2013 Wrangler information thread - Page 41 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 06-14-2012, 07:42 PM   #1201
Jeeper
 
BadOleRoss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Lynchburg VA
Posts: 898
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Chief View Post
Would someone please mock-up an Unlimited Sport in Commando? Thank you in advance...

This was posted a few days ago. It's a Rubicon and not a Sport but it will give you an idea.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5LgQB.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	146.1 KB
ID:	131912  

BadOleRoss is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-14-2012, 07:44 PM   #1202
Sponsoring Vendor
 
pat@fieldsauto.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Glenview
Posts: 3,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by keschete View Post
There are standing dealer orders out in the system that are for stock dealer inventory. Dealer Connect had dealer info today that just because a dealer had a Jeep on order and in the system, that if it is NOT A SOLD ORDER.....that it will not be built unless it is in production currently.

So, that means they are trying to get the last of the 12s OTD so they can retool. That might make the 2013 production a little faster. They are just going to cancel those 12s that weren't started yet, unless they are for specific customers.
You'll have to PM me where you see that in dealerconnect. All I see is this:

All unscheduled 12MY Jeep orders are in the process of being cancelled (06/11/12)

Unscheduled- vehicles without a VIN. Those in D status with a VIN will be built regardless of it being a sold vehicle or not.

We have close to 40 more inbound and all are going to be built,(at least I hope they will be, they all are D1 and further) only 5 are presold.

Definitely let me know where you see that info...it would be nice to know ahead of time since I have quite a few folks waiting on the Freedom Editions.

__________________
Patrick O'Donnell(Pat@Fieldsauto.com)
Fields Chrysler Jeep Dodge │ 2800 Patriot Blvd│ Glenview, IL 60026
847-446-5100 main│ 847-881-8313 direct
pat@fieldsauto.comFieldsChryslerJeepDodge.com
Have Questions About A New Jeep Purchase? CLICK HERE
pat@fieldsauto.com is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-14-2012, 07:50 PM   #1203
Jeeper
 
keschete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by pat@fieldsauto.com View Post
You'll have to PM me where you see that in dealerconnect. All I see is this:

All unscheduled 12MY Jeep orders are in the process of being cancelled (06/11/12)

Unscheduled- vehicles without a VIN. Those in D status with a VIN will be built regardless of it being a sold vehicle or not.

We have close to 40 more inbound and all are going to be built, only 5 are presold.

Definitely let me know where you see that info...it would be nice to know ahead of time.
What you just stated is what I got. Anything scheduled is going to be built. All other unscheduled vehicles will not be, unless they are sold orders. I am getting this 2nd hand, I didn't look at the dealer connect myself and my husband doesn't always translate word for word. Sorry Pat, wasn't trying to confuse you. Just hoping by Jeep canceling unscheduled vehicles that mine gets here faster.
__________________
2013 JK Rubicon
2006 SRT 10, 2002 Z06
keschete is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-14-2012, 07:56 PM   #1204
Sponsoring Vendor
 
pat@fieldsauto.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Glenview
Posts: 3,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by keschete View Post
What you just stated is what I got. Anything scheduled is going to be built. All other unscheduled vehicles will not be, unless they are sold orders. I am getting this 2nd hand, I didn't look at the dealer connect myself and my husband doesn't always translate word for word. Sorry Pat, wasn't trying to confuse you. Just hoping by Jeep canceling unscheduled vehicles that mine gets here faster.
Gotcha, I probably read your post too fast! Anticipation is part of the fun. Plus you can just tell the hubby to start ordering the mods now so you'll be ready when yours comes in.
__________________
Patrick O'Donnell(Pat@Fieldsauto.com)
Fields Chrysler Jeep Dodge │ 2800 Patriot Blvd│ Glenview, IL 60026
847-446-5100 main│ 847-881-8313 direct
pat@fieldsauto.comFieldsChryslerJeepDodge.com
Have Questions About A New Jeep Purchase? CLICK HERE
pat@fieldsauto.com is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-14-2012, 08:03 PM   #1205
Jeeper
 
keschete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by pat@fieldsauto.com View Post
Gotcha, I probably read your post too fast! Anticipation is part of the fun. Plus you can just tell the hubby to start ordering the mods now so you'll be ready when yours comes in.
I may have to start swiping passwords instead of taking my salesman's word for stuff. Hehehehe.

I did order a Rubicon tire cover. I have access to mud flaps, steps, gas fuel filler door and other stuff they stock at the dealership.

I am his best customer....I have an 06 SRT 10, 09 Sahara JK and now the Rubicon...and he got himself a 06 3500 Laramie. Plus we have some GM stuff hidden in the garage

It is always good advertisement to make the wife happy!!!
__________________
2013 JK Rubicon
2006 SRT 10, 2002 Z06
keschete is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-14-2012, 08:11 PM   #1206
Sponsoring Vendor
 
pat@fieldsauto.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Glenview
Posts: 3,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by keschete

I may have to start swiping passwords instead of taking my salesman's word for stuff. Hehehehe.

I did order a Rubicon tire cover. I have access to mud flaps, steps, gas fuel filler door and other stuff they stock at the dealership.

I am his best customer....I have an 06 SRT 10, 09 Sahara JK and now the Rubicon...and he got himself a 06 3500 Laramie. Plus we have some GM stuff hidden in the garage

It is always good advertisement to make the wife happy!!!
I agree on that one!! The wifey got wind of the changes coming on the 2014 Grand Cherokees(hitting in March) and wants to trade her 11. She barely uses all the tech stuff in her Overland and now she wants the bigger nav screen and the 8 speed.
She brings me in more business than most of my other customers so what she wants she gets!
__________________
Patrick O'Donnell(Pat@Fieldsauto.com)
Fields Chrysler Jeep Dodge │ 2800 Patriot Blvd│ Glenview, IL 60026
847-446-5100 main│ 847-881-8313 direct
pat@fieldsauto.comFieldsChryslerJeepDodge.com
Have Questions About A New Jeep Purchase? CLICK HERE
pat@fieldsauto.com is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-14-2012, 08:21 PM   #1207
..shall not be infringed!

WF Supporting Member
 
Up Hill Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Up the hill, CA Northcoast
Posts: 4,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by pat@fieldsauto.com View Post
I agree on that one!! The wifey got wind of the changes coming on the 2014 Grand Cherokees(hitting in March) and wants to trade her 11. She barely uses all the tech stuff in her Overland and now she wants the bigger nav screen and the 8 speed.
She brings me in more business than most of my other customers so what she wants she gets!
Wow, high maintenance!

I'll bet she's worth it!

As I recall, you have a toy or two to your credit....
__________________
2012 JKU Rubicon
Sahara Tan
Auto
3.73


Up Hill Bill
Up Hill Bill is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-14-2012, 08:29 PM   #1208
Jeeper
 
keschete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Up Hill Bill View Post
Wow, high maintenance!

I'll bet she's worth it!

As I recall, you have a toy or two to your credit....

Hehehe, that sounds like me and the husband. He sells me what he wants me to have and get bored with. So then I can't complain that he has it.

Plus he has a toy box with out GM products. Can't flaunt that around a lot at a Dodge dealer
__________________
2013 JK Rubicon
2006 SRT 10, 2002 Z06
keschete is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-14-2012, 08:45 PM   #1209
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by supercazzola View Post
Man, that's the same setup I want. What city/dealer are you using in FL?
I'm using Don Jackson jeep in Union City GA, just outside Atlanta.

Great deal and mine is on order
St_Dysan is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-14-2012, 08:51 PM   #1210
Sponsoring Vendor
 
pat@fieldsauto.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Glenview
Posts: 3,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Up Hill Bill

Wow, high maintenance!

I'll bet she's worth it!

As I recall, you have a toy or two to your credit....
Yes she's worth it. I don't know anyone else that can put up with me every day all day.

And you are right she let's me have my toys. I have to tell you that I really do love riding. Some might say I'm a little anxious, and riding is the only thing I have found that allows me to put work and life on the back burner. It's the only way I can clear my head, just 30 minutes out riding and I'm all good. I'm guessing those that have or currently ride can relate. That's part of why I'm a Wrangler guy, it's very close to riding with the top and doors off.

Back to 2013 wrangler info, I'm still waiting on the ok to post the pics again. That way you or Milous can get it on your first post.
__________________
Patrick O'Donnell(Pat@Fieldsauto.com)
Fields Chrysler Jeep Dodge │ 2800 Patriot Blvd│ Glenview, IL 60026
847-446-5100 main│ 847-881-8313 direct
pat@fieldsauto.comFieldsChryslerJeepDodge.com
Have Questions About A New Jeep Purchase? CLICK HERE
pat@fieldsauto.com is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-14-2012, 08:54 PM   #1211
Newb
 
jdmitchell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawk View Post
hi, where is the diesel with 6 speed auto that they get in Europe?
I would buy a new Wrangler tomorrow if they did that. Oh well, I guess I can just dream about a 4bt in my YJ.
jdmitchell is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-15-2012, 05:15 AM   #1212
Jeeper
 
axe_handle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 129
As best I can tell, what I ordered should look something like this:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-09-22955-X2_2013_MOCKUP.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	146.3 KB
ID:	132036  
axe_handle is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-15-2012, 07:38 AM   #1213
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 158
Patrick001 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-15-2012, 07:52 AM   #1214
Jeeper
 
Void For Vagueness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by axe_handle View Post
As best I can tell, what I ordered should look something like this:
I've always been partial to black automobiles, but have to admit that I love the dozer with body-colored hard top but black fenders. Looks like it should say CATERPILLAR on the side. (Maybe Rubipillar? Caticon?) Nicely done!
__________________
2013 JK Unlimited Sport S, Black Clear Coat
(Ordered 6/13/12)
Void For Vagueness is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-15-2012, 07:56 AM   #1215
Jeeper
 
robskully's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Nashua, NH
Posts: 771
Black PAINTED factory fenders would look AWESOME on that truck !
Rob ....
robskully is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-15-2012, 08:15 AM   #1216
Jeeper
 
Cosmic Charlie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 1,490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Void For Vagueness View Post
I've always been partial to black automobiles, but have to admit that I love the dozer with body-colored hard top but black fenders. Looks like it should say CATERPILLAR on the side. (Maybe Rubipillar? Caticon?) Nicely done!
Like Darkfire's: http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/mat...-160398-2.html

__________________
2012 Winter Chill Arctic Edition JK
Cosmic Charlie is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-15-2012, 09:09 AM   #1217
Jeeper
 
WXman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Central Kentucky, USA
Posts: 1,725
So the Commando Green is a pearlcoat paint... it's not flat like a military OD paint job. Hmm.. I really want to see this color in person.
__________________
~Lots of modded Jeeps and a Toyota 4Runner~
WXman is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-15-2012, 09:22 AM   #1218
Newb
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2
The TPMS is more of a hassle than a true value-added feature if you live in the north. My wife had it in her Liberty, and it was constantly alerting her that her spare was low on pressure. The changes in ambient air temperature plays hell with the tire pressure.
rjnflstf is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-15-2012, 09:27 AM   #1219
Jeeper
 
Void For Vagueness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Charlie View Post
Awesome.
__________________
2013 JK Unlimited Sport S, Black Clear Coat
(Ordered 6/13/12)
Void For Vagueness is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-15-2012, 10:00 AM   #1220
Newb
 
Toyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Washington
Posts: 5
Can some one confirm what kind of paint will be used for Commando Green.
Will it be a Pearl Coat or Clear Coat?

Iím hoping for Commando Green Pearl Coat!
Toyz is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-15-2012, 10:11 AM   #1221
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by axe_handle View Post
As best I can tell, what I ordered should look something like this:
Axe, that is a sweet ride. Very, very nice looking. I am having trouble deciding between the Dozer or the Crush myself, and there is another part of me that still is considering buying used. Decisions, decisions.
cmiller is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-15-2012, 10:49 AM   #1222
Jeeper
 
Jakob101st's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyz View Post
Can some one confirm what kind of paint will be used for Commando Green.
Will it be a Pearl Coat or Clear Coat?

Iím hoping for Commando Green Pearl Coat!
Pat's Post #1 of this thread says Pearl Coat.
Jakob101st is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-15-2012, 10:51 AM   #1223
Jeeper
 
axe_handle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by robskully
Black PAINTED factory fenders would look AWESOME on that truck !
Rob ....
Yes they would until I scratch them up in the woods...
__________________
2012 JKU Rubi - Dozer | auto | 4.10
AEV tubeless premium front | Warn 9.5cti-s | AEV 2.5" DS w/ geo brackets | AEV rear w/ carrier |
ARB Keggorator w/ CO2
axe_handle is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-15-2012, 10:55 AM   #1224
Newb
 
Toyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Washington
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakob101st View Post
Pat's Post #1 of this thread says Pearl Coat.
On all the color samples Commando is never identified as a Pearl Coat.
Toyz is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-15-2012, 10:55 AM   #1225
Jeeper
 
axe_handle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmiller

Axe, that is a sweet ride. Very, very nice looking. I am having trouble deciding between the Dozer or the Crush myself, and there is another part of me that still is considering buying used. Decisions, decisions.
Crush was my first choice, but my wife would have none of that. Dozer or Gecko, in that order, were the colors I was authorized to buy. Going with her first choice made the winch negotiation go smoother.
__________________
2012 JKU Rubi - Dozer | auto | 4.10
AEV tubeless premium front | Warn 9.5cti-s | AEV 2.5" DS w/ geo brackets | AEV rear w/ carrier |
ARB Keggorator w/ CO2
axe_handle is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-15-2012, 11:29 AM   #1226
Jeeper
 
WXman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Central Kentucky, USA
Posts: 1,725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyz View Post
On all the color samples Commando is never identified as a Pearl Coat.
I think Commando is one of the rare colors that would look better as a flat color with no pearl or metallic. I guess we'll see..

Stopped by the dealership and they have "no information" at this time.
__________________
~Lots of modded Jeeps and a Toyota 4Runner~
WXman is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-15-2012, 11:43 AM   #1227
Jeeper
 
KittyPrawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Fairfax, VA
Posts: 2,165
Images: 2
I asked earlier and one of the info gurus said Commando would be clear coat.
__________________
Deb
2013 True Blue JKU Rubicon Goodbye Pontiac!
I drive a 4 door. There is more space for bacon inside.
KittyPrawn is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-15-2012, 12:05 PM   #1228
Jeeper
 
Fellows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by axe_handle View Post
As best I can tell, what I ordered should look something like this:
Nice, finally a mock up in Dozer!
Based on pictures I saw on the internet, I wrote off Dozer and ordered True Blue till I saw what both looked like in person, then quickly changed my order to Dozer. It just goes to show you can't really trust a computer screen for color. Try building a Black Forest Green on the Jeep website then look at it in person. Not even close to the same color.
Fellows is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-15-2012, 12:15 PM   #1229
rotaredoM

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
panthermark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago-land
Posts: 9,748
Images: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellows View Post
Nice, finally a mock up in Dozer!
Based on pictures I saw on the internet, I wrote off Dozer and ordered True Blue till I saw what both looked like in person, then quickly changed my order to Dozer. It just goes to show you can't really trust a computer screen for color. Try building a Black Forest Green on the Jeep website then look at it in person. Not even close to the same color.
And that right there is the biggest problem with Jeep's staggered strategy. They have all of these wild and great colors, but you really need to see them in person to be sure. However, by the time you wait to see one color in person, another color you were looking at closed. Unless of course you want black....you find about 10 zillion of those sitting on the lot.
panthermark is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-15-2012, 12:53 PM   #1230
Newb
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3
I know I saw Dune availability dates somewhere in this thread, but I can not seem to find them now? Is it still late availability?

electrichead is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:30 AM.



Jeepģ, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC