2014 Wrangler Information Thread - Page 66 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 07-10-2013, 10:42 PM   #1951
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by donmeca2020 View Post
You're complaining about wheels, myself and many others are complaining about color availibility. i guess quite a few of us are having a
complaint-a-thon
I've given up on getting the color I want, I'll settle for red. I just need a new car soon, my S-10 is in the midst of death-throes. Transmission grinds and shakes a little more each passing day -- I think I've sheared a tooth off.

Charles.

ChopperCharles is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-10-2013, 10:47 PM   #1952
Jeeper
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 32
I'd hate to have to do it, but due to an unfortunate change in financial situation I may need to cancel my order placed on 6/24 (now scheduled for production with vin).

Can they do more than keep my deposit?

pants on head is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-11-2013, 12:43 AM   #1953
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 42
Hello Pat


Will you be able to post the prices for Canada? Your time and input is greatly appreciated...it is hard to obtain 2014 info here in Canuckville!
meeaspapa is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-11-2013, 06:45 AM   #1954
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Rubiwho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by pants on head View Post
I'd hate to have to do it, but due to an unfortunate change in financial situation I may need to cancel my order placed on 6/24 (now scheduled for production with vin).

Can they do more than keep my deposit?
Sorry to hear. I don't think so, if you try hard enough they may not even take you deposit. If your able, tell them you want to defer your option to buy now. Or order one for less money. My dealer said I could swap for one off the lot if it came in before my ordered one. So this means there is nothing tying you to that VIN. The dealer may not like it if they can't sell it. Chrysler gives dealer allocations, and in the past I think dealers have put "sold" orders in with out having actually sold them yet, basically to have more on their lot. Chrysler is not a fan of that.
__________________
Check out my build thread...
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f118/ru...ld-310945.html
Rubiwho is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-11-2013, 07:26 AM   #1955
Jeeper
 
BostonStrong77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 406
Pants- sorry to hear that. Try talking to your salesman and explain the situation. Maybe drop hints that you really want to keep it and might be back to them if they treat you right. If its a color they would normally stock without any crazy options, they may give you the money back.
BostonStrong77 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-11-2013, 09:02 AM   #1956
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 23
I'm waiting on a color release also, but trying to figure out what I will order when the rest of the colors come out...Does anyone know if the Moab package will be available this year? Also, what are the details on the "X"? Is it a Rubicon with even more off road options? or is it geared more toward on road? Thanks.
Tspur is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-11-2013, 09:17 AM   #1957
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
Duckquackers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,362
Tspur, the MOAB is not back only the Freedom and a new one called Rubi X.
__________________
Truth, Honesty, and Courage means tell the truth do what's right and achieve what needs to be done. Rock to rock puddle to puddle.
Tread Lightly Member
Duckquackers is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-11-2013, 09:17 AM   #1958
Jeeper
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,033
Quote:
Originally Posted by pants on head View Post

Can they do more than keep my deposit?
I doubt it, in fact I never heard of it. Ask for your deposit back, hopefully you left the deposit on a credit card. If they don't give it back contact your credit card company and inform them. Let them get it back for you.
demarpaint is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-11-2013, 09:21 AM   #1959
Jeeper
 
MotorCityJK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Posts: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by demarpaint View Post
I doubt it, in fact I never heard of it. Ask for your deposit back, hopefully you left the deposit on a credit card. If they don't give it back contact your credit card company and inform them. Let them get it back for you.
That's the point of a deposit on a sold order. If you back out (and they're stuck with something that won't sell on their lot) you lose your deposit. When our friends ordered their '13 Rubicon they got softtop only, 130N, etc. Just the necessary stuff. This particular lot is in an area that sells mostly Saharas to soccer moms so they had to put a deposit down.

As long as they can still move the vehicle though you shouldn't have a problem getting it back.
__________________
2014 Anvil/Black JKUR - the Ellie-phant
auto/4.10s/max tow/730N/heated seats/connectivity/Prem soft top/remote start
Gone but not forgotten:
2010 Mango Tango JKUR - Big 'O/Molly
2008 Jeep Green JKUS
MotorCityJK is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-11-2013, 09:28 AM   #1960
Jeeper
 
BostonStrong77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorCityJK View Post

As long as they can still move the vehicle though you shouldn't have a problem getting it back.
That's the kicker. If the Jeep you ordered can still be sold, they should give you the deposit back. Unless you ordered it with a crazy amount of options or some odd configuration, you should be ok.
BostonStrong77 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-11-2013, 09:49 AM   #1961
Jeeper
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,033
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonStrong77 View Post
That's the kicker. If the Jeep you ordered can still be sold, they should give you the deposit back. Unless you ordered it with a crazy amount of options or some odd configuration, you should be ok.
They sell like hotcakes, there should no problem selling it to someone else. If the contract says non-refundable deposit, then he'd probably be SOL, but I'd still fight for my deposit. As far as losing more than his deposit, they'd have to sue him for a loss on the anticipated profit. I think that would get laughed right out of the courtroom.

I leave the smallest possible deposit I can when buying or ordering a new vehicle. The bigger the deposit the harder you're going to have to fight to get it back in the event you have to back out of the deal.
demarpaint is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-11-2013, 09:56 AM   #1962
Jeeper
 
USAFosprey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 22
I know we are "what if'ing" this to death, but I have another question. My wife and I really want Amp'd, but this is one of our primary vehicles: we can't wait too much longer. If we order now (Anvil), and weeks from now Amp'd is released, can we swap our order to a later Amp'd version? I guess it would be a very similar situation as the deposit scenario above... If the dealer can sell my original Anvil setup when it arrives? I will ask my dealer tomorrow when I HOPEFULLY place my Amp'd order ;-)

And Rubicon X was described on the very first post of this thread...
__________________
2014 Anvil JKUR

2009 JK "X" - Yellow
SOLD
USAFosprey is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-11-2013, 09:59 AM   #1963
The Infamous One

WF Supporting Member
 
donmeca2020's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Hollywood, florida
Posts: 2,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFosprey View Post
I know we are "what if'ing" this to death, but I have another question. My wife and I really want Amp'd, but this is one of our primary vehicles: we can't wait too much longer. If we order now (Anvil), and weeks from now Amp'd is released, can we swap our order to a later Amp'd version? I guess it would be a very similar situation as the deposit scenario above... If the dealer can sell my original Anvil setup when it arrives? I will ask my dealer tomorrow when I HOPEFULLY place my Amp'd order ;-)

And Rubicon X was described on the very first post of this thread...
that actually a good question. i'd like to know this as well
__________________
2014 Copperhead Pearl Wrangler Unlimited Sport

" Revenge is never about the greater good. Itís a visceral need that has to be satisfied or the strong lose focus. "
donmeca2020 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-11-2013, 10:06 AM   #1964
Jeeper
 
MotorCityJK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Posts: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFosprey View Post
I know we are "what if'ing" this to death, but I have another question. My wife and I really want Amp'd, but this is one of our primary vehicles: we can't wait too much longer. If we order now (Anvil), and weeks from now Amp'd is released, can we swap our order to a later Amp'd version? I guess it would be a very similar situation as the deposit scenario above... If the dealer can sell my original Anvil setup when it arrives? I will ask my dealer tomorrow when I HOPEFULLY place my Amp'd order ;-)

And Rubicon X was described on the very first post of this thread...
If you can wait the extra weeks for the second one to come in if released later can't you wait the few weeks anyway?
__________________
2014 Anvil/Black JKUR - the Ellie-phant
auto/4.10s/max tow/730N/heated seats/connectivity/Prem soft top/remote start
Gone but not forgotten:
2010 Mango Tango JKUR - Big 'O/Molly
2008 Jeep Green JKUS
MotorCityJK is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-11-2013, 10:13 AM   #1965
Sponsoring Vendor
 
pat@fieldsauto.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Glenview
Posts: 3,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNDZA222 View Post
Funny I'm having the EXACT same issue and it seems like I probably won't be getting my Jeep unfortunately due to it. Sucks since I made an awesome list of mods I wanted to do immediately.
And they didn't even give me a guaranteed minimum....just more uncertainty. They said my value of my trade in would drop about 2500 dollars in the next two months with the 4800 miles I'll add. When I asked if that's it, he said maybe but it could be more. I appreciate all the information that Pat has given us here, but I really expected Field's to be more understanding with the trade in situation at least a little bit.

Feel free call or email me... I'd like explain our side to you. And that's not something I can do on the forum. It does no good for me to try to post in general terms here. You are posting one side of the story, and it's really unfair to me.
__________________
Patrick O'Donnell(Pat@Fieldsauto.com)
Fields Chrysler Jeep Dodge │ 670 W Frontage Rd │ Northfield, IL 60093
847-446-5100 main│ 847-881-8313 direct
pat@fieldsauto.comFieldsChryslerJeepDodge.com
Have Questions About A New Jeep Purchase? CLICK HERE
pat@fieldsauto.com is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-11-2013, 10:28 AM   #1966
Jeeper
 
Sucker Punch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 1,599
Quote:
Originally Posted by pat@fieldsauto.com View Post
Feel free call or email me... I'd like explain our side to you. And that's not something I can do on the forum. It does no good for me to try to post in general terms here. You are posting one side of the story, and it's really unfair to me.
+1, Call Pat and take care of it. Don't wine about how unfair the trade in value you think is. If you have a problem then go to another dealer. I don't know Pat personally nor have I ordered anything from Pat as I am a good distance away, but from all the info and help he provides to this forum and the discount he gives to forum members there is no sense in bashing them over your trade. And if you ask me, 4800 miles in 2 months is a considerable bit of wear and tear compared to it's current trade in value condition. Just my 2 cents
Sucker Punch is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-11-2013, 10:30 AM   #1967
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
Duckquackers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,362
I concur, private matters should stay in private.

Keep this thread going with information don't lock it up because of grief between forum members.
__________________
Truth, Honesty, and Courage means tell the truth do what's right and achieve what needs to be done. Rock to rock puddle to puddle.
Tread Lightly Member
Duckquackers is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-11-2013, 10:45 AM   #1968
Jeeper
 
TranquilTurtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeaspapa View Post
Hello Pat

Will you be able to post the prices for Canada? Your time and input is greatly appreciated...it is hard to obtain 2014 info here in Canuckville!
I'm at a dealer up here in canuckville private message me for the details you would like I will also try to forward some info to pat here soon regarding the Canadian ordering details
TranquilTurtle is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-11-2013, 12:09 PM   #1969
Sponsoring Vendor
 
pat@fieldsauto.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Glenview
Posts: 3,121
I posted in the confirmed color thread, there will be no new colors this month. We will have to see what August brings.
__________________
Patrick O'Donnell(Pat@Fieldsauto.com)
Fields Chrysler Jeep Dodge │ 670 W Frontage Rd │ Northfield, IL 60093
847-446-5100 main│ 847-881-8313 direct
pat@fieldsauto.comFieldsChryslerJeepDodge.com
Have Questions About A New Jeep Purchase? CLICK HERE
pat@fieldsauto.com is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-11-2013, 01:22 PM   #1970
Jeeper
 
Sucker Punch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 1,599
Thanks Pat! I know there are no guarantees about the colors, but when you say copperhead and granite will be available "Fall 2013" is that a guarantee some time between now and November? If not a 100% guarantee this Fall, are we talking 70, 80, or 90% sure this Fall?
Sucker Punch is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-11-2013, 01:26 PM   #1971
Jeeper
 
BostonStrong77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 406
I think Pat's post kinda says it all. According to my dealer, no information is being given about new releases of color, packages, etc. Jeep is keeping their cards close to their vest. It's not just frustrating to us, but to the dealers as well.
BostonStrong77 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-11-2013, 01:34 PM   #1972
Jeeper
 
Sucker Punch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 1,599
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonStrong77 View Post
I think Pat's post kinda says it all. According to my dealer, no information is being given about new releases of color, packages, etc. Jeep is keeping their cards close to their vest. It's not just frustrating to us, but to the dealers as well.

No I agree, but he had to have some kind of inside knowledge to post that they would be available some time this Fall 2013. I am just curious how certain he is that they will be available this Fall and if Chrysler stated that those two colors would be available this Fall. I'm not looking for a date of when they are available. I just wanted to know the certainty of them being available this Fall. That's all.
Sucker Punch is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-11-2013, 02:19 PM   #1973
Jeeper
 
EZ St on MT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: CT
Posts: 169
I'm with Sucker Punch. just waiting on my Granite Rubi to be available to order.

Drooling over every JKU I see with the top off, at those with the top on.

I guess this that patience thing someone tried long ago to teach me. Didn't stick
EZ St on MT is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-11-2013, 02:30 PM   #1974
Jeeper
 
Sucker Punch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 1,599
Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ St on MT View Post
I'm with Sucker Punch. just waiting on my Granite Rubi to be available to order.

Drooling over every JKU I see with the top off, at those with the top on.

I guess this that patience thing someone tried long ago to teach me. Didn't stick

^^ THIS! haha. I even do this to the ones that have the doors on
Sucker Punch is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-11-2013, 02:35 PM   #1975
Jeeper
 
EZ St on MT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: CT
Posts: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sucker Punch View Post
^^ THIS! haha. I even do this to the ones that have the doors on
Agreed!! Gotta strip down to get down.

ready for some topless mud wrestling and rock climbing.
EZ St on MT is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-11-2013, 02:41 PM   #1976
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 68
I'm hoping that the X will come in white. Otherwise, I'm just about ready to pull the trigger. I just need to find a dealer north of Dallas in Denton/Collin county that will work with me.

Pat, Milous, anyone else that can answer this. When I order the Jeep, can you request that some stickers be left off, like the Rubicon sticker on the hood? I'm not a fan of the red in the 10A/X version. I'd rather just leave it off completely, otherwise I'll do the work to remove it myself.
ktulu is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-11-2013, 02:42 PM   #1977
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sucker Punch View Post
^^ THIS! haha. I even do this to the ones that have the doors on
The only reason my TJ is topless/doorless is the A/C. If it would cool things down quicker, I'd be running top and doors on! Too dang hot right now!
ktulu is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-11-2013, 02:48 PM   #1978
Photographer and Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
Argent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,106
Images: 1
Send a message via AIM to Argent Send a message via Yahoo to Argent
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktulu View Post
I'm hoping that the X will come in white. Otherwise, I'm just about ready to pull the trigger. I just need to find a dealer north of Dallas in Denton/Collin county that will work with me.

Pat, Milous, anyone else that can answer this. When I order the Jeep, can you request that some stickers be left off, like the Rubicon sticker on the hood? I'm not a fan of the red in the 10A/X version. I'd rather just leave it off completely, otherwise I'll do the work to remove it myself.
Yeah that's a good question because I could do without the Freedom Edition stars
Argent is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-11-2013, 02:48 PM   #1979
Jeeper
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sucker Punch View Post
No I agree, but he had to have some kind of inside knowledge to post that they would be available some time this Fall 2013. I am just curious how certain he is that they will be available this Fall and if Chrysler stated that those two colors would be available this Fall. I'm not looking for a date of when they are available. I just wanted to know the certainty of them being available this Fall. That's all.
Chrysler is set to officially announce the new 2014 Wrangler (and many other models) on the 1st or 2nd of September (start of the new model year). All of the features, options and final specs will be released at that time. I currently have advance copies of these documents, and the new colors are clearly listed. Barring any last-minute changes (unlikely) you will see the new colors this fall, probably around September/October timeframe.
Milous is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-11-2013, 02:49 PM   #1980
Jeeper
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktulu View Post
Pat, Milous, anyone else that can answer this. When I order the Jeep, can you request that some stickers be left off, like the Rubicon sticker on the hood? I'm not a fan of the red in the 10A/X version. I'd rather just leave it off completely, otherwise I'll do the work to remove it myself.
Not possible to remove from a factory order .

Milous is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:17 AM.



Jeepģ, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC