2014 Wrangler Information Thread - Page 152 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 08-26-2013, 05:25 PM   #4531
Jeeper
 
Sucker Punch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 1,765
No offense taken. Being self employed it strikes a nerve some times. Everybody wants the best deal they can get (i understand that) and sometimes there is a grey area so I understand your question. Just trying to answer it realistically for you.
Good luck with your Jeep purchase!

__________________
Current Jeeps:
2014 Granite JKU Rubicon Half Doors
Granite Thread
1984 Blue CJ7
- Project...

Sucker Punch is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-26-2013, 05:47 PM   #4532
Jeeper
 
NastyPirate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bainbridge Island, WA & Placencia Peninsula, Belize
Posts: 171
Invoice price for X package??

Did I miss the invoice cost for the X package? I have read all 151 pages, twice, and did not see it on the Page 1 breakdown.

__________________
I am currently unsupervised! Yeah, it freaks me out too, but then I consider the possibilities!
NastyPirate is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-26-2013, 05:47 PM   #4533
Jeeper
 
Jinxy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Indiana
Posts: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sucker Punch View Post
No offense taken. Being self employed it strikes a nerve some times. Everybody wants the best deal they can get (i understand that) and sometimes there is a grey area so I understand your question. Just trying to answer it realistically for you.
Good luck with your Jeep purchase!
I'm relieved that you understand what I was trying to accomplish. I didn't mean for folks to think that I was going to insist on charging my new jeep. I was looking for especially business people to let me know if it would really be over the top or if it's all part of the expectation that those who can do it will do it with no hard feelings. I think you answered the question . I could almost see the veins popping out on your forehead. http://www.wranglerforum.com/images/smilies/rofl.gif
It is a whole different view over here on the consumer side of things and I appreciate you showing me your side of it. Thanks, from Jinxy
__________________
Jinxy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-26-2013, 05:48 PM   #4534
Jeeper
 
Blue Heron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 335
If a person has a 30k credit limit, I seriously doubt that the card holders credibility (pun intended) is in question.

Use the card as you like. It's your credit.
Blue Heron is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-26-2013, 06:11 PM   #4535
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Heron View Post
If a person has a 30k credit limit, I seriously doubt that the card holders credibility (pun intended) is in question.

Use the card as you like. It's your credit.
I don't know of a dealer here in Mpls that would take a credit card for a new car. I know NONE of the ones I've ever bought from would and I've purchased maybe 10 new cars in the last 25 years. I have a $50,000 credit limit on one of my Visa cards, but that's not the point. The point is that the dealer won't pay
the 3% merchant fee for your car, and I don't blame him. It has nothing to do with the card holder's credibility.
fran55343 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-26-2013, 06:21 PM   #4536
Jeeper
 
Blue Heron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 335
Ok so out the 3 percent aside and the consumer pays for it. So what?
Blue Heron is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-26-2013, 06:27 PM   #4537
Jeeper
 
Sucker Punch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 1,765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Heron View Post
Ok so out the 3 percent aside and the consumer pays for it. So what?
__________________
Current Jeeps:
2014 Granite JKU Rubicon Half Doors
Granite Thread
1984 Blue CJ7
- Project...

Sucker Punch is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-26-2013, 06:27 PM   #4538
Jeeper
 
Jinxy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Indiana
Posts: 45
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by fran55343 View Post
I don't know of a dealer here in Mpls that would take a credit card for a new car. I know NONE of the ones I've ever bought from would and I've purchased maybe 10 new cars in the last 25 years. I have a $50,000 credit limit on one of my Visa cards, but that's not the point. The point is that the dealer won't pay
the 3% merchant fee for your car, and I don't blame him. It has nothing to do with the card holder's credibility.

If the dealer refuses to accept the credit card (don't present it until you are ready to pay upon delivery) you simply show him a copy of his credit card merchant agreement which states that he can't refuse any monetary amount small or large.

As I have stated, after advice from merchants on this forum and the wisdom they have imbued on the subject, I no longer plan to even mention the Visa. My dealership has been more than fair to me and just because I could get another $300.00 from them (and cost them a lot more in fees) I'm not going to do it. As my husband said to me "You don't always have to go in for the kill, Jinxy".
__________________
Jinxy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-26-2013, 06:39 PM   #4539
Jeeper
 
Sucker Punch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 1,765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinxy View Post

If the dealer refuses to accept the credit card (don't present it until you are ready to pay upon delivery) you simply show him a copy of his credit card merchant agreement which states that he can't refuse any monetary amount small or large.

As I have stated, after advice from merchants on this forum and the wisdom they have imbued on the subject, I no longer plan to even mention the Visa. My dealership has been more than fair to me and just because I could get another $300.00 from them (and cost them a lot more in fees) I'm not going to do it. As my husband said to me "You don't always have to go in for the kill, Jinxy".
Actually I would like to see you try this. It will not work. I don't care what the merchants tell you. It's not gonna happen unless the dealer knows your intentions before negotiations begin. Then they can figure out how much the CC company will charge and work that into the negotiation.
__________________
Current Jeeps:
2014 Granite JKU Rubicon Half Doors
Granite Thread
1984 Blue CJ7
- Project...

Sucker Punch is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-26-2013, 06:54 PM   #4540
Jeeper
 
Jinxy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Indiana
Posts: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sucker Punch View Post
Actually I would like to see you try this. It will not work. I don't care what the merchants tell you. It's not gonna happen unless the dealer knows your intentions before negotiations begin. Then they can figure out how much the CC company will charge and work that into the negotiation.
Maybe you're right Sucker Punch. We did already say that we would pay cash . However that wasn't stated in the contract and the only thing that is legally binding is what is within the 4 corners of the contract. That is why I had the manager to add several notes to the contract and sign them. I believe that I could decide to use the Visa and since the intention of paying cash was nowhere in the contract I would be able to change my mind and still be able to charge the vehicle.

But I'm still going to pay cash. These are just hypotheticals.
__________________
Jinxy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-26-2013, 07:27 PM   #4541
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinxy View Post
Maybe you're right Sucker Punch. We did already say that we would pay cash . However that wasn't stated in the contract and the only thing that is legally binding is what is within the 4 corners of the contract. That is why I had the manager to add several notes to the contract and sign them. I believe that I could decide to use the Visa and since the intention of paying cash was nowhere in the contract I would be able to change my mind and still be able to charge the vehicle.

But I'm still going to pay cash. These are just hypotheticals.
My only question is why would you try to "screw" the dealer over $300? Unless you wana get service at another dealer or possibly another town they would get it back in "triples" one way or the other!
JMOD is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-26-2013, 07:38 PM   #4542
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyPirate View Post
Did I miss the invoice cost for the X package? I have read all 151 pages, twice, and did not see it on the Page 1 breakdown.

I don't think it's been released yet.. Some time before orders open next month I guess??
JMOD is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-26-2013, 07:41 PM   #4543
Jeeper
 
Blue Heron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMOD View Post

My only question is why would you try to "screw" the dealer over $300? Unless you wana get service at another dealer or possibly another town they would get it back in "triples" one way or the other!
So it's okay if a dealer takes "revenge" on a customer because of 300.00?
Please .. No ones crying when unscrupulous dealers make maximum dollars off a buyer.

So to recap... It's NOT okay to use your credit card to buy a vehicle because the dealer will have to pay a fee.

It's okay to take out a car loan to buy a jeep just don't use credit so the dealership can still make some money on finance commissions.

Please. No violins for the dealers. They eat as well as the rest of us.
Blue Heron is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-26-2013, 07:58 PM   #4544
Jeeper
 
TranquilTurtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Heron View Post

So it's okay if a dealer takes "revenge" on a customer because of 300.00?
Please .. No ones crying when unscrupulous dealers make maximum dollars off a buyer.

So to recap... It's NOT okay to use your credit card to buy a vehicle because the dealer will have to pay a fee.

It's okay to take out a car loan to buy a jeep just don't use credit so the dealership can still make some money on finance commissions.

Please. No violins for the dealers. They eat as well as the rest of us.
With all due respect blue heron, please keep in mind that most dealerships are really small businesses themselves. Much like a McDonald's or Harvey's for us Canadians. They all buyntheir product from the manufacturer and must sell it to tuen a profit a d keep the business running. from those valuable sales the dealer owner, general manager, sales manager, finance manager, and finally your sales rep must be paid.


When you grind a salesman down on price and he makes his "flat" commission of $150-$200 (it varies depending on the store) is that really fair to the sales associate? A decent sales associate should sell 10-15 rides per month at $200/vehicle that doesn't really add up to much. Especially considering you may spend anywhere from 2 hours to 2 weeks putting a deal together for someone. (And don't forget the hours spent after sale helping you book service appointments, answering questions you may have about your ride and coffee chit chat when you do pop In for oil changes and whatnot, a salesperson time is their livelihood)
Granted there will be says where a salesperson can make some pretty sizeable comissions but those can be few and far between especially when starting out in the biz.

So please consider that your sales associate has put in countless hours of study and hard work just to have the OPPORTUNITY to sell you a vehicle , they are trying to make a living too look out for their families who are just as important to them as your family is to you.

So the next time you offer to pay under invoiced cost at a dealership and scoff because they won't give it to you please take a moment to consider that selling cars is how these people feed themselves and that if there is a deal to be made they will make it but not at the expense of taking off their families table.

You wouldn't pay me $5 to eat YOUR lunch, would you?
TranquilTurtle is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-26-2013, 08:05 PM   #4545
Sponsoring Vendor
 
pat@fieldsauto.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Glenview
Posts: 3,175
Back to 2014 info...


Sounds like there will be a price increase on 09/03.
__________________
Patrick O'Donnell(Pat@Fieldsauto.com)
Fields Chrysler Jeep Dodge │ 2800 Patriot Blvd│ Glenview, IL 60026
847-446-5100 main│ 847-881-8313 direct
pat@fieldsauto.comFieldsChryslerJeepDodge.com
Have Questions About A New Jeep Purchase? CLICK HERE
pat@fieldsauto.com is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-26-2013, 08:07 PM   #4546
Jeeper
 
Blue Heron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by TranquilTurtle View Post

With all due respect blue heron, please keep in mind that most dealerships are really small businesses themselves. Much like a McDonald's or Harvey's for us Canadians. They all buyntheir product from the manufacturer and must sell it to tuen a profit a d keep the business running. from those valuable sales the dealer owner, general manager, sales manager, finance manager, and finally your sales rep must be paid.

When you grind a salesman down on price and he makes his "flat" commission of $150-$200 (it varies depending on the store) is that really fair to the sales associate? A decent sales associate should sell 10-15 rides per month at $200/vehicle that doesn't really add up to much. Especially considering you may spend anywhere from 2 hours to 2 weeks putting a deal together for someone. (And don't forget the hours spent after sale helping you book service appointments, answering questions you may have about your ride and coffee chit chat when you do pop In for oil changes and whatnot, a salesperson time is their livelihood)
Granted there will be says where a salesperson can make some pretty sizeable comissions but those can be few and far between especially when starting out in the biz.

So please consider that your sales associate has put in countless hours of study and hard work just to have the OPPORTUNITY to sell you a vehicle , they are trying to make a living too look out for their families who are just as important to them as your family is to you.

So the next time you offer to pay under invoiced cost at a dealership and scoff because they won't give it to you please take a moment to consider that selling cars is how these people feed themselves and that if there is a deal to be made they will make it but not at the expense of taking off their families table.

You wouldn't pay me $5 to eat YOUR lunch, would you?
Sorry, not biting. I very simply communicated my requirements to several dealers. I didn't equivocate, wasn't wishy washy or deceitful. I made my requirements known. It became the dealers ball to meet or not.

I don't "owe" a dealership or a salesman a damn thing. It's my money. I earned it. It's my credit. I earned that too. If I have the means to use a credit card because my credit is impeccable, so be it.

I won't cry for the starving dealership. I have been screwed over by two and you know what they say.. Once shame on me, twice, shame on you.

So go cry a river somewhere else. Life isn't fair. Deal with it.

As for "Fair"? Life isn't fair except in fairyland and socialist countries.
Blue Heron is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-26-2013, 08:09 PM   #4547
The Infamous One

WF Supporting Member
 
donmeca2020's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Hollywood, florida
Posts: 2,605
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Heron View Post
Ok so out the 3 percent aside and the consumer pays for it. So what?
As often as i don't agree with most of your comments or statements i do agree with this one. a credit card is a form of payment, its damn near the same as cash.... If a dealer wants to make a deal. THEY WILL EAT that little percentage they have to pay the credit card company.

On another note im honestly not understanding why this is such a big deal and why my previous post about this subject was deleted

i personally would be a offended if a dealership wouldn't take my credit card to purchase a vehicle. not that i plan on doing it that way but just saying....
__________________
2014 Copperhead Pearl Wrangler Unlimited Sport

" Revenge is never about the greater good. Itís a visceral need that has to be satisfied or the strong lose focus. "
donmeca2020 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-26-2013, 08:14 PM   #4548
Jeeper
 
Jinxy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Indiana
Posts: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMOD View Post
My only question is why would you try to "screw" the dealer over $300? Unless you wana get service at another dealer or possibly another town they would get it back in "triples" one way or the other!
I don't want to screw the dealer which is why I've said in several posts that I WILL PAY CASH. I posed the question on this forum in order to get a sense of what is right and fair. I appreciate all of you who have informed me and helped me to decide to not pay with a credit card. Now I know some legitimate reasons of why that would not be in my ultimate best interest and why it could hurt other people who are trying to make a living.
__________________
Jinxy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-26-2013, 08:15 PM   #4549
Jeeper
 
Blue Heron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 335
If a salesman is putting two days or two weeks to put a deal together as was implied, he isn't much of a salesman. Just sayin
Blue Heron is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-26-2013, 08:15 PM   #4550
Jeeper
 
MSpiegel00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by pat@fieldsauto.com View Post
Back to 2014 info...


Sounds like there will be a price increase on 09/03.
Yay, redirect!

Any word on how much it's looking to be?
MSpiegel00 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-26-2013, 08:16 PM   #4551
Jeeper
 
Blue Heron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinxy View Post

I don't want to screw the dealer which is why I've said in several posts that I WILL PAY CASH. I posed the question on this forum in order to get a sense of what is right and fair. I appreciate all of you who have informed me and helped me to decide to not pay with a credit card. Now I know some legitimate reasons of why that would not be in my ultimate best interest and why it could hurt other people who are trying to make a living.
Dealerships DO NOT have your best interest in mind.., only you do. Nothing is "fair" when it comes to YOUR money. Remember that.
Blue Heron is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-26-2013, 08:21 PM   #4552
Sponsoring Vendor
 
pat@fieldsauto.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Glenview
Posts: 3,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSpiegel00 View Post
Yay, redirect!

Any word on how much it's looking to be?
Best guess, is in the $100-$200 range on the base price.
__________________
Patrick O'Donnell(Pat@Fieldsauto.com)
Fields Chrysler Jeep Dodge │ 2800 Patriot Blvd│ Glenview, IL 60026
847-446-5100 main│ 847-881-8313 direct
pat@fieldsauto.comFieldsChryslerJeepDodge.com
Have Questions About A New Jeep Purchase? CLICK HERE
pat@fieldsauto.com is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-26-2013, 08:24 PM   #4553
Jeeper
 
Blue Heron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 335
We're good Pat. No worries. You're a good dude
Blue Heron is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-26-2013, 08:25 PM   #4554
Jeeper
 
Billy Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Creole, Louisiana
Posts: 664
Quote:
Originally Posted by pat@fieldsauto.com View Post
Best guess, is in the $100-$200 range on the base price.
Oh man, that is pennies for all these folks that can pay cash on here LOL chunk change, they don't worry about no hunerd bucks, just read the all the post, Money nooooo object lol
__________________
2013 Rubi 10A Unlimited, Billet, Red interior. Ordered 02-02-13 and took delivery 04-24-13. Now a Happy 10A Owner
Billy Goat is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-26-2013, 08:25 PM   #4555
Jeeper
 
BostonStrong77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 445
Thanks for the redirect Pat. Maybe you all should start a "Should I Pay with a Credit Card" thread. No offense, but I think that debate has run its course.
BostonStrong77 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-26-2013, 08:31 PM   #4556
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonStrong77 View Post
Thanks for the redirect Pat. Maybe you all should start a "Should I Pay with a Credit Card" thread. No offense, but I think that debate has run its course.
Yes, we need some more 2014 info about colors or the Rubi X..........before we start arguing about Obamacare or how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.
Stosh1 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-26-2013, 08:37 PM   #4557
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinxy View Post
I don't want to screw the dealer which is why I've said in several posts that I WILL PAY CASH. I posed the question on this forum in order to get a sense of what is right and fair. I appreciate all of you who have informed me and helped me to decide to not pay with a credit card. Now I know some legitimate reasons of why that would not be in my ultimate best interest and why it could hurt other people who are trying to make a living.
Understand, Nof said,,,, Just enjoy your new jeep
JMOD is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-26-2013, 08:50 PM   #4558
Jeeper
 
Smullins06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by pat@fieldsauto.com View Post

Best guess, is in the $100-$200 range on the base price.
Had a feeling this was going to happen but that's not a bad deal on a price increase.
__________________
2014 Jeep Wrangler JK Willys Wheeler - Billet Silver - Auto - Freedom Top - Mopar Wheel Locks - Antenna X 13in - Mopar Door Sills
Smullins06 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-26-2013, 09:10 PM   #4559
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: N Indianapolis
Posts: 328
I was paying about $10k cash along with my trade for the new JKU and when I asked about putting part of that cash payment on my credit card (there was no required deposit) I told the dealer I was just trying to maximize my cash back bonus, which would be between 1 & 2%. When the dealer brought up the fee he would pay, I said it was no big deal, I was fine either way. I offered the alternative of increasing the already negotiated trade in value by 2% of whatever he would be willing to charge my card, he liked that better. In fact, he gave me an extra $300 on the trade... Worked better for me :-)
JSichthus is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-26-2013, 09:52 PM   #4560
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by pat@fieldsauto.com View Post
back to 2014 info...
+1

__________________
2014 JKRX Copperhead Pearl | 6-speed manual, 730N, Auto Temp, Side Airbags
Copperhead Rex - Build Thread
JeepFan95 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:26 AM.



Jeepģ, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC