About to Pull Trigger on 2011 Sport Wrangler, Need Help!
Hi all, was hoping to receive some feedback as I'm about to purchase my first wrangler and am stoked! I have a couple options I'm looking at and wanted to get everyone's thoughts on negotiations and choices.
Option 1 is a used silver 2011 Sport listed at $21,500 that was a dealer rental and acquired 33,000 miles in first year. It has 35,000+ miles on it now (bumber to bumber about to expire) with one year tread left on stock tires. It has been sitting in the dealer lot since April 2012 (assuming to keep miles from exceeding warranty). It's listed in excellent condition and is a nice vehicle. My assumption is that the warranty is stuffed into the price and I would like to go in at a $19,5 range so that I can then upgrade tires to 31s or 33s.
Option 2 is similar to option one, a used silver 2011 sport but it only has 22,000 miles on it and has the nitto terra grip 33s and a few other accessories but nothing too over the top. The listing is $23,682 and while its in the higher of my price range, that price is doable but would like to get down to $22,000 if at all possible.
Option 3 is to buy a new jeep sport 2013 at $24,995. Is there wiggle room to get that price down a little to make it worthwhile to go new?
What are everyone's thoughts and opinions? I'm not in a rush "technically" and am willing to wait but want to get a jeep bad. PLease help a newbie figure this out and any advice you can give. THANK YOU!
2011's did not have the 285hp engine. They still had the 210hp underpowered one. the interior was changed in 2011 to the newer style. Its not a HUGE difference in price it might add up to maybe $20 -$30 more a month in payments depending on your terms.
Think about it ...for a slight increase in price you get BRAND NEW, no worries of someone elses issues ....(Flooded car, electrical problems, leaks etc.)
I agree with everyone above also. I was in the same situation as you but I held out until I could find a 2012 or newer just to get the better engine and tranmission. I noticed you talked about the 2011 and 2013 how about searching your area for a used 2012 you might get the best deal for what you are looking for.
Thanks everyone! Unfortunately no 2012s are on the market but I could wait that out.
I figured that would be the leaning towards new and I tend to agree, especially on the warranties. Could a 2013 jeep be haggled into the $22,000 range? Should I wait for the 2014s to come out? My max is about $25 i'm looking to go. Am I shortchanging myself?
You can generally get 1% below invoice on new Jeeps without much trouble. That makes option 3 a no brainer. Brand new, full warranty, never been mistreated, and doesn't need any maintenance. The cheaper 2011 you are looking at needs new tires, thats $800 to add to the price right there.
Definitely go new. I was in a similar situation back in April and figured i was going to buy a couple year old Wrangler and be thrilled. The more i looked online at the prices the more i realized the best value was in a new one. I ended up finding a leftover new 2012 with a $27500 sticker and got it for $22300 plus tax and tags. So with this price it was certainly a no brainer for me. Maybe check cars.com or autotrader.com for new 2012's. I know there are still some in the MD/VA area. You will get a great deal, better engine, no fear of some jackass driving it like an idiot(rental), and full warranty!
I test drove a 2011 with 16,000 miles, bottom dollar price was $21,500. It was in excellent condition, red with black soft top. My wife and I liked it but just for fun we drove a new one with a hard top and it was so much better in driving comfort I knew that was what I wanted. The new one we drove was a Sport S which we could have bought for $26,000. I ended up with a 2 door Freedom Edition, which I love.
I'm in Canada and about to buy a new 2013 as I finally found one and there is only one available in colour I can live with. The starting price here for a 23B is $19,995 and you can get them a little less I've seen $18,995. Since I'm an old fart I'm adding A/C and a Hard Top as it gets cold up here and the winters are too long, so far I'm looking at $22,500. Since we always pay way more in Canada for cars then you in the US I'd say go for new. Join Treadlightly and go for dealer Invoice -1% and get a deal.