2014 Wrangler Information Thread - Page 44 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 06-24-2013, 09:04 AM   #1291
Jeeper
 
mikebot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Inland Empire, CA, USA!
Posts: 578
FYI I have a 2013 order in place that just moved to build status this morning, so the line hasn't been re-tooled yet.

mikebot is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-24-2013, 09:20 AM   #1292
Jeeper
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 245
From what I see 2014 production starts 7/22 up until the prior friday (7/19) its 2013 models. The plant has some downtime the week of 7/1.

blankster is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-24-2013, 10:07 AM   #1293
Jeeper
 
Fellows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmshay6 View Post
Haven 't seen this covered with respect to the wheel / tire package- does anyone know if it will be available on a 23c package JKU? Here's my thinking. I can live without power windows and locks. Less to break long term. I want connectivity which gives me the leather wheel which is nice. And if i can get the wheel upgrade on a "c" package JKU, then the only thing missing from the S pkg is power which i don't really care about.

Just wondering if jeep will require us to purchase the "s" pkg in order to then purchase the wheel upgrade? Anybody know? Too soon to tell maybe?
If you're getting a JKU with full doors, I'd rethink the power windows. Running around to all four doors just to roll down windows sucks. I've had cars for 200K miles that never had a window motor problem. If they do go out, it's like $50 for a new motor.
Fellows is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-24-2013, 10:17 AM   #1294
Jeeper
 
Sucker Punch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 1,765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellows View Post
If you're getting a JKU with full doors, I'd rethink the power windows. Running around to all four doors just to roll down windows sucks. I've had cars for 200K miles that never had a window motor problem. If they do go out, it's like $50 for a new motor.
I have to agree with you on the full doors Fellows. It makes much more sense for the automatic locks and windows on the full doors.

I'm going with the half doors so when I want the windows rolled down all I have to do is take the upper half doors off. I had half doors on my other Jeeps and love them. Everyone complains about the zipper windows but I hardly ever used the zipper windows except in the 3 months of winter. Otherwise the upper half doors are always off 9 months of the year...

HALF DOORS FTW!
Sucker Punch is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-24-2013, 10:24 AM   #1295
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 287
Will the amber lenses from the 13 fit the 14 I wonder.... would rather have the amber than the clear.

Still waiting on info about the tire package...

Charles.
ChopperCharles is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-24-2013, 10:43 AM   #1296
Jeeper
 
Sucker Punch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 1,765
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperCharles View Post
Will the amber lenses from the 13 fit the 14 I wonder.... would rather have the amber than the clear.

Still waiting on info about the tire package...

Charles.
I am not 100% sure, but I would expect that the lenses will be a simple swap if you don't like the clear.
Sucker Punch is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-24-2013, 11:23 AM   #1297
Newb
 
Sclafani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 7
Anyone know of any dealers that still have true blue rubicons?
Sclafani is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-24-2013, 12:25 PM   #1298
Sponsoring Vendor
 
pat@fieldsauto.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Glenview
Posts: 3,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmshay6 View Post
Haven 't seen this covered with respect to the wheel / tire package- does anyone know if it will be available on a 23c package JKU? Here's my thinking. I can live without power windows and locks. Less to break long term. I want connectivity which gives me the leather wheel which is nice. And if i can get the wheel upgrade on a "c" package JKU, then the only thing missing from the S pkg is power which i don't really care about.

Just wondering if jeep will require us to purchase the "s" pkg in order to then purchase the wheel upgrade? Anybody know? Too soon to tell maybe?
Most likely S package only. The upgrade price on the S will probably be in the $500-$600 range, that's based off getting the credit for the 17s that come standard on the S package. If it is an option on the C, I would guess the upgrade cost would be closer to the $1000 range.
__________________
Patrick O'Donnell(Pat@Fieldsauto.com)
Fields Chrysler Jeep Dodge │ 2800 Patriot Blvd│ Glenview, IL 60026
847-446-5100 main│ 847-881-8313 direct
pat@fieldsauto.comFieldsChryslerJeepDodge.com
Have Questions About A New Jeep Purchase? CLICK HERE
pat@fieldsauto.com is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-24-2013, 01:26 PM   #1299
Jeeper
 
mikebot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Inland Empire, CA, USA!
Posts: 578
Sales manager informed me of estimated delivery date for first allocation of 2014 orders within the first two weeks of August.
mikebot is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-24-2013, 01:29 PM   #1300
Jeeper
 
BostonStrong77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by pat@fieldsauto.com View Post

Most likely S package only. The upgrade price on the S will probably be in the $500-$600 range, that's based off getting the credit for the 17s that come standard on the S package. If it is an option on the C, I would guess the upgrade cost would be closer to the $1000 range.
Thanks Pat! Definitely waiting until that's available. I wish there was a Fields in Arkansas..
BostonStrong77 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-24-2013, 02:43 PM   #1301
Jeeper
 
wmshay6's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Absurdistan AKA- MD
Posts: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by pat@fieldsauto.com View Post
Most likely S package only. The upgrade price on the S will probably be in the $500-$600 range, that's based off getting the credit for the 17s that come standard on the S package. If it is an option on the C, I would guess the upgrade cost would be closer to the $1000 range.
I don't like that answer!! Here's to hoping that Chrysler missed one.

Anyone know if you still have to buy a useless 1yr XM subsctiption in order to get connectivity?
wmshay6 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-24-2013, 03:01 PM   #1302
Jeeper
 
BostonStrong77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmshay6 View Post

I don't like that answer!! Here's to hoping that Chrysler missed one.

Anyone know if you still have to buy a useless 1yr XM subsctiption in order to get connectivity?
When I tried building a 2013 on the Jeep website and added connectivity, there was a pop up saying that you have to get XM. Maybe it'll change for 2014
BostonStrong77 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-24-2013, 03:04 PM   #1303
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Rubiwho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 284
Production scheduled for about June 22nd or July 22nd? Seems to be conflicting info on different threads, anyone have a confident guess on the correct month, June or July?
__________________
Check out my build thread...
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f118/ru...ld-310945.html
Rubiwho is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-24-2013, 03:05 PM   #1304
Jeeper
 
DC Dennis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sucker Punch View Post
I'm pretty sure you can only get the 3.73 gears on the sport. 4.10 only available on Rubicons. I have heard that the 3.73 gears do well with up to 35" tires with no need to regear. If you are going with bigger tires then you would need the 4.10 or lower gears...

From what I have read I think the only difference between the 4.10 and 3.73 gears is only a couple hundred rpm (correct me if I'm wrong). Not a HUGE difference, but if I had the choice I would definitely go with the 4.10 gears. I just don't want to pay another 5K for a Rubi just for the 4.10 gears...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3PedalMINI View Post
It makes absolutely no sense to me why Jeep doesnt offer the 4.10 gears across the line. all jeeps go down the same assembly line, why not offer it as a $500 dollar option? I would certainly pay it.

I dont want a rubi, I want to build my jeep up..I shouldn't have to spend 5k more just to get the option of 4.10s... really ignorant to me how jeep does some things.
The axles are pre-assembled before they get to the line. The 4.10 gears are in the D44 front end, not the D30, and is only on the locker diffs. While I agree it would be nice, it is just not as easy as it might seem at first.
DC Dennis is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-24-2013, 03:07 PM   #1305
Jeeper
 
MotorCityJK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Posts: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubiwho View Post
Production scheduled for about June 22nd or July 22nd? Seems to be conflicting info on different threads, anyone have a confident guess on the correct month, June or July?
For sure July.
__________________
2014 Anvil/Black JKUR - the Ellie-phant
auto/4.10s/max tow/730N/heated seats/connectivity/Prem soft top/remote start
Gone but not forgotten:
2010 Mango Tango JKUR - Big 'O/Molly
2008 Jeep Green JKUS
MotorCityJK is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-24-2013, 03:08 PM   #1306
Sponsoring Vendor
 
pat@fieldsauto.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Glenview
Posts: 3,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonStrong77 View Post
When I tried building a 2013 on the Jeep website and added connectivity, there was a pop up saying that you have to get XM. Maybe it'll change for 2014
for 2014 you still have to select the Sirius to get Connectivity on a Sport. Sirius is standard on Saharas and up, thus no pop up.
__________________
Patrick O'Donnell(Pat@Fieldsauto.com)
Fields Chrysler Jeep Dodge │ 2800 Patriot Blvd│ Glenview, IL 60026
847-446-5100 main│ 847-881-8313 direct
pat@fieldsauto.comFieldsChryslerJeepDodge.com
Have Questions About A New Jeep Purchase? CLICK HERE
pat@fieldsauto.com is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-24-2013, 03:09 PM   #1307
Jeeper
 
DC Dennis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubiwho View Post
Production scheduled for about June 22nd or July 22nd? Seems to be conflicting info on different threads, anyone have a confident guess on the correct month, June or July?
July 22nd, my '13 is yet to be built...
DC Dennis is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-24-2013, 03:14 PM   #1308
Jeeper
 
ArcherAce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Toledo, OH
Posts: 643
Images: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubiwho View Post
Production scheduled for about June 22nd or July 22nd?
july
__________________
l_______
/l ,[_____],
l---L -
OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
Aerodynamics are overrated
ArcherAce is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-24-2013, 03:17 PM   #1309
Sponsoring Vendor
 
pat@fieldsauto.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Glenview
Posts: 3,175
^ Great seeing you on here Archer!
__________________
Patrick O'Donnell(Pat@Fieldsauto.com)
Fields Chrysler Jeep Dodge │ 2800 Patriot Blvd│ Glenview, IL 60026
847-446-5100 main│ 847-881-8313 direct
pat@fieldsauto.comFieldsChryslerJeepDodge.com
Have Questions About A New Jeep Purchase? CLICK HERE
pat@fieldsauto.com is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-24-2013, 03:54 PM   #1310
Jeeper
 
Fellows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC Dennis View Post

The axles are pre-assembled before they get to the line. The 4.10 gears are in the D44 front end, not the D30, and is only on the locker diffs. While I agree it would be nice, it is just not as easy as it might seem at first.
3.73's being standard on a Rubicon auto makes less sense in this case. Seems like it would be cheaper for all D-44's to be 4.10.
Fellows is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-24-2013, 03:55 PM   #1311
Jeeper
 
MotorCityJK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Posts: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellows View Post
3.73's being standard on a Rubicon auto makes less sense in this case. Seems like it would be cheaper for all D-44's to be 4.10.
Again...back to the CAFE standards. Percentage wise much fewer 4.10'd Rubicons than Sports and Saharas w/ 3.73s.
__________________
2014 Anvil/Black JKUR - the Ellie-phant
auto/4.10s/max tow/730N/heated seats/connectivity/Prem soft top/remote start
Gone but not forgotten:
2010 Mango Tango JKUR - Big 'O/Molly
2008 Jeep Green JKUS
MotorCityJK is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-24-2013, 04:52 PM   #1312
Jeeper
 
ArcherAce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Toledo, OH
Posts: 643
Images: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pat@fieldsauto.com View Post
^ Great seeing you on here Archer!
nice to be back"
__________________
l_______
/l ,[_____],
l---L -
OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
Aerodynamics are overrated
ArcherAce is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-24-2013, 05:01 PM   #1313
Jeeper
 
3PedalMINI's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC Dennis View Post
The axles are pre-assembled before they get to the line. The 4.10 gears are in the D44 front end, not the D30, and is only on the locker diffs. While I agree it would be nice, it is just not as easy as it might seem at first.
That makes Sense!

Easy fix though, Just through the D44 axel's in as standard across the line
__________________
Save The Manuals!

2014 JKU-R Copperhead
My build thread: http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/3pe...ad-354434.html
3PedalMINI is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-24-2013, 06:24 PM   #1314
Jeeper
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 245
You can probably take the last 5 digits of your 2014 vin divide by roughly 4000 to get the build week of your vehicle starting 7/23 as week 1.
blankster is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-24-2013, 08:03 PM   #1315
Jeeper
 
DC Dennis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by blankster View Post
You can probably take the last 5 digits of your 2014 vin divide by roughly 4000 to get the build week of your vehicle starting 7/23 as week 1.
They do not build them in vin sequence.
DC Dennis is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-24-2013, 10:06 PM   #1316
Jeeper
 
Sucker Punch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 1,765
Still haven't had a chance to run by the local dealer to check out the granite crystal yet. Hopefully will get over there tomorrow. I need to see it in person before making my decision on if it's worth waiting for or not. Otherwise I will just order a black JKU...
Sucker Punch is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-25-2013, 12:02 AM   #1317
The Infamous One

WF Supporting Member
 
donmeca2020's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Hollywood, florida
Posts: 2,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sucker Punch View Post
Still haven't had a chance to run by the local dealer to check out the granite crystal yet. Hopefully will get over there tomorrow. I need to see it in person before making my decision on if it's worth waiting for or not. Otherwise I will just order a black JKU...
it's a bad ass looking color. i've seen it on a challenger a few weeks back. i think that definetly tops black by far
__________________
2014 Copperhead Pearl Wrangler Unlimited Sport

" Revenge is never about the greater good. Itís a visceral need that has to be satisfied or the strong lose focus. "
donmeca2020 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-25-2013, 03:49 AM   #1318
Newb
 
fallenbird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Okinawa, Japan
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infidel3-7 View Post
Chrysler & Ford Military Sales - Showroom - Choose Your Model (overseas Military Sales Program) has the color codes and prices for the 2014 and they have the the sport, Sahara, and Rubicon.No pictures yet and I'm still waiting for the Freedom edition to become availabe hopefully soon.
Sweet! What prices did you get from the new car sales guy? I'll be sure to go see my guy tomorrow here on base.
__________________
Always Faithful
fallenbird is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-25-2013, 09:37 AM   #1319
Jeeper
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC Dennis View Post
They do not build them in vin sequence.
Good to know so my vin which is close to 19K may not mean I'm waiting until late August or early September.
blankster is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-25-2013, 09:42 AM   #1320
Jeeper
 
Duckquackers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,362
ArcherAce, welcome back my friend! How is the good life?

__________________
Truth, Honesty, and Courage means tell the truth do what's right and achieve what needs to be done. Rock to rock puddle to puddle.
Tread Lightly Member
Duckquackers is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:05 AM.



Jeepģ, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC