscosolid is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-24-2012, 09:04 AM   #2663
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
etkal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Leominster, MA
Posts: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscosolid View Post
Jumped from d1 to paint this morning. Ordered 9/28. Progress baby, progress.
Mine went to paint yesterday, but it's still showing there today, not sure how often VOTS is updated (all of my notification emails have been at the same time of day). I called IAMJEEP and she said in her system it was showing as D1 and to call back in a couple of days... :-O
__________________

ET ~ (O||||O) ~ W1QED
2013 JK Sport S, Commando Green, 6-spd, 3.73,
Prem soft top, side steps, tow pkg
etkal is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-24-2012, 09:38 AM   #2664
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 29
Unlimited Sport C
Commando Green
Ordered 10/09/12
D1 10/19/12
Estimated ship date 10/25/12

Still can't get Insight to work.......

Waiting. Waiting. Waiting.
JKMOPARMAN is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-24-2012, 09:56 AM   #2665
Newb
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 7
Finally some progress! Mine jumped from D1 to trim today. Guess they didn't forget about me after all
ro1151 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-24-2012, 11:59 AM   #2666
Jeeper
 
LMT Rubi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbear View Post
There is a thread here or on the JK-Jeep forum with the details (don't remember where), but Jeep tracks your VIN and has the railcar ID your car is on and knows where it is at all times (with a delay). IAM can tell you that info. directly. For example, mine was in Cheyenne, Wy 2 days ago on its way to the dealer when I last checked.
Thank you mate!
LMT Rubi is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-24-2012, 12:05 PM   #2667
Jeeper
 
Ubear7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Displacer
Well, VOTS skipped another couple of steps this morning (TRIM and FINAL INSPECTION) and shifted straight to SHIPMENT. Inight's original projected railcar date was today... so it seems it was pretty accurate when I went into D1 back on 10/10.
Same with mine. They must be on the same line.
Ubear7 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-24-2012, 01:38 PM   #2668
Newb
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3
Just got a picture of mine sitting on the truck outside the dealership. Going to pick it up this evening!
Sooner13JK is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-24-2012, 01:45 PM   #2669
Jeeper
 
7th_District's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Northern, MI
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner13JK View Post
Just got a picture of mine sitting on the truck outside the dealership. Going to pick it up this evening!
Congrats. We just picked ours up yesterday.
__________________
2013 Rubicon Unlimited auto Gecko Green
2010 Dodge Charger SRT8 6.1L Hemi Brillant Black
2009 Harley Davidson FLHRC Flame Blue
7th_District is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-24-2012, 03:41 PM   #2670
Jeeper
 
MichiganJeepster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7th_District View Post
Well our JKUR arrived at the dealership on 10/19 and we got to check it out for the first time this past Saturday (10/20). As you can see my wife is pretty geeked.



Hey I found some pics of the Metalcrafters Mesh grille I installed

MichiganJeepster is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:02 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC