2014 Wrangler Information Thread - Page 63 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 07-08-2013, 10:26 PM   #1861
Build Thread Queen

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
StarBrite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 9,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sucker Punch View Post
What are the doc fees anyway? And congrats on your order!
From Edmunds.com:


Doc fees:
In states where doc fees are not regulated by the government a dealership will often sell a car at a very attractive price but then hit the buyer with a $399 doc fee when the contract is drawn up. If you refer to our chart, and see that doc fees are not capped in your state, you should find out early on in the buying process what the dealership charges. If it is high — anything over $100 — you will need to negotiate more aggressively to offset this price.

http://www.edmunds.com/car-buying/wh...d-you-pay.html

StarBrite is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-08-2013, 10:37 PM   #1862
Jeeper
 
Sucker Punch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 1,917
Thanks bud!

Sucker Punch is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-08-2013, 10:39 PM   #1863
Jeeper
 
Cee_Rozay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Hell Paso, Tx
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sucker Punch View Post
What are the doc fees anyway? And congrats on your order!
$75 administrative fee that applies with the affiliate rewards.
Cee_Rozay is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-09-2013, 08:25 AM   #1864
Jeeper
 
Sucker Punch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 1,917
Maybe I am losing my mind looking at this thread and waiting for granite, but now I am looking into ordering a rubicon instead of the sport and have a few questions. Why is the connectivity group not shown as an option? Is it included in the price or just missing on the price list?
Sucker Punch is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-09-2013, 08:29 AM   #1865
Jeeper
 
Rubiwho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sucker Punch View Post
Maybe I am losing my mind looking at this thread and waiting for granite, but now I am looking into ordering a rubicon instead of the sport and have a few questions. Why is the connectivity group not shown as an option? Is it included in the price or just missing on the price list?
It's missing, I paid for it.
__________________
Check out my build thread...
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f118/ru...ld-310945.html
Rubiwho is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-09-2013, 08:53 AM   #1866
Jeeper
 
cueball13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 273
Yay! Got my email today from jeep that I have moved to D1 status! Can't wait. Now to get everything set up for the ridiculous pen fed loan rate of 1.74%.
cueball13 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-09-2013, 09:04 AM   #1867
Jeeper
 
Rubiwho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sucker Punch View Post
Maybe I am losing my mind looking at this thread and waiting for granite, but now I am looking into ordering a rubicon instead of the sport and have a few questions. Why is the connectivity group not shown as an option? Is it included in the price or just missing on the price list?
One more thing, the Alpine premium sound I think is standard with the Rubicon, even with the 130. Can anyone confirm this? I know it's an added feature for the sport. I pretty sure premium sound is just the amp and sub.... Right?
__________________
Check out my build thread...
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f118/ru...ld-310945.html
Rubiwho is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-09-2013, 09:28 AM   #1868
yeah,,,, im that good

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
panthermark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago-land
Posts: 9,875
Images: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubiwho View Post
One more thing, the Alpine premium sound I think is standard with the Rubicon, even with the 130. Can anyone confirm this? I know it's an added feature for the sport. I pretty sure premium sound is just the amp and sub.... Right?

Alpine premium system is standard on the Sahara and Rubi. All vehicles come with the base 130. Yes, the premium upgrade is an amp, sub, and speakers.
__________________
2013 Sahara Unlimited
Billet - Auto - 3.73 - Connectivity - Painted Hardtop - LSD - Remote Start - Saddle Leather - Side Airbags

I may mall crawl...but I look good doing it.....
panthermark is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-09-2013, 09:35 AM   #1869
Jeeper
 
BostonStrong77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 449
Is the Alpine upgrade worth it, or would an after market system be a better choice?
BostonStrong77 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-09-2013, 09:43 AM   #1870
Jeeper
 
thinkxingu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NH
Posts: 1,024
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonStrong77 View Post
Is the Alpine upgrade worth it, or would an after market system be a better choice?
This is a can-of-worms question that might be worth searching and reading up on, but my take: I have the premium system in my 2010 and, to me, it sounds great with top down and up- the bass is good enough and I can hear all my music clearly. I used to plan, sell, and install mobile audio systems, so I'm pretty picky.

Can you buy and install a better sounding aftermarket system? Absolutely. Will that system cost more in the long run, take time away from driving your Jeep, *probably* take more space (sub), and definitely not be rolled into one payment and warranted? Yes.
__________________
"I have a great ambition to die of exhaustion rather than boredom."
thinkxingu is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-09-2013, 09:51 AM   #1871
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 44
I'm not the only one who is holding out on pre ordering until colors are confirmed right?

It's a big purchase and I won't make it unless I have the option of a color that turns me on, and so far I am kind of underwhelmed by the few options that are being speculated.

Am I the only one in this boat?
3yearDream is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-09-2013, 09:54 AM   #1872
Photographer and Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
Argent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,682
Images: 1
Send a message via AIM to Argent Send a message via Yahoo to Argent
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3yearDream View Post
I'm not the only one who is holding out on pre ordering until colors are confirmed right?

It's a big purchase and I won't make it unless I have the option of a color that turns me on, and so far I am kind of underwhelmed by the few options that are being speculated.

Am I the only one in this boat?
nope - I'm waiting as well - for both the colors to be officially shown and for the black wheel/tire package to be available
Argent is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-09-2013, 10:02 AM   #1873
Jeeper
 
13rian's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Posts: 669
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3yearDream View Post
I'm not the only one who is holding out on pre ordering until colors are confirmed right?

It's a big purchase and I won't make it unless I have the option of a color that turns me on, and so far I am kind of underwhelmed by the few options that are being speculated.

Am I the only one in this boat?
Your certainly not alone. Waiting to see Amp'd in person. Even though i've seen Granite Crystal & Copperhead on other vehicles, maybe seeing them on an actual jeep might persuade me one way or the other as well
13rian is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-09-2013, 10:02 AM   #1874
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
ElectricJay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Orange County CA.
Posts: 1,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonStrong77 View Post
Is the Alpine upgrade worth it, or would an after market system be a better choice?
Agreed.. can of worms question. For every person that loves the Alpine Upgrade, there is someone that hates it. (I must admit, some of you have a better ear for sound than others)
__________________
Jay
D Gertie 2012 JKU 3:73 LSD Black Forest Green
ElectricJay is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-09-2013, 10:06 AM   #1875
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
ElectricJay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Orange County CA.
Posts: 1,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13rian View Post
Your certainly not alone. Waiting to see Amp'd in person. Even though i've seen Granite Crystal & Copperhead on other vehicles, maybe seeing them on an actual jeep might persuade me one way or the other as well
I am always amazed how some colors will look great on one vehicle and so so on another.
__________________
Jay
D Gertie 2012 JKU 3:73 LSD Black Forest Green
ElectricJay is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-09-2013, 10:17 AM   #1876
Jeeper
 
BostonStrong77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricJay View Post
Agreed.. can of worms question. For every person that loves the Alpine Upgrade, there is someone that hates it. (I must admit, some of you have a better ear for sound than others)
Hopefully people don't get all crazy from my question. I've test driven a few Wranglers, but none had the premium system so I couldn't make a comparison. I'm not looking for jaw dropping sound, just something good enough to hear with the top down. I noticed the base system had to be cranked up to almost max to hear with the freedom panels off. And then it sounded bad. I like the idea of it being covered under warranty. Don't plan on having the top on very much!
BostonStrong77 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-09-2013, 10:45 AM   #1877
Newb
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Northern CA
Posts: 10
Something to consider. Thieves love aftermarket systems. How often do you hear about a factory installed system getting ripped off?
BusManRG is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-09-2013, 10:54 AM   #1878
Build Thread Queen

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
StarBrite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 9,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonStrong77 View Post
Hopefully people don't get all crazy from my question. I've test driven a few Wranglers, but none had the premium system so I couldn't make a comparison. I'm not looking for jaw dropping sound, just something good enough to hear with the top down. I noticed the base system had to be cranked up to almost max to hear with the freedom panels off. And then it sounded bad. I like the idea of it being covered under warranty. Don't plan on having the top on very much!
One other consideration: How committed are you to spending the time/money on sound? Will you order with the 130 to have SOME kind of system, then get into analysis/paralysis mode weighing all the options and not making a final decision? There's always that new release in just a couple of weeks that's got that one additional feature that sounds really awesome, so I'll just wait to check that one out first kind of deal... when all along you may have been just as happy with the stock premium set, warranted and enjoyed from day one.

Not meant as a slam, Boston, just playing devil's advocate.
StarBrite is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-09-2013, 11:01 AM   #1879
Jeeper
 
BostonStrong77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 449
No worries Star! I'm not a huge sound system guy and not getting all the bells and whistles, but I do want to be able to hear the music. Already getting the 130N, just wondering if the Alpine is worth the upgrade.
BostonStrong77 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-09-2013, 11:09 AM   #1880
Jeeper
 
donmeca2020's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Hollywood, florida
Posts: 2,775
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonStrong77 View Post
No worries Star! I'm not a huge sound system guy and not getting all the bells and whistles, but I do want to be able to hear the music. Already getting the 130N, just wondering if the Alpine is worth the upgrade.
From what i read throughout this forum about the Alpine it's 50/50 half the people say it sucks and its not worth it. the other half say its excellent...

I'm curious as to how the stock system sounds with the 130n headunit. im sure average.
__________________
2014 Copperhead Pearl Wrangler Unlimited Sport

" Revenge is never about the greater good. Itís a visceral need that has to be satisfied or the strong lose focus. "
donmeca2020 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-09-2013, 11:11 AM   #1881
Jeeper
 
BostonStrong77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by donmeca2020 View Post

From what i read throughout this forum about the Alpine it's 50/50 half the people say it sucks and its not worth it. the other half say its excellent...

I'm curious as to how the stock system sounds with the 130n headunit. im sure average.
Like I said, I took a Wrangler for a day long test drive and when we took the freedom panels off, we had to crank the volume up just to hear it!
BostonStrong77 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-09-2013, 11:19 AM   #1882
Sponsoring Vendor
 
pat@fieldsauto.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Glenview
Posts: 3,182
Allocation opens today. As of right now, no new colors have opened, no wheel/tire package on Sports and nothing on Rubicon X.
__________________
Patrick O'Donnell(Pat@Fieldsauto.com)
Fields Chrysler Jeep Dodge │ 2800 Patriot Blvd│ Glenview, IL 60026
847-446-5100 main│ 847-881-8313 direct
pat@fieldsauto.comFieldsChryslerJeepDodge.com
Have Questions About A New Jeep Purchase? CLICK HERE
pat@fieldsauto.com is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-09-2013, 11:19 AM   #1883
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 291
What's a freedom panel?

Charles.
ChopperCharles is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-09-2013, 11:25 AM   #1884
Jeeper
 
BostonStrong77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperCharles View Post
What's a freedom panel?

Charles.
The two front sections of the hard top.
BostonStrong77 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-09-2013, 11:32 AM   #1885
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Mount Pleasant, SC
Posts: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by pat@fieldsauto.com View Post
Allocation opens today. As of right now, no new colors have opened, no wheel/tire package on Sports and nothing on Rubicon X.
How do the allocation windows affect sold orders? I ordered last week and have a VON, but nothing in VOTS yet. Now that the allocation window is open, can I expect to see something in VOTS soon?
raizyr is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-09-2013, 11:34 AM   #1886
Jeeper
 
BostonStrong77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 449
Any idea on how long the allocation will be open?
BostonStrong77 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-09-2013, 11:43 AM   #1887
Jeeper
 
Rubiwho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 290
Allocations have no effect on sold orders.
__________________
Check out my build thread...
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f118/ru...ld-310945.html
Rubiwho is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-09-2013, 11:53 AM   #1888
Build Thread Queen

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
StarBrite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 9,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by donmeca2020 View Post
From what i read throughout this forum about the Alpine it's 50/50 half the people say it sucks and its not worth it. the other half say its excellent...

I'm curious as to how the stock system sounds with the 130n headunit. im sure average.
We have the 130 in our 2013 JKU and it sounds fine. No earth shattering bass or anything like that, but plenty to enjoy and sing along with.

We do have to turn it up loud to hear with the panels or top off, but it wasn't painfully distorted. But I've never experienced the 430, so I can't make any comparisons.
StarBrite is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-09-2013, 11:54 AM   #1889
Build Thread Queen

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
StarBrite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 9,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonStrong77 View Post
Like I said, I took a Wrangler for a day long test drive and when we took the freedom panels off, we had to crank the volume up just to hear it!
One other factor to add in to making this even harder to decide... LOL

If you run topless and have a spiderweb shade, it does help cut down on the wind noise, so the stock systems may be a little more bearable.
StarBrite is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-09-2013, 11:55 AM   #1890
Jeeper
 
USAFosprey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonStrong77 View Post
Any idea on how long the allocation will be open?
I'm have same question. And if the colors I'm waiting for haven't been released by time it "closes?", do I have to wait for the next allocation? I assume all this means the longer I wait, it exponentially means waiting longer?

__________________
2014 Anvil JKUR

2009 JK "X" - Yellow
SOLD
USAFosprey is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:56 AM.



Jeepģ, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC