2014 Wrangler Information Thread - Page 45 - Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 06-25-2013, 09:46 AM   #1321
Jeeper
 
cueball13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC Dennis View Post

They do not build them in vin sequence.
What sequence do the build them in? Order by paint color? Options? My vin is 84xx and I ordered a billet sport. I am jeep less now and want it as soon as possible!!!!!'

cueball13 is offline   Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:46 AM   #1322
Jeeper
 
MotorCityJK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Posts: 627
Anyone try to do a VOTS search and get an error saying "The lastname or tracking number you entered is incorrect". I'm wondering if my sales guy gave me the wrong VON# or if the system just needs a few days to catch up.

__________________
2014 Anvil/Black JKUR - the Ellie-phant
auto/4.10s/max tow/730N/heated seats/connectivity/Prem soft top/remote start
Gone but not forgotten:
2010 Mango Tango JKUR - Big 'O/Molly
2008 Jeep Green JKUS
MotorCityJK is online now   Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:08 AM   #1323
Jeeper
 
Billy Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Creole, Louisiana
Posts: 771
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorCityJK View Post
Anyone try to do a VOTS search and get an error saying "The lastname or tracking number you entered is incorrect". I'm wondering if my sales guy gave me the wrong VON# or if the system just needs a few days to catch up.
It will say that for a few days and up to a couple weeks. On my Rubi 10A, i had that message over a month.
__________________
2013 Rubi 10A Unlimited, Billet, Red interior. Ordered 02-02-13 and took delivery 04-24-13. Now a Happy 10A Owner
Billy Goat is offline   Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:19 AM   #1324
Jeeper
 
mikebot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Inland Empire, CA, USA!
Posts: 579
My 2013 order just went into delivery status.
mikebot is offline   Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:21 AM   #1325
Jeeper
 
MotorCityJK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Posts: 627
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Goat View Post
It will say that for a few days and up to a couple weeks. On my Rubi 10A, i had that message over a month.
Good to know. Thanks!
__________________
2014 Anvil/Black JKUR - the Ellie-phant
auto/4.10s/max tow/730N/heated seats/connectivity/Prem soft top/remote start
Gone but not forgotten:
2010 Mango Tango JKUR - Big 'O/Molly
2008 Jeep Green JKUS
MotorCityJK is online now   Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:34 AM   #1326
Jeeper
 
DC Dennis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by cueball13 View Post
What sequence do the build them in? Order by paint color? Options? My vin is 84xx and I ordered a billet sport. I am jeep less now and want it as soon as possible!!!!!'
I am trying to figure out the rhyme and reason for the sequence of build, figure it is most likely is batched by destination within color/limited edition runs. But, the VINs are issued in sequence of order, with sold orders moving up the priority of build above dealer stock orders.
DC Dennis is offline   Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:45 PM   #1327
Jeeper
 
JeepNoobie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 73
Pat do you know if the black wheels are the moab wheels on the sport now or a new design?
JeepNoobie is offline   Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 01:12 PM   #1328
Jeeper
 
Mark b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepNoobie View Post
Pat do you know if the black wheels are the moab wheels on the sport now or a new design?
I hope they are new. And, it would be awesome if they finally fixed the backspacing so people who upgrade tires don't have to trash their wheels. There are so many JK wheels on Craigslist it ain't even funny.
__________________
1948 CJ2A | 2004 TJ Rubicon
Mark b is offline   Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 01:14 PM   #1329
Jeeper
 
MotorCityJK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Posts: 627
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark b View Post
I hope they are new. And, it would be awesome if they finally fixed the backspacing so people who upgrade tires don't have to trash their wheels. There are so many JK wheels on Craigslist it ain't even funny.
Will never happen. Too many areas of this country and the world that require the tires be fully inside the fenders.
__________________
2014 Anvil/Black JKUR - the Ellie-phant
auto/4.10s/max tow/730N/heated seats/connectivity/Prem soft top/remote start
Gone but not forgotten:
2010 Mango Tango JKUR - Big 'O/Molly
2008 Jeep Green JKUS
MotorCityJK is online now   Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 01:23 PM   #1330
Jeeper
 
DC Dennis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark b View Post
I hope they are new. And, it would be awesome if they finally fixed the backspacing so people who upgrade tires don't have to trash their wheels. There are so many JK wheels on Craigslist it ain't even funny.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorCityJK View Post
Will never happen. Too many areas of this country and the world that require the tires be fully inside the fenders.
I hope that the 2016 remodel is designed for better backspacing from the factory. The problem is not the wheels, but the rest of the design, wheels are but a symptom.
DC Dennis is offline   Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 01:32 PM   #1331
Jeeper
 
JeepNoobie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 73
I like the MOAB edition or the 10A edition wheels but I know those won't be available for the Sport S
JeepNoobie is offline   Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 01:34 PM   #1332
Jeeper
 
MotorCityJK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Posts: 627
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC Dennis View Post
I hope that the 2016 remodel is designed for better backspacing from the factory. The problem is not the wheels, but the rest of the design, wheels are but a symptom.
Again...probably won't happen. EVERYTHING has a large backspacing these days. Allows them to make the axles as wide as possible. Stability I'm guessing or maybe they like tucking brakes back up into the wheel.
__________________
2014 Anvil/Black JKUR - the Ellie-phant
auto/4.10s/max tow/730N/heated seats/connectivity/Prem soft top/remote start
Gone but not forgotten:
2010 Mango Tango JKUR - Big 'O/Molly
2008 Jeep Green JKUS
MotorCityJK is online now   Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 01:45 PM   #1333
Jeeper
 
DC Dennis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorCityJK View Post
Again...probably won't happen. EVERYTHING has a large backspacing these days. Allows them to make the axles as wide as possible. Stability I'm guessing or maybe they like tucking brakes back up into the wheel.
No reason they can't make the body an inch wider or design the frame to allow more clearance up front when turning to deal with the current issues with the backspacing.
DC Dennis is offline   Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 01:54 PM   #1334
Jeeper
 
MotorCityJK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Posts: 627
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC Dennis View Post
No reason they can't make the body an inch wider or design the frame to allow more clearance up front when turning to deal with the current issues with the backspacing.
Again...no need as I can almost guarantee they will stay with a positive offset wheel. Everything does these days.
__________________
2014 Anvil/Black JKUR - the Ellie-phant
auto/4.10s/max tow/730N/heated seats/connectivity/Prem soft top/remote start
Gone but not forgotten:
2010 Mango Tango JKUR - Big 'O/Molly
2008 Jeep Green JKUS
MotorCityJK is online now   Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 03:10 PM   #1335
Newb
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 5
Remote start

Hey Pat, can the remote start be dealer installed. It's not available on the sport.
Pyroladine is offline   Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 03:15 PM   #1336
Jeeper
 
MotorCityJK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Posts: 627
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyroladine View Post
Hey Pat, can the remote start be dealer installed. It's not available on the sport.
Yes. I've known 2 people that had this done for same reason.
__________________
2014 Anvil/Black JKUR - the Ellie-phant
auto/4.10s/max tow/730N/heated seats/connectivity/Prem soft top/remote start
Gone but not forgotten:
2010 Mango Tango JKUR - Big 'O/Molly
2008 Jeep Green JKUS
MotorCityJK is online now   Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 03:21 PM   #1337
Newb
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 5
Good to know.
Pyroladine is offline   Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 05:33 PM   #1338
Jeeper
 
donmeca2020's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Hollywood, florida
Posts: 2,986
Pat, I hate to be burden and sound like a broken record, but is there any info for any of these new colors? Will we be able to order one possibly sometime in july ?
__________________
2014 Copperhead Pearl Wrangler Unlimited Sport

Claiming to be Off-road 24/7 and living the Mountain man life. that's the WF member way
donmeca2020 is offline   Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 05:35 PM   #1339
Jeeper
 
Dillon152's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Toledo Ohio
Posts: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC Dennis View Post
I am trying to figure out the rhyme and reason for the sequence of build, figure it is most likely is batched by destination within color/limited edition runs. But, the VINs are issued in sequence of order, with sold orders moving up the priority of build above dealer stock orders.
I ordered my 14' on June 10th and got a VIN of 2210xx.. So I'm not sure if order of VIN# has a lot to do with when the order was place (other wise mine would be 190000 lower)....
Dillon152 is offline   Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 05:54 PM   #1340
Jeeper
 
cueball13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillon152 View Post

I ordered my 14' on June 10th and got a VIN of 2210xx.. So I'm not sure if order of VIN# has a lot to do with when the order was place (other wise mine would be 190000 lower)....
My order was placed on 6/17 and I got my vin on 6/18. The vins must be assigned regionally or something. My full vin provided is EL1084xx, but I thought the last 5 were the build/sequence number. Maybe it is determined by trim level?
cueball13 is offline   Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 06:10 PM   #1341
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by cueball13 View Post
My order was placed on 6/17 and I got my vin on 6/18. The vins must be assigned regionally or something. My full vin provided is EL1084xx, but I thought the last 5 were the build/sequence number. Maybe it is determined by trim level?
I'll chime in here, in case anyone is curious in tracking a pattern (I am not):

VIN:
EL1089xx

Order Date:
6/15/13

Model/Color:
Black Unlimited Sahara

Delivery Location:
Pat at Fields Chrysler in Northfield, Illinois (even though I'm in Ohio)

Current Status:
Scheduled for Production
aug0211 is offline   Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 06:39 PM   #1342
Jeeper
 
DC Dennis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 401
JEEP VIN Decoder 1.64 just one of many vin decoders out there.
All the numbers are not the build numbers, a bunch tell you engine type, country of origin, manufacturing plant, color, etc.
Vehicle Identification Number - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
DC Dennis is offline   Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 06:47 PM   #1343
Jeeper
 
Lbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 643
__________________
2013 Gecko JK Rubicon, LoD bumper, Warn VR8000-S, Ace Rock Sliders, Goodyear SilentArmors, Drake grill inserts, Prolink, Smart Doors, AntennaX, Welcome grabs, Mopar Slush mats front, QT mats rear and cargo, Midland CB, Mopar locking gas cap, RR fuel door, wallet on life support.

If you don't know where you're going, you'll get there.
Lbear is offline   Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 07:14 PM   #1344
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC Dennis View Post
JEEP VIN Decoder 1.64 just one of many vin decoders out there.
All the numbers are not the build numbers, a bunch tell you engine type, country of origin, manufacturing plant, color, etc.
Vehicle Identification Number - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Dang, I should've remember this. Have read up on this stuff (for different vehicles) plenty before.

Thanks for pointing this out!
aug0211 is offline   Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 07:15 PM   #1345
Jeeper
 
cueball13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC Dennis View Post
JEEP VIN Decoder 1.64 just one of many vin decoders out there.
All the numbers are not the build numbers, a bunch tell you engine type, country of origin, manufacturing plant, color, etc.
Vehicle Identification Number - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jeep only gave me the last eight, so I can't enter the full vin. From various sources/threads, the last eight should be as follows: (breakjng down my vin: EL1084xx)
10th digit- E= 2014. (Based on C=2012 and D=2013 from what I found)
11th digit- L = Toledo plant
12th-17th digit- 1084xx.. Either sequence or series unique identifier.

Don't know the rhyme or reason, but I want my jeep dammit!
cueball13 is offline   Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 08:14 PM   #1346
Jeeper
 
Dillon152's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Toledo Ohio
Posts: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by cueball13 View Post
Jeep only gave me the last eight, so I can't enter the full vin. From various sources/threads, the last eight should be as follows: (breakjng down my vin: EL1084xx)
10th digit- E= 2014. (Based on C=2012 and D=2013 from what I found)
11th digit- L = Toledo plant
12th-17th digit- 1084xx.. Either sequence or series unique identifier.

Don't know the rhyme or reason, but I want my jeep dammit!
Edit: a quick Internet search of the VIN they gave me, turns out its a Grand Cherokee Overland! Haha hope they honor my 2dr wrangler sport price!

Soooo are there any other plants making wranglers that I don't know of??? My last 8 looks like this EC2210xx... Crazy

I'm concluding that the lady at IAMJEEP must've given me the wrong VIN.... Had to of!
Dillon152 is offline   Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 08:17 PM   #1347
Jeeper
 
Blue Heron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sclafani View Post
Anyone know of any dealers that still have true blue rubicons?
Afraid that train left the station.
Blue Heron is offline   Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 08:38 PM   #1348
Jeeper
 
IowaRaider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Heron View Post
Afraid that train left the station.
Autotrader shows 30 true blue Rubicons on dealer lots.
__________________
2012 Wrangler Bright Silver Sport S 6 spd
IowaRaider is offline   Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 08:41 PM   #1349
Sponsoring Vendor
 
pat@fieldsauto.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Glenview
Posts: 3,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by donmeca2020 View Post
Pat, I hate to be burden and sound like a broken record, but is there any info for any of these new colors? Will we be able to order one possibly sometime in july ?
Granite- late summer early fall
Hydro Blue- late summer early fall
Copperhead-late summer early fall
__________________
Patrick O'Donnell
Fields Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram │ 2800 Patriot Blvd│ Glenview, IL 60026
847-446-5100 main
pat@fieldsauto.com is offline   Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 08:46 PM   #1350
Jeeper
 
Mark b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 267
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaRaider View Post
Autotrader shows 30 true blue Rubicons on dealer lots.
There is one at a dealer by me but I thought it looked weird with the tan interior...

2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Charlotte, NC near Lake Norman & Gastonia | Stateline New and Used Car Dealer Fort Mill

__________________
1948 CJ2A | 2004 TJ Rubicon
Mark b is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:39 PM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC