2014 Wrangler Information Thread - Page 50 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 06-29-2013, 02:19 AM   #1471
Newb
 
Infidel3-7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 8
well I pulled the trigger on a 2014 anvil rubicon hardtop. Hopefully I can see it in December

Infidel3-7 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-29-2013, 02:44 AM   #1472
Jeeper
 
lysol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Fairfax, VA
Posts: 537
Got happy for a sec... Thought this was a '14


lysol is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-29-2013, 09:30 AM   #1473
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 32
I'm assuming that the new Rubicon X will have the same price tag as the Rubicon 10A
quip21 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-29-2013, 09:36 AM   #1474
Jeeper
 
Billy Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Creole, Louisiana
Posts: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by quip21 View Post
I'm assuming that the new Rubicon X will have the same price tag as the Rubicon 10A
Just as an FYI, the 10A package was 5K option above a regular Rubi. My guess it will be at least 4K above regular Rubi on the X
__________________
2013 Rubi 10A Unlimited, Billet, Red interior. Ordered 02-02-13 and took delivery 04-24-13. Now a Happy 10A Owner
Billy Goat is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-29-2013, 11:36 AM   #1475
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Goat View Post
Just as an FYI, the 10A package was 5K option above a regular Rubi. My guess it will be at least 4K above regular Rubi on the X
Considering the 10a comes with the connectivity package, premium soft top and leather seats, the actual difference is closer to $3400. That's if you want leather and bluetooth in a rubicon. $3400 for hood and bumpers isn't too bad if you really like them.
BXCc is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-29-2013, 11:57 AM   #1476
Jeeper
 
The_Chief's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 916
Kinda weird how X stands for 10, yet the 10th Anniv. was a 2013... I wonder if it's just some sort of continuation...
The_Chief is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-29-2013, 11:58 AM   #1477
Jeeper
 
Blue Heron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Chief View Post
Kinda weird how X stands for 10, yet the 10th Anniv. was a 2013... I wonder if it's just some sort of continuation...
Very observant.
Blue Heron is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-29-2013, 12:58 PM   #1478
Jeeper
 
ArcherAce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Toledo, OH
Posts: 669
Images: 3
Is it offical that it will be called "10X"? I was told it was going to be called "10R"
ArcherAce is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-29-2013, 01:12 PM   #1479
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 771
what puzzles me about this all is that there are still 10A's available on the lots out there. What's the point of introducing a duplicate of it, if the original can't sold out (yet)? In order to sell a duplicate, it will have to be cheaper, if it is cheaper it will have to remove some of the original items. Just removing the 10A reference which is nothing more than a sticker on the side, a cheap plastic insert on the grab handle, and embroidery in the leather seats, what corners will be cut further to make it more afforadable in order to move them?
positrak is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-29-2013, 01:13 PM   #1480
Jeeper
 
Billy Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Creole, Louisiana
Posts: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by BXCc View Post
Considering the 10a comes with the connectivity package, premium soft top and leather seats, the actual difference is closer to $3400. That's if you want leather and bluetooth in a rubicon. $3400 for hood and bumpers isn't too bad if you really like them.
Your right, It was exactly 3,200 more for mine than a Rubicon. 5 k was the msrp price, not actual I paid.
__________________
2013 Rubi 10A Unlimited, Billet, Red interior. Ordered 02-02-13 and took delivery 04-24-13. Now a Happy 10A Owner
Billy Goat is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-29-2013, 01:15 PM   #1481
Jeeper
 
Billy Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Creole, Louisiana
Posts: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcherAce View Post
Is it offical that it will be called "10X"? I was told it was going to be called "10R"
Pat remarked it was a Rubicon X, i really have no idea.
__________________
2013 Rubi 10A Unlimited, Billet, Red interior. Ordered 02-02-13 and took delivery 04-24-13. Now a Happy 10A Owner
Billy Goat is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-29-2013, 01:20 PM   #1482
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 771
I suspect letter X is just a place holder for a undecided name.
positrak is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-29-2013, 01:22 PM   #1483
Jeeper
 
Billy Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Creole, Louisiana
Posts: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by positrak View Post
I suspect letter X is just a place holder for a undecided name.
X for extra mulah..,
__________________
2013 Rubi 10A Unlimited, Billet, Red interior. Ordered 02-02-13 and took delivery 04-24-13. Now a Happy 10A Owner
Billy Goat is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-29-2013, 01:50 PM   #1484
Jeeper
 
TranquilTurtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Goat View Post

X for extra mulah..,
Bump
TranquilTurtle is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-29-2013, 02:29 PM   #1485
Jeeper
 
Mark b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 267
Xtreme....too extreme for the "E"
X....to extreme for the "treme"

That was played out 10 years ago. It's so played out maybe it's cool again.
__________________
1948 CJ2A | 2004 TJ Rubicon
Mark b is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-29-2013, 02:40 PM   #1486
Jeeper
 
TranquilTurtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeaspapa View Post

Nice to see a Canuck dealer rep on the site!
Thanks!
TranquilTurtle is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-29-2013, 05:42 PM   #1487
Jeeper
 
mikebot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Inland Empire, CA, USA!
Posts: 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejdj View Post

I received this kit today and installed it on my, gasp... '13. The kit is very nice and goes one really easy. The wiring is top notch can be installed in minutes.

Very happy with it.
Awesome. Glad to hear positive feedback. Epic cheeseburger.
mikebot is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-29-2013, 08:08 PM   #1488
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 341
Where were the pics of the 14?
Hammer One is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-29-2013, 08:41 PM   #1489
Jeeper
 
3PedalMINI's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 593
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer One View Post
Where were the pics of the 14?
hmm, wonder where they went
__________________
Save The Manuals!

2014 JKU-R Copperhead
My build thread: http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/3pe...ad-354434.html
3PedalMINI is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-29-2013, 08:54 PM   #1490
Jeeper
 
Sucker Punch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 1,789
No worries, I saw the pics! You didn't miss a thing. But it is strange that they were removed

I'm guessing they were removed because they were trying to keep the clear lenses top secret
Sucker Punch is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-29-2013, 09:11 PM   #1491
Jeeper
 
ArcherAce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Toledo, OH
Posts: 669
Images: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcherAce View Post
Is it offical that it will be called "10X"? I was told it was going to be called "10R"
Now I heard it is going to be called a Rubicon X.
__________________
l_______
/l ,[_____],
l---L -
OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
Aerodynamics are overrated
ArcherAce is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-29-2013, 09:29 PM   #1492
Jeeper
 
cueball13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIOHAZARDCYCLES View Post
GOT AN EMAIL:
Estimated ship date on yours is 7/25
This has me anxious. My order was placed on 6/17 and the confirmation email was sent received from jeep on 6/18.. I hope my order is in the first weeks batch.
cueball13 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-29-2013, 09:31 PM   #1493
Jeeper
 
ENGINE66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Dana Point, CA
Posts: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by pseuno View Post
If rubicon x is a clone. I would have preferred that just cause it's a lot easier to say X than to say 10th anniversary edition. haha. I will just start calling my 10ae a rubicon X too.
Negative...you have a "10A" and imitation is the ultimate compliment. Jeep can clone away...and we knew many features of the 10A were pre-cursers to future Wranglers. The 10A will be always be a special run no matter what IMO. As for the 14' model changes, I'll bet the substantial upgrades are resereved for the next gen...tranny choices, HID headlights, lightweight skin & engineering, raked windshield, etc. While many of us want this or that, there are engineers and executives sweating it out with CAFE standards and have to engineer & produce a product lineup that is in sync with industry standards. So, while the next gen Wrangler may have some undersireable engineering and designs cues to the fringes, the masses will be teased with features already found in other models. Either way, it's a win for many of us...we have the current gen and can keep it or buy the next gen if it has what we want. I think diesel is a possibility, but I won't bet on it based on a simple cost/benefit analysis. When I had my CJ7, Jeepers were up in arms over square headlights being introduced. There was a call for boycotting Jeep, but the reality is, we don't make the decisions.
__________________
1984 CJ-7 RENEGADE (avatar), 1988 Grand Wagoneer, 1990 Wrangler, 1995 LR D90, 1997 LR D90 White, 1997 LR D90 Blue/White, 2010 F350 Dually-current, 2011 BMW X5-current
2013 Rubicon Billet-current, 2013 R10A JKU Anvil/Red.
ENGINE66 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-29-2013, 10:24 PM   #1494
Jeeper
 
Dillon152's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Toledo Ohio
Posts: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcherAce View Post
a fellow Toledoan? awesome!
Yes sir! This will be my first Jeep! I can't wait!
Dillon152 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-29-2013, 10:56 PM   #1495
Jeeper
 
The_Chief's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 916
I know X is for 10, but that'll make no sense in 2014...
The_Chief is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-29-2013, 11:18 PM   #1496
Jeeper
 
bcsnave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 358
Dealer appled rust proofing????

Is the dealer applied rust proofing any good? They want $750

Will it keep the under carriage "somewhat" clean?

Will it keep rust out of the crevices in the back around the tailgate?

Does anyone have experience with getting the rust proofing?

Thanks
bcsnave is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-30-2013, 08:17 AM   #1497
Newb
 
fallenbird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Okinawa, Japan
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcsnave View Post
Is the dealer applied rust proofing any good? They want $750

Will it keep the under carriage "somewhat" clean?

Will it keep rust out of the crevices in the back around the tailgate?

Does anyone have experience with getting the rust proofing?

Thanks
The dealer is trying to rip you off my friend. Rust protection for 750 dollars? Not worth it in my opinion. You'll be fine, just clean the jeep and take care of it because that's an investment of your hard earned money!
__________________
Always Faithful
fallenbird is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-30-2013, 09:51 AM   #1498
Photographer and Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
Argent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,496
Images: 1
Send a message via AIM to Argent Send a message via Yahoo to Argent
Finally got the chance to test drive my friends 6 speed JK...totally sold on it....now to play the waiting game on the new colors
Argent is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-30-2013, 10:04 AM   #1499
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
victor1955's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Arlington Texas
Posts: 738
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGINE66 View Post

Negative...you have a "10A" and imitation is the ultimate compliment. Jeep can clone away...and we knew many features of the 10A were pre-cursers to future Wranglers. The 10A will be always be a special run no matter what IMO. As for the 14' model changes, I'll bet the substantial upgrades are resereved for the next gen...tranny choices, HID headlights, lightweight skin & engineering, raked windshield, etc. While many of us want this or that, there are engineers and executives sweating it out with CAFE standards and have to engineer & produce a product lineup that is in sync with industry standards. So, while the next gen Wrangler may have some undersireable engineering and designs cues to the fringes, the masses will be teased with features already found in other models. Either way, it's a win for many of us...we have the current gen and can keep it or buy the next gen if it has what we want. I think diesel is a possibility, but I won't bet on it based on a simple cost/benefit analysis. When I had my CJ7, Jeepers were up in arms over square headlights being introduced. There was a call for boycotting Jeep, but the reality is, we don't make the decisions.
Well said!!! :-)
__________________
My DD: 2014 Hydro Blue Polar JK, , auto, dual tops and loaded

Wife's DD: 2013 Rock Lobster Red Sahara JKU, leather, auto, hard top and loaded
victor1955 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-30-2013, 10:09 AM   #1500
Jeeper
 
Blue Heron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by positrak View Post
what puzzles me about this all is that there are still 10A's available on the lots out there. What's the point of introducing a duplicate of it, if the original can't sold out (yet)? In order to sell a duplicate, it will have to be cheaper, if it is cheaper it will have to remove some of the original items. Just removing the 10A reference which is nothing more than a sticker on the side, a cheap plastic insert on the grab handle, and embroidery in the leather seats, what corners will be cut further to make it more afforadable in order to move them?
There is quite a bit more than a sticker and seat embroidery that make a 10A.

Blue Heron is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:46 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC