2013's more rebates? - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 08-10-2013, 07:08 AM   #1
Jeeper
 
firervfd37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Salisbury, Maryland
Posts: 185
2013's more rebates?

I am in the process of looking for a 2013 Jeep Wrangler 2 door or 4 door. I am about to join Tread Lightly and I am curious if the MSRP on a Jeep is 29K, how much off is the 1% below invoice price? Also I know 2014's are rolling in and should there be some more rebates or incentives coming up soon on the 2013's? Thanks for any info, will be trading in my 2006 Chevy Silverado as well.

I am in the Salisbury, MD area if anyone knows a decent dealer in the area.

firervfd37 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-10-2013, 07:13 AM   #2
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by firervfd37 View Post
I am in the process of looking for a 2013 Jeep Wrangler 2 door or 4 door. I am about to join Tread Lightly and I am curious if the MSRP on a Jeep is 29K, how much off is the 1% below invoice price? Also I know 2014's are rolling in and should there be some more rebates or incentives coming up soon on the 2013's? Thanks for any info, will be trading in my 2006 Chevy Silverado as well.

I am in the Salisbury, MD area if anyone knows a decent dealer in the area.
Check Kelly blue book, its free. It will give you some basic pricing stuff. Enough to make you informed when you go in to negotiate.

When I bought my 13 back last December, the dealer told me KBB wasn't accurate, but in the end, we we pretty close to the numbers I found at KBB. I bought at dealer cost and came pretty close on trade value.

Mattk11 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-10-2013, 07:36 AM   #3
Jeeper
 
stack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Rochester NY
Posts: 126
I asked Jeep for a brochure but did not get a coupon. Joined tread lightly for 100 and got my info pack in a week or so. If you look a the top of this page you will see the 2014 info thread. In there someplace is the invoice pricing of the 2014s. I am sure there is a thread just like it for 2013.

My dealer told me they never discount Wranglers. They always sell. If they don't want to discount the one you want off the lot I would just order exactly what you want.

stack
stack is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-10-2013, 08:33 AM   #4
Newb
 
kraut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by stack View Post
My dealer told me they never discount Wranglers. They always sell.
Obviously his brother has a shop in Hamburg, Germany. That dealer told me the same crap (maybe to lower my expectations). I didn't negotiate and left the shop.

In the end I got 14% rebate at another store...
Sometimes it's smarter simply to go. Other mothers have nice daughters, too.
__________________
'13 Moab CRD AT 'Lipstick'-Lobster Stock
kraut is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-10-2013, 09:07 AM   #5
Jeeper
 
RoadiJeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 2,153
Quote:
Originally Posted by stack View Post
My dealer told me they never discount Wranglers. They always sell.
If a dealer told me that I would reply that THEY are not the only Jeep dealer in the country and other dealers DO discount Wranglers.

As far as determining the invoice price, people can go to someplace like cars.com or Edmunds, build a Jeep with the exact same options as the one they're looking at and it will show you what the invoice price is. Then just subtract 1% off that price and there's your Tread Lightly purchase price.

Remember, you have to be a member for 30 days before you can use the Affiliate Rewards program.
RoadiJeff is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-10-2013, 10:22 AM   #6
The Infamous One

WF Supporting Member
 
donmeca2020's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Hollywood, florida
Posts: 2,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by stack View Post
My dealer told me they never discount Wranglers. They always sell.

Apparently they all learn that sales line in Jeep salesmen school..... i've also heard that about a dozen times here in florida.

From what i've read on here via the forum 1% off of the invoice is about $298 dollars off the invoice price of the vehicle. when i calculated it also i came up with about $300 bucks off the invoice.

when you join treadlightly or work for a business thats chrysler affiliated they are REQUIRED to give you 1% off the invoice. if they don't you can report them to chrysler. when they give you 1% off they get 2% back from chrysler for honoring that system.

I've also heard numerous times from these jackasses that " they don't know or never heard of treadlightly" don't be fooled by that either.

all in all i've heard of some members on here getting up to 4% off invoice pricing and some people claim even more but i think more then 4% is just talk

so basically when you go to the next place try for at least 4% under invoice if they give you 3% i'd consider that as well.
__________________
2014 Copperhead Pearl Wrangler Unlimited Sport

" Revenge is never about the greater good. Itís a visceral need that has to be satisfied or the strong lose focus. "
donmeca2020 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-10-2013, 11:10 AM   #7
Jeeper
 
firervfd37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Salisbury, Maryland
Posts: 185
I just looked at a 2013 2 door wrangler freedom edition. MSRP is like 32450. They said with tread lightly it would 30200, not including tax tags.....good no good?
firervfd37 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-10-2013, 12:35 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
firervfd37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Salisbury, Maryland
Posts: 185
On another note since I just rejoined back into the Army National Guard, I do not qualify for the $500 military discount because I am only National Guard, but if I were to get out of the guard I would qualify since I am would be a honorably discharged veteran? I did 5 1/2 years active duty and just rejoined but now still cant get anything since I am not active duty, but if I get out I get the discount....makes no sense to me.
firervfd37 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-10-2013, 12:39 PM   #9
Jeeper
 
steve66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: sanford, florida
Posts: 381
The tread lightly program is 100 bucks?
__________________
-----------------
2012 Wrangler Sport (crush) sold!
2010 Carolla S
2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650
1965 Oldsmobile 442
steve66 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-10-2013, 12:57 PM   #10
Jeeper
 
firervfd37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Salisbury, Maryland
Posts: 185
Yah tread lightly is $100 to qualify for the Chrysler discount
firervfd37 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-10-2013, 01:06 PM   #11
Jeeper
 
steve66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: sanford, florida
Posts: 381
I almost signed up this morning, for the 25.00 level, glad I didn't.
__________________
-----------------
2012 Wrangler Sport (crush) sold!
2010 Carolla S
2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650
1965 Oldsmobile 442
steve66 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-10-2013, 01:17 PM   #12
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
ClayR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Kansas
Posts: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by donmeca2020 View Post
Apparently they all learn that sales line in Jeep salesmen school..... i've also heard that about a dozen times here in florida.

From what i've read on here via the forum 1% off of the invoice is about $298 dollars off the invoice price of the vehicle. when i calculated it also i came up with about $300 bucks off the invoice.

when you join treadlightly or work for a business thats chrysler affiliated they are REQUIRED to give you 1% off the invoice. if they don't you can report them to chrysler. when they give you 1% off they get 2% back from chrysler for honoring that system.

I've also heard numerous times from these jackasses that " they don't know or never heard of treadlightly" don't be fooled by that either.

all in all i've heard of some members on here getting up to 4% off invoice pricing and some people claim even more but i think more then 4% is just talk

so basically when you go to the next place try for at least 4% under invoice if they give you 3% i'd consider that as well.
A dealer is not required to do anything. It is up to the dealers discretion because the dealer owns the vehicle.

I have a hard time believing people when they say they get 4% back of invoice on anything let alone Chrysler's most popular model, I wonder how much of a doc fee is paid, $1000.

You should be very happy to get a Wrangler at 1% back of invoice with tread lightly.

Don't expect any rebates on the 13's.

Now, if you are lucky enough to buy a car on the last day of the month when the dealer needs to hit his number to get paid from Chrysler, they will lose a few hundred bucks or even a thousand to get a larger payday from Chrysler.

But a dealer doesn't have to do anything they don't want to, except fix warranty work.
ClayR is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-10-2013, 01:40 PM   #13
The Infamous One

WF Supporting Member
 
donmeca2020's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Hollywood, florida
Posts: 2,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClayR View Post
A dealer is not required to do anything. It is up to the dealers discretion because the dealer owns the vehicle.

I have a hard time believing people when they say they get 4% back of invoice on anything let alone Chrysler's most popular model, I wonder how much of a doc fee is paid, $1000.

You should be very happy to get a Wrangler at 1% back of invoice with tread lightly.

Don't expect any rebates on the 13's.

Now, if you are lucky enough to buy a car on the last day of the month when the dealer needs to hit his number to get paid from Chrysler, they will lose a few hundred bucks or even a thousand to get a larger payday from Chrysler.

But a dealer doesn't have to do anything they don't want to, except fix warranty work.
the dealer doesn't have to do anything? well then the dealer can also lose a sale and or lose $30K to $40k.... thats their loss not the customers. also thats the reason why i walked out disappointed from a good dozen or so jeep dealerships here in florida. just nonsense trying to jack up the pricing of vehicles and not giving any type of deal to someone interested in buying the vehicle....

They are not required ??? then they can be reported to Chrysler in a heartbeat..... maybe some of you mom and pop dealerships won't accept treadlightly but the big companies should and do accept them after getting the OK with their manager.

As far as rebates an incentives go, whats all this summer jeep clearance nonsense?? oh let me guess it doesn't apply to wranglers....

I said once throughout the last 4 months of me frequently going on this forum and i'll say it again. i have never dealt with this many morons and shady salesmen of cars EVER until i decided i wanted to buy a jeep wrangler
__________________
2014 Copperhead Pearl Wrangler Unlimited Sport

" Revenge is never about the greater good. Itís a visceral need that has to be satisfied or the strong lose focus. "
donmeca2020 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-10-2013, 02:09 PM   #14
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
ClayR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Kansas
Posts: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by donmeca2020 View Post
the dealer doesn't have to do anything? well then the dealer can also lose a sale and or lose $30K to $40k.... thats their loss not the customers. also thats the reason why i walked out disappointed from a good dozen or so jeep dealerships here in florida. just nonsense trying to jack up the pricing of vehicles and not giving any type of deal to someone interested in buying the vehicle....

They are not required ??? then they can be reported to Chrysler in a heartbeat..... maybe some of you mom and pop dealerships won't accept treadlightly but the big companies should and do accept them after getting the OK with their manager.

As far as rebates an incentives go, whats all this summer jeep clearance nonsense?? oh let me guess it doesn't apply to wranglers....

I said once throughout the last 4 months of me frequently going on this forum and i'll say it again. i have never dealt with this many morons and shady salesmen of cars EVER until i decided i wanted to buy a jeep wrangler
Supply and Demand and Oppertunity costs. I am a dealer so I know how it works, we own the vehicle, not Chrysler. You can complain all you want about not getting 1% back of invoice, but you won't get anywhere. We would sell any Wrangler, besides a fancy limited edition, using an affiliate reward. Try buying and SRT Grand Cherokee or Deisel option with the affilitate reward, I doubt you will get one. But like I said, if a dealer NEEDS to hit a number, they will, because it is their discretion.

I am not trying to pick a fight with you, I am here as a Jeep enthusiest, not a Jeep dealer, but can provide certain insight as to why it is the way it is.
ClayR is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-10-2013, 02:11 PM   #15
Jeeper
 
Cdwright's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by donmeca2020 View Post

the dealer doesn't have to do anything? well then the dealer can also lose a sale and or lose $30K to $40k.... thats their loss not the customers. also thats the reason why i walked out disappointed from a good dozen or so jeep dealerships here in florida. just nonsense trying to jack up the pricing of vehicles and not giving any type of deal to someone interested in buying the vehicle....

They are not required ??? then they can be reported to Chrysler in a heartbeat..... maybe some of you mom and pop dealerships won't accept treadlightly but the big companies should and do accept them after getting the OK with their manager.

As far as rebates an incentives go, whats all this summer jeep clearance nonsense?? oh let me guess it doesn't apply to wranglers....

I said once throughout the last 4 months of me frequently going on this forum and i'll say it again. i have never dealt with this many morons and shady salesmen of cars EVER until i decided i wanted to buy a jeep wrangler
Are you going to get your '14 at Fields?
Cdwright is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-10-2013, 02:38 PM   #16
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
Zombicon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Wake Forest, NC
Posts: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdwright View Post

Are you going to get your '14 at Fields?
I must say, going purely from what I've read on this forum about Pat and Fields, after the bait-and-switch from a local dealer on a 2014 order, it was a toss-up: either order a 2014 from Fields, a one-way plane ticket and a long-a$$ car ride vs a not-so-long-a$$ round trip to VA for a great deal on a 2013.

I did the latter simply because it was easier for me personally. If I was nearer to a Fields dealer, I would have gone that route.

Not a paid spokesman, just impressed with what I've read.

Peace!
__________________
2013 Billet Silver JKU Rubicon
Zombicon is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-10-2013, 03:30 PM   #17
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
Zombicon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Wake Forest, NC
Posts: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClayR View Post
I have a hard time believing people when they say they get 4% back of invoice on anything let alone Chrysler's most popular model, I wonder how much of a doc fee is paid, $1000.
Not to keep plowing this field, as it were, but this.

I'm sure there are folks out there who won the deal lottery. Good for them! Maybe they know someone, maybe they got a good price on a lemon, maybe it was their turn take advantage of a random confluence of events that allowed them to "stick it" to some shuckster who still deals like it's 1990. Revel in your good fortune and enjoy the ride!

But for the rest, I call shenanigans on "deals" like "I got 3% under invoice for a 2014 order plus all the hold-back" unless you prove it. The dealer is going to profit from a sale, one way or another. If not from you, then from the next (hopefully low-information) buyer.

All you can do is arm yourself with enough information to know how much they stand to make, know how much you're willing to pay, be happy if a "deal" is struck somewhere in the middle, and be prepared to walk away if not.

Peace!
__________________
2013 Billet Silver JKU Rubicon
Zombicon is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-10-2013, 03:48 PM   #18
The Infamous One

WF Supporting Member
 
donmeca2020's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Hollywood, florida
Posts: 2,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClayR View Post
Supply and Demand and Oppertunity costs. I am a dealer so I know how it works, we own the vehicle, not Chrysler. You can complain all you want about not getting 1% back of invoice, but you won't get anywhere. We would sell any Wrangler, besides a fancy limited edition, using an affiliate reward. Try buying and SRT Grand Cherokee or Deisel option with the affilitate reward, I doubt you will get one. But like I said, if a dealer NEEDS to hit a number, they will, because it is their discretion.

I am not trying to pick a fight with you, I am here as a Jeep enthusiest, not a Jeep dealer, but can provide certain insight as to why it is the way it is.
keep in mind considering your showing off your dealer logo as well as a link to their site. i suggest you sign up to a be vendor.... this forum will not tolerate that.

Back on subject we aren't talking about SRT models nor the newest cherokee .... we are discussing wranglers, this is a wrangler forum isn't it ?

Now regardless how YOUR dealership works, about a good 90% of dealers WILL honor that. regardless if they have no idea what it is or whatever. and if someone doesn't, from what i have read numerous times on this forum that you can report that unwilling dealership to Chrysler and there will be issues.

your telling me i or anyone complaining that they won't get anywhere about not getting 1% off the invoice??? yes we will.... we'll go to another dealership and spend money there not at your dealership or any other that isn't on board.

I await to see all the responses that your posts will bring

I'm also a jeep enthusiast and not trying to make a big battle here, but i WON"T have a salesman who is located in the boonies tell me how it works and how i will spend MY MONEY or on how buying a car works.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdwright View Post
Are you going to get your '14 at Fields?

Yes i am actually.... at their Sanford, Florida location. i have been talking on and off with Brian Williams for last couple months, and as soon as the color im interested in is available ill be making that call to him to put the order in.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombicon View Post
Not to keep plowing this field, as it were, but this.

I'm sure there are folks out there who won the deal lottery. Good for them! Maybe they know someone, maybe they got a good price on a lemon, maybe it was their turn take advantage of a random confluence of events that allowed them to "stick it" to some shuckster who still deals like it's 1990. Revel in your good fortune and enjoy the ride!

But for the rest, I call shenanigans on "deals" like "I got 3% under invoice for a 2014 order plus all the hold-back" unless you prove it. The dealer is going to profit from a sale, one way or another. If not from you, then from the next (hopefully low-information) buyer.

All you can do is arm yourself with enough information to know how much they stand to make, know how much you're willing to pay, be happy if a "deal" is struck somewhere in the middle, and be prepared to walk away if not.

Peace!
i agree , as a matter of fact i call BS on someone claiming they got MORE then 4% off invoice... it sounds unrealistic to me that a dealer would go that low.

As far as the dealer has to make some sort of profit. Yes of course, but they shouldnt be making a fortune off of us..... i know there's quite a few idiots in this world that'll just pay whatever the dealership has on the sticker. thats because they don't know how to buy a car or there's some people who just don't care and buy it because they want it. understandable of course

I can speak for myself and probably many others. i will not get ripped off nor taking advantage of by a car salesman sorry....
__________________
2014 Copperhead Pearl Wrangler Unlimited Sport

" Revenge is never about the greater good. Itís a visceral need that has to be satisfied or the strong lose focus. "
donmeca2020 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-10-2013, 03:55 PM   #19
Jeeper
 
steve66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: sanford, florida
Posts: 381
Quote:
Originally Posted by donmeca2020 View Post
keep in mind considering your showing off your dealer logo as well as a link to their site. i suggest you sign up to a be vendor.... this forum will not tolerate that.

Back on subject we aren't talking about SRT models nor the newest cherokee .... we are discussing wranglers, this is a wrangler forum isn't it ?

Now regardless how YOUR dealership works, about a good 90% of dealers WILL honor that. regardless if they have no idea what it is or whatever. and if someone doesn't, from what i have read numerous times on this forum that you can report that unwilling dealership to Chrysler and there will be issues.

your telling me i or anyone complaining that they won't get anywhere about not getting 1% off the invoice??? yes we will.... we'll go to another dealership and spend money there not at your dealership or any other that isn't on board.

I await to see all the responses that your posts will bring

I'm also a jeep enthusiast and not trying to make a big battle here, but i WON"T have a salesman who is located in the boonies tell me how it works and how i will spend MY MONEY or on how buying a car works.






Yes i am actually.... at their Sanford, Florida location. i have been talking on and off with Brian Williams for last couple months, and as soon as the color im interested in is available ill be making that call to him to put the order in.




i agree , as a matter of fact i call BS on someone claiming they got MORE then 4% off invoice... it sounds unrealistic to me that a dealer would go that low.

As far as the dealer has to make some sort of profit. Yes of course, but they shouldnt be making a fortune off of us..... i know there's quite a few idiots in this world that'll just pay whatever the dealership has on the sticker. thats because they don't know how to buy a car or there's some people who just don't care and buy it because they want it. understandable of course

I can speak for myself and probably many others. i will not get ripped off nor taking advantage of by a car salesman sorry....

If I would have known you are at Fields, I would have met you there, just to say "hey", im only 5 miles away. Im thinking about ordering next weekend.
__________________
-----------------
2012 Wrangler Sport (crush) sold!
2010 Carolla S
2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650
1965 Oldsmobile 442
steve66 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-10-2013, 04:02 PM   #20
The Infamous One

WF Supporting Member
 
donmeca2020's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Hollywood, florida
Posts: 2,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve66 View Post
If I would have known you are at Fields, I would have met you there, just to say "hey", im only 5 miles away. Im thinking about ordering next weekend.
I'm actually near ft lauderdale, florida. when i go to pick her up i'll contact you im sure thats going to be 3 months from now lol figure order it next month, wait at least 1-2 months then it should be ready.
__________________
2014 Copperhead Pearl Wrangler Unlimited Sport

" Revenge is never about the greater good. Itís a visceral need that has to be satisfied or the strong lose focus. "
donmeca2020 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-10-2013, 04:08 PM   #21
Jeeper
 
steve66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: sanford, florida
Posts: 381
Quote:
Originally Posted by donmeca2020 View Post
I'm actually near ft lauderdale, florida. when i go to pick her up i'll contact you im sure thats going to be 3 months from now lol figure order it next month, wait at least 1-2 months then it should be ready.

Gotcha, I misunderstood, thought you are there right now, give me shout when you make it up here, we will meet up and talk Jeep.
__________________
-----------------
2012 Wrangler Sport (crush) sold!
2010 Carolla S
2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650
1965 Oldsmobile 442
steve66 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-10-2013, 07:06 PM   #22
Jeeper
 
firervfd37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Salisbury, Maryland
Posts: 185
Sorry that my first post started this whole thing, I was just curious if other people were seeing the same pricing for the 2 door Wrangler Freedom Edition? Also I am trading in my 2006 Chevy Silverado which has the 6.0L V8 and will have to get used to a lot smaller V6. But i think I am ready to slow down and just cruise now. Thanks for all the comments though.
firervfd37 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-11-2013, 03:18 AM   #23
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: spartanburg, SC
Posts: 20
Check out truecar.com
__________________
ordered my 10A 3/25, 2 dr, billet silver metallic, 6-spd, dual top, tow group, red/black int.

4/09 D, 4/12 D1, 4/23 F, 4/24 KZ, 4/25 KZO, 4/29 KZT, 5/3 KZU, 5/6 KZX
PeTeJonEs is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-11-2013, 07:18 AM   #24
Jeeper
 
Drmad7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: No longer in Afghanistan... Ohio
Posts: 617
OP, as was mentioned earlier, check out page one of the 2014 info and the same for 2013 thread. It will list MSRP and Invoice price is the second number. Dealers usually honor Tread Lightly/Affiliates Discount on Wranglers but not SRT models and such. What DonMecca was stating, I think, is that the dealers are not supposed to honor the discount on one model Wrangler and refuse to honor it on another. I told my dealer that I planned to use Tread Lightly for my 13' 10th Anniversary order but wanted a discount closer to what folks on WranglerForum were getting. Over the phone we came up with 3.9% below invoice which was $550.00 above Employee Pricing. I SIGNED the Purchase Agreement for the sale and waited almost 4 months for the Jeep to come in. I had to pull out my copy of the purchase agreement in order for them to honor the price for the jeep that I ordered. Good Luck and shoot for 10% below MSRP as a rule of thumb.
Drmad7 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-11-2013, 09:44 AM   #25
The Infamous One

WF Supporting Member
 
donmeca2020's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Hollywood, florida
Posts: 2,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by firervfd37 View Post
Sorry that my first post started this whole thing, I was just curious if other people were seeing the same pricing for the 2 door Wrangler Freedom Edition? Also I am trading in my 2006 Chevy Silverado which has the 6.0L V8 and will have to get used to a lot smaller V6. But i think I am ready to slow down and just cruise now. Thanks for all the comments though.
I can't stress this enough of course everyone is going to do whats better for them. do not trade in... sell privately and get your moneys worth. if you trade in the usually don't give you exactly what you want and they tend to jack up the pricing on the other end of the new vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drmad7 View Post
OP, as was mentioned earlier, check out page one of the 2014 info and the same for 2013 thread. It will list MSRP and Invoice price is the second number. Dealers usually honor Tread Lightly/Affiliates Discount on Wranglers but not SRT models and such. What DonMecca was stating, I think, is that the dealers are not supposed to honor the discount on one model Wrangler and refuse to honor it on another. I told my dealer that I planned to use Tread Lightly for my 13' 10th Anniversary order but wanted a discount closer to what folks on WranglerForum were getting. Over the phone we came up with 3.9% below invoice which was $550.00 above Employee Pricing. I SIGNED the Purchase Agreement for the sale and waited almost 4 months for the Jeep to come in. I had to pull out my copy of the purchase agreement in order for them to honor the price for the jeep that I ordered. Good Luck and shoot for 10% below MSRP as a rule of thumb.
noooo , im not getting into this whole thing again, but i read on here NUMEROUS times that If one of these dealerships don't honor treadlightly they can easily be reported to chrysler. as for this car salesman here... his dealership doesn't have to honor it but he will lose a large amount of sales if he doesn't oh well.... not my problem
__________________
2014 Copperhead Pearl Wrangler Unlimited Sport

" Revenge is never about the greater good. Itís a visceral need that has to be satisfied or the strong lose focus. "
donmeca2020 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-17-2013, 07:27 PM   #26
Jeeper
 
firervfd37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Salisbury, Maryland
Posts: 185
So I ordered the jeep brochure/info off of Jeep.com and got no $500 discount...damn haha. Guess I will possibly be ordering a 2014, thanks for the information
firervfd37 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-18-2013, 10:55 AM   #27
Jeeper
 
BodhiMiles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 55
Ask the dealer for a printout that shows the invoice pricing. My company gets 1% below on Jeeps and when I went to the dealer, we built it on his computer and printed out with invoice pricing and on the bottom it shows different programs such as the 1% below price as well as their employee pricing. I went on edmunds.com to verify and ordered my Jeep. I'm pretty sure they're supposed to disclose the invoice price to you if you ask, and if they don't go to a dealer that will.

Also, check your local thread on here and see if anyone can recommend a non-scumbag dealership.

BodhiMiles is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:10 PM.



Jeepģ, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC