OK - I have read what seems like every thread on every forum and am now about to pull the trigger on my wheels/lift - tell me why i'm making the wrong choices.....
2013 JKU (ok, i admit it, i have kids....) Sport, Auto 3.73 gears, no options (except UConnect)
i'm in Norcal so pismo, hollister, rubicon, moab etc. are all on the list. i don't need to be rubicon capable day 1, but i dont want to install stuff i'll need to take off and replace later. it'll be a daily driver, but just around town, not much freeway - doors/roof will be off almost all the time.
- i've done lots of the easy/boring cosmetic stuff while i've been reading up on lifts etc. (tube doors, mirror relo, bikini top, hood latches, F+R seat heaters, trek armor seat covers, speaker upgrade, welcome distributing handles, grill mesh, cargo mats, dead pedal, molle tailgate....)
i'm gonna wait on bumpers, tire carrier and rockers (probably PS), and lights, air, winch etc. but now it's time for phase 2
- rock krawler 3.5 X Factor midarm
- fox 2.0 shocks
- exhaust relo
- bump stops
- stay with factory driveshafts and replace if/when they break.
- 17" wheels - i really like the 17" hutchinson rock monsters in black (pricey, but oh well....)
- Nitto Trail grappler MTs 35x12.50R17LT
obviously this isn't the cheapest list of components, but I want something that lasts, is right the first time, and I can add to over time without having to replace everything. I imagine I'll end up with 37s, new axles, regear, lockers & flared fenders in a couple of years.
have i made some bad decisions here or is this a sensible path?