2013 Wrangler information thread - Page 103 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 07-24-2012, 05:44 PM   #3061
Sponsoring Vendor
 
pat@fieldsauto.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Glenview
Posts: 3,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by panthermark
I am not looking forward to the trade in dance again. Ugggg....

Went through it with a couple of dealers in December for my Libby, but things never worked out...while at the same time doing trading in the (now) wife's Mazda 6 for her new Rav4.

I may consider going private...or back to CarMax.
Just get your behind in here and I'll make the numbers right. IIRC I owe you that.

__________________
Patrick O'Donnell(Pat@Fieldsauto.com)
Fields Chrysler Jeep Dodge │ 2800 Patriot Blvd│ Glenview, IL 60026
847-446-5100 main│ 847-881-8313 direct
pat@fieldsauto.comFieldsChryslerJeepDodge.com
Have Questions About A New Jeep Purchase? CLICK HERE
pat@fieldsauto.com is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-24-2012, 05:49 PM   #3062
Jeeper
 
robskully's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Nashua, NH
Posts: 770
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdad View Post
I was given a signed P&S the day I put the deposit down.
+1
Rob ......

robskully is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-24-2012, 06:00 PM   #3063
Jeeper
 
AlphabetHoops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 70
Dang. I canNOT believe how many dealers are not responding to my email requests for quotes. Grrrr. At least I have one working with me, but it would be much better to have other quotes for comparison. And one guy who was super-friendly and informative over the phone just sent me a "My manager said..." email. And those three words made the rest of his email suspect.
AlphabetHoops is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-24-2012, 06:30 PM   #3064
Jeeper
 
StephSH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Southern Ohio
Posts: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphabetHoops
Dang. I canNOT believe how many dealers are not responding to my email requests for quotes. Grrrr. At least I have one working with me, but it would be much better to have other quotes for comparison. And one guy who was super-friendly and informative over the phone just sent me a "My manager said..." email. And those three words made the rest of his email suspect.
I called four dealers and talked to a salesperson at each dealer, asked if I could send a list of what I wanted and have them send me a quote. All four said yes. Two emailed me back, one called, and one didnt respond. ALL of them mentioned their sales managers, so I dont know if sales people have to run everything past the managers now or what, but that seems to be common.

Did you call the dealers to get a sales persons name first or did you just send emails through their web portals?
StephSH is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-24-2012, 06:47 PM   #3065
Jeeper
 
AlphabetHoops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 70
I met with 1 dealer sales person, spoke on the phone to 2 other dealer sales people. and received two "How are you" messages from a 4th dealership. I thought my interactions with the one I've met in person were "iffy," but now they're looking like the most reliable. I'm disappointed because I truly was impressed by one guy I spoke to on the phone and would have driven (the admittedly short distance) of 45 minutes to go pick up a Jeep. As it is, I'm now leaning towards the dealer who's closest to my home.
AlphabetHoops is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-24-2012, 06:50 PM   #3066
Jeeper
 
AlphabetHoops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 70
Is there an error on the spreadsheet, or did my sales rep use the wrong numbers?
The spreadsheet says that "MX1 Body Color 3-Piece Hard Top" is:
Invoice: $1,598 MSRP $1,795

And my sales rep sent me
FWP: $890 MSRP $1,000

(Is "FWP" the same as "Invoice"? I think not, but regardless, MSRP should match...)

Actually, there are other numbers that don't match, also. His Base MSRP for a 2013 4x4 Sahara is $27,695, whereas the spreadsheet uses $28,620.

His quote for all my options at the AFP seems really low...(I know. I shouldn't question such a thing, right?)

Edited: Okay. His numbers are off. The spreadsheet MSRP numbers match those on the USAA web site. Now I'm starting to think he's off his rocker...but in the nicest way possible...
AlphabetHoops is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-24-2012, 06:53 PM   #3067
Sponsoring Vendor
 
pat@fieldsauto.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Glenview
Posts: 3,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphabetHoops
Is there an error on the spreadsheet, or did my sales rep use the wrong numbers?
The spreadsheet says that "MX1 Body Color 3-Piece Hard Top" is:
Invoice: $1,598 MSRP $1,795

And my sales rep sent me
FWP: $890 MSRP $1,000

(Is "FWP" the same as "Invoice"? I think not, but regardless, MSRP should match...)
FWP is invoice.
__________________
Patrick O'Donnell(Pat@Fieldsauto.com)
Fields Chrysler Jeep Dodge │ 2800 Patriot Blvd│ Glenview, IL 60026
847-446-5100 main│ 847-881-8313 direct
pat@fieldsauto.comFieldsChryslerJeepDodge.com
Have Questions About A New Jeep Purchase? CLICK HERE
pat@fieldsauto.com is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-24-2012, 06:55 PM   #3068
Jeeper
 
StephSH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Southern Ohio
Posts: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphabetHoops
I met with 1 dealer sales person, spoke on the phone to 2 other dealer sales people. and received two "How are you" messages from a 4th dealership. I thought my interactions with the one I've met in person were "iffy," but now they're looking like the most reliable. I'm disappointed because I truly was impressed by one guy I spoke to on the phone and would have driven (the admittedly short distance) of 45 minutes to go pick up a Jeep. As it is, I'm now leaning towards the dealer who's closest to my home.
I would maybe try one other dealer, but that's just me. I live in Southern Ohio so the dealers were in 4 different towns, but like you said, a good deal would have bee worth the drive.
StephSH is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-24-2012, 07:20 PM   #3069
Jeeper
 
SURGE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: North Vancouver, BC
Posts: 226
Just about to place my order. Can someone confirm what I need my dealer to do to track my vehicle? Does he need to input my e-mail with the order? Or just give me the VON/VIN when he has it. I am in Canada, so want to make sure that https://www.chrysler.com/vots/ is valid for my order too. My dealer has been clueless, fortunately I was not thanks to all the info found here. Thanks!
SURGE is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-24-2012, 07:23 PM   #3070
THW
Jeeper
 
THW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Litchfield Hills area, Connecticut
Posts: 780
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphabetHoops View Post
Is there an error on the spreadsheet, or did my sales rep use the wrong numbers?
The spreadsheet says that "MX1 Body Color 3-Piece Hard Top" is:
Invoice: $1,598 MSRP $1,795

And my sales rep sent me
FWP: $890 MSRP $1,000

(Is "FWP" the same as "Invoice"? I think not, but regardless, MSRP should match...)

Actually, there are other numbers that don't match, also. His Base MSRP for a 2013 4x4 Sahara is $27,695, whereas the spreadsheet uses $28,620.

His quote for all my options at the AFP seems really low...(I know. I shouldn't question such a thing, right?)

Edited: Okay. His numbers are off. The spreadsheet MSRP numbers match those on the USAA web site. Now I'm starting to think he's off his rocker...but in the nicest way possible...
The difference between the 27,695 and 28,620 is the destination fee ($925), which I believe is already included in the spreadsheet base price. Regarding the hard top, I have no idea where he got those numbers from!
__________________
2013 Sport S Unlimited, Black
THW is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-24-2012, 08:09 PM   #3071
Jeeper
 
SURGE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: North Vancouver, BC
Posts: 226
My dealer here in Canada has just let me know that Commando is now in his system available to order.
SURGE is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-24-2012, 08:10 PM   #3072
Jeeper
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphabetHoops View Post
The spreadsheet says that "MX1 Body Color 3-Piece Hard Top" is:
Invoice: $1,598 MSRP $1,795

And my sales rep sent me
FWP: $890 MSRP $1,000
The price is $1795 / $1598.

If ordered with the Dual Top Group the price is $1000 / $890
Milous is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-24-2012, 08:12 PM   #3073
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: west michigan
Posts: 27
Would the low price for the colored top mean that you are already getting a dual top ? The lower price would be the upcharge for replacing the black top with a colored one ?
dncswithdogs is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-24-2012, 08:13 PM   #3074
Jeeper
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelem View Post
My dealer here in Canada has just let me know that Commando is now in his system available to order.
Commando and Billet both opened for orders in Canada about a week ago. There is a $100 surcharge for Billet.
Milous is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-24-2012, 08:14 PM   #3075
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: west michigan
Posts: 27
That Milous fella sure is fast
dncswithdogs is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-24-2012, 08:30 PM   #3076
Jeeper
 
SURGE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: North Vancouver, BC
Posts: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milous View Post
Commando and Billet both opened for orders in Canada about a week ago. There is a $100 surcharge for Billet.
Oops, must have missed that info. I guess I have wasted a week...
SURGE is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-24-2012, 08:30 PM   #3077
Jeeper
 
scipio337's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,241
Quote:
Originally Posted by dncswithdogs View Post
Would the low price for the colored top mean that you are already getting a dual top ? The lower price would be the upcharge for replacing the black top with a colored one ?
+1. What does one gain by ordering the body color top AND dual top options?
scipio337 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-24-2012, 08:33 PM   #3078
Jeeper
 
umk4zack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 142
When contacting dealers for quotes, should you let them know if you are a TL member before receiving your quote or would it better to just not say anything until after you receive a quote.
umk4zack is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-24-2012, 08:36 PM   #3079
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 21
Waiting for Dune......placed my order in B.C. with everything but color ....put in silver i think.....if Commando is available, has anyolne seen it?......hoping Dune isnt far behind.
jetporsche928 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-24-2012, 08:36 PM   #3080
Jeeper
 
Chewbone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by umk4zack View Post
When contacting dealers for quotes, should you let them know if you are a TL member before receiving your quote or would it better to just not say anything until after you receive a quote.
I just told them that I was using the affiliate discount plus the military discount, and asked them if they could improve on that deal. I also made sure to specify that they give me the total price including all fees, short of state sales tax. That made it a lot easier to spot what my total cost was going to be. You'll need to let them know what city, state, and county you'll be titling it in.
Chewbone is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-24-2012, 08:45 PM   #3081
Jeeper
 
BruiSSer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: LA <---> PHX
Posts: 27
Do we know if the receiver hitch installed from the factory in the max tow package is bolted, or welded in?
__________________
-- Justin --

- 2013 Dozer JKUS (6spd, manual, Alpine, etc, etc)
- 1999 Yamaha V-star Custom
BruiSSer is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-24-2012, 08:55 PM   #3082
Jeeper
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by scipio337

+1. What does one gain by ordering the body color top AND dual top options?
The soft top.
CPSOX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-24-2012, 08:57 PM   #3083
Jeeper
 
StephSH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Southern Ohio
Posts: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by umk4zack
When contacting dealers for quotes, should you let them know if you are a TL member before receiving your quote or would it better to just not say anything until after you receive a quote.
You definitely want to let them know up front so they can cut through any BS and get the best possible price from the start.
StephSH is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-24-2012, 09:03 PM   #3084
Jeeper
 
AlphabetHoops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 70
Good eye, THW! The difference is the Destination Fee ($925). I've got to get the nice man to send me an invoice with all the costs for the purchase. But first, I'm going to try an extract a quote from at least one other dealer. If I can find one...
AlphabetHoops is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-24-2012, 09:14 PM   #3085
Jeeper
 
tsnell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Canton, GA
Posts: 126
Worse than a young boy waiting for Christmas

New Member,
Placed my JKU Rubicon order on 7-2-12. Got my Vin number and waiting for production. Meanwhile my Garage is filling up with accessories I can only look at. Winch, Bumpers, Wheels & Tires, Lift, Floor mats, lights, Light trim, If this thing doesn't get here soon my wife is going to shoot me.

· Wrangler Unlimited Rubiconor/Trim/Seating
o PW7 - Bright White Clear Coat
o *AL - Leather Trimmed Bucket Seats
o –X9 - Black Powertrain
o ERB - 3.6L V6 24V VVT Engine
o DGJ - 5-Speed Auto W5A580 Transmission Other(s)
o 24R - Customer Preferred Package 24R Comfort, Convenience
o HAB - Air Conditioning w/Auto Temp Control
o AAJ - Connectivity Group Additional Features/Packages
o AEM - Dual Top Group
o XBM - Remote Start System
o AHQ - Max Tow Package Sound Systems
o RHR - Uconnect 730N CD/DVD/MP3/HDD/NAV
JPM – Heated Front Seats
tsnell is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-24-2012, 09:43 PM   #3086
rotaredoM

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
panthermark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago-land
Posts: 9,575
Images: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by pat@fieldsauto.com View Post
Just get your behind in here and I'll make the numbers right. IIRC I owe you that.
Yup....

But that drive really sucks!
panthermark is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-24-2012, 09:49 PM   #3087
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 157
I want to simultaneously:
- charge my iPhone 4S
- play music from it
- have the passenger control what's playing from the iPhone interface
- I do not want to control what is playing from the head unit

1) Can this all be done with the base head unit? (I know I'll have to plug the phone into the aux port)
2) Would the experience be improved by adding the connectivity package?

Thanks!
93TilInfinity is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-24-2012, 09:59 PM   #3088
Sponsoring Vendor
 
pat@fieldsauto.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Glenview
Posts: 3,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by panthermark

Yup....

But that drive really sucks!
I know but I'll make it worth your time.
__________________
Patrick O'Donnell(Pat@Fieldsauto.com)
Fields Chrysler Jeep Dodge │ 2800 Patriot Blvd│ Glenview, IL 60026
847-446-5100 main│ 847-881-8313 direct
pat@fieldsauto.comFieldsChryslerJeepDodge.com
Have Questions About A New Jeep Purchase? CLICK HERE
pat@fieldsauto.com is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-24-2012, 10:11 PM   #3089
Jeeper
 
Jackster3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 1,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsnell View Post
New Member,
Placed my JKU Rubicon order on 7-2-12. Got my Vin number and waiting for production. Meanwhile my Garage is filling up with accessories I can only look at. Winch, Bumpers, Wheels & Tires, Lift, Floor mats, lights, Light trim, If this thing doesn't get here soon my wife is going to shoot me.

· Wrangler Unlimited Rubiconor/Trim/Seating
o PW7 - Bright White Clear Coat
o *AL - Leather Trimmed Bucket Seats
o –X9 - Black Powertrain
o ERB - 3.6L V6 24V VVT Engine
o DGJ - 5-Speed Auto W5A580 Transmission Other(s)
o 24R - Customer Preferred Package 24R Comfort, Convenience
o HAB - Air Conditioning w/Auto Temp Control
o AAJ - Connectivity Group Additional Features/Packages
o AEM - Dual Top Group
o XBM - Remote Start System
o AHQ - Max Tow Package Sound Systems
o RHR - Uconnect 730N CD/DVD/MP3/HDD/NAV
JPM – Heated Front Seats
When is yours scheduled to arrive?
Jackster3 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-24-2012, 10:19 PM   #3090
Newb
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 6
2013 jkur

My 2013 crush unlimited rubicon was scheduled for build on the 25th. It has already been built and is awaiting final inspection. Scott

wideglide10 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:26 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC