2013 JK order waiting room - Page 9 - Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 07-25-2012, 09:20 AM   #241
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 30
Place my order 2 weeks ago. 2013 Wrangler. I can't get any Info on order from Jeep
or Dealer. This will be my 15th Jeep. The last Wrangler I ordered took 29 Days from
Order to driving on Road.. I have no VON or Vin;no mfg date;No ship date.Just can't
get an ans. from anyone.

fbijeep is offline   Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:32 AM   #242
That's no moon

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
hbgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Baseball Town
Posts: 6,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbijeep View Post
Place my order 2 weeks ago. 2013 Wrangler. I can't get any Info on order from Jeep
or Dealer. This will be my 15th Jeep. The last Wrangler I ordered took 29 Days from
Order to driving on Road.. I have no VON or Vin;no mfg date;No ship date.Just can't
get an ans. from anyone.
Did you get a Price Order Confirmation from the dealership? It lists the VON on there. If you didn't leave with anything, makes me wonder if they have even placed the order. If I were you, I'd go back to your salesperson and ask for the POC, and I wouldn't leave without it.

hbgirl is offline   Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:00 AM   #243
Jeeper
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbijeep View Post
Place my order 2 weeks ago. 2013 Wrangler. I can't get any Info on order from Jeep
or Dealer. This will be my 15th Jeep. The last Wrangler I ordered took 29 Days from
Order to driving on Road.. I have no VON or Vin;no mfg date;No ship date.Just can't
get an ans. from anyone.
I don't see why your dealer can't give you a straight answer?? Are they waiting for a new allocation window to open up? Are you ordering some option or color that's not part of the early MY builds?

I ordered my Jeep with the dealer using the online dealer ordering system. Once we hit submit the confirmation w/VON number printed out.
davefr is offline   Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 06:35 AM   #244
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 30
I rec'd a Von from the Dealer Yesterday. But the # is not showing in the Data base.
fbijeep is offline   Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 06:52 AM   #245
That's no moon

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
hbgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Baseball Town
Posts: 6,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbijeep
I rec'd a Von from the Dealer Yesterday. But the # is not showing in the Data base.
Give it a couple days for the system to catch up.
hbgirl is offline   Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:48 AM   #246
Jeeper
 
Geoscene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Moonshine Hill, Texas
Posts: 297
Order was placed on 7-18 and is still just scheduled
__________________
My Flickr photostream:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/19387539@N00/
Geoscene is offline   Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:50 AM   #247
That's no moon

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
hbgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Baseball Town
Posts: 6,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoscene View Post
Order was placed on 7-18 and is still just scheduled
Same here, though I do know that VOTS is slower to update. I haven't even gotten the VIN email yet, but was able to get my VIN after calling 877-IAMJEEP ... now I just call them once a day to see if there's any updates.
hbgirl is offline   Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:39 AM   #248
Jeeper
 
Plasticpirogue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 619
Quote:
Originally Posted by davefr View Post
My production status just changed from "frame" to "trim". I wonder why they skipped "paint".
Must have ordered Billet!
Plasticpirogue is offline   Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:46 AM   #249
Jeeper
 
maleman876's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: ATL
Posts: 112
ordered and got my VON on 7-13.

I called yesterday, no VIN yet, no dates. Pat warned me that the 2 door with manual transmission was going to be slower because of demand and low allocation.
maleman876 is offline   Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:50 AM   #250
Jeeper
 
Plasticpirogue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 619
Just called Jeep. I ordered a Gecko Pearl 2dr 24s Hardtop on July 10th and Jeep has an estimated shipping date of Aug 13th!

Problem is I will be on vacation Aug 16th thru Aug 23 out of the country.

Oh well, I have waited this long, what's another week right?
Plasticpirogue is offline   Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:06 AM   #251
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by maleman876 View Post
ordered and got my VON on 7-13.

I called yesterday, no VIN yet, no dates. Pat warned me that the 2 door with manual transmission was going to be slower because of demand and low allocation.

What was yoru estimated ship date? I ordered the same day with the same style(Sport s with manual, conectivity, power)
jamit500 is offline   Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:44 AM   #252
Jeeper
 
maleman876's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: ATL
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamit500 View Post
What was yoru estimated ship date? I ordered the same day with the same style(Sport s with manual, conectivity, power)
Pat indicated mid-late September I believe
maleman876 is offline   Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 12:34 PM   #253
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by maleman876 View Post
Pat indicated mid-late September I believe

Yeah, so did my dealer. Although when I call customer service, they said an estimated ship date of Aug 21st. I would love the 21st but by waiting till midseptember I can lower my monthly payments by quite a big so I am okay with either one.
jamit500 is offline   Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 01:23 PM   #254
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Maryland
Posts: 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoscene View Post
Order was placed on 7-18 and is still just scheduled
You still probably have a good wait. I ordered mine on 6-11 and it isn't even finished yet.
__________________
'13 Dozer JK Sport
'98 Stone White TJ Sport (Sold)
Dozer13JK is offline   Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 02:55 PM   #255
Jeeper
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 74
Well I would like to believe I was not lied to; but that would mean that my dealer's general manager and the District/Region Chrysler representative don't know anything about customer service or what is going on in Toledo or possibly a computer is running the company and they really have no idea who the right person is to talk to.. It has been over two months without a Jeep that I have been paying for (no I don't want your stupid loaner, I want my Jeep). Supposedly going to get you a replacement, no we can't find one, no we have one, no it got sold out from under us, we are going to order you a new one, no 2012 is closed we will get you a 2013, it will ship 7/23, it shipped 7/23 to storage, it needs a full truck to ship, no it will ship 8/8. WTF, just give me my money back. I will gladly buy something else at this point. You people haven't got a clue!!! Oh and thanks for calling me with updates ( oh, that's right, you didn't. I had to call you to get everyone of these miserable updates). Great Customer Service. Send me the survey please!!!!
GTJeep is offline   Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 05:04 PM   #256
Jeeper
 
PRWhitby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NW Chicago Suburbs
Posts: 394
For those who have commented about VOTS "missing steps" in their notifications. I have a sneaking suspicion that it only gets updated once a day. I was watching mine (way too many times in a day). It spent a day on "Frame". I checked the following morning, around 6:30AM CDT, and it hadn't changed. By the time I got to work (7:45AM), it was now at "Trim". I completely missed the Paint stage. The next morning (6:30 again) - still in "Trim" stage. Again at work it had moved to "Final Inspection". Am guessing it won't change until tomorrow morning.
__________________
- Paul
PRWhitby is offline   Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 05:28 PM   #257
Jeeper
 
StephSH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Southern Ohio
Posts: 424
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbijeep
Place my order 2 weeks ago. 2013 Wrangler. I can't get any Info on order from Jeep
or Dealer. This will be my 15th Jeep. The last Wrangler I ordered took 29 Days from
Order to driving on Road.. I have no VON or Vin;no mfg date;No ship date.Just can't
get an ans. from anyone.
What month did you order your last Wrangler in? I'm wondering if orders early in the model year come faster or slower than orders laster in the model year...
StephSH is offline   Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 06:03 PM   #258
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Maryland
Posts: 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRWhitby View Post
For those who have commented about VOTS "missing steps" in their notifications. I have a sneaking suspicion that it only gets updated once a day. I was watching mine (way too many times in a day). It spent a day on "Frame". I checked the following morning, around 6:30AM CDT, and it hadn't changed. By the time I got to work (7:45AM), it was now at "Trim". I completely missed the Paint stage. The next morning (6:30 again) - still in "Trim" stage. Again at work it had moved to "Final Inspection". Am guessing it won't change until tomorrow morning.
Doubtful. Mine did the same thing until it hit "final inspection". Been stuck there for 3 days now.
__________________
'13 Dozer JK Sport
'98 Stone White TJ Sport (Sold)
Dozer13JK is offline   Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 06:58 PM   #259
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: DC area
Posts: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dozer13JK View Post
Doubtful. Mine did the same thing until it hit "final inspection". Been stuck there for 3 days now.
Great......so I've got that to look forward to. Today was day 1 in final inspection. Was supposed to have been shipped out today. This waiting sux.
Fishinfool is offline   Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:05 PM   #260
Jeeper
 
Magichelmt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Huntsville
Posts: 289
I placed my order 7-1-12 & was told by the dealer my order would be picked up out of the Que on the 7th (in case I wanted to change anything). He gave me a printout with the VON that day. I got a link off this thread and put in the VON and my last name on the 14th. It has said scheduled for production since then. Today I called the jeep number and the guy told me it should start next week (8-4-12) and ship around 8 days later. Is he right? Who knows. I cannot wait to get my ordered Jeep so I can start making mods! I love driving the one I have, but I am anxiously waiting.
Magichelmt is offline   Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:05 PM   #261
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 49
Pictures of a delivered 2013 Sahara JKU posted in the 2013 Information Thread few hours ago. Looks great unless you look at the wheels; they are almost identical to 2012. Massive disappointment. Hopefully the Rubicon wheels will be closer to the sneak peaks we have all seen.
fan4524 is offline   Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:34 AM   #262
Jeeper
 
Utahpete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Moab, UT
Posts: 155
VOTS shows Shipment for my Jeep after two days of final inspection. I would think I would be able to pick it up at the dealer in less than two weeks now.
Ordered 6/18

Really looking forward to it now

Pete
Utahpete is offline   Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 09:14 AM   #263
Jeeper
 
MajRager's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: SE Pa
Posts: 112
Hi. New member here with a question on ordering. I'm about to pull the trigger on a new 2013 and have never ordered a vehicle. Always just bought off the lot. Based on what I've read here so far, I've gone ahead and joined Tread Lightly so I can get the 1% off invoice. Now when I walk into the dealership, am I going to get the options I want at invoice price? Just curious if they're going to charge MSRP for the options and then say the invoice only applies to the base price of the vehicle. Sorry for the newb question guys. It's just that I want to know if the salesman is BS'ing or not.
MajRager is offline   Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:20 AM   #264
Jeeper
 
Ivoryring's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajRager View Post
Hi. New member here with a question on ordering. I'm about to pull the trigger on a new 2013 and have never ordered a vehicle. Always just bought off the lot. Based on what I've read here so far, I've gone ahead and joined Tread Lightly so I can get the 1% off invoice. Now when I walk into the dealership, am I going to get the options I want at invoice price? Just curious if they're going to charge MSRP for the options and then say the invoice only applies to the base price of the vehicle. Sorry for the newb question guys. It's just that I want to know if the salesman is BS'ing or not.
1% of is for the base vehicle and for all factory options. It doesn't cover destination charge, tax, title, dealer doc fees, initial gas in tank. As far as I know, dealer installed options aren't covered either, but I could be wrong on that.
Ivoryring is offline   Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:49 AM   #265
Jeeper
 
MajRager's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: SE Pa
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivoryring View Post
1% of is for the base vehicle and for all factory options. It doesn't cover destination charge, tax, title, dealer doc fees, initial gas in tank. As far as I know, dealer installed options aren't covered either, but I could be wrong on that.
Great. That's what I thought. Thanks.
MajRager is offline   Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:51 AM   #266
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Iowa
Posts: 36
finally got vin today

dealer is estimating 6 weeks, the unit will not begin assembly until 8-1-12 (at the earliest) per the dealer.
__________________
Black 13 JKU, Sahara, 6spd, max tow 3.73, alpine, auto climate, bigger tires w/spacers in future.
dsmwrangler is offline   Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:52 AM   #267
Jeeper
 
Ivoryring's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 639
By the way - Tread Lightly discount applies the same way no matter if you purchase from dealer stock or if you place a factory order. Also if you qualify for any rebates at the time of delivery, those apply as well. I understand there are some $500 recent college grad rebates, for example - so if I understand the whole process that would be $500 off AFTER your Tread Lightly discount has been applied. As long as you got the 3yr Tread Lightly, you can buy up to 2 vehicles per year at the 1% under invoice rate.

Shop around for dealers.

When I was shopping for my 2013, the big difference from dealer to dealer was the 'dealer documentation fee'. Some were over $300 plus the $75 Tread Lightly program processing fee. The ~1hr drive from home dealer I went with A.) has sales staff as active members of local off road forums and B.) charged less than half the total 'dealer fees'. My very closest local dealer also did not inspire confidence that they actually are interested in educating buyers about the order process or about Wranglers in general.
Ivoryring is offline   Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 01:39 PM   #268
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: DC area
Posts: 165
I just walked into the dealer and said that Pat at Fields Jeep was willing to give me 2% off invoice including my tread lightly membership and they had to match that to get my business. They did with no problem. The options are at invoice too so it's 2% off the total build invoice price. Then you add taxes, tags f'ing destination fee which should be built into the price in my opinion, gas etc.

Got my "shipped" email from Jeep this morning. I was only one day in "final inspection" state so good stuff there. Called the dealer and it is expected in on the 8th of August so shipped from Toledo on the 26th of July and to be received at the dealer on August 8th. That's 13 days for those counting.

And no I did not hang Pat out to dry here....he and I talked and based on my trade and moving my mods over to the new Jeep it was better to deal locally. Thanks for helping Pat! You were great to talk to on the phone and great help. Jim.
Fishinfool is offline   Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 02:03 PM   #269
Jeeper
 
MajRager's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: SE Pa
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivoryring
By the way - Tread Lightly discount applies the same way no matter if you purchase from dealer stock or if you place a factory order. Also if you qualify for any rebates at the time of delivery, those apply as well. I understand there are some $500 recent college grad rebates, for example - so if I understand the whole process that would be $500 off AFTER your Tread Lightly discount has been applied. As long as you got the 3yr Tread Lightly, you can buy up to 2 vehicles per year at the 1% under invoice rate.

Shop around for dealers.

When I was shopping for my 2013, the big difference from dealer to dealer was the 'dealer documentation fee'. Some were over $300 plus the $75 Tread Lightly program processing fee. The ~1hr drive from home dealer I went with A.) has sales staff as active members of local off road forums and B.) charged less than half the total 'dealer fees'. My very closest local dealer also did not inspire confidence that they actually are interested in educating buyers about the order process or about Wranglers in general.
Thanks for the info...I just got my packet yesterday from Tread Lightly. And have been crunching numbers using the info from the spreadsheet on post 1. So we'll see how the dealer responds to ordering instead of buying off the lot. Trying to gather as much info as I can beforehand.
__________________
End Transmission. We now return you to your regularly scheduled program.
MajRager is offline   Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 05:11 PM   #270
Jeeper
 
FreefallRocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Mid TN
Posts: 318
Joining the ranks

1st post, 1st Jeep. Placed my order this morning, got my VON, and now the waiting begins on my first Jeep ever. Getting rid of a Tundra for it and while I had mixed emotions on downsizing at first, I'm pretty excited about rolling into the Jeep world. Build is as follows:

Sport S 2 door
True Blue
24S package
A/C
Tow package
3.73 gears
Anti-spin rear diff
Power convenience group
Alpine system option

$26,125 before affiliate discounts (USAA, mil, etc)

While I'm losing towing capacity big-time, as well as hauling capacity, I don't really have a need for the big truck anymore, and I'm looking forward to the 5mpg jump in gas mileage (averaged 14.6 last year) as well as the more nimble handling. Love my Yota but cant wait to get into this!

FreefallRocks is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:55 PM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC