Originally Posted by Ali032373
I swore I wouldn't go down this road before I bought my jeep, but here I am.
I've looked through various forums but didn't see anything that exactly answered my question. I have a '13 sahara, automatic, with 3.21 gears. Stock wheels/tires are 255 70 18, which is 32.1". I also have the TF coil leveling kit installed. This is mainly my DD.
I want bigger tires, but not 35s. I found 3 tires that are roughly 33.5". LT306/65/18 BFGs, LT325/60/18 pro comps, and LT 275/70/18 toyos.
1. Will that 1.5" make any real difference in appearance?
2. Will I have to re gear?
3. Will the TF leveling kit accommodate a 33.5" tire?
4. Any downside to running LT tires on a jeep?
Any help is appreciated.
1. Not that big a deal in appearance.
2. You don't have to regear but I have 3.73 and auto with the 3.8.. I have the procal to adjust shifting and it feels OK. I seem to still leave most people at the light without trying. But 3.73 is a far fry from 3.21.
Worst case senario is you regear later. IG you have the extra HP with the 3.6 it will probably be OK
3. Yes and it would work without it except when really flexing.
4. No difference. They are made for trucks and a jeep is a truck (not a pickup truck like most people refer to a truck)