ACE Rock Rails on! - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 03-25-2011, 03:28 PM   #1
Jeeper
 
RedWing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 32
ACE Rock Rails on!

I mounted the A.C.E. rails today. My only complaint was that I had to do some grinding to the original washers myself. Had I not had a heavy duty electric grinder, It would have taken me forever to grind the washers down. I put them on alone, although another pair of hands would have greatly helped. Altogether it took me about 90 minutes to get everything mounted up. Here are some pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	jeep rock rails 1.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	219.9 KB
ID:	42693   Click image for larger version

Name:	jeep rock rails 2.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	219.8 KB
ID:	42694  


RedWing is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-25-2011, 05:52 PM   #2
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 37
Ordered mine yesterday- can't wait. They look great.

Jim11787 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-25-2011, 05:55 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
Outlaw Jeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: South Central PA
Posts: 155
They look awesome! I must say I've never had an installation go exactly as planned.
Outlaw Jeeper is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-25-2011, 06:14 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
fenrir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Pearl River, LA
Posts: 58
the rails look great....BTW where did you get you stickes ive been wanting to replace the factory ones and i love the zombie response team one thats great
fenrir is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-25-2011, 06:22 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
2010WranglerMountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: From Arkansas, stationed in Colorado Springs
Posts: 318
Here's where I got mine... Zombie Outbreak Response Team Vinyl Decal Sticker - Texas Die Cuts
Put it on the cowling behind the hood
__________________
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is

Jeep Pics

Youtube Channel
2010WranglerMountain is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-25-2011, 06:23 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
fenrir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Pearl River, LA
Posts: 58
awsome thanx
fenrir is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-25-2011, 09:07 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Western Washington
Posts: 198
If I can ask a favor

I am looking at buying the same rails but am looking for some that dont have a steep upward angle too them, I want something that is close to a 90 degree angle from the body. Could I talk u into taking a picture of the front of them that might show that angle? It would be uber appreciated
__________________
In it for the MUD.

-Steel02001
Steel02001 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-25-2011, 09:21 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
07XMan2Door's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: colorado
Posts: 1,691
Looks great Bro!! I put a pair on too!!

07XMan2Door is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-25-2011, 09:22 PM   #9
Jeeper
 
BADBOY-RUBICON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Southern Indiana
Posts: 520
Looks great!
BADBOY-RUBICON is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-25-2011, 09:36 PM   #10
Jeeper
 
moscoeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Richmond, KY
Posts: 840
Looks good! Mine were just shipped out today, however they are gonna beat the jeep to the house!! I can't wait to have both!

Sent from my iPhone using WF Access
moscoeb is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-25-2011, 09:45 PM   #11
Jeeper
 
moscoeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Richmond, KY
Posts: 840
Double post, sorry!
moscoeb is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-25-2011, 10:14 PM   #12
Jeeper
 
RedWing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel02001 View Post
If I can ask a favor

I am looking at buying the same rails but am looking for some that dont have a steep upward angle too them, I want something that is close to a 90 degree angle from the body. Could I talk u into taking a picture of the front of them that might show that angle? It would be uber appreciated

Hey Steel, sure thing. I'll shoot a few pics in the morning when we have some daylight. I went with ACE because my girlfriend wanted a step to help her get in. Although they do have a slight upward angle, it isnt much. Its not 90 degrees but it cant be much more than another 10-15 from that.
RedWing is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-26-2011, 02:04 AM   #13
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Western Washington
Posts: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWing View Post
Hey Steel, sure thing. I'll shoot a few pics in the morning when we have some daylight. I went with ACE because my girlfriend wanted a step to help her get in. Although they do have a slight upward angle, it isnt much. Its not 90 degrees but it cant be much more than another 10-15 from that.
Thanks man, thats why I am curious of the angle, had some others and wife said it wasnt a good step....
__________________
In it for the MUD.

-Steel02001
Steel02001 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-26-2011, 08:37 AM   #14
Jeeper
 
JPWheelin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Woodstock, GA
Posts: 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel02001 View Post
Thanks man, thats why I am curious of the angle, had some others and wife said it wasnt a good step....
You might check out the rugged ridge side armor. I'm pretty sure they go straight out.
JPWheelin is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-26-2011, 08:43 AM   #15
Jeeper
 
JPWheelin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Woodstock, GA
Posts: 378
Those look great. I have been contemplating between the "rock sliders" and side armor and those look like a perfect fit...good ground clearance and still function as a step.

...but...I don't have an electric grinder .
JPWheelin is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-26-2011, 09:46 AM   #16
Jeeper
 
rquinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Savannah, GA
Posts: 22
I love mine.

I didn't have an electric grinder either...nothing that wasn't solved with some elbow geese and a couple of good hacksaw blades. Took me longer than normal but it was seriously worth it, yes a grinder would have been a 1000 time easier but you just gotta work with what you got sometimes.

As far as being a good step...I have to go with absolutely. We have a 19 month old and they come in handy stepping up to get her in the back sometimes. The wife has no complaints with using them as step and finds it 100 time easier getting in and out.
rquinn is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-26-2011, 10:08 AM   #17
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
jeepers29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Georgetown, Texas
Posts: 2,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWing View Post
I mounted the A.C.E. rails today. My only complaint was that I had to do some grinding to the original washers myself. Had I not had a heavy duty electric grinder, It would have taken me forever to grind the washers down. I put them on alone, although another pair of hands would have greatly helped. Altogether it took me about 90 minutes to get everything mounted up. Here are some pics.


They look great. I have a question. Did you have to modify anything or drill any holes? From the pics, it looks like they might have bolted directly to the frame. Thanks, Joel
jeepers29 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-27-2011, 09:30 AM   #18
Jeeper
 
rquinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Savannah, GA
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPWheelin View Post
Those look great. I have been contemplating between the "rock sliders" and side armor and those look like a perfect fit...good ground clearance and still function as a step.

...but...I don't have an electric grinder .

You CAN do it with out one, it just takes longer. Seriously for the cost and the quality of the product it was a simple no brainier for me to pull the trigger on them.

Q
rquinn is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-27-2011, 09:31 AM   #19
Jeeper
 
rquinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Savannah, GA
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepers29 View Post
Did you have to modify anything or drill any holes?
NO holes just the modification of the washers.
rquinn is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-27-2011, 06:19 PM   #20
Jeeper
 
RedWing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepers29 View Post
They look great. I have a question. Did you have to modify anything or drill any holes? From the pics, it looks like they might have bolted directly to the frame. Thanks, Joel


The only thing you have to modify is the stock washers. It tells you to do so in the directions. Other than that, they bolt up perfectly.
RedWing is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-27-2011, 06:23 PM   #21
Jeeper
 
RedWing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 32
Somebody requested this pic so it is. A pic from straight on that helps show the angle of the bars. Works as a great step.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	jeep rock rails 3.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	181.7 KB
ID:	43049  
RedWing is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-28-2011, 08:57 AM   #22
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Western Washington
Posts: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWing View Post
Somebody requested this pic so it is. A pic from straight on that helps show the angle of the bars. Works as a great step.
Thanks, thats exactly what I was wanting.
__________________
In it for the MUD.

-Steel02001
Steel02001 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-28-2011, 09:23 AM   #23
Jeeper
 
JPWheelin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Woodstock, GA
Posts: 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by rquinn View Post
You CAN do it with out one, it just takes longer. Seriously for the cost and the quality of the product it was a simple no brainier for me to pull the trigger on them.

Q
Cool...thanks! I think I'm gonna have to get these as well. I bet a dremel tool might do the trick...
JPWheelin is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-29-2011, 12:31 AM   #24
Jeeper
 
BADBOY-RUBICON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Southern Indiana
Posts: 520
UUUUUgggghhhhh!

Ordered my rock rails and they are on backorder

I hate the words 'back order'
BADBOY-RUBICON is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-29-2011, 05:11 AM   #25
Jeeper
 
moscoeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Richmond, KY
Posts: 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by BADBOY-RUBICON
UUUUUgggghhhhh!

Ordered my rock rails and they are on backorder

I hate the words 'back order'
It won't take Adam long to get caught up again though!

On another note, I just talked to him yesterday and expressed interest to see if they would make some belly armor and he said they wer kicking the idea around. We all should call or email him with ideas so they can get a feel what the majority of the customers want.

Sent from my iPhone using WF Access
moscoeb is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-29-2011, 05:57 AM   #26
Jeeper
 
homebrwd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ashburn, VA
Posts: 1,085
Got mine on two weekends ago, love the look.


ACERails2 by grmncrsnbr, on Flickr


ACERails1 by grmncrsnbr, on Flickr
homebrwd is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-19-2011, 06:51 AM   #27
Jeeper
 
JPWheelin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Woodstock, GA
Posts: 378
I just received my Ace rock rails yesterday. I didn't get around to ordering them until last week. Shipping was quick- shipped the day after my order and I received them 3-4 business days later. I didn't even realize they were here. The garage was open and the UPS man put them inside. Didn't notice them until last night.

So far this morning I got one of the factory side steps off. Now I have to wash the mud out of my eyes and go to work!

Something I noticed in the instructions- "Warning: for off-road use only". Whatupwitdat???
JPWheelin is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-19-2011, 07:06 AM   #28
Jeeper
 
homebrwd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ashburn, VA
Posts: 1,085
They have to put that to remove liability during on road usage.
homebrwd is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-19-2011, 08:19 AM   #29
Jeeper
 
Fazed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 343
Hey guys, I want to add that Adam at ACE has a 100% no questions asked replacement guarantee on his rails. If you break them, or otherwise mangle them unusable, he'll replace them. No questions asked. How do I know this? I had a 1st generation set on my JKU and 2 months ago boogered the hell out of them on a rock run called the widowmaker. The rails saved my JK, but got bent up pretty bad in the process. Adam sent me a new set out the day after I called and told him about it. Unlike the 1st gen version I had, the newest installment has 3 mounting points for the JKU. Also this latest version is less angled up, and functions more as a step than the previous version did. Much much stronger than the old style.

Seriously, where else can you find an American made, heavy duty product like this, for under 3 bills, with a lifetime warranty, and a manufacturer who listens to his customers and implements improvements to their product without driving the cost up.

I don't work for ACE, I've never met Adam, I'm just a very satisfied customer.
__________________
2007 JK Unlimited X
1997 TJ Sahara
Fazed is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-19-2011, 09:45 AM   #30
Jeeper
 
moscoeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Richmond, KY
Posts: 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazed
Hey guys, I want to add that Adam at ACE has a 100% no questions asked replacement guarantee on his rails. If you break them, or otherwise mangle them unusable, he'll replace them. No questions asked. How do I know this? I had a 1st generation set on my JKU and 2 months ago boogered the hell out of them on a rock run called the widowmaker. The rails saved my JK, but got bent up pretty bad in the process. Adam sent me a new set out the day after I called and told him about it. Unlike the 1st gen version I had, the newest installment has 3 mounting points for the JKU. Also this latest version is less angled up, and functions more as a step than the previous version did. Much much stronger than the old style.

Seriously, where else can you find an American made, heavy duty product like this, for under 3 bills, with a lifetime warranty, and a manufacturer who listens to his customers and implements improvements to their product without driving the cost up.

I don't work for ACE, I've never met Adam, I'm just a very satisfied customer.
X2
Talked to him on phone multiple times and he is extremely receptive to ideas, new or changes to existing products. I am already planning on buying his bumpers when I get the money set aside.
Put the rails on a few days ago, and they have already paid for themselves by saving my metal and paint!

moscoeb is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ACE rock rails Fazed JK General Discussion Forum 2384 05-07-2014 12:52 PM
Rock rails miss t JK General Discussion Forum 16 11-04-2011 08:08 PM
Side steps for Rubicon Rock Rails drjay JK General Discussion Forum 11 12-04-2010 11:42 AM
My first major mod to my 2010 Rubicon.. ACE ROCK RAILS! Rerun General Jeep Discussion 3 11-15-2010 04:20 PM
Write-up for 2-door Olympic A/T rock rails :) thaduke2003 JK General Discussion Forum 1 03-27-2010 05:21 PM



Download our Mobile App

» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:32 PM.



Jeep, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC