2014 Wrangler Information Thread - Page 92 - Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today



Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 07-31-2013, 06:07 AM   #2731
Jeeper
 
budwizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Midlothian, Va.
Posts: 125
budwizer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get your jeep on View Post
I am so close to being able to pay for a 2014 Rubicon, or 2013 10th anniversary. So close! Does anyone know what if any incentives will be coming out August 1? Just need that little extra bump to pay for it all in cash.
Similar situation here. I am all ready to pull the trigger and almost did on a 10A yesterday. However with the 2014 X being right around the corner I am trying my best to be patient. The 10A I looked at had a couple of things I wasn't wanted or would have changed. My thinking is I will wait to place an order for the exact one I want.
budwizer is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 06:21 AM   #2732
Build Thread Queen

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
StarBrite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 13,197
StarBrite is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by River Hill View Post
In addition to my above question, are the headlights different on the 2014 models?
No changes to the headlights themselves.

There are new clear turn signal lenses, but that is the only lighting change that was made, IIRC.

StarBrite is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:26 AM   #2733
Jeeper
 
cueball13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 400
cueball13 is on a distinguished road
Haven't seen this question yet.. Since the remote start isn't an option on the sport (yet), is the 2013 mopar factory kit compatible with the 2014 sport? I don't want an aftermarket unit but a dealer installed piece covered under warranty is cool - plus two extra keys!
cueball13 is offline   Quote
 
Old 07-31-2013, 08:01 AM   #2734
Jeeper
 
tborah79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: 215
Posts: 23
tborah79 is on a distinguished road
Not sure...Chryslers system wont let us spec them out...these are pre-specs that they are giving us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sucker Punch View Post
Wow, that is tempting!

Edit: Are half doors available on the Rubicon x???
tborah79 is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:03 AM   #2735
Jeeper
 
tborah79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: 215
Posts: 23
tborah79 is on a distinguished road
as of today, it is not available to order...the 2 we are getting are pre-specs, vehicles Chrysler builds and offers to us as extra allocation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdambm View Post
Curious, so what exactly has the X package omitted now that you have to pay for versus the 10A
Second I did not see the X available for order or that it would even be built in flame red or dune.
tborah79 is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:39 AM   #2736
Commercial Member
 
Sucker Punch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 2,428
Sucker Punch is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tborah79 View Post
Not sure...Chryslers system wont let us spec them out...these are pre-specs that they are giving us
Hey tborah, thanks for getting back to me. Is it possible to order with the full doors and also order the factory rear half doors and uppers? I don't have to have the front door half doors. I mainly want the half doors in the back. If I can order just the rear doors and uppers do you know roughly how much that would cost?

Thanks!
Sucker Punch is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:42 AM   #2737
Jeeper
 
thinkxingu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NH
Posts: 1,045
thinkxingu is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sucker Punch View Post
I mainly want the half doors in the back.
Thanks!
I've seen this before, but don't understand why you'd want it?
__________________
"I have a great ambition to die of exhaustion rather than boredom."
thinkxingu is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:55 AM   #2738
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 71
scottmik is on a distinguished road
sport 23S cruise control

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadmt View Post
yes
what about the 14 JK sport in 23S? Does that come standard with cruise control?.....or do you need to order the power convenience option package?

thanks..
scottmik is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:56 AM   #2739
Commercial Member
 
Sucker Punch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 2,428
Sucker Punch is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
I've seen this before, but don't understand why you'd want it?
Wife doesn't want the back doors off when our young girls are strapped in the backseat. I mostly drive with the doors off. Only time my doors are on is when it is raining or winter. Taking the front doors off and leaving the rear doors on looks like piss. The half door in the back looks much better IMO and provides a little more sense of safety over going doorless. Not that hard to understand, unless you don't ever take off your doors or have young kids in car seats. With the front doors off and the rear lower half door on it looks a lot like a old scrambler and I like the look.

Also, there are many things I don't understand. Like why someone would put anything over a 17" rim on a Jeep wrangler or cover it in chrome.

It is a personal preference
Sucker Punch is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:01 AM   #2740
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 591
iNtErNeT_rYaN is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmik View Post
what about the 14 JK sport in 23S? Does that come standard with cruise control?.....or do you need to order the power convenience option package?

thanks..
Cruise is std everywhere.
iNtErNeT_rYaN is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:03 AM   #2741
Jeeper
 
BostonStrong77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 452
BostonStrong77 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sucker Punch View Post

Wife doesn't want the back doors off when our young girls are strapped in the backseat. I mostly drive with the doors off. Only time my doors are on is when it is raining or winter. Taking the front doors off and leaving the rear doors on looks like piss. The half door in the back looks much better IMO and provides a little more sense of safety over going doorless. Not that hard to understand, unless you don't ever take off your doors or have young kids in car seats. With the front doors off and the rear lower half door on it looks a lot like a old scrambler and I like the look.

Also, there are many things I don't understand. Like why someone would put anything over a 17" rim on a Jeep wrangler or cover it in chrome.

It is a personal preference
Agreed. Chrome on a Jeep doesn't make sense to me, but its a personal preference thing. The half doors on the back has been an argument between my wife and I. There are other options out there for protection for little ones, but leaving the full doors on without doors on the front looks awful.
BostonStrong77 is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:07 AM   #2742
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Mount Pleasant, SC
Posts: 69
raizyr is on a distinguished road
2014 Slush Mats part numbers?

So Quadratec says that it'll probably be Spring 2014 before their floor liners are updated for the 2014s which means I'm going to want the Mopar slush mats until then. I saw mention earlier about part numbers for purchasing them from the Dealership, has anyone run across the numbers yet?
raizyr is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:51 AM   #2743
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: N Indianapolis
Posts: 340
JSichthus is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sucker Punch View Post

Hey tborah, thanks for getting back to me. Is it possible to order with the full doors and also order the factory rear half doors and uppers? I don't have to have the front door half doors. I mainly want the half doors in the back. If I can order just the rear doors and uppers do you know roughly how much that would cost?

Thanks!
It's possible, but you'll have to negotiate a price with your dealer. From the Mopar catalogue it would probably run close to $3000 once you have them painted to match, the dealer might be willing to give you wholesale price on them if you are buying the Jeep and having them do the paint, which could it 1/3 out of cost.
JSichthus is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:55 AM   #2744
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: N Indianapolis
Posts: 340
JSichthus is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by raizyr View Post
So Quadratec says that it'll probably be Spring 2014 before their floor liners are updated for the 2014s which means I'm going to want the Mopar slush mats until then. I saw mention earlier about part numbers for purchasing them from the Dealership, has anyone run across the numbers yet?
There is another option: leave the carpet mats in the Jeep and place the rubber mats over them. This works pretty well with the Mopar rubber mud mats. The carpet mats use the hooks, but are so thick that the rubber mats just float on top of them. There is enough friction that the rubber really doesn't slide (my 08 has been running this way since new, so did my wife's 08 & her 13). Also, the double mat provides extra protection for the carpet, which is a lot harder to replace
JSichthus is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:04 AM   #2745
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 267
ktulu is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sucker Punch View Post
Wife doesn't want the back doors off when our young girls are strapped in the backseat. I mostly drive with the doors off. Only time my doors are on is when it is raining or winter. Taking the front doors off and leaving the rear doors on looks like piss. The half door in the back looks much better IMO and provides a little more sense of safety over going doorless. Not that hard to understand, unless you don't ever take off your doors or have young kids in car seats. With the front doors off and the rear lower half door on it looks a lot like a old scrambler and I like the look.
I have the same concerns, but I may just put in the larger booster seats with the harness and tell my oldest daughter (8) to suck it up. Then I'll use the anchors and seatbelt to keep the seat strapped down. She did ride up front the other day when I had to take the pup to the groomer. She was a little nervous, but loved the ride. Now we just need to get final info on the X so I can make the decision and get the ball rolling!
ktulu is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:13 AM   #2746
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 20
silentknight11b is on a distinguished road
Was hyped when I saw my JKUS had gone into KZM this morning, and called IAMJEEP to finally get my full VIN. The woman ther ethen informed me that my JKUS is scheduled to leave on 1 August, but not get to my dealer until 12 August! Twelve days to get to South carolina fromthe plant. The last two weeks are going to be the worst....
silentknight11b is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:01 AM   #2747
Jeeper
 
donmeca2020's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Hollywood, florida
Posts: 3,061
donmeca2020 is on a distinguished road
I'm starting to see dealerships local to me are starting to have 2014 models in stock now.... very interesting.
__________________
2014 Copperhead Pearl Wrangler Unlimited Sport

Claiming to be Off-road 24/7 and living the Mountain man life. that's the WF member way
donmeca2020 is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:07 AM   #2748
Nature Photog and Jeeper

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
Argent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Somewhere in the 'Verse
Posts: 2,967
Argent is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by donmeca2020 View Post
I'm starting to see dealerships local to me are starting to have 2014 models in stock now.... very interesting.
yes both my friends who work at dealerships have reported 2014's hitting their lots in the last week....one said the Anvil JKUR looked really good!
Argent is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:14 AM   #2749
Jeeper
 
donmeca2020's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Hollywood, florida
Posts: 3,061
donmeca2020 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argent View Post
yes both my friends who work at dealerships have reported 2014's hitting their lots in the last week....one said the Anvil JKUR looked really good!
Only problem here in SoFla these guys have vehicles so marked up its ridiculous not to mention once again they refuse to budge on their sticker price....New 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - in 33024 Area - on Cars.com
__________________
2014 Copperhead Pearl Wrangler Unlimited Sport

Claiming to be Off-road 24/7 and living the Mountain man life. that's the WF member way
donmeca2020 is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:30 AM   #2750
Commercial Member
 
Sucker Punch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 2,428
Sucker Punch is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSichthus View Post
It's possible, but you'll have to negotiate a price with your dealer. From the Mopar catalogue it would probably run close to $3000 once you have them painted to match, the dealer might be willing to give you wholesale price on them if you are buying the Jeep and having them do the paint, which could it 1/3 out of cost.
hmmm.. that is about what I was thinking the rear halfs would run. I don't want to clog this thread up with half door talk. I started another thread about half doors if anyone would like to join the thread here it is Half door predicament

Also want everyone to know that the half doors are not an option on the Rubicon X. I kinda figured that much since the premium top is standard on the X... Oh well.
Sucker Punch is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:33 AM   #2751
Jeeper
 
MotorCityJK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Posts: 747
MotorCityJK is on a distinguished road
Against the idea of aftermarket half doors where you can easily buy just the rear pair?
__________________
2016 Black/Black JKUR Hard Rock - Vader
auto/3.73s/body color top and fenders/max tow/430N/dual top/auto ac/remote start
MB TKO 17x8.5 -6 w/ 305/65 BFG KO2s

Gone but not forgotten:
2014 Anvil JKUR - Ellie / 2010 Mango Tango JKUR - Big 'O/Molly / 2008 Jeep Green JKUS
MotorCityJK is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:57 AM   #2752
Jeeper
 
13rian's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Posts: 670
13rian is on a distinguished road
YGE 5 Additional Gallons of Gas 18.00

^^^Does this option mean i can get a JKR with a bigger gas tank or are they charging you for five gallons of gas??
13rian is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:58 AM   #2753
Retired Mod

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
panthermark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago-land
Posts: 11,133
panthermark is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13rian View Post
YGE 5 Additional Gallons of Gas 18.00

^^^Does this option mean i can get a JKR with a bigger gas tank or are they charging you for five gallons of gas??
It means they are charging you $18.00 for five gallons of gas.
__________________
2013 Sahara Unlimited
Billet - Auto - 3.73 - Connectivity - Painted Hardtop - LSD - Remote Start - Saddle Leather - Side Airbags

I may mall crawl...but I look good doing it.....
panthermark is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:09 PM   #2754
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 42
meeaspapa is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by donmeca2020 View Post

Only problem here in SoFla these guys have vehicles so marked up its ridiculous not to mention once again they refuse to budge on their sticker price....New 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - in 33024 Area - on Cars.com
Same where I am in Canada...they mark up the MSRP by about 4000.00. people still buy them though. They can do that because most buyers finance and want a low monthly payment..the dealerships rake in the money. When you are ordering and paying cash you have to find a high volume dealer that wants to make a fast sale!
meeaspapa is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:36 PM   #2755
Jeeper
 
thinkxingu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NH
Posts: 1,045
thinkxingu is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sucker Punch View Post

Wife doesn't want the back doors off when our young girls are strapped in the backseat. I mostly drive with the doors off. Only time my doors are on is when it is raining or winter. Taking the front doors off and leaving the rear doors on looks like piss. The half door in the back looks much better IMO and provides a little more sense of safety over going doorless. Not that hard to understand, unless you don't ever take off your doors or have young kids in car seats. With the front doors off and the rear lower half door on it looks a lot like a old scrambler and I like the look.

Also, there are many things I don't understand. Like why someone would put anything over a 17" rim on a Jeep wrangler or cover it in chrome.

It is a personal preference
Wasn't a criticism, just a question. From what I've seen, though, I like the look of the rear half/full front on less than front off/full backs on. Nice to know the options, reasoning though.
__________________
"I have a great ambition to die of exhaustion rather than boredom."
thinkxingu is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:43 PM   #2756
Jeeper
 
13rian's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Posts: 670
13rian is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by panthermark View Post
It means they are charging you $18.00 for five gallons of gas.
Thanks
13rian is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 01:34 PM   #2757
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 71
scottmik is on a distinguished road
Rear Seats

I have a "00" TJ now and prefer to remove the back seat....Is the backseat in the "14" JK removable or does it just fold?
scottmik is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 01:45 PM   #2758
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: N Indianapolis
Posts: 340
JSichthus is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmik View Post
I have a "00" TJ now and prefer to remove the back seat....Is the backseat in the "14" JK removable or does it just fold?
The seat in the rear of the 2 door is easily removable...and easy to sell if you want. It does fold and flip like in the TJ. Biggest problem is that the front seats only fold and slide, they dont have a slide and tumble option. The rear seats in a 4 door are not supposed to be removed, but they unbolt plenty easy.
JSichthus is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 01:56 PM
Thread Starter
  #2759
Sponsoring Vendor
 
pat@fieldsauto.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Glenview
Posts: 3,182
pat@fieldsauto.com is on a distinguished road
Rubicon X does not have:

Lift
KM2s
Badging like the 10A has
No red seats
__________________
Patrick O'Donnell
Fields Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram │ 2800 Patriot Blvd│ Glenview, IL 60026
847-446-5100 main
pat@fieldsauto.com is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 02:00 PM   #2760
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 71
scottmik is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSichthus View Post
The seat in the rear of the 2 door is easily removable...and easy to sell if you want. It does fold and flip like in the TJ. Biggest problem is that the front seats only fold and slide, they dont have a slide and tumble option. The rear seats in a 4 door are not supposed to be removed, but they unbolt plenty easy.
thanks

scottmik is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:24 AM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC
« Back

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner