2014 Wrangler Information Thread - Page 64 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 07-09-2013, 10:55 AM   #1891
Jeeper
 
Sucker Punch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 1,765
Quote:
Allocation opens today. As of right now, no new colors have opened, no wheel/tire package on Sports and nothing on Rubicon X
Crud. I'm about to give up on the granite

Sucker Punch is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-09-2013, 11:03 AM   #1892
Build Thread Queen

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
StarBrite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 7,299
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFosprey View Post
I'm have same question. And if the colors I'm waiting for haven't been released by time it "closes?", do I have to wait for the next allocation? I assume all this means the longer I wait, it exponentially means waiting longer?
I was wondering the same thing... I read last year with billet they were able to place orders in August but they didn't deliver until October. I'm not sure what the exact allocation dates were, but the one in particular that I saw was 2.5 months from order to delivered.

StarBrite is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-09-2013, 11:11 AM   #1893
Newb
 
ja1ck95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1
Does anyone know what might be included in the Warn trail kit? I'm guessing a winch and mounting kit, but anything else?
ja1ck95 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-09-2013, 11:16 AM   #1894
Build Thread Queen

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
StarBrite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 7,299
Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1ck95 View Post
Does anyone know what might be included in the Warn trail kit? I'm guessing a winch and mounting kit, but anything else?
Since it says its a late allocation mod, they probably haven't released the final details on what it comes with. It's all guessing until its actually available it seems. I'm sure Pat will update the first post in the thread as soon as that information becomes available.

Sorry it wasn't better news...
StarBrite is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-09-2013, 12:22 PM   #1895
Sponsoring Vendor
 
pat@fieldsauto.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Glenview
Posts: 3,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonStrong77 View Post
Any idea on how long the allocation will be open?
Allocation officially opens tomorrow according to our calendar. It will close on the 16th.

If any of the colors, wheel packages or special editions become available today or tomorrow I will let you all know.


If the colors don't open this week, then they most likely won't open until August or later.


Sold orders can be placed anytime. It does not have to be during the allocation period. Mainly I talk about allocation because that's when we as dealers will find out if there is anything new and new information is released.

I'm thinking I won't know about anything new until tomorrow morning at the earliest.
__________________
Patrick O'Donnell(Pat@Fieldsauto.com)
Fields Chrysler Jeep Dodge │ 2800 Patriot Blvd│ Glenview, IL 60026
847-446-5100 main│ 847-881-8313 direct
pat@fieldsauto.comFieldsChryslerJeepDodge.com
Have Questions About A New Jeep Purchase? CLICK HERE
pat@fieldsauto.com is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-09-2013, 12:58 PM   #1896
The Infamous One

WF Supporting Member
 
donmeca2020's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Hollywood, florida
Posts: 2,601
wow.... this is one long wait for 3 colors.
__________________
2014 Copperhead Pearl Wrangler Unlimited Sport

" Revenge is never about the greater good. Itís a visceral need that has to be satisfied or the strong lose focus. "
donmeca2020 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-09-2013, 01:06 PM   #1897
Jeeper
 
MotorCityJK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Posts: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by BusManRG View Post
Something to consider. Thieves love aftermarket systems. How often do you hear about a factory installed system getting ripped off?
CONSTANTLY! Until Chrysler made some changes recently the NAV head units were a hot commodity around here. My '08 300C had the head unit swiped twice. 3 weeks after I got the first repairs done they took it again. Dealer had 5 vehicles in at any one time getting them replaced.
__________________
2014 Anvil/Black JKUR - the Ellie-phant
auto/4.10s/max tow/730N/heated seats/connectivity/Prem soft top/remote start
Gone but not forgotten:
2010 Mango Tango JKUR - Big 'O/Molly
2008 Jeep Green JKUS
MotorCityJK is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-09-2013, 01:46 PM   #1898
Overlander

WF Supporting Member
 
Milkman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Corning, NY
Posts: 445
Thanks Pat for the update.

I was able to pick up a 2013 JKU Premium Soft Top brand new still in the boxes and wrapper for $500 off of Craigslist last night (4 hr drive roundtrip). I now have a soft top for a Jeep I don't own laying in my dining room.

My wait is over, I know I'm going aftermarket wheels/tires anyway so I will look for a set during my wait to build.

Email shot out to my dealers I've spoken with, first one to do the 2% under invoice and my trade in wins

JKU 24S
Anvil
Hardtop
Max Tow
Anti-Spin
Connectivity Group
__________________
2014 Anvil JKU Sport
Dinoot Compact RTT Trailer
Milkman is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-09-2013, 02:01 PM   #1899
Jeeper
 
Fillmore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milous View Post
2013 build-out is July 19th. The 2014 models are set to launch on the 22nd. Some 2014s could be built ahead of launch (common to do), for line testing purposes etc.
Milous,
Could you clear up the 2014 production date start contradictions. The official production start date is supposed to be July 22nd. However, a number of us who have ordered have gotten information from IAMJEEP that production has already begun with delivery dates in early august. Has 2014 production actually begun or do the IAMJEEP reps have incorrect information.
Fillmore is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-09-2013, 02:03 PM   #1900
Newb
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Sw Washington
Posts: 6
Ordered and Scheduled

Just for info, ordered a Wrangler S up here in the PNW on 7/1/13 and received an eM from Jeep early on 7/4 with a VIN number. Now able to log into VOTS, but while it says scheduled for production, there's no date given. Wondering how long it might be for that to happen. I was told 8 - 12 weeks ARO
RadioJeep is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-09-2013, 02:11 PM   #1901
Jeeper
 
DC Dennis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorCityJK View Post
CONSTANTLY! Until Chrysler made some changes recently the NAV head units were a hot commodity around here. My '08 300C had the head unit swiped twice. 3 weeks after I got the first repairs done they took it again. Dealer had 5 vehicles in at any one time getting them replaced.
Yeah, but you live in Detroit, they will steal a 30 year old Sears Boom box there.
I am surprised that the factory systems are being stolen with their anti theft codes and such. I would figure they are very hard to fence, unless the dealers are buying them to reinstall.
DC Dennis is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-09-2013, 02:26 PM   #1902
Jeeper
 
MotorCityJK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Posts: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC Dennis View Post
Yeah, but you live in Detroit, they will steal a 30 year old Sears Boom box there.
I am surprised that the factory systems are being stolen with their anti theft codes and such. I would figure they are very hard to fence, unless the dealers are buying them to reinstall.
Bingo. Most dealers buy refurb'd units for installation. Vicous circle. There was a story about a guy's minivan getting hit and the replacement unit had the CD he had in his original one in it (don't know if I believe that one). On my second hit the first head unit that came in had the antenna port superglued shut and they had to order another one.
__________________
2014 Anvil/Black JKUR - the Ellie-phant
auto/4.10s/max tow/730N/heated seats/connectivity/Prem soft top/remote start
Gone but not forgotten:
2010 Mango Tango JKUR - Big 'O/Molly
2008 Jeep Green JKUS
MotorCityJK is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-09-2013, 02:54 PM   #1903
Jeeper
 
Fishfinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: MA
Posts: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sucker Punch View Post
.. Why is the connectivity group not shown as an option? Is it included in the price or just missing on the price list?
I'd appreciate learning about this as well. I don't see it in 2014_Wrangler_Standard_Equipment.pdf from post 1, and don't see Connectivity Group as an option anywhere. How can I ensure my order includes it, and if (and how much) the dealer should be charging me for it?

Also, does anyone know what invoice is for Premium Sound and Leather by Mopar on a Rubicon?

thanks!
Bill
Fishfinder is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-09-2013, 03:04 PM   #1904
Jeeper
 
MotorCityJK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Posts: 576
Connectivity (on a Rubicon anyway) is sales code AAJ. $495($441)
__________________
2014 Anvil/Black JKUR - the Ellie-phant
auto/4.10s/max tow/730N/heated seats/connectivity/Prem soft top/remote start
Gone but not forgotten:
2010 Mango Tango JKUR - Big 'O/Molly
2008 Jeep Green JKUS
MotorCityJK is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-09-2013, 03:40 PM   #1905
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Rubiwho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 284
Finally got the literature from Jeep today that I requested,... hoping for the golden ticket inside for $500 off. No Dice, nice brochure though
Rubiwho is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-09-2013, 03:49 PM   #1906
Jeeper
 
The-Judge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 147
They put my name and a ID number on it . If it wasn't for that I'd send it to you
The-Judge is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-09-2013, 04:04 PM   #1907
Jeeper
 
DC Dennis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorCityJK View Post
Bingo. Most dealers buy refurb'd units for installation. Vicous circle. There was a story about a guy's minivan getting hit and the replacement unit had the CD he had in his original one in it (don't know if I believe that one). On my second hit the first head unit that came in had the antenna port superglued shut and they had to order another one.
We don't have to deal with that in most of the rest of the country, thankfully.
DC Dennis is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-09-2013, 04:16 PM   #1908
Jeeper
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
Milous,
Could you clear up the 2014 production date start contradictions. The official production start date is supposed to be July 22nd. However, a number of us who have ordered have gotten information from IAMJEEP that production has already begun with delivery dates in early august. Has 2014 production actually begun or do the IAMJEEP reps have incorrect information.
As we speak, not one single 2014 retail model Wrangler has been built yet. ZERO.
Milous is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-09-2013, 05:26 PM   #1909
Jeeper
 
Fishfinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: MA
Posts: 76
Uconnect 430 free?

I just got a competitive (below-invoice) quote from a dealer for a 2014 Rubicon Unlimited, for which I had specified Uconnect 130, and he says that Uconnect 430 comes free with the package. I was all set with the 130, though free isn't bad. Did something recently change regarding which Uconnect is standard for Rubicon Unlimiteds in 2014?
thanks,
Bill
Fishfinder is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-09-2013, 06:05 PM   #1910
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishfinder View Post
I just got a competitive (below-invoice) quote from a dealer for a 2014 Rubicon Unlimited, for which I had specified Uconnect 130, and he says that Uconnect 430 comes free with the package. I was all set with the 130, though free isn't bad. Did something recently change regarding which Uconnect is standard for Rubicon Unlimiteds in 2014?
thanks,
Bill
Seeing as we already ordered ours, that would be VERY cool. Does make some sense though. Why would they let you order a non navigation 430 for the Sport and not the others?

"New available Uconnect 430 Touch Screen 6.5" (RBZ-Radio) -$695 on Sport Models." (from page 1)
BXCc is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-09-2013, 06:13 PM   #1911
Jeeper
 
Layensid71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Orlando, Fl
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonStrong77 View Post
Is the Alpine upgrade worth it, or would an after market system be a better choice?
I have a rubicon with it, and last week had a jeep sport as a rental car and I noticed a big difference in the sound, could barley hear the sound with the top off
Layensid71 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-09-2013, 06:16 PM   #1912
Newb
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 12
I get these $500 coupons every three months. Got one yesterday. I didn't request brochures.
When one expires another comes in.
My only guess is that they want my lifetime warranty nixed on my 2009 rubi.
Wish I could transfer to someone here.
japjeep is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-09-2013, 08:37 PM   #1913
Jeeper
 
Allibaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Sheridan, WY
Posts: 107
Question about the $500 coupon:

Mine says, "Customer must take retail delivery by September 30th, 2013."

Does that mean that I actually have to receive the Jeep by 9/30, or can I place an order by 9/30 and still use the coupon?

I'm planning on ordering a Rubicon X and am pretty sure I will not get it before that date.
__________________
'13 JKU 10th Anniversary
Allibaster is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-09-2013, 08:41 PM   #1914
Jeeper
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allibaster View Post
Question about the $500 coupon:

Mine says, "Customer must take retail delivery by September 30th, 2013."

Does that mean that I actually have to receive the Jeep by 9/30, or can I place an order by 9/30 and still use the coupon?

I'm planning on ordering a Rubicon X and am pretty sure I will not get it before that date.
You must take Delivery.
blankster is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-09-2013, 09:09 PM   #1915
Jeeper
 
cueball13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allibaster View Post
Question about the $500 coupon:

Mine says, "Customer must take retail delivery by September 30th, 2013."

Does that mean that I actually have to receive the Jeep by 9/30, or can I place an order by 9/30 and still use the coupon?

I'm planning on ordering a Rubicon X and am pretty sure I will not get it before that date.
Where are you guys getting these $500 coupons?
cueball13 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-09-2013, 09:13 PM   #1916
Jeeper
 
Sucker Punch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 1,765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishfinder View Post
I just got a competitive (below-invoice) quote from a dealer for a 2014 Rubicon Unlimited, for which I had specified Uconnect 130, and he says that Uconnect 430 comes free with the package. I was all set with the 130, though free isn't bad. Did something recently change regarding which Uconnect is standard for Rubicon Unlimiteds in 2014?
thanks,
Bill
I hope you are right! I have just about changed my mind and I am thinking about ordering a rubicon instead of the sport. I was hoping the 430 rbz that is offered on the sports would be available on the rubicon. I wasn't liking the $975 for the 430 N option on the rubicon. That could save me a little dough if that is the case. Hope someone will chime in and let us know.
Sucker Punch is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-09-2013, 09:23 PM   #1917
Jeeper
 
BostonStrong77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by cueball13 View Post

Where are you guys getting these $500 coupons?
If you go to the Jeep website and request a brochure, some people get lucky enough to receive a $500 coupon. It's like a Golden Ticket to Willy Wonka's factory. Only some people get them!
BostonStrong77 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-09-2013, 10:43 PM   #1918
Newb
 
playless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Quad Cities, Il/IA
Posts: 6
As you can tell from my post count, I'm very green to the forums. I've been watching this thread and also talking to several area dealers, dealing with 2013 JKU Sports they have on the lots. I emailed one dealer yesterday, and asked him to price me the following JKU Sport:
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport - S Package
Automatic
Color: Anvil
Dual Top Group
Connectivity Group
U Connect 430 Touch Screen 6.5"
Premium EVIC
32 Inch Tires
3.73 Rear Axle (no max tow package)
Anti-Slip Rear Differential

His reply was: "I built one with the options you sent me and the freinds of family price is 31797."

This actually seems low to me, and this is the first time he's mentioned the "friend of family" price. No idea what that is or entails. I also have a Chrysler discount through my employer for 1% below MSRP, but I don't think he's factoring that into the price.

So, question to all the experience owners/dealers. Does this seem like an accurate pricing estimate?

Many Thanks - Cj
playless is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-09-2013, 11:05 PM   #1919
Jeeper
 
Tldwyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by playless View Post
As you can tell from my post count, I'm very green to the forums. I've been watching this thread and also talking to several area dealers, dealing with 2013 JKU Sports they have on the lots. I emailed one dealer yesterday, and asked him to price me the following JKU Sport:
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport - S Package
Automatic
Color: Anvil
Dual Top Group
Connectivity Group
U Connect 430 Touch Screen 6.5"
Premium EVIC
32 Inch Tires
3.73 Rear Axle (no max tow package)
Anti-Slip Rear Differential

His reply was: "I built one with the options you sent me and the freinds of family price is 31797."

This actually seems low to me, and this is the first time he's mentioned the "friend of family" price. No idea what that is or entails. I also have a Chrysler discount through my employer for 1% below MSRP, but I don't think he's factoring that into the price.

So, question to all the experience owners/dealers. Does this seem like an accurate pricing estimate?

Many Thanks - Cj
Sounds pretty good, I got mine for 1200 less minus the hard top, 430, plus max tow.
Tldwyer is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-09-2013, 11:27 PM   #1920
The Infamous One

WF Supporting Member
 
donmeca2020's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Hollywood, florida
Posts: 2,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonStrong77 View Post
If you go to the Jeep website and request a brochure, some people get lucky enough to receive a $500 coupon. It's like a Golden Ticket to Willy Wonka's factory. Only some people get them!
received a brouchure today... no F***ING coupon......

__________________
2014 Copperhead Pearl Wrangler Unlimited Sport

" Revenge is never about the greater good. Itís a visceral need that has to be satisfied or the strong lose focus. "
donmeca2020 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:36 AM.



Jeepģ, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC