2014 Wrangler Information Thread - Page 41 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 06-21-2013, 08:36 AM   #1201
Jeeper
 
BostonStrong77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 445
Putting together my build sheet and am wondering about options for side steps. Are the "stock option" steps any good or are aftermarket steps a better choice? Thanks in advance.

BostonStrong77 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-21-2013, 08:39 AM   #1202
Jeeper
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 245
Look at it this way the factory steps are covered by a 3 year warranty like the wrest of the vehicle. If they corrode for some reason they get replaced.

blankster is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-21-2013, 08:46 AM   #1203
Jeeper
 
MotorCityJK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Posts: 575
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonStrong77 View Post
Putting together my build sheet and am wondering about options for side steps. Are the "stock option" steps any good or are aftermarket steps a better choice? Thanks in advance.
Great as steps and blend into the fenders nicely. Will crush if you use it as a rail though.
__________________
2014 Anvil/Black JKUR - the Ellie-phant
auto/4.10s/max tow/730N/heated seats/connectivity/Prem soft top/remote start
Gone but not forgotten:
2010 Mango Tango JKUR - Big 'O/Molly
2008 Jeep Green JKUS
MotorCityJK is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-21-2013, 09:13 AM   #1204
Jeeper
 
frymark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Hurst, TX
Posts: 63
Images: 1
I don't see an option for Anti Spin Differential Rear Axle $295($263) on the first page for the JKUR. Does it come standard?
Thanks,
frymark is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-21-2013, 09:13 AM   #1205
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorCityJK View Post
Can't order a 2013 anymore.
Are you sure about that? The website seems to indicate to me at least that you can still order 2013's. Maybe that's just up here in Canadaland though? Or is jeep . ca giving me false information?
3yearDream is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-21-2013, 09:16 AM   #1206
Jeeper
 
MotorCityJK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Posts: 575
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3yearDream View Post
Are you sure about that? The website seems to indicate to me at least that you can still order 2013's. Maybe that's just up here in Canadaland though? Or is jeep . ca giving me false information?
Ignore the website for now. It's often off from what's actually available and is notoriously slow at catching up.

I just ordered 2014 on Wednesday night. They don't overlap.
__________________
2014 Anvil/Black JKUR - the Ellie-phant
auto/4.10s/max tow/730N/heated seats/connectivity/Prem soft top/remote start
Gone but not forgotten:
2010 Mango Tango JKUR - Big 'O/Molly
2008 Jeep Green JKUS
MotorCityJK is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-21-2013, 09:18 AM   #1207
Jeeper
 
MotorCityJK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Posts: 575
Quote:
Originally Posted by frymark View Post
I don't see an option for Anti Spin Differential Rear Axle $295($263) on the first page for the JKUR. Does it come standard?
Thanks,
You get lockers in the Rubicon.
__________________
2014 Anvil/Black JKUR - the Ellie-phant
auto/4.10s/max tow/730N/heated seats/connectivity/Prem soft top/remote start
Gone but not forgotten:
2010 Mango Tango JKUR - Big 'O/Molly
2008 Jeep Green JKUS
MotorCityJK is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-21-2013, 09:28 AM   #1208
Jeeper
 
Mark b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by frymark View Post
I don't see an option for Anti Spin Differential Rear Axle $295($263) on the first page for the JKUR. Does it come standard?
Thanks,
LSD is not in the Rubicon. The old TJ Rubicons had a LSD system in the Rubicon Locker but to be honest it wasn't very durable.

If I'm correct that was the only lockable LSD. Would be nice if Detroit or ARB would make a solid version, especially for people who see snow/ice.
__________________
1948 CJ2A | 2004 TJ Rubicon
Mark b is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-21-2013, 09:36 AM   #1209
The Infamous One

WF Supporting Member
 
donmeca2020's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Hollywood, florida
Posts: 2,593
Back on color topic !!! copperhead and Hydro blue for the WIN !!!!! lol
__________________
2014 Copperhead Pearl Wrangler Unlimited Sport

" Revenge is never about the greater good. Itís a visceral need that has to be satisfied or the strong lose focus. "
donmeca2020 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-21-2013, 09:47 AM   #1210
Jeeper
 
KjunGrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 27
Please, please oh pretty please can we get any more information on the Rubicon X?
KjunGrl is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-21-2013, 09:51 AM   #1211
Jeeper
 
13rian's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Posts: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by KjunGrl View Post
Please, please oh pretty please can we get any more information on the Rubicon X?
^^^^This for the win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donmeca2020 View Post
Back on color topic !!! copperhead and Hydro blue for the WIN !!!!! lol
Color, i have my fall back. If Copperhead, Hydro Blue or Amp'd Blow me away so be it. Need info on Rubicon X!!!!!!!
13rian is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-21-2013, 09:57 AM   #1212
Jeeper
 
Cdwright's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13rian View Post

^^^^This for the win.

Color, i have my fall back. If Copperhead, Hydro Blue or Amp'd Blow me away so be it. Need info on Rubicon X!!!!!!!
Hydro blue outside, copperhead inside.
Cdwright is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-21-2013, 10:17 AM   #1213
Jeeper
 
13rian's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Posts: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdwright View Post
Hydro blue outside, copperhead inside.
No no no, Copperhead outside and Amp'd inside
13rian is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-21-2013, 10:46 AM   #1214
Photographer and Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
Argent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,369
Images: 1
Send a message via AIM to Argent Send a message via Yahoo to Argent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milkman View Post
Looks like the old Inca Gold color that was a short run on the TJ's.

Argent is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-21-2013, 10:54 AM   #1215
Jeeper
 
Sucker Punch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 1,765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argent View Post
Good gosh that is ugly! No wonder it was limited... I bet they had to practically give them away.
Sucker Punch is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-21-2013, 10:54 AM   #1216
The Infamous One

WF Supporting Member
 
donmeca2020's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Hollywood, florida
Posts: 2,593
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13rian View Post
^^^^This for the win.



Color, i have my fall back. If Copperhead, Hydro Blue or Amp'd Blow me away so be it. Need info on Rubicon X!!!!!!!
I'm thinking from what info we have, that rubicon X won't b released til end of the year if not then possibly the begining of next year....
__________________
2014 Copperhead Pearl Wrangler Unlimited Sport

" Revenge is never about the greater good. Itís a visceral need that has to be satisfied or the strong lose focus. "
donmeca2020 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-21-2013, 12:21 PM   #1217
Jeeper
 
EZ St on MT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: CT
Posts: 193
GRRRRRNITE!!!!!!!

ok now I feel better for now. Gonna be a long summer.
EZ St on MT is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-21-2013, 12:27 PM   #1218
Jeeper
 
Sucker Punch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 1,765
Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ St on MT View Post
GRRRRRNITE!!!!!!!

ok now I feel better for now. Gonna be a long summer.

Well, it looks like Granite will be a popular color judging from this forum...

Hurry up Chrysler!
Sucker Punch is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-21-2013, 01:31 PM   #1219
Jeeper
 
cueball13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonStrong77 View Post
Putting together my build sheet and am wondering about options for side steps. Are the "stock option" steps any good or are aftermarket steps a better choice? Thanks in advance.
I ordered the side steps. After being tboned in my tj, the stock (frame mounted) steps really saved me from impact. I wish the jkus side steps were frame mounted.. I like the step but want to tie it to the body/frame mounts for durability. Don't like the fact that they are just mounted to the tub
cueball13 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-21-2013, 03:13 PM   #1220
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Great White North
Posts: 236
Just back from the dealer, Granite Crystal not available yet ( in Canada) so had to settle for Anvil. Now it's just wait until they build and ship and hope my trade-in doesn't get hit before I take delivery. Dealer says maybe six weeks but I think Sept is more likely. Had to try 3 different dealers before I managed to find one that would give me a 2014 at 2013 prices with current incentives.
WorkingMan is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-21-2013, 03:22 PM   #1221
Jeeper
 
Cee_Rozay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Hell Paso, Tx
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingMan View Post
Just back from the dealer, Granite Crystal not available yet ( in Canada) so had to settle for Anvil. Now it's just wait until they build and ship and hope my trade-in doesn't get hit before I take delivery. Dealer says maybe six weeks but I think Sept is more likely. Had to try 3 different dealers before I managed to find one that would give me a 2014 at 2013 prices with current incentives.
Congrats!
What exactly did you order?
Cee_Rozay is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-21-2013, 03:31 PM   #1222
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Great White North
Posts: 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cee_Rozay View Post
Congrats!
What exactly did you order?
24B with A/C and Hardtop, difficult decision to go manual or auto but traffic here in the city is awful and stop and go driving with a standard can really be a pain. Also, several times a year I do one way sailing trips and someone else will need to return my car to me and it's almost always a women that gets that job so an auto makes it easier to find a driver.

Now just need to find a nice soft top for summer use.
WorkingMan is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-21-2013, 03:36 PM   #1223
Jeeper
 
Cee_Rozay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Hell Paso, Tx
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingMan View Post

24B with A/C and Hardtop, difficult decision to go manual or auto but traffic here in the city is awful and stop and go driving with a standard can really be a pain. Also, several times a year I do one way sailing trips and someone else will need to return my car to me and it's almost always a women that gets that job so an auto makes it easier to find a driver.

Now just need to find a nice soft top for summer use.
Sweet! My patience is being tested, I like anvil but I'm waiting to see what hydro blue looks like.
Cee_Rozay is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-21-2013, 04:28 PM   #1224
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 287
Interesting. Browsing for a wrangler today, I found a photo of a wrangler in what looks for all the world like Copperhead. It was a stock photo though (for a rock lobster wrangler).

I clicked on it, and low and behold, there's a bunch of pics. Check it:

Photo Viewer

Charles.
ChopperCharles is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-21-2013, 04:39 PM   #1225
Jeeper
 
3PedalMINI's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperCharles View Post
Interesting. Browsing for a wrangler today, I found a photo of a wrangler in what looks for all the world like Copperhead. It was a stock photo though (for a rock lobster wrangler).

I clicked on it, and low and behold, there's a bunch of pics. Check it:

Photo Viewer

Charles.
interesting!

I think that is mango tango though, the engine doesnt look like the 3.6 in one of those pictures!

I wonder how close in color mango tango and copperhead are going to be...Either way i cannot wait to get my CH JKUS
3PedalMINI is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-21-2013, 04:46 PM   #1226
Jeeper
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by cueball13 View Post

I ordered the side steps. After being tboned in my tj, the stock (frame mounted) steps really saved me from impact. I wish the jkus side steps were frame mounted.. I like the step but want to tie it to the body/frame mounts for durability. Don't like the fact that they are just mounted to the tub
Was it the plastic side steps or rubi rails saved you from impact?
Postmon is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-21-2013, 05:21 PM   #1227
Newb
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 3
Newbie here. Joined a couple days ago because of this thread. We actually bought a Copperhead Pearl Grand Caravan recently. I caught it in slightly different light (full sun and partial sun). Here are some images from the day we got her.



__________________
2001 Jeep Cherokee - Stock
2012 Dodge Grand Caravan
Soon to be (hopefully) - 2014 JKUR
SouthPawXJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-21-2013, 05:51 PM   #1228
The Infamous One

WF Supporting Member
 
donmeca2020's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Hollywood, florida
Posts: 2,593
I love it how quite a few of you bitch and whine about people asking about colors or talking about them.... the main purpose of this thread is supposed to be about 2014 information. i think checking the availibility of a color as well as asking about options are pretty much information for all of others to find out.

Quite frankly a good portion of people coming on this particular thread aren't even buying a 2014 model, they're just on here BSing as well...
__________________
2014 Copperhead Pearl Wrangler Unlimited Sport

" Revenge is never about the greater good. Itís a visceral need that has to be satisfied or the strong lose focus. "
donmeca2020 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-21-2013, 08:39 PM   #1229
Jeeper
 
domr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 72
If you want nothing but 2014 info, just read Pat's posts. If you want to interact with the community, read and reply to the rest.

Thanks for the info Pat! I ordered a 2014 armed with the info you provided and feel great about it.
domr is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-21-2013, 08:42 PM   #1230
Jeeper
 
Sucker Punch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 1,765
Quote:
Originally Posted by domr View Post
If you want nothing but 2014 info, just read Pat's posts. If you want to interact with the community, read and reply to the rest.

Thanks for the info Pat! I ordered a 2014 armed with the info you provided and feel great about it.
X2! Awesome info Pat!

Sucker Punch is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:36 PM.



Jeepģ, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC