2013 Wrangler information thread - Page 192 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 08-20-2012, 04:56 PM   #5731
Jeeper
 
Geoscene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Moonshine Hill, Texas
Posts: 297
Images: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinit View Post
This waiting is harder than I thought.
You can say that again!

__________________
My Flickr photostream:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/19387539@N00/
Geoscene is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-20-2012, 04:56 PM   #5732
Jeeper
 
Fellows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphabetHoops

Thank you! I'm sure someone will provide details about the added inspection because I clearly have no idea what it's about. But I will shed some light on it by explaining that somewhere in the thousands of posts in this thread, someone complained about a delay in shipment because their Jeep was selected for a random x-point inspection. That's all I know. I understood not liking the delay, but having one's new vehicle extra-inspected didn't/doesn't sound like a bad thing to me.

Now...hopefully someone will provide more information about it...

-Lorene
For what it's worth, I think "being selected for 100% quality inspection" is code for "we messed up your Jeep and we have some body work to do".

Fellows is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-20-2012, 05:04 PM   #5733
Jeeper
 
Fellows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark b

I would do cloth. If you are going to have the top down a lot or do any 4 wheeling I would keep it cloth. The leather seats on here look beautiful but I can only imagine what they might look like in 5 years of wetness and grime. My TJ has a leather steering wheel and it's not a pretty sight, but it sure was nice when new. I guess you can always have the leather re-done someday.
I was thinking the same thing. My old cloth seats looked a lot better after 12 years then my old leather seats did in 7 years. Leather tends to get beat up pretty easy. I'm kinda surprised its even offered on Wranglers. It seems to be popular here though.
Fellows is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-20-2012, 05:29 PM   #5734
Jeeper
 
camnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by camnut View Post
I picked up my 13 JKU yesterday and didnt realize till i got home that i only have the front slush mats. Doesn't seem right to give only the front and not the rear one for 85 bucks. I could of ordered online had i not assumed

Anyone know if you only get the fronts when ordering the mats with the jeep or did they forget my rear one?
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvel2edge View Post
I got the slush mats with my 2013. I have the rear, they forgot it in yours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pat@fieldsauto.com View Post
x2
talked to the dealership today, got the answer i hoped they wouldn't say.. dealer told me the slush mats are only front driver and passenger
camnut is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-20-2012, 05:49 PM   #5735
Jeeper
 
keschete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by camnut View Post
talked to the dealership today, got the answer i hoped they wouldn't say.. dealer told me the slush mats are only front driver and passenger
How much did you pay for them? Because if it was more than about $50 then you know they messed up. I am not 100% sure, because mine are 3 years old, but I want to say the dealer charged me about $50 for just the fronts. I thought the option for the factory slush mats was $80???

I might be completely wrong with my numbers, I am sure someone will correct me....

Amazon has the fronts for $45 and the front and back for $65...

So if you paid $80 as an option somebody needs to give your money back or give you the damn rear mats. I would be pissed off.

I am selling mine with my Jeep. I actually find that they don't stay clean and you can't vacuum the dust off of them. I am a clean freak and I am going to get some mats that are easier to clean....
__________________
2013 JK Rubicon
2006 SRT 10, 2002 Z06
keschete is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-20-2012, 05:59 PM   #5736
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 201
Ok just got a phone call from my sales person at Westbury jeep... I was halfway to my car to start driving there and it turns out he called me to ask me if I know when the car is scheduled to be delivered.......... Are they joking????? Wow... I am shocked... I was like you are asking me? Shouldn't you be telling me where it is? Its like the blind leading the blind..
daavid3 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-20-2012, 06:06 PM   #5737
Jeeper
 
keschete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by daavid3 View Post
Ok just got a phone call from my sales person at Westbury jeep... I was halfway to my car to start driving there and it turns out he called me to ask me if I know when the car is scheduled to be delivered.......... Are they joking????? Wow... I am shocked... I was like you are asking me? Shouldn't you be telling me where it is? Its like the blind leading the blind..
Poor babe, you are gonna have a stroke or a nervous breakdown before this is all over. Tell them to go get the thing in NJ at the rail yard.
__________________
2013 JK Rubicon
2006 SRT 10, 2002 Z06
keschete is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-20-2012, 06:10 PM   #5738
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by keschete View Post
Poor babe, you are gonna have a stroke or a nervous breakdown before this is all over. Tell them to go get the thing in NJ at the rail yard.
Oh no.. I am fine... BUT
I would like to be placed in a self induced coma and woken up when it is time for me to take delivery.
daavid3 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-20-2012, 06:14 PM   #5739
Jeeper
 
KittyPrawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Fairfax, VA
Posts: 2,116
Images: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by daavid3 View Post
Ok just got a phone call from my sales person at Westbury jeep... I was halfway to my car to start driving there and it turns out he called me to ask me if I know when the car is scheduled to be delivered.......... Are they joking????? Wow... I am shocked... I was like you are asking me? Shouldn't you be telling me where it is? Its like the blind leading the blind..
It sounds like your dealer was called by IAMJEEP after you called them too many times! They thought it might be fun for him to ask you like you ask them!
__________________
Deb
2013 True Blue JKU Rubicon Goodbye Pontiac!
I drive a 4 door. There is more space for bacon inside.
KittyPrawn is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-20-2012, 06:16 PM   #5740
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyPrawn View Post
It sounds like your dealer was called by IAMJEEP after you called them too many times! They thought it might be fun for him to ask you like you ask them!
Hahaha my dealer was calling me for a status update on my jeep order
daavid3 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-20-2012, 06:18 PM   #5741
Jeeper
 
KittyPrawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Fairfax, VA
Posts: 2,116
Images: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellows View Post
I was thinking the same thing. My old cloth seats looked a lot better after 12 years then my old leather seats did in 7 years. Leather tends to get beat up pretty easy. I'm kinda surprised its even offered on Wranglers. It seems to be popular here though.
My dog sheds... a lot... It is 1000 times easier to clean his fur off the leather in my man's jeep than the cloth in my car. In fact, I feel for the dealership because I can't vacuum it out anymore. Most of it is stuck in the cloth.

For that reason alone, the leather is worth it to me. I'd end up paying money for seat covers on cloth anyway. Now I won't have to spend money on covers for another 5 years unless I want a specific look.
__________________
Deb
2013 True Blue JKU Rubicon Goodbye Pontiac!
I drive a 4 door. There is more space for bacon inside.
KittyPrawn is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-20-2012, 06:23 PM   #5742
Jeeper
 
keschete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyPrawn View Post
My dog sheds... a lot... It is 1000 times easier to clean his fur off the leather in my man's jeep than the cloth in my car. In fact, I feel for the dealership because I can't vacuum it out anymore. Most of it is stuck in the cloth.

For that reason alone, the leather is worth it to me. I'd end up paying money for seat covers on cloth anyway. Now I won't have to spend money on covers for another 5 years unless I want a specific look.
Amen! I rescue dogs and dogs LOVE Jeeps. I had a Rhodesian Rigeback for a week that loved to ride and I have cloth now. The 2009 JK has this weird cloth that the hairs get trapped in...ugh!!! I have to put a blanket on the seat to keep the hair from getting stuck. The leather should be 100 times better!!!

If anyone is looking for a Ridgeback, he is available through Ridgeback rescue!!!
__________________
2013 JK Rubicon
2006 SRT 10, 2002 Z06
keschete is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-20-2012, 06:35 PM   #5743
Jeeper
 
KittyPrawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Fairfax, VA
Posts: 2,116
Images: 2
So, fun thing... you can build & price 2013s on the Jeep site now without changing the page. I figured they would fix this bug from a few days ago, but I guess not.

If you use that page, you cannot purchase an automatic JKU Rubicon with leather seats. If you want leather seats, it goes back to manual.

I didn't test it with other trims and such, but yeah.
__________________
Deb
2013 True Blue JKU Rubicon Goodbye Pontiac!
I drive a 4 door. There is more space for bacon inside.
KittyPrawn is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-20-2012, 06:54 PM   #5744
Jeeper
 
Fellows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by camnut

talked to the dealership today, got the answer i hoped they wouldn't say.. dealer told me the slush mats are only front driver and passenger
That sucks. Your dealer is clueless. The slush mats are an all or nothing add on. When I build and price a Jeep on the website there isn't an option for half of the slush mats. Everybody else got front and back slush mats. I'd be sure to let him know you'll be getting service elsewhere for the life of the Jeep. All so he could save $50.
Fellows is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-20-2012, 06:55 PM   #5745
Jeeper
 
sharkey969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by camnut

talked to the dealership today, got the answer i hoped they wouldn't say.. dealer told me the slush mats are only front driver and passenger
I have both front and rear slush mats it was $75 on the window sticker
sharkey969 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-20-2012, 06:59 PM   #5746
Jeeper
 
StephSH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Southern Ohio
Posts: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by daavid3
Ok just got a phone call from my sales person at Westbury jeep... I was halfway to my car to start driving there and it turns out he called me to ask me if I know when the car is scheduled to be delivered.......... Are they joking????? Wow... I am shocked... I was like you are asking me? Shouldn't you be telling me where it is? Its like the blind leading the blind..
No one seems to know where mine is either, was supposed to be at the dealer at 3am today...
StephSH is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-20-2012, 07:00 PM   #5747
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by keschete View Post
Amen! I rescue dogs and dogs LOVE Jeeps. I had a Rhodesian Rigeback for a week that loved to ride and I have cloth now. The 2009 JK has this weird cloth that the hairs get trapped in...ugh!!! I have to put a blanket on the seat to keep the hair from getting stuck. The leather should be 100 times better!!!

If anyone is looking for a Ridgeback, he is available through Ridgeback rescue!!!
Love Ridgebacks but unfortunately it would not be fair to keep one in NYC.
__________________
-----------
1992 YK 4.0 ... sold
2013 JKUS Black, black leather, auto, 3:73, 730N.
Patrick001 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-20-2012, 07:38 PM   #5748
Jeeper
 
StephSH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Southern Ohio
Posts: 408
Cruise Control??

Stupid question considering my JKU is due to be delivered any day now, but is cruise control standard? It is not on the window sticker, but it was not on my 2011 window sticker either and the 2011 had it... both are Sports with the S package....2011 was an Auto, 2013 is Manual....
StephSH is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-20-2012, 07:42 PM   #5749
Jeeper
 
mojave_scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Las Vegas, NV / Mid-Michigan
Posts: 61
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4131396167.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	152186

The new yellow stitching for Sahara is amazing with black interior & dozer!! For anyone on the fence about it, I advise to go see in person.
mojave_scorpion is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-20-2012, 07:49 PM   #5750
Jeeper
 
scuba_steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellows View Post
I was thinking the same thing. My old cloth seats looked a lot better after 12 years then my old leather seats did in 7 years. Leather tends to get beat up pretty easy. I'm kinda surprised its even offered on Wranglers. It seems to be popular here though.
The cloth seats in my 11 year-old TJ still look new...EXCEPT for the vinyl on the side of the drivers seat, that has one large crack at a flex point. I wish the sides were cloth too. In fact, my seats look better than the leather seats in my wife's 6 year-old Lexus.

The new Jeep leather seats look very nice, but for this reason, I would probably go with cloth.
scuba_steve is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-20-2012, 07:50 PM   #5751
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 16
Is there a thread on here talking about 13 "deals you have received" and dealers that are really working with purchasers? Just curious as to what is a good price on a 13.

I am new and still shopping but it appears that I may be able to order a 13 for $750 below invoice. Seemed too good to be true. I was really shopping for a 12 but for that price I thought I could get exactly what I want in a 13.
goin2drt is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-20-2012, 07:51 PM   #5752
Jeeper
 
keschete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephSH View Post
Stupid question considering my JKU is due to be delivered any day now, but is cruise control standard? It is not on the window sticker, but it was not on my 2011 window sticker either and the 2011 had it... both are Sports with the S package....2011 was an Auto, 2013 is Manual....
Yes, standard.
__________________
2013 JK Rubicon
2006 SRT 10, 2002 Z06
keschete is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-20-2012, 07:52 PM   #5753
Jeeper
 
keschete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojave_scorpion View Post
Attachment 152186

The new yellow stitching for Sahara is amazing with black interior & dozer!! For anyone on the fence about it, I advise to go see in person.
Is that yours?????
__________________
2013 JK Rubicon
2006 SRT 10, 2002 Z06
keschete is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-20-2012, 07:55 PM   #5754
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephSH View Post
No one seems to know where mine is either, was supposed to be at the dealer at 3am today...
they are stealing jeeps now.. what is this world coming to?
daavid3 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-20-2012, 07:55 PM   #5755
Jeeper
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojave_scorpion View Post
Attachment 152186

The new yellow stitching for Sahara is amazing with black interior & dozer!! For anyone on the fence about it, I advise to go see in person.

Thanks for that photo - It does look amazing here!!
AJ23 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-20-2012, 07:57 PM   #5756
Jeeper
 
mojave_scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Las Vegas, NV / Mid-Michigan
Posts: 61
Yeah, I got a the paperwork done but can't drive it home until tomorrow mid-morning since they have to finish some prep work from the wheel swap. I love the black altitude wheels & the 2012 bright silver altitude they had looks really nice with the '13 Sahara silver wheels so it was a win-win.
mojave_scorpion is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-20-2012, 08:09 PM   #5757
Jeeper
 
StephSH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Southern Ohio
Posts: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by keschete View Post
Yes, standard.
Thanks :-) It wasnt on a list of Standard Equipment that had been posted a gazillion posts back, and it wasnt in the first page info.... I think I've been trolling this board too long, LOL
StephSH is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-20-2012, 08:10 PM   #5758
Jeeper
 
StephSH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Southern Ohio
Posts: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by daavid3 View Post
they are stealing jeeps now.. what is this world coming to?
Looks like we need to put a posse together and go after 'em

Or we could just accept that the whole process is flawed and we might be a teensy tiny bit obsessed.... I vote for the posse........
StephSH is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-20-2012, 08:24 PM   #5759
Jeeper
 
keschete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojave_scorpion View Post
Yeah, I got a the paperwork done but can't drive it home until tomorrow mid-morning since they have to finish some prep work from the wheel swap. I love the black altitude wheels & the 2012 bright silver altitude they had looks really nice with the '13 Sahara silver wheels so it was a win-win.
Awesome, can't wait to see pics with the Altitude wheels!!!
__________________
2013 JK Rubicon
2006 SRT 10, 2002 Z06
keschete is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-20-2012, 09:28 PM   #5760
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Trapjaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: San Francisco, Ca
Posts: 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by daavid3 View Post
Hahaha my dealer was calling me for a status update on my jeep order
I can't stop laughing over this and your earlier post

Dont worry though I am right there with you.

__________________
Sean
----------------------------------------
2013 True Blue Pearl Coat Unlimited Rubicon
Auto/4.10/Dual Top/Connectivity/Heated Leather/Max Tow/Auto AC/Remote Start/730N
2010 Black Unlimited Rubicon - sold
2007 Black Rubicon - sold

My 2013 Triple Blue Unlimited Rubicon Build Thread
Trapjaw is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



logo carid shop wrangler parts carid fender flares custom wheels store avs deflectors at carid

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:20 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC