2013 Wrangler information thread - Page 45 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 06-18-2012, 08:42 AM   #1321
Jeeper
 
Void For Vagueness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobrieniii View Post
.... my 2013 Rubicon order and now can see in VOTS as of this morning.

Looks like it shows status as Production Scheduled.

Assuming that is better than C - Tentative schedule which was shown on the paperwork I rec'd from the dealer.

Either way... the waiting continues....

@jobrieniii
Same questions for you- when did you order, and how did Jeep get your email address?

__________________
2013 JK Unlimited Sport S, Black Clear Coat
(Ordered 6/13/12)
Void For Vagueness is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-18-2012, 08:55 AM   #1322
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 157
Any word on whether Anvil will be available on all Wranglers, or just on certain models?

Thanks!

93TilInfinity is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-18-2012, 09:26 AM   #1323
Jeeper
 
keschete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Void For Vagueness View Post
Cool! When did you place your order? Did they get your email address from the info you filled out at the dealership?
I sat down with the Dealership Manager. We went through my order step by step on 6/5/12. My husband is one of the sales managers. So they put my name and email in the system as a sold order. In order to get the emails they have to put all this in. They also printed the full invoice page with MSRP/ Invoice and Holdback info. They asked that I not post the whole thing. Because of my husband I will get the truck at a little over the dealer cost.

When I bought the 09 they didn't have this system and I made my husband check Dealer Connect every single day.
__________________
2013 JK Rubicon
2006 SRT 10, 2002 Z06
keschete is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-18-2012, 09:27 AM   #1324
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Void For Vagueness View Post
Same questions for you- when did you order, and how did Jeep get your email address?
According to my order form, the order date was:

2012-05-31 10:49 am

We had agreed on options a couple weeks before, so the dealer ordered it as soon as he could. (Though we did have to do the mod on the 4.10 which was done on 2012-06-05.)

Re: email, sales rep had submitted my email as part of the order process.

@jobrieniii
jobrieniii is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-18-2012, 09:30 AM   #1325
Jeeper
 
Void For Vagueness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by keschete View Post
I sat down with the Dealership Manager. We went through my order step by step on 6/5/12. My husband is one of the sales managers. So they put my name and email in the system as a sold order. In order to get the emails they have to put all this in. They also printed the full invoice page with MSRP/ Invoice and Holdback info. They asked that I not post the whole thing. Because of my husband I will get the truck at a little over the dealer cost.

When I bought the 09 they didn't have this system and I made my husband check Dealer Connect every single day.
That's awesome. You're lucky to have the inside scoop!
__________________
2013 JK Unlimited Sport S, Black Clear Coat
(Ordered 6/13/12)
Void For Vagueness is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-18-2012, 09:31 AM   #1326
Jeeper
 
keschete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryageejr View Post
Hello everyone. This is my first post to this forum, but I've have been keeping up with it for a couple of weeks now. I really want to thank all of you for the wealth of information provided. It has proved invaluable in my pursuit of getting my first Jeep Wrangler.

Through my learnings I have decided that I'm going to order a 2013 Rubicon Unlimited in Commando Green. I see that the production is slated to start in September. I'm sorry if this was answered and I did not see it, but at what point can I place my order? I went to the local dealership on Friday and they didn't have a clue what I was talking about when I started spitting out the new colors.

Any info would be appreciated and again, I'm sorry if I missed this on an earlier post.

Jerry

At this point sales staff have not had any training on the wrangler changes and colors for 2013. Launch date is in September. The certified sales staff will begin taking dealer courses on the vehicles as soon as they are offered. A lot of sales guys do not always keep up with their courses.

You would need to talk to the sales manager who actually orders the vehicles. They might not be able to tell you anything other than the current options and colors available now in the system.

Unless you get a sales person who is a Jeep fan, you are going to have to talk to one of the managers.
__________________
2013 JK Rubicon
2006 SRT 10, 2002 Z06
keschete is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-18-2012, 09:35 AM   #1327
Jeeper
 
axe_handle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryageejr View Post
Hello everyone. This is my first post to this forum, but I've have been keeping up with it for a couple of weeks now. I really want to thank all of you for the wealth of information provided. It has proved invaluable in my pursuit of getting my first Jeep Wrangler.

Through my learnings I have decided that I'm going to order a 2013 Rubicon Unlimited in Commando Green. I see that the production is slated to start in September. I'm sorry if this was answered and I did not see it, but at what point can I place my order? I went to the local dealership on Friday and they didn't have a clue what I was talking about when I started spitting out the new colors.
Based on my experience, if you read this thread, you are much better informed than most sales people. My dealership only has one guy who does the ordering, and it seemed that if an option was not presented as available in the order system, then it simply didn't exist. Much easier to tell the sales guy to convince the customer to want what they can order easily, than place a phone call and investigate. Keep in mind that the national sales launch of th3 2013 models is not until September, so I doubt most sales people have easy access to the new model data yet.

I'm confident that if you watch this thread you will know when the new colors enter the order system, probably before your dealer does.
axe_handle is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-18-2012, 09:36 AM   #1328
Jeeper
 
keschete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Void For Vagueness View Post
That's awesome. You're lucky to have the inside scoop!
Sometimes I wish I wasn't in the loop. The waiting is hard when you are watching the system. My 2006 Viper took 3 months to come in. The 2009 JK took 4 months. I am hoping it will only be 2 months this time. Fingers crossed.
__________________
2013 JK Rubicon
2006 SRT 10, 2002 Z06
keschete is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-18-2012, 09:38 AM   #1329
Jeeper
 
keschete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by axe_handle View Post
Based on my experience, if you read this thread, you are much better informed than most sales people. My dealership only has one guy who does the ordering, and it seemed that if an option was not presented as available in the order system, then it simply didn't exist. Much easier to tell the sales guy to convince the customer to want what they can order easily, than place a phone call and investigate. Keep in mind that the national sales launch of th3 2013 models is not until September, so I doubt most sales people have easy access to the new model data yet.

I'm confident that if you watch this thread you will know when the new colors enter the order system, probably before your dealer does.
If they have access to dealer connect there is some information on the system. They have to go by what is in the system to order. They could check with the dealer rep for more info.
__________________
2013 JK Rubicon
2006 SRT 10, 2002 Z06
keschete is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-18-2012, 09:41 AM   #1330
Jeeper
 
RalphTomaccio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bellingham MA
Posts: 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by keschete View Post
The certified sales staff will begin taking dealer courses on the vehicles as soon as they are offered. A lot of sales guys do not always keep up with their courses.
I never heard of a "Certified Sales Staff". Would you explain to me what this is, please? Is this something you can find at any Jeep dealer? Is this something a new customer should ask for before working with a salesperson?
RalphTomaccio is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-18-2012, 09:42 AM   #1331
Jeeper
 
Void For Vagueness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by keschete View Post
Sometimes I wish I wasn't in the loop. The waiting is hard when you are watching the system. My 2006 Viper took 3 months to come in. The 2009 JK took 4 months. I am hoping it will only be 2 months this time. Fingers crossed.
I'm hoping for 2 months too! At least you have a JK and a Viper to play with while you wait! I have a cruddy Ford Escape with bad shocks and too many miles!
__________________
2013 JK Unlimited Sport S, Black Clear Coat
(Ordered 6/13/12)
Void For Vagueness is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-18-2012, 09:42 AM   #1332
Jeeper
 
robskully's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Nashua, NH
Posts: 770
Quote:
Originally Posted by keschete View Post
They also printed the full invoice page with MSRP/ Invoice and Holdback info. They asked that I not post the whole thing.
I went one dealer and got my build sheet with all the numbers and walked out with it. On another I got a quote via email and it was also the build sheet with all that info. I told both Dealers I was not ordering at that time but would be in a month. I think I even posted one in the thread on an earlier page.
Rob .....
robskully is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-18-2012, 09:48 AM   #1333
Jeeper
 
Void For Vagueness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by robskully View Post
I went one dealer and got my build sheet with all the numbers and walked out with it. On another I got a quote via email and it was also the build sheet with all that info. I told both Dealers I was not ordering at that time but would be in a month. I think I even posted one in the thread on an earlier page.
Rob .....
My dealer wouldn't give me my own build sheet. I had to specifically request a copy of the "unofficial" pricing sheet that they showed me before ordering, which only shows the MSRP and invoice breakdowns. They don't normally like to let customers know invoice pricing but since I am a Tread Lightly member they let me have a copy. Didn't really bother me at the time, but now that I read that other people got build sheets and VONs and whatnot I feel a little under-serviced! I guess different dealers are just...different. A lot probably depends upon what the local competition does/doesn't do...
__________________
2013 JK Unlimited Sport S, Black Clear Coat
(Ordered 6/13/12)
Void For Vagueness is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-18-2012, 09:54 AM   #1334
Jeeper
 
keschete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphTomaccio View Post
I never heard of a "Certified Sales Staff". Would you explain to me what this is, please? Is this something you can find at any Jeep dealer? Is this something a new customer should ask for before working with a salesperson?

Certified Sales people are those who usually work new cars and they take courses on line and attend training classes in person. They have to take training on new vehicles and have testing. That is part of being "Certified". They also have to sell so many new vehicles and they get rewarded monetarily for being "Certified". They also attend "Ride and Drive" classes when new vehicles are released so they can answer customer questions.

Even though my husband is now lower level management, he still maintains his "Certified" status and still attends all the classes and takes the online courses.

You can certainly ask if the sales person is certified, that does not always mean that they are better sales people, but it lets you know they should be well informed about the vehicles that they are selling.

So the new Jeep training hasn't started yet, at least my husband hasn't mentioned it and because the 12 and 13 are so similar, they may not have a training module on it.
__________________
2013 JK Rubicon
2006 SRT 10, 2002 Z06
keschete is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-18-2012, 10:31 AM   #1335
Jeeper
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Foothills, CA
Posts: 180
I too just got an email from Jeep thanking me for my order today. I also logged into VOTS and it shows that my Jeep has "production scheduled". It also shows a breakdown of my Jeep and all the options I ordered on it. I was pretty excited after I saw this today and is going to make the wait that much harder now. I guess I will be one of the first ones to post what True Blue really looks like on our Jeeps.
Mike_4462 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-18-2012, 10:46 AM   #1336
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 69
Is it possible to request on a factory Sahara order: Rubicon wheels/tires? If that is possible, would the speedometer/computer need to be recalibrated? (I am presented on the sidelines until the '13 become official on the AR list. I suspect that will be a couple of months yet.)
alangloi is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-18-2012, 10:58 AM   #1337
Jeeper
 
keschete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by alangloi View Post
Is it possible to request on a factory Sahara order: Rubicon wheels/tires? If that is possible, would the speedometer/computer need to be recalibrated? (I am presented on the sidelines until the '13 become official on the AR list. I suspect that will be a couple of months yet.)
No, unless Chrysler changes the options, Rubicon wheels are for Rubicons and Sahara wheels are for Saharas.

If you want Rubicon Wheels and Tires, why not order a Rubicon? You can get body colored fenders and roof on the Rubicon. Unless it is a price thing. The price on the Rubicon I ordered was about 3k more than a Sahara.
__________________
2013 JK Rubicon
2006 SRT 10, 2002 Z06
keschete is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-18-2012, 10:59 AM   #1338
Jeeper
 
PRWhitby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NW Chicago Suburbs
Posts: 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Void For Vagueness View Post
So, I ordered the Alpine system, but not the connectivity group (because I didn't want to be forced into buying Sirius for an extra $200). I am hoping the UConnect module add-on will be compatible with the Alpine system- can anyone confirm this?

Also, as a side note, does anyone know of a thread with photos of the UConnect module installed? Can't seem to find one.
Just curious. How did you order the Alpine system? I just placed an order on Saturday, and that did not show up as an available option.
PRWhitby is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-18-2012, 11:11 AM   #1339
Jeeper
 
gnotti211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 60
First time posting here. I've been lurking for a while and was going to wait to trade in my 07 Murano for a 2014 Cherokee until I heard about the 2013 Wranglers. I placed an order for my black 2013 JKU Rubicon on 6/12 and received an email from Jeep today, now the long wait begins.

For those who are curious, here's what Jeep's VOTS looks like once you receive the email or when you enter a VON that has been received on their end.

gnotti211 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-18-2012, 11:13 AM   #1340
Jeeper
 
Void For Vagueness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRWhitby View Post
Just curious. How did you order the Alpine system? I just placed an order on Saturday, and that did not show up as an available option.
Not sure- it was just an option when I ordered. What kind of Jeep did you order? If you got a base Sport (without an "S" package) maybe Alpine wasn't available? Likewise, maybe if you got a Rubicon or Sahara it wasn't an option because it's standard? Don't know. Mine is a Sport S.
__________________
2013 JK Unlimited Sport S, Black Clear Coat
(Ordered 6/13/12)
Void For Vagueness is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-18-2012, 11:15 AM   #1341
Jeeper
 
Void For Vagueness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnotti211 View Post

For those who are curious, here's what Jeep's VOTS looks like once you receive the email or when you enter a VON that has been received on their end.
Man, I'm jealous of you guys and your emails. I ordered mine a day after you, gnotti. I hope I get an email too!
__________________
2013 JK Unlimited Sport S, Black Clear Coat
(Ordered 6/13/12)
Void For Vagueness is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-18-2012, 11:26 AM   #1342
Sponsoring Vendor
 
pat@fieldsauto.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Glenview
Posts: 3,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphTomaccio View Post
I never heard of a "Certified Sales Staff". Would you explain to me what this is, please? Is this something you can find at any Jeep dealer? Is this something a new customer should ask for before working with a salesperson?

You pretty much got the info above, but almost all salespeople you talk to will have gone thru the classes. As stated above we as salespeople get money back from Chrysler for every new vehicle we sell. It ranges from $10 to $75 per vehicle based on that idividual salespersons volume for that month. So just about every salesperson is going to take the classes to get the extra money. Managers will want the salespeople certified as well because they get an override on the salesmans money. My opinion, it doesn't make a salesperson anymore knowledgeable on the product. The tests are multiple choice and a sales person can retake the tests as many times as needed to pass.

The other reason most salespeople have been thru the classes or "certified" is due to Chryslers dealer standards. A certain percentage of employees(sales/service/parts) have to be certified. Most of you have seen or heard "5 Star Dealer" in the past, that is gone. If a dealer meets the criteria then Chrysler reimburses the dealership for the training classes. The dealer gets charged anywhere from $250 and up for each sales consultant to take the courses.

IMO, find someone that has been selling Jeeps a long time and has been at the dealership a long time. Chances are you'll have a better experience.


Also many above have said that they know more than the salespeople about the 13s. I'm not so sure you can blame it totally on the salespeople. As a salesperson I have unrestricted access in dealerconnect and can see and do just about anything. Not all salespeople get the same priviledges at every dealership. Plus the managers don't want them worrying about 2013s. They want them pushing the 12s. I can ask my Chrysler rep but the chances of getting an answer is slim to none. We, those on this forum, all know more than the Chrysler reps. I'm not putting them down or being sarcastic, it's a fact of life. Their first concern is selling vehicles not knowing everything that is going on with Wranglers for the next 5 years. Sure a sales person should jump online and search for info, they should read 3rd party reviews of the products they sell and also know a little about their competition. The problem with that is it has to be done via a tablet/smartphone or from home as almost all dealers have a web filter that keeps salespeople from surfing the web all day. Some dealerships give the salespeople the tools they need to succeed and those are the ones that you want to find.
__________________
Patrick O'Donnell(Pat@Fieldsauto.com)
Fields Chrysler Jeep Dodge │ 2800 Patriot Blvd│ Glenview, IL 60026
847-446-5100 main│ 847-881-8313 direct
pat@fieldsauto.comFieldsChryslerJeepDodge.com
Have Questions About A New Jeep Purchase? CLICK HERE
pat@fieldsauto.com is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-18-2012, 11:59 AM   #1343
Newb
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by damastas View Post
Long time lurker, first time poster.

I just ordered my 2013 Wrangler Sport on May 30th from OSMCS. I'm curious because the sales rep finalized the order and put it all in the system, so as far as I thought it was just ready for the 2013 line to begin production.

Reading this thread there was a link to Donlen that showed the production cycle for different colors. I saw the question asked a few times but no answers yet; Black Forest Green is not listed on the production cycle, does that mean 2013 won't be available in that color? Because on the order form for my Jeep, it has listed "PGZ Black Forest Green Pearl Coat" as that is the color I ordered.

I sent an email to the rep, but as they are notorious for they have not emailed back. Wondering if anyone here had any additional intel on if the 2013's will or will not be produced in that color.

EDIT: I guess I'm confused because I watched the sales rep putting the order together through the dealerconnect database, as well as the brochure he had for 2013 models having Black Forest Green as one of the options. But then I saw it not listed as one of the 2013 colors.
Anyone have any insight into this? It's been about five days now and I have not heard anything back from OMCS. Pricing/deal was awesome, but like many have said once you decide on something and put down the deposit they seem to stop replying/care. Obviously if the color I ordered isn't an option, it's not going to be built and I can see OMCS just sitting on it for ages before they realize that they need to contact me for a new color. Frustrating to say the least.
damastas is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-18-2012, 12:01 PM   #1344
Jeeper
 
Void For Vagueness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by pat@fieldsauto.com View Post
The problem with that is it has to be done via a tablet/smartphone or from home as almost all dealers have a web filter that keeps salespeople from surfing the web all day. Some dealerships give the salespeople the tools they need to succeed and those are the ones that you want to find.
Wow- seems like a bad policy. It's 2012. Life is now on the internet. If I ran a dealership I would make sure my salespeople were on the internet all the time- on forums like this, on aftermarket parts sites, on rumor sites, etc. From a customer's perspective, every time I've bought a new car in the last decade, it's been downright frustrating that I know so much more about the products than the sales staff- and only from a couple of hours of internet research. You would think that management would want sales to be as knowledgeable as possible so that they can stay nimble and accommodating. If sales staff abuse internet privileges and start screwing around on youtube or whatever, why not use the old-fashioned "web filter" known as proper management?
__________________
2013 JK Unlimited Sport S, Black Clear Coat
(Ordered 6/13/12)
Void For Vagueness is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-18-2012, 12:03 PM   #1345
Jeeper
 
Void For Vagueness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by damastas View Post
Anyone have any insight into this? It's been about five days now and I have not heard anything back from OMCS. Pricing/deal was awesome, but like many have said once you decide on something and put down the deposit they seem to stop replying/care. Obviously if the color I ordered isn't an option, it's not going to be built and I can see OMCS just sitting on it for ages before they realize that they need to contact me for a new color. Frustrating to say the least.
Someone with more official knowledge than I have should answer this, but the consensus on this thread is that BFG will not be returning in 2013.
__________________
2013 JK Unlimited Sport S, Black Clear Coat
(Ordered 6/13/12)
Void For Vagueness is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-18-2012, 12:14 PM   #1346
Jeeper
 
MarkinOhio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 467
Got a good laugh out of this one:

Quote:
why not use the old-fashioned "web filter" known as proper management?
HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Not sure there is such a thing in America anymore. For the most part, the nitwits and ass-kissers get the promotions these days, not the folks that have product knowledge or real enthusiasm for their jobs. Or the ones that care about their jobs.
__________________
“Dogs’ lives are too short. Their only fault, really.” – Agnes Sligh Turnbull
MarkinOhio is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-18-2012, 12:24 PM   #1347
Newb
 
jerryageejr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Orange, TX
Posts: 8
Thanks!
jerryageejr is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-18-2012, 12:26 PM   #1348
Sponsoring Vendor
 
pat@fieldsauto.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Glenview
Posts: 3,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Void For Vagueness View Post
Wow- seems like a bad policy. It's 2012. Life is now on the internet. If I ran a dealership I would make sure my salespeople were on the internet all the time- on forums like this, on aftermarket parts sites, on rumor sites, etc. From a customer's perspective, every time I've bought a new car in the last decade, it's been downright frustrating that I know so much more about the products than the sales staff- and only from a couple of hours of internet research. You would think that management would want sales to be as knowledgeable as possible so that they can stay nimble and accommodating. If sales staff abuse internet privileges and start screwing around on youtube or whatever, why not use the old-fashioned "web filter" known as proper management?

I agree, but not all dealerships see it that way. That's why there are still dealerships that do the bait and switch, dealerships that don't put the window stickers to the new vehicles on their website for easy access by the consumers and dealerships that don't care if they sell you more than one vehicle.

Managers don't have the time to babysit and unfortunately there are those that need babysitting. I'm blessed to work where I do, I have the tools to do my job, I have an owner and a GM that are both customer oriented, management that helps me when I have 5 different people here at the same time and a service department that always helps. I get to wear shorts, I don't have to shave everyday and as long as I give 100% I know I'll have a job. I'm fortunate int he fact that I have a GM that is as loyal to me as I am to him. I've been here almost 8 years, selling Jeeps for almost 12 and I can't imagine working anywhere else.

This is why I constantly tell people to research the dealership as much as the price and I constantly get backlash. I know as a salesperson I am supposed to be the enemy, but you won't find an enemy that gives the information and the whole story like I do. The whole idea is to try to find someone who is as forthcoming with the info, doesn't play the games(this is 2012) and someone who wants your business, your familys business and your referrals for years down the road.

I always use ABT Electronics as an example, for the third year in a row they were named the best appliance store by Consumer Reports. I buy all of my stuff there and I do it because of the service after the fact. Obviously they are competitive, and since they are, that's where I choose to do business.
__________________
Patrick O'Donnell(Pat@Fieldsauto.com)
Fields Chrysler Jeep Dodge │ 2800 Patriot Blvd│ Glenview, IL 60026
847-446-5100 main│ 847-881-8313 direct
pat@fieldsauto.comFieldsChryslerJeepDodge.com
Have Questions About A New Jeep Purchase? CLICK HERE
pat@fieldsauto.com is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-18-2012, 12:31 PM   #1349
Jeeper
 
Void For Vagueness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Void For Vagueness View Post
If sales staff abuse internet privileges and start screwing around on youtube or whatever, why not use the old-fashioned "web filter" known as proper management?
Wanna know something ironic? I wrote the above while at work. And I don't sell Jeeps for a living.
__________________
2013 JK Unlimited Sport S, Black Clear Coat
(Ordered 6/13/12)
Void For Vagueness is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-18-2012, 12:36 PM   #1350
Jeeper
 
keschete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Void For Vagueness View Post
Wow- seems like a bad policy. It's 2012. Life is now on the internet. If I ran a dealership I would make sure my salespeople were on the internet all the time- on forums like this, on aftermarket parts sites, on rumor sites, etc. From a customer's perspective, every time I've bought a new car in the last decade, it's been downright frustrating that I know so much more about the products than the sales staff- and only from a couple of hours of internet research. You would think that management would want sales to be as knowledgeable as possible so that they can stay nimble and accommodating. If sales staff abuse internet privileges and start screwing around on youtube or whatever, why not use the old-fashioned "web filter" known as proper management?

You don't understand unless you are involved with a dealership.
Like Pat said, there are sales people who do more research, that is the sales person you want, the one who has been selling for a long time and knows their stuff.

He is also right that there is a lot of push to get 12's off the lot. On the other hand, ordering a vehicle is great for the dealership because they get inncentives for meeting sales quotas and a sold dealer order doesn't realistically cost anything to the dealer floorplan.

__________________
2013 JK Rubicon
2006 SRT 10, 2002 Z06
keschete is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



logo carid shop wrangler parts carid fender flares custom wheels store avs deflectors at carid

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:20 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC