2013 Wrangler information thread - Page 211 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 08-28-2012, 07:40 PM   #6301
Jeeper
 
StephSH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Southern Ohio
Posts: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricM

Very interested to see how this turns out. There is an interesting phrase on the window sticker that gives them an "out" though. Right after "Standard Equipment" in parentheses it says, "Unless Replaced by Optional Equipment"
Yes, but if you get the hard top, there is a place where it shows the soft top is removed, so shouldnt the mats be the same?

Looks like multiple people are having missing mat issues, unless Pat gets permission to share what he has we mey all just have to deal with it.... At this point I would recommend ordering aftermarket mats.

StephSH is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-28-2012, 08:09 PM   #6302
Jeeper
 
PRWhitby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NW Chicago Suburbs
Posts: 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemurofdoom View Post
So, I was sitting here and suddenly became curious what the new rubicon wheels would look like if one were to plastidip/paint/powdercoat or otherwise make them black. Maybe I'm not the only person who is curious about this? And I don't think I've seen it posted before...

Soooo here's a quick photoshop I did on a random dealer image from google images search. Didn't think it deserved its own thread, but I thought I'd just leave it here for anyone else who may have wondered what it would look like


Would probably have to do it to a few more shots, and on different colored rubis to really get a sense for it, but my first impression is... not too bad actually. I think it cuts down on them looking too fancy for their own good, not calling quite as much attention to themselves.
IMO ya'll need to teach a Photoshop class. All these mock ups are awesome!

__________________
- Paul
PRWhitby is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-28-2012, 08:12 PM   #6303
Jeeper
 
sobeperry's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by daavid3
quick question.. i am at the dealership waiting for them to get the paperwork together and i cannot find an ipod or usb cable anywhere in the car i got the 7n system am i missing something?
Did younger your answer? If not hit me back, can walk you through it.
sobeperry is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-28-2012, 08:13 PM   #6304
Jeeper
 
Spaste19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthTJ View Post
Side airbags kind of limit you as far as seat covers don't they?
I'm guessing it would. Sorry, but I'll take the extra safety feature over seat covers.
__________________
2013 Crush JKUR
Spaste19 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-28-2012, 08:14 PM   #6305
Jeeper
 
sobeperry's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by keschete

I asked at my dealer and was told they usually come with the vehicle. Get them to throw one if for the scratch.
They def don't come. You need your own. The iPod works best in the glove box connection. You can also use the Bluetooth and go to aux mode and steam from your phone.
sobeperry is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-28-2012, 08:20 PM   #6306
Jeeper
 
keschete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobeperry View Post
They def don't come. You need your own. The iPod works best in the glove box connection. You can also use the Bluetooth and go to aux mode and steam from your phone.
Maybe he was talking about something else. It was the parts manager, because I ordered a bunch of stuff. He has an i pod and has some thing he put in his glove box. He doesn't have a Jeep. I don't know for sure, I haven't ever used Uconnect. My 2009 doesn't have all that. All my other vehicles are older.

I am certainly not an expert. I just usually download all my MP3's on the hard drive.
__________________
2013 JK Rubicon
2006 SRT 10, 2002 Z06
keschete is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-28-2012, 08:58 PM   #6307
Jeeper
 
oletennessean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Knoxville
Posts: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTJeep623 View Post
if this is what commando looks like then it was in the oliver stone Savages movie this year, tried seeing if anyone else on here had watched the movie but i guess i was the only one
I didn't see the movie, but it does look cool -- how was it? Got me curious and I looked into it. I did a screen capture from one scene I found. The rear view mirror is removed in this scene and the scene shot from the inside has the old mirror - can't notice anything else that might give a clue if its a painted pre 2013 or if this is in fact a 2013 Commando. We'll know in a few weeks. The second photo is I believe a photshop, but still looks good.[/QUOTE]

not a big oliver stone fan but the movie was pretty good. looked everywhere for a screenshot but couldnt find any.
oletennessean is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-28-2012, 08:59 PM   #6308
Jeeper
 
rhen74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Olive Branch
Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephSH View Post
I pointed it out on the sticker, made no difference to the manager, I'm hoping Pat gets permission to sed me whatever he has, but will understand if he cant. Chrysler is my next step but some documentation would be a big help because right now I think they're just goin to say no, regardless of what I say.

The dealer cut me an awesome deal and I wont give them a black eye over the mats, but it does piss me off so I'm hoping to get it resolved without having to put my witch hat on.
My dealer tried to send me off the lot with only the slush mats. I called them out on it in a somewhat polite manner and they played like they had no idea whether it was an upgrade or not. My sales rep ended up swiping some from another Jeep on the lot, so all's good now. It would have made for a negative experience had they not rectified the problem since I was wanting two sets.

Good luck in getting yours. It would be the right thing for them to do, no matter the deal you got.
rhen74 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-28-2012, 09:09 PM   #6309
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 81
ssmith is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-28-2012, 10:01 PM   #6310
Jeeper
 
TomStev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Weatherford, Texas
Posts: 5,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmith
What post are you referencing?
__________________
Axios... Then again, I wouldn't feel the way I do if I were.
TomStev is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-28-2012, 10:11 PM   #6311
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Trapjaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: San Francisco, Ca
Posts: 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomStev View Post
What post are you referencing?
His new tow hitch and cargo hauler.
__________________
Sean
----------------------------------------
2013 True Blue Pearl Coat Unlimited Rubicon
Auto/4.10/Dual Top/Connectivity/Heated Leather/Max Tow/Auto AC/Remote Start/730N
2010 Black Unlimited Rubicon - sold
2007 Black Rubicon - sold

My 2013 Triple Blue Unlimited Rubicon Build Thread
Trapjaw is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-28-2012, 10:14 PM   #6312
Jeeper
 
Spaste19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaste19 View Post
I'm guessing it would. Sorry, but I'll take the extra safety feature over seat covers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthTJ View Post
Side airbags kind of limit you as far as seat covers don't they?
Edit: I was just online ordering some accessories for a Jeep I don't actually have yet and noticed that they do make seat covers that do not interfere with the side impact airbags. The particular ones I saw were on jcwhitney.com, but I'm sure there are others.
__________________
2013 Crush JKUR
Spaste19 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-28-2012, 10:14 PM   #6313
Jeeper
 
TomStev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Weatherford, Texas
Posts: 5,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapjaw

His new tow hitch and cargo hauler.
That was a great easy mod
__________________
Axios... Then again, I wouldn't feel the way I do if I were.
TomStev is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-28-2012, 10:23 PM   #6314
D L
Jeeper
 
D L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 68
Boy I just read several pages of the 2012 leaking thread. Making me nervous about my 2013! I had a car that leaked and it sucked living in the PNW with it!
D L is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-28-2012, 11:02 PM   #6315
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
supercazzola's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: A Rocket Ranch
Posts: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbelt
Btw mine is dozer and no paint issues. It had an even coat that covers well.
That's great news!
supercazzola is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-28-2012, 11:29 PM   #6316
Jeeper
 
TomStev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Weatherford, Texas
Posts: 5,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by D L
Boy I just read several pages of the 2012 leaking thread. Making me nervous about my 2013! I had a car that leaked and it sucked living in the PNW with it!
Not sure where theirs is leaking, but mine leaked Sunday. Found out that when I disassembled the freedom tops Saturday to paint the inside, there is a piece that flips up on the back where they almost meet in the center back. Forgot to flip it back down when I reinstalled and it leaked. Pulled off to see if I put it back together wrong and noticed it flipped up and thought "they shouldn't be like that". Flipped both down, and no more leak.



Attachment 155014

The piece is on the inside curve (part not show in pic) but maybe some of theirs came from the factory with the piece flipped up?
__________________
Axios... Then again, I wouldn't feel the way I do if I were.
TomStev is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-28-2012, 11:37 PM   #6317
Jeeper
 
swiber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: South Texas
Posts: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by D L View Post
Boy I just read several pages of the 2012 leaking thread. Making me nervous about my 2013! I had a car that leaked and it sucked living in the PNW with it!
I think most of the problem is that SOME dealerships don't know what they are doing. This is just my opinion from my own experiences. I am not trying to dampen your hopes but most things work out in the end.
__________________
2013 Rubicon Unlimited Billet Auto
Recon 10,500 winch, ACE sliders, JCR Dagger front, Rigid Industries Dully spot and 10" Combo, EVO MFG ProTeK Skids, Spidershade, ATX Crawl, Nitto Trail Grapplers 35/12.50/17, Rock Krawler 3.5 X-Factor, w/ Fox 2.0. Ace Rear bumper, Poison Spider Diff covers and Evap skid.
2012 Rubicon Unlimited Silver 6 Speed (lemon)
swiber is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-29-2012, 12:40 AM   #6318
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 201
Yea I thought it comes with some sort of special cable that connect to the system but its standard USB. The check list said "USB CABLE" on the page and I didn't find it in the car I thought they misplaced it.

So I FINALLY picked up the car today.. they kept me there for 3 hours.. My head almost exploded. Then as a little cherry on top they added 340.25$ to the final price of the vehicle because apparently they didn't include the 75$ treadlightly processing fee and new plate fee into the original sales agreement.. I just looked at him and pulled out my credit card.. Didn't say a word.. I wanted out of there at any cost... (F$#& them)

Anyways, I LOVE my Rubicon soooo much.. I have never driven a wrangler and when I pulled out it took me a few minutes to get used to it but when I did... I had hearts in my eyes... Its so pretty, its sooo amazing..

Special thanks to keschete for keeping me updated and keeping me sane as much as she could...
And thank you all for all the advice and guidance this is the first time I have ever been actively participating in a forum and I am definitely going to be around here throughout my obsession with jeeps...
__________________
2013 JKUR Black on Black.

TruckLite LED headlights, Ace Rock Rails,
RK Max Travel PRO, 15" Level 8 wheels, 35", Wrangler MT/R tires, Mopar fuel door,Weathertech mats, RuggedRidge trunk mat
daavid3 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-29-2012, 07:11 AM   #6319
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Surgoinsville TN
Posts: 216
My Jeep
blackbelt is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-29-2012, 07:18 AM   #6320
Jeeper
 
AlphabetHoops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by daavid3 View Post
Yea I thought it comes with some sort of special cable that connect to the system but its standard USB. The check list said "USB CABLE" on the page and I didn't find it in the car I thought they misplaced it.

So I FINALLY picked up the car today.. they kept me there for 3 hours.. My head almost exploded. Then as a little cherry on top they added 340.25$ to the final price of the vehicle because apparently they didn't include the 75$ treadlightly processing fee and new plate fee into the original sales agreement.. I just looked at him and pulled out my credit card.. Didn't say a word.. I wanted out of there at any cost... (F$#& them)

Anyways, I LOVE my Rubicon soooo much.. I have never driven a wrangler and when I pulled out it took me a few minutes to get used to it but when I did... I had hearts in my eyes... Its so pretty, its sooo amazing..

Special thanks to keschete for keeping me updated and keeping me sane as much as she could...
And thank you all for all the advice and guidance this is the first time I have ever been actively participating in a forum and I am definitely going to be around here throughout my obsession with jeeps...
>>I had hearts in my eyes

lol. Cute way to put it! I'll be the same way, I'm sure.

~Lorene
AlphabetHoops is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-29-2012, 07:19 AM   #6321
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephSH View Post
Yes, but if you get the hard top, there is a place where it shows the soft top is removed, so shouldnt the mats be the same?

Looks like multiple people are having missing mat issues, unless Pat gets permission to share what he has we mey all just have to deal with it.... At this point I would recommend ordering aftermarket mats.
It isn't always removed. There are plenty of upgrades or replacements that don't say what they replaced are removed. Look at half doors as an example, it never says the full doors are removed.
glap1922 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-29-2012, 07:30 AM   #6322
Jeeper
 
Ivoryring's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 469
Quote:
Originally Posted by daavid3 View Post
Then as a little cherry on top they added 340.25$ to the final price of the vehicle because apparently they didn't include the 75$ treadlightly processing fee and new plate fee into the original sales agreement..
I'm not going to say "you should have..." because you are an adult and your choices are your own!

My dealer forgot the $75 Treadlightly processing fee. While I was doing the delivery paperwork the finance manager scolded the salesman in front of me about it. I said "don't fret about it, you made plenty of profit"... they rolled their eyes and I said "would you like me to point out the line on the POC, because I can"... In the end my purchase was exactly as spelled out in the original sales agreement.
Ivoryring is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-29-2012, 07:34 AM   #6323
Jeeper
 
tomgillotti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 480
Alright, so if I'm a tread lightly member my dealer processing fee will only be $75?? Just wanted to clarify... waiting on a 2013 order.
tomgillotti is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-29-2012, 07:38 AM   #6324
Jeeper
 
BadOleRoss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Lynchburg VA
Posts: 898
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomgillotti View Post
Alright, so if I'm a tread lightly member my dealer processing fee will only be $75?? Just wanted to clarify... waiting on a 2013 order.
No, there is a separate $75 fee for the processing of the tread lightly discount in addition to regular processing fee's.
__________________
2013 JKU True Blue, 4" Zone Lift, 35x12.5x17 Nitto Trail Grapplers, ION 171 Black and Machined Wheels
BadOleRoss is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-29-2012, 07:57 AM   #6325
Jeeper
 
scipio337's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,211
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemurofdoom View Post
So, I was sitting here and suddenly became curious what the new rubicon wheels would look like if one were to plastidip/paint/powdercoat or otherwise make them black. Maybe I'm not the only person who is curious about this? And I don't think I've seen it posted before...

Soooo here's a quick photoshop I did on a random dealer image from google images search. Didn't think it deserved its own thread, but I thought I'd just leave it here for anyone else who may have wondered what it would look like


Would probably have to do it to a few more shots, and on different colored rubis to really get a sense for it, but my first impression is... not too bad actually. I think it cuts down on them looking too fancy for their own good, not calling quite as much attention to themselves.

Thanks for this. I've been wondering if I would dip the new wheels, and your mock up makes me lean "yea"
scipio337 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-29-2012, 08:02 AM   #6326
Jeeper
 
SouthTJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Memphis
Posts: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by daavid3 View Post
So I FINALLY picked up the car today..
You own a Jeep now so remember, It's not a car it's a JEEP!
__________________
13 JK Rubicon
SouthTJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-29-2012, 08:40 AM   #6327
Jeeper
 
RattleDogUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Phoenix,AZ
Posts: 257
My COMMANDO GREEN JKUR went into PAINT this morning! Posted a screenshot in the CG thread!

WOOO HOOOO!!!! They started production 7 days early
RattleDogUSA is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-29-2012, 08:54 AM   #6328
Jeeper
 
Cosmic Charlie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 1,490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmpj08

I didn't see the movie, but it does look cool -- how was it? Got me curious and I looked into it. I did a screen capture from one scene I found. The rear view mirror is removed in this scene and the scene shot from the inside has the old mirror - can't notice anything else that might give a clue if its a painted pre 2013 or if this is in fact a 2013 Commando. We'll know in a few weeks. The second photo is I believe a photshop, but still looks good.
This jeep is not a 2013, and I don't believe it's commando! If you watch the movie you get to see the inside and realize that it is an older jeep, the give away is the interior, i saw the movie so i know. prob an 2010 or older, so the color is just one of the older greens that Jeep produced years ago.[/QUOTE]

That's Rescue Green from a few years ago.
__________________
2012 Winter Chill Arctic Edition JK
Cosmic Charlie is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-29-2012, 09:46 AM   #6329
Jeeper
 
tomgillotti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by scipio337

Thanks for this. I've been wondering if I would dip the new wheels, and your mock up makes me lean "yea"
THIS LOOKS AWESOME!! Nicely done :-)
tomgillotti is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-29-2012, 10:24 AM   #6330
Jeeper
 
AgBullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 159
Just got the email that my wife's Jeep arrived last night and is getting prepped right now. Ordered 6/6, delivered 8/29. Do I win the longest wait contest?

AgBullet is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



logo carid shop wrangler parts carid fender flares custom wheels store avs deflectors at carid
» Rates
Get low rates on auto insurance in Canada!

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:24 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC