2014 Confirmed color discussion - Page 7 - Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 07-09-2013, 04:56 PM   #181
Commercial Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Sucker Punch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 2,108
Yeah, I am holding out until tomorrow, but will likely be August...



Sucker Punch is offline   Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 04:59 PM   #182
Jeeper
 
donmeca2020's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Hollywood, florida
Posts: 2,960
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sucker Punch View Post
Yeah, I am holding out until tomorrow, but will likely be August...


i think your thinking positive... i'd love to hear something this week as well, but i honestly think september will be the release time for these new ones. its like like a rollercoaster waiting for these colors to become available. One minute you feel all excited and great next moment disappointment. because once again no info ready and available...

__________________
2014 Copperhead Pearl Wrangler Unlimited Sport

Claiming to be Off-road 24/7 and living the Mountain man life. that's the WF member way
donmeca2020 is online now   Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 05:37 PM   #183
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by finaldestiny979 View Post
I think we are all in the same boat with my commando green gone i need something better than the basic white black grey so any info on the other colors i am dying for. Heres hoping tomorrow is the day
I don't know what kind of Wrangler you want but my local dealer just got a 2013 JKU Sport in Commando. Black hard top. It's in coastal GA. PM me if interested and i will send you name of dealer.
Arturo22 is offline   Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:42 PM   #184
Commercial Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Sucker Punch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 2,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by donmeca2020 View Post
i think your thinking positive... i'd love to hear something this week as well, but i honestly think september will be the release time for these new ones. its like like a rollercoaster waiting for these colors to become available. One minute you feel all excited and great next moment disappointment. because once again no info ready and available...
More time to invest and research mods I honestly will be happy to take delivery of my Jeep by the first part of November. Anytime I can get it before then is gravy...
Sucker Punch is offline   Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:08 PM   #185
Jeeper
 
donmeca2020's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Hollywood, florida
Posts: 2,960
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sucker Punch View Post
More time to invest and research mods I honestly will be happy to take delivery of my Jeep by the first part of November. Anytime I can get it before then is gravy...
i would love to be positive minded about it and say " yea... definetly tomorrow we should here something" i'm not going to lie to myself or anyone lol

the wait has become treacherous...
__________________
2014 Copperhead Pearl Wrangler Unlimited Sport

Claiming to be Off-road 24/7 and living the Mountain man life. that's the WF member way
donmeca2020 is online now   Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:47 AM   #186
Commercial Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Sucker Punch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 2,108
As of 9:00 am central time according to one of my local dealers - Granite is still not available to order... Looks like it will be another month or more of waiting... Bummer
Sucker Punch is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:08 AM   #187
Jeeper
 
donmeca2020's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Hollywood, florida
Posts: 2,960
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sucker Punch View Post
As of 9:00 am central time according to one of my local dealers - Granite is still not available to order... Looks like it will be another month or more of waiting... Bummer
yea i noticed Pat never said anything about colors as of today.... i also spoke with another dealership. he told me the same speal. " Ahhh as of now only thing you can order as of now. white,black,silver,dune,flame red, and anvil..... BAHHHH
__________________
2014 Copperhead Pearl Wrangler Unlimited Sport

Claiming to be Off-road 24/7 and living the Mountain man life. that's the WF member way
donmeca2020 is online now   Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:42 AM   #188
Sponsoring Vendor
 
pat@fieldsauto.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Glenview
Posts: 3,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by donmeca2020 View Post

yea i noticed Pat never said anything about colors as of today.... i also spoke with another dealership. he told me the same speal. " Ahhh as of now only thing you can order as of now. white,black,silver,dune,flame red, and anvil..... BAHHHH
There won't be any new colors released this month.
__________________
Patrick O'Donnell
Fields Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram │ 2800 Patriot Blvd│ Glenview, IL 60026
847-446-5100 main
pat@fieldsauto.com is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:46 AM   #189
Jeeper
 
donmeca2020's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Hollywood, florida
Posts: 2,960
Quote:
Originally Posted by pat@fieldsauto.com View Post
There won't be any new colors released this month.
wow ...
__________________
2014 Copperhead Pearl Wrangler Unlimited Sport

Claiming to be Off-road 24/7 and living the Mountain man life. that's the WF member way
donmeca2020 is online now   Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 01:18 PM   #190
Commercial Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Sucker Punch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 2,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by pat@fieldsauto.com View Post
There won't be any new colors released this month.
Thanks Pat. Are you certain that the new colors will be released this "Fall"? I personally don't have a problem waiting a couple months if I need to, but I don't want November or December to roll around with no new colors. I know you have no control over the colors, but what does your gut think?
Sucker Punch is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 01:29 PM   #191
yeah,,,, im that good

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
panthermark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago-land
Posts: 10,871
Ah....the "new color wait".... Always a good time.

First you wait for the color the be released, they you wait for the color to actually show up on a Jeep and hope someone takes a picture, then you wait to see one in person, then your order and hope you beat the allocation window...all while complaining about Jeep's staggered process and hoping another color you may want does not close.

__________________
2013 Sahara Unlimited
Billet - Auto - 3.73 - Connectivity - Painted Hardtop - LSD - Remote Start - Saddle Leather - Side Airbags

I may mall crawl...but I look good doing it.....
panthermark is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 01:34 PM   #192
Commercial Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Sucker Punch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 2,108
Yeah, what can I say? I am a sucker for granite. I'm nuts and plan on ordering before I ever see it on a Jeep...
Sucker Punch is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 01:46 PM   #193
Jeeper
 
jdambm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: St. louis, Mo
Posts: 952
Send a message via Yahoo to jdambm
Quote:
Originally Posted by panthermark View Post
Ah....the "new color wait".... Always a good time.

First you wait for the color the be released, they you wait for the color to actually show up on a Jeep and hope someone takes a picture, then you wait to see one in person, then your order and hope you beat the allocation window...all while complaining about Jeep's staggered process and hoping another color you may want does not close.

Panther are you still thinking about that awesome winter chill short run color that was awesome
jdambm is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 01:50 PM   #194
yeah,,,, im that good

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
panthermark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago-land
Posts: 10,871
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdambm View Post
Panther are you still thinking about that awesome winter chill short run color that was awesome
Winter Chill was super awesome....and only available in non Arctic's for 47 seconds. Thanks Jeep....

Luckily, Billet turned out to be its cousin...so I'm happy.
__________________
2013 Sahara Unlimited
Billet - Auto - 3.73 - Connectivity - Painted Hardtop - LSD - Remote Start - Saddle Leather - Side Airbags

I may mall crawl...but I look good doing it.....
panthermark is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 01:58 PM   #195
Jeeper
 
donmeca2020's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Hollywood, florida
Posts: 2,960
Quote:
Originally Posted by panthermark View Post
Winter Chill was super awesome....and only available in non Arctic's for 47 seconds. Thanks Jeep....

Luckily, Billet turned out to be its cousin...so I'm happy.
They claim none of the new colors will be a limited run.... or so they say hmmm
__________________
2014 Copperhead Pearl Wrangler Unlimited Sport

Claiming to be Off-road 24/7 and living the Mountain man life. that's the WF member way
donmeca2020 is online now   Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 02:03 PM   #196
Jeeper
 
jdambm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: St. louis, Mo
Posts: 952
Send a message via Yahoo to jdambm
Quote:
Originally Posted by panthermark View Post

Winter Chill was super awesome....and only available in non Arctic's for 47 seconds. Thanks Jeep....

Luckily, Billet turned out to be its cousin...so I'm happy.
I did not realize it was open that long lol but i agree i love our billet as well
jdambm is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 02:11 PM   #197
Sponsoring Vendor
 
pat@fieldsauto.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Glenview
Posts: 3,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sucker Punch View Post

Thanks Pat. Are you certain that the new colors will be released this "Fall"? I personally don't have a problem waiting a couple months if I need to, but I don't want November or December to roll around with no new colors. I know you have no control over the colors, but what does your gut think?
Not all colors will be available this fall. They will stagger them through out the model year.
__________________
Patrick O'Donnell
Fields Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram │ 2800 Patriot Blvd│ Glenview, IL 60026
847-446-5100 main
pat@fieldsauto.com is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 03:47 PM   #198
Commercial Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Sucker Punch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 2,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by pat@fieldsauto.com View Post
Not all colors will be available this fall. They will stagger them through out the model year.
Yeah, that makes sense. Now as far as Granite and Copperhead are concerned on the 2014 info thread you have that they will arrive "Fall 2013". Is this guaranteed that both of these colors will be available before the end of the year and some time this Fall? I am willing to wait a couple more months for granite, but I don't want to be twiddling my thumbs in December(I consider that winter and not Fall) still hoping for granite to be available.

If I can order a granite between now and the first of November then I will wait it out. I just don't think I can wait a whole lot longer than that. I have Jeep anxiety. No joke, I just left the psychiatrist with a bag full of meds to suppress my Jeep cravings and sleepless nights. That last part about losing sleep over this jeep... Yep, I even dream about the Jeep
Sucker Punch is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 04:41 PM   #199
Jeeper
 
scipio337's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sucker Punch View Post
Yeah, that makes sense. Now as far as Granite and Copperhead are concerned on the 2014 info thread you have that they will arrive "Fall 2013". Is this guaranteed that both of these colors will be available before the end of the year and some time this Fall? I am willing to wait a couple more months for granite, but I don't want to be twiddling my thumbs in December(I consider that winter and not Fall) still hoping for granite to be available.

If I can order a granite between now and the first of November then I will wait it out. I just don't think I can wait a whole lot longer than that. I have Jeep anxiety. No joke, I just left the psychiatrist with a bag full of meds to suppress my Jeep cravings and sleepless nights. That last part about losing sleep over this jeep... Yep, I even dream about the Jeep
The only thing "guaranteed" is that Chrysler can change anything at any time. Hopefully they don't this year.

Panther forgot the "color you want scheduled for a later allocation" changes. Take a look at the early 2013 thread, and see the agony.

I joined this forum in July of last year primarily due to interest in two colors (Commando and Dune) last year, and didn't order until May of this year due to Chrysler shuffling dates, waiting to see them in person, etc...

I also lost out on a $500 cash allowance (expired 01/31/13) that was never re-sent, despite dozens of brochures requested and multiple calls to Chrysler. (but in the end, I freaking love my Commando JKU)

Good luck in this wait, but just know that it will require the patience of Job.
scipio337 is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 04:58 PM   #200
Commercial Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Sucker Punch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 2,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by scipio337 View Post
The only thing "guaranteed" is that Chrysler can change anything at any time. Hopefully they don't this year.

Panther forgot the "color you want scheduled for a later allocation" changes. Take a look at the early 2013 thread, and see the agony.

I joined this forum in July of last year primarily due to interest in two colors (Commando and Dune) last year, and didn't order until May of this year due to Chrysler shuffling dates, waiting to see them in person, etc...

I also lost out on a $500 cash allowance (expired 01/31/13) that was never re-sent, despite dozens of brochures requested and multiple calls to Chrysler. (but in the end, I freaking love my Commando JKU)

Good luck in this wait, but just know that it will require the patience of Job.
HAHA, I think you are right. It is going to take A LOT of patience to get thru this wait! It sounds like the wait was worth it for you though. I can only hope I feel the same about granite. I also have to hope I'm not waiting until next year for granite to be available.

I am going to search for that old thread you refrenced so I can get an idea of the pain and agony others have gone thru waiting for the right color.
Sucker Punch is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 05:00 PM   #201
Jeeper
 
donmeca2020's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Hollywood, florida
Posts: 2,960
Quote:
Originally Posted by scipio337 View Post
The only thing "guaranteed" is that Chrysler can change anything at any time. Hopefully they don't this year.

Panther forgot the "color you want scheduled for a later allocation" changes. Take a look at the early 2013 thread, and see the agony.

I joined this forum in July of last year primarily due to interest in two colors (Commando and Dune) last year, and didn't order until May of this year due to Chrysler shuffling dates, waiting to see them in person, etc...

I also lost out on a $500 cash allowance (expired 01/31/13) that was never re-sent, despite dozens of brochures requested and multiple calls to Chrysler. (but in the end, I freaking love my Commando JKU)

Good luck in this wait, but just know that it will require the patience of Job.
I hear that !! i honestly want a copperhead JKU but i have been waiting the last 3 months to jump into a new toy. i am even considering Anvil at this moment. im sure you and everyone else knows... This waiting game starts to give headaches. i have never ordered a vehicle before, nor have i ever had this hard of a time getting the color i wanted and in a timely manner...

Maybe it's just different when it comes to japanese automakers comparing to american. I really dont know....
__________________
2014 Copperhead Pearl Wrangler Unlimited Sport

Claiming to be Off-road 24/7 and living the Mountain man life. that's the WF member way
donmeca2020 is online now   Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 05:16 PM   #202
yeah,,,, im that good

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
panthermark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago-land
Posts: 10,871
LOL...forgot about the "$500 coupon dance"...

You order 5 brochures under different addresses and wait for two months hoping you get one...and IF you do get one, the first thing you do is check the expiration date to see if you will be able to pick up your Wrangler by the time it expires. And if it does expire, do you wait on a 2nd one which may or may not come.

Oh, and let us not forget the random Chrysler price increase. I ordered in early October, but a 10/1 price increase cost me $500 for the exact same Jeep.

The Commando Green thread was pure entertainment....everyone one was waiting on that color...then wanted to see it in person. My original order was supposed to be a Commando Green Sport S, and prior to that, a Winter Chill Sahara...but the timing can be a beast.

Have fun! It is all worth it in the end...
__________________
2013 Sahara Unlimited
Billet - Auto - 3.73 - Connectivity - Painted Hardtop - LSD - Remote Start - Saddle Leather - Side Airbags

I may mall crawl...but I look good doing it.....
panthermark is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 05:28 PM   #203
Jeeper
 
BostonStrong77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 452
Don't forget the 6-8 week wait after you order for it to arrive!
BostonStrong77 is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 05:31 PM   #204
Jeeper
 
donmeca2020's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Hollywood, florida
Posts: 2,960
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sucker Punch View Post
Yeah, that makes sense. Now as far as Granite and Copperhead are concerned on the 2014 info thread you have that they will arrive "Fall 2013". Is this guaranteed that both of these colors will be available before the end of the year and some time this Fall? I am willing to wait a couple more months for granite, but I don't want to be twiddling my thumbs in December(I consider that winter and not Fall) still hoping for granite to be available.

If I can order a granite between now and the first of November then I will wait it out. I just don't think I can wait a whole lot longer than that. I have Jeep anxiety. No joke, I just left the psychiatrist with a bag full of meds to suppress my Jeep cravings and sleepless nights. That last part about losing sleep over this jeep... Yep, I even dream about the Jeep
you know it gets bad and your really wanting something when you feel that way lol for some reason the other day i was daydreaming picturing myself driving around in one with the roof and doors off while jammin out to some of my favorite music on a sunny day
__________________
2014 Copperhead Pearl Wrangler Unlimited Sport

Claiming to be Off-road 24/7 and living the Mountain man life. that's the WF member way
donmeca2020 is online now   Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:32 PM   #205
Commercial Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Sucker Punch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 2,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonStrong77 View Post
Don't forget the 6-8 week wait after you order for it to arrive!
I'm looking forward to those 6-8 Weeks! At least I will be able to count down the weeks. This not knowing when/if colors will be available is driving me nuts
Sucker Punch is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:38 PM   #206
Jeeper
 
BostonStrong77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sucker Punch View Post
I'm looking forward to those 6-8 Weeks! At least I will be able to count down the weeks. This not knowing when/if colors will be available is driving me nuts
I know. I'm actually excited about that wait!
BostonStrong77 is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:12 PM   #207
Jeeper
 
donmeca2020's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Hollywood, florida
Posts: 2,960
i wouldn't mind the 6 to 8 week wait. i would just like to find out when we can order one of those 3 colors.... it seems like now its uncertain whether jeep will even release them sometime this year or begining of next.....
__________________
2014 Copperhead Pearl Wrangler Unlimited Sport

Claiming to be Off-road 24/7 and living the Mountain man life. that's the WF member way
donmeca2020 is online now   Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:26 PM   #208
Jeeper
 
Cdwright's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,530
Quote:
Originally Posted by panthermark View Post

Winter Chill was super awesome....and only available in non Arctic's for 47 seconds. Thanks Jeep....

Luckily, Billet turned out to be its cousin...so I'm happy.
The wranglers do come in some great colors.
Cdwright is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:27 PM   #209
Jeeper
 
BostonStrong77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by donmeca2020 View Post
i wouldn't mind the 6 to 8 week wait. i would just like to find out when we can order one of those 3 colors.... it seems like now its uncertain whether jeep will even release them sometime this year or begining of next.....
It's time to pull the trigger and not look back!!
BostonStrong77 is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:41 PM   #210
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Royal Oak, MI
Posts: 68
If anyone was curious what COPPERHEAD might look like- I've (borrowed) pics from somebody's jeep that was mango tango. I think they were from here, if I have offended anyone - moderators please delete post.

Anyway, I went to a dealer that has a ram in copperhead and played in photoshop until the colors were about right. I've attached a pic of the ram as well.
Klink
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2385604226.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	151.2 KB
ID:	271223   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1209148793.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	133.3 KB
ID:	271225  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3905629807.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	131.6 KB
ID:	271227  

__________________
KlinK
2014 JKUSpt Copperhead Hopeful
Current: '11 Chevy Malipoo - waiting lease out...
Klinkenstein is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:12 AM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC