2014 Heated Seat OEM factory component list - Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today



Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 10-08-2013, 05:01 PM   #1
Newb
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 11
theonlyrobertson is on a distinguished road
2014 Heated Seat OEM factory component list

At the risk of getting hammered on this, I have not been able to find a list that spells out ALL the necessary components to install factory heated seats in a 2014 (not the mopar kit). I would imagine it would include a completely new lower switch panel (along with it's PC board). The power module (that also provides 115V I think), wiring, and seat heater elements(or the assembly they come in). Lastly, a flash at the dealer for the CAN bus to see it.

Does this exist somewhere? I'd like to understand what it takes to put heated seats (that are factory) in a Sport model with cloth seats.

Thanks for any insight!


theonlyrobertson is offline   Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 05:33 PM   #2
Jeeper
 
KC_Hawker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Too far from any coast.
Posts: 982
KC_Hawker is on a distinguished road
It does not have to be that involved. There is a Mopar kit to add it. I had the kit negotiated into the price of my leftover 2013. I am picking it up tomorrow and will let you know how it went.

http://www.mopar.com/part/82212697

KC_Hawker is offline   Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:18 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
WaltA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: 3rd Planet, Sol system
Posts: 6,756
WaltA is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Hawker View Post
It does not have to be that involved. There is a Mopar kit to add it. I had the kit negotiated into the price of my leftover 2013. I am picking it up tomorrow and will let you know how it went.

Heated Seats - 82212697 | Mopar
I think the OP might be seeking the "factory look" switches up on the dash, rather than the Mopar kit's console mounted switches.
__________________
Current Jeep:
2014 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon X
Previous Jeeps:
1987 Wrangler Laredo
1999 Cherokee Limited (Up Country,Trailer Tow)
[All custom ordered, purchased new]
WaltA is offline   Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 03:08 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
KC_Hawker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Too far from any coast.
Posts: 982
KC_Hawker is on a distinguished road
FYI here is what the Mopar install from the dealership looks like. Sorry for the shadows, will try more later if interested.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20131009_140758.jpg
Views:	1053
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	417193  
KC_Hawker is offline   Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 03:31 PM   #5
Newb
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 11
theonlyrobertson is on a distinguished road
New Mopar heated seat kit for 2013/2014 JKUL?

So I have read that the Mopar kit did not work on 2013/14's due to the airbag sensor in the passenger seat and the element was integrated into the cushion. I'd be interested in this newer kit if it really does work in a 2014. Is there a new one (and part no.)? for 2013s' and 2014's. This one only goes up to 2012's for applicability. http://www.mopar.com/part/82212697

My OP was based on this being the only option to add a heated seat (after the fact) that was recognized by Jeep to 2013/2014 MY.

Thanks,

Dale

PS. I do prefer the factory switches in the console but could live with the ones shown.
theonlyrobertson is offline   Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 03:40 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
KC_Hawker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Too far from any coast.
Posts: 982
KC_Hawker is on a distinguished road
I just bought my 2013 last Thursday and the dealer just finished the install this am, so all I can say is it worked for me. Wish I could give more details, but I just paid for it, the dealer did everything else.
KC_Hawker is offline   Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 03:47 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
StrainedSky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 50
StrainedSky is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by theonlyrobertson View Post
So I have read that the Mopar kit did not work on 2013/14's due to the airbag sensor in the passenger seat and the element was integrated into the cushion. I'd be interested in this newer kit if it really does work in a 2014. Is there a new one (and part no.)? for 2013s' and 2014's. This one only goes up to 2012's for applicability. Heated Seats - 82212697 | Mopar

My OP was based on this being the only option to add a heated seat (after the fact) that was recognized by Jeep to 2013/2014 MY.

Thanks,

Dale

PS. I do prefer the factory switches in the console but could live with the ones shown.
I was also told at the dealer that they couldn't install them due to airbag sensor in my 2013, unless I wanted just a drivers heated seat
StrainedSky is offline   Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 11:18 AM   #8
Newb
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 11
theonlyrobertson is on a distinguished road
BUMP... Sort of surprised this hasn't been accomplished by someone.
theonlyrobertson is offline   Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 11:33 AM   #9
Jeeper
 
KC_Hawker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Too far from any coast.
Posts: 982
KC_Hawker is on a distinguished road
I didn't know they would not fit a 2013 when I negotiated it with the dealer.

Somehow, the dealer got them installed and they are working. As far as I can tell, it IS the regular MOPAR heated seats and they both heat up.

I guess I just got lucky, but it may be worth a call to your dealer.
KC_Hawker is offline   Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 12:35 AM   #10
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 42
TheDirtyFresh is on a distinguished road
Can you confirm there are two pads in the passenger seat? I believe that's where the issue was with the mopar kit.
TheDirtyFresh is offline   Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 08:18 AM   #11
Jeeper
 
Nuke83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: NW of Atlanta
Posts: 789
Nuke83 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Hawker View Post
I didn't know they would not fit a 2013 when I negotiated it with the dealer.

Somehow, the dealer got them installed and they are working. As far as I can tell, it IS the regular MOPAR heated seats and they both heat up.

I guess I just got lucky, but it may be worth a call to your dealer.
Quick, ram into a tree and let us know if the airbags still work.

I was also told by the dealer that they couldn't install after factory. Of course that really means that THEY couldn't, not that it can't be done. I went ahead and waited until I could find one with factory heated seats instead.

Glad yours worked out for you. Sounds like you found a good service department that's willing to find a way to get something done.
Nuke83 is offline   Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 08:43 AM   #12
Jeeper
 
Gumbys69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 380
Gumbys69 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Hawker View Post
FYI here is what the Mopar install from the dealership looks like. Sorry for the shadows, will try more later if interested.
I don't think that is the Mopar kit, those switches are from an aftermarket kit of which I have installed quite a few of them. They are only low and high as the mopar switches have 3 heat settings as advertised in that link.
__________________
---------------------------------------------------------------
1989 YJ
2005 TJ
2014 JK
Gumbys69 is offline   Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 08:48 AM   #13
Jeeper
 
KC_Hawker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Too far from any coast.
Posts: 982
KC_Hawker is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbys69 View Post

I don't think that is the Mopar kit, those switches are from an aftermarket kit of which I have installed quite a few of them. They are only low and high as the mopar switches have 3 heat settings as advertised in that link.
I may have to talk to my dealer then. T hey said they would do the Mopar ones, I specifically asked. They are only 2 settings, plus off. They do stay in the previous setting when the car is off. Would have been nice if I had remote start.

Oh well. They do work well, both on the bottom and the back
KC_Hawker is offline   Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 07:56 PM   #14
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
SpottyJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 203
SpottyJ is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Hawker View Post
FYI here is what the Mopar install from the dealership looks like. Sorry for the shadows, will try more later if interested.

Like the location, what does it look like inside your console? Are wires visible/exposed?

TIA
SpottyJ is offline   Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 09:46 PM   #15
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 201
co-utah is on a distinguished road
I have a 2014 Rubicon with cloth seats and the factory heaters. I wouldn't bother installing them. They take forever to get warm, never do get hot, and shut off automatically after 30 minutes.

Waste of money, IMHO.

There is a thread on here somewhere about how lame they are.

My wife's Mazda's seats will fry an egg on them on high and get hot within a minute or two. That's the way they should be, otherwise, what's the point?
co-utah is offline   Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 12:54 PM   #16
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Portage Lakes
Posts: 52
Wyle69 is on a distinguished road
I have a 2013 sport that did not have factory heated seats but I purchased factory 2013 10th anniversary Rubicon red leather seats that have the factory heating. I also purchased the factory gang of switch's that have the heated buttons if I purchase the heated seats module that goes under the seats and add the fuse in the fuse box can the dealer turn on the option in the can bus to make it work?
Wyle69 is offline   Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 01:31 PM   #17
Jeeper
 
WaltA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: 3rd Planet, Sol system
Posts: 6,756
WaltA is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyle69 View Post
... can the dealer turn on the option in the can bus to make it work?
I think you need to ask your dealer, if they would be willing to do such.
__________________
Current Jeep:
2014 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon X
Previous Jeeps:
1987 Wrangler Laredo
1999 Cherokee Limited (Up Country,Trailer Tow)
[All custom ordered, purchased new]
WaltA is offline   Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 01:45 PM   #18
Jeeper
 
rtkane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 1,205
rtkane is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by co-utah View Post
I have a 2014 Rubicon with cloth seats and the factory heaters. I wouldn't bother installing them. They take forever to get warm, never do get hot, and shut off automatically after 30 minutes.

Waste of money, IMHO.

There is a thread on here somewhere about how lame they are.

My wife's Mazda's seats will fry an egg on them on high and get hot within a minute or two. That's the way they should be, otherwise, what's the point?
My 2015 Sahara has factory leather with heated seats and I've been really happy with how warm they get and they seem to heat up pretty quick.
__________________
2015 Billet JKU Sahara | My Build
rtkane is offline   Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 08:52 PM   #19
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Portage Lakes
Posts: 52
Wyle69 is on a distinguished road
I think I can get the dealer to do it just not sure if its possible. Anyone know where the heated seat module would be located in a jeep that has heated seats?
Wyle69 is offline   Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 01:48 PM   #20
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 20
nfaust is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyle69 View Post
I think I can get the dealer to do it just not sure if its possible. Anyone know where the heated seat module would be located in a jeep that has heated seats?
Maybe check the fuse box instead?
nfaust is offline   Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 07:40 AM   #21
Jeeper
 
RB-10rubicon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Princeton area in new jersey
Posts: 2,641
RB-10rubicon is on a distinguished road
The module is only the size of a deck of cards most likley its behind the dash or glove box thats where i put mine when i did them
RB-10rubicon is offline   Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 08:21 AM   #22
Jeeper
 
Commo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 125
Commo is on a distinguished road
When I bought my 2014 JKU in February I was told that there is no 'kit' for the 2014s from Mopar and that I'd have to go with their aftermarket kit...I said OK and they installed it before pickup.

They put the (same) switches in a different place, on the flanks of the console sorta opposite your knee. I prefer that as I know I'll invariably drop some coffee on the position shown in the pic above. The seats work fine but it's absurd that they don't offer a kit that makes use of the factory switch locations...

Commo
Commo is offline   Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 08:33 AM   #23
Jeeper
 
RB-10rubicon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Princeton area in new jersey
Posts: 2,641
RB-10rubicon is on a distinguished road
The check corp makes the factory kit for mopar and if you go to there site they give you diffrent switch options. I like the flat panel ones.i put mine right below the window switches
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1890472853.jpg
Views:	620
Size:	200.0 KB
ID:	1515617  
RB-10rubicon is offline   Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 09:49 PM   #24
Newb
 
livefreeandjeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 2
livefreeandjeep is on a distinguished road
So, is the consensus that the passenger seat airbag sensor and cover fasteners are not an issue? I just ordered a 2015 Wrangler Sport S and would like to add seat heaters. I recently added the Dorman's to my wife's Liberty with relative ease. But it sure looks like the fasteners for the passenger side seat cover are problematic. ...Just looking for clarification prior to buying a kit.
livefreeandjeep is offline   Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 03:53 PM   #25
Newb
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 11
theonlyrobertson is on a distinguished road
I ordered a kit and it comes with heating pads for the driver seat and back cushion. For the passenger seat, there's only one for the back cushion. Have yet to install but at least there's something you can get.
theonlyrobertson is offline   Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 09:02 PM   #26
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Apex, NC
Posts: 33
rlynch is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Hawker View Post
FYI here is what the Mopar install from the dealership looks like. Sorry for the shadows, will try more later if interested.
Looks like a good location for the switches
rlynch is offline   Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 06:13 PM   #27
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: San Diego
Posts: 42
Freedomzman15 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyle69 View Post
I also purchased the factory gang of switch's that have the heated buttons..
i kmow this tread is pretty old but the wramglers are still being sold

Where did you buy the factory switches? Habe you installed them? Did you have to add any additional wiring?
TIA.
Freedomzman15 is offline   Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 07:47 PM   #28
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: San Diego
Posts: 42
Freedomzman15 is on a distinguished road
Hello everyone,
I have been a long time reader of this forum and this will be my very first thread.

I bought a 2015 JKU Freedom Oscar Mike edition back in June and FINALLY i bit the bullet and bought 3.5 inch Rock Krawler and 35 inch BFG M/Ts and the Fox 2.0 remote res race shocks from 4WheelParts store here in San Diego.(woop wooop)
I am going to use the factory wheels.

The kit comes with almost everything except a drive shaft which i will upgrade when the time comes.
(If you go to RK's website it is the standard 3.5 inch X Factor.)

I bought the kit today and it will be here tomorrow, thats fast and i am lovin it.

I will start the process tomorrow and planning to do a nice video in case the install comes out to be awesome, i am hoping that the video can help other Jeepers in their projects.

This kit is %99.9 bolt on project so i am not planning on any hick ups BUT, in case i ran into a problem, i would like everyone here to shed some light with their expertise.

Thank you all in advance and wish me luck.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1444693477577-1530349626_1444693506774.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	156.1 KB
ID:	2552522   Click image for larger version

Name:	1444693517593826985334_1444693602088.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	172.7 KB
ID:	2552530  

Freedomzman15 is offline   Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 10:28 AM   #29
Newb
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Mount Hope, WV
Posts: 1
deathboyardee is on a distinguished road
I know this is an old thread, but (for thread sakes) the heated seat module is located behind the HVAC control head.
deathboyardee is offline   Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 02:53 AM   #30
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: San Diego
Posts: 42
Freedomzman15 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedomzman15 View Post
Hello everyone,
I have been a long time reader of this forum and this will be my very first thread.

I bought a 2015 JKU Freedom Oscar Mike edition back in June and FINALLY i bit the bullet and bought 3.5 inch Rock Krawler and 35 inch BFG M/Ts and the Fox 2.0 remote res race shocks from 4WheelParts store here in San Diego.(woop wooop)
I am going to use the factory wheels.

The kit comes with almost everything except a drive shaft which i will upgrade when the time comes.
(If you go to RK's website it is the standard 3.5 inch X Factor.)

I bought the kit today and it will be here tomorrow, thats fast and i am lovin it.

I will start the process tomorrow and planning to do a nice video in case the install comes out to be awesome, i am hoping that the video can help other Jeepers in their projects.

This kit is %99.9 bolt on project so i am not planning on any hick ups BUT, in case i ran into a problem, i would like everyone here to shed some light with their expertise.

Thank you all in advance and wish me luck.
How did i manage to post this here? Jesus.
Apologies.

Freedomzman15 is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:10 AM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC
« Back

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner