2014 Wrangler Information Thread - Page 4 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 06-04-2013, 12:57 PM   #91
Sponsoring Vendor
 
pat@fieldsauto.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Glenview
Posts: 3,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truculent View Post
I can't find the Connectivity Group listed for either the Rubicon or Rubicon Unlimited. Is it now standard on the 2014 Rubicon's?
It's an option. I might have missed it when I posted the info. I was rushing to get it done. Legally, I can't attach the code guides or post them, so I have to copy and paste a lot of it. I'll update it today.

__________________
Patrick O'Donnell
Fields Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram │ 2800 Patriot Blvd│ Glenview, IL 60026
847-446-5100 main
pat@fieldsauto.com is offline   Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 01:04 PM   #92
Jeeper
 
13rian's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Posts: 670
Thanks a lot for the info Pat, can't wait to get some more info on special editions and colors.

13rian is offline   Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 01:25 PM   #93
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Illinois
Posts: 188
I will probably catch a ton of flak for posting a rumor like this in my first post to the forum, but here goes.

There was a poster on another Jeep forum a year or so ago that claimed to be working in the Wrangler plant, and that one of the things they were testing on the line was fitment of larger tire sizes. He specifically mentioned a 34-35" tire, and that this could be directed at the 2014 model year.

Frankly, I am doubtful, but the rumor does fit, given the clearance change to the pinch seam earlier this calendar year. They may be planning a special edition or even a factory option for 35's. This would also almost certainly explain any production delays.

I'm eagerly awaiting more info on the '14's, regardless.
Anonymous Coward is offline   Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 01:51 PM   #94
Jeeper
 
Tldwyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 17
2014 New Colors

Hey Pat, I just got off the phone with a MD dealership and they say there is a code for bright amber in DealerConnect, any info about dates, color sample etc? They didn;t know anythign else..
Tldwyer is offline   Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 01:54 PM   #95
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 40
No Rugged Brown carry-over?

Thanks for posting Pat!
davep22 is offline   Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 02:14 PM   #96
Sponsoring Vendor
 
pat@fieldsauto.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Glenview
Posts: 3,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tldwyer View Post
Hey Pat, I just got off the phone with a MD dealership and they say there is a code for bright amber in DealerConnect, any info about dates, color sample etc? They didn;t know anythign else..
I'm not seeing anything in the normal places in dealerconnect. It sounds like someone there might have a contact at Jeep.

I told someone we needed some exciting colors this year, like bring gecko back, a new orange, a new yellow and a new blue.

The reply was you'll get 3 out of 4.
__________________
Patrick O'Donnell
Fields Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram │ 2800 Patriot Blvd│ Glenview, IL 60026
847-446-5100 main
pat@fieldsauto.com is offline   Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 02:19 PM   #97
Jeeper
 
Mark b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Coward View Post
I will probably catch a ton of flak for posting a rumor like this in my first post to the forum, but here goes.

There was a poster on another Jeep forum a year or so ago that claimed to be working in the Wrangler plant, and that one of the things they were testing on the line was fitment of larger tire sizes. He specifically mentioned a 34-35" tire, and that this could be directed at the 2014 model year.

Frankly, I am doubtful, but the rumor does fit, given the clearance change to the pinch seam earlier this calendar year. They may be planning a special edition or even a factory option for 35's. This would also almost certainly explain any production delays.

I'm eagerly awaiting more info on the '14's, regardless.
I always thought it was rather odd that there is no SRT Wrangler.
__________________
1948 CJ2A | 2004 TJ Rubicon
Mark b is offline   Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 02:20 PM   #98
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by pat@fieldsauto.com View Post
I'm not seeing anything in the normal places in dealerconnect. It sounds like someone there might have a contact at Jeep.

I told someone we needed some exciting colors this year, like bring gecko back, a new orange, a new yellow and a new blue.

The reply was you'll get 3 out of 4.
Fantastic! Heres hoping that the orange isn't the odd ball out in that list.
Crewski is offline   Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 02:31 PM   #99
Jeeper
 
BeanieAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: DFW
Posts: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crewski View Post
Fantastic! Heres hoping that the orange isn't the odd ball out in that list.
If I didn't buy my Commando Green last year, an Orange color was an extremely close 2nd to the CG. I LOVE the look of Orange Jeeps, regardless if it's Mango Tango / Crush / Sunburst etc.
__________________
2013 JKU Oscar Mike "Commando Green" - My 1st Jeep! - ...GONE...02/13-10/13
BeanieAZ is offline   Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 02:35 PM   #100
Jeeper
 
DC Dennis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark b View Post
I always thought it was rather odd that there is no SRT Wrangler.
A Street Racer Wrangler, or something like the PowerRam?

The Jeep marketing department, I hope, learned there lesson about street Jeeps and the effect on creadability with the YJ Renegades. Just not going to happen again.
DC Dennis is offline   Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 02:38 PM   #101
Jeeper
 
13rian's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Posts: 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by pat@fieldsauto.com View Post
I'm not seeing anything in the normal places in dealerconnect. It sounds like someone there might have a contact at Jeep.

I told someone we needed some exciting colors this year, like bring gecko back, a new orange, a new yellow and a new blue.

The reply was you'll get 3 out of 4.
My money goes on Amber, Copperhead & Hydro Blue as the yellow, orange & blue. With Gecko not coming back.
13rian is offline   Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 02:55 PM   #102
Jeeper
 
Mark b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC Dennis View Post
A Street Racer Wrangler, or something like the PowerRam?

The Jeep marketing department, I hope, learned there lesson about street Jeeps and the effect on creadability with the YJ Renegades. Just not going to happen again.
No street racer. Kinda like the Raptor.
__________________
1948 CJ2A | 2004 TJ Rubicon
Mark b is offline   Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 03:35 PM   #103
Jeeper
 
DC Dennis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark b View Post
No street racer. Kinda like the Raptor.
Rubicon is kind of that. An Unlimited could be made into a great desert racer, but I am sure the lawyers would freak over them trying to make a swb Jeep into one.
DC Dennis is offline   Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 04:41 PM   #104
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Metry
Posts: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerinS4 View Post
We'll be driving the 2014s at the end of this month at a media event. Our drive impressions will be embargoed but if you have any other questions or photo requests, shoot them my way!
2 door in plum, purple whatever they call it...
pacu44 is offline   Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 04:42 PM   #105
Jeeper
 
donmeca2020's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Hollywood, florida
Posts: 2,918
hopefully more color info comes out soon. I'm so ready to get a wrangler just trying my hardest to wait for a nice bright color.
donmeca2020 is offline   Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 05:02 PM   #106
Newb
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: River Valley Arkansas
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by donmeca2020 View Post
hopefully more color info comes out soon. I'm so ready to get a wrangler just trying my hardest to wait for a nice bright color.
I'm with ya! Come on Copperhead!!
Jeepman4141 is offline   Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 05:20 PM   #107
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 50
I'm getting the feeling that Jeep just doesn't want me to buy a new Wrangler. I have a 2007 JKUR that I am ready to trade in but have been waiting for over a year to find a color I like. Why can't they just do Wranglers like they do Dodge trucks and make them in 15 colors?
8-Man is offline   Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 05:36 PM   #108
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Long Beach, California
Posts: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-Man View Post
I'm getting the feeling that Jeep just doesn't want me to buy a new Wrangler. I have a 2007 JKUR that I am ready to trade in but have been waiting for over a year to find a color I like. Why can't they just do Wranglers like they do Dodge trucks and make them in 15 colors?
I spent the last 2 years hoping Gunmetal would make a comeback...

I agree though, there should be more color choices considering how many colors are available on the rest of Chryslers line up...
__________________
<font color=Navy><font color=Black>2013 TRUE BLUE Sahara


Bayouwolf is offline   Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 05:36 PM   #109
Newb
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 8
PLUM CRAZY PURPLE - PUSHED BACK INDEFINITELY


What exactly does that mean???
Purpledaisy584 is offline   Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 05:49 PM   #110
Overlander

WF Supporting Member
 
Milkman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Corning, NY
Posts: 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purpledaisy584 View Post
PLUM CRAZY PURPLE - PUSHED BACK INDEFINITELY


What exactly does that mean???
Bummer to hear, maybe they are saving for a special edition this year like they did with Anvil last year.
__________________
2014 Anvil JKU Sport
Dinoot Compact RTT Trailer
Milkman is offline   Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 06:02 PM   #111
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
jeepers29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Georgetown, Texas
Posts: 3,435
Eariler in this thread, Pat said that Purple was coming, but not called Plum crazy. Maybe that has something to do with it.
jeepers29 is offline   Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 06:21 PM   #112
Newb
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milkman View Post
Bummer to hear, maybe they are saving for a special edition this year like they did with Anvil last year.
I can only hope. Been waiting on my first Jeep since 08 and was stoked to hear they'd have a purple color....really not looking to wait til 2015!
Purpledaisy584 is offline   Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:06 PM   #113
Sponsoring Vendor
 
pat@fieldsauto.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Glenview
Posts: 3,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purpledaisy584 View Post
PLUM CRAZY PURPLE - PUSHED BACK INDEFINITELY

What exactly does that mean???
I'm waiting for an answer, I heard it might be a paint or supplier issue.
__________________
Patrick O'Donnell
Fields Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram │ 2800 Patriot Blvd│ Glenview, IL 60026
847-446-5100 main
pat@fieldsauto.com is offline   Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:19 PM   #114
Newb
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by pat@fieldsauto.com View Post
I'm waiting for an answer, I heard it might be a paint or supplier issue.
Thanks! Hopefully they fix that ASAP and you come back with good news!
Purpledaisy584 is offline   Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:26 PM   #115
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayouwolf View Post
I spent the last 2 years hoping Gunmetal would make a comeback...

I agree though, there should be more color choices considering how many colors are available on the rest of Chryslers line up...
Ram truck has Black Gold, Maximum Steel, Copperhead, Prairie Pearl, and Western Brown among many others. All of which can be two toned over Bright Silver on the higher end models.

It's like Jeep has determined it's buyers either want boring basic colors or outlandish skittles colors with little choices in between.

They are in the business of selling as many units as possible right?
8-Man is offline   Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:34 PM   #116
Sponsoring Vendor
 
pat@fieldsauto.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Glenview
Posts: 3,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-Man View Post

Ram truck has Black Gold, Maximum Steel, Copperhead, Prairie Pearl, and Western Brown among many others. All of which can be two toned over Bright Silver on the higher end models.

It's like Jeep has determined it's buyers either want boring basic colors or outlandish skittles colors with little choices in between.

They are in the business of selling as many units as possible right?
It's hard to use that as an argument when last month jeep had the best wrangler month ever with over 16,000 retail sales in the US. That beat the old record by over 1500.
__________________
Patrick O'Donnell
Fields Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram │ 2800 Patriot Blvd│ Glenview, IL 60026
847-446-5100 main
pat@fieldsauto.com is offline   Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:42 PM   #117
Jeeper
 
3PedalMINI's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 599
Any word on how long anvil will be available. Looking to order at the end of august or beginning of september. HOWEVER: I will order a wrangler sooner then later to get Anvil. Such an incredible color.

Really glad I decided to wait and not get the rugged brown i was literally pulling the trigger on

Also, maybe im just tired but im not seeing much of a price increase, if any?
3PedalMINI is offline   Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:53 PM   #118
Jeeper
 
donmeca2020's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Hollywood, florida
Posts: 2,918
as i said prior im trying REALLY HARD not to go and jump on a true blue pearl. because i have hopes of the new bright colors that will be coming, but the real answer we're all waiting to hear is when will they come and what colors will be coming?
donmeca2020 is offline   Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 08:08 PM   #119
Jeeper
 
GeckoJK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 888
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13rian View Post
My money goes on Amber, Copperhead & Hydro Blue as the yellow, orange & blue. With Gecko not coming back.
Yeah I dont see Gecko making a comeback as much as I love the color!
__________________
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S - Gecko Pearl Coat
GeckoJK is offline   Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 08:45 PM   #120
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Long Beach, California
Posts: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by pat@fieldsauto.com View Post

It's hard to use that as an argument when last month jeep had the best wrangler month ever with over 16,000 retail sales in the US. That beat the old record by over 1500.
I'm one of the reasons they had such a banner month.

And the more I see my True Blue, the happier I get.

__________________
<font color=Navy><font color=Black>2013 TRUE BLUE Sahara


Bayouwolf is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:10 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC