Ack! Need advice, please.... - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 10-27-2011, 10:48 PM   #1
Jeeper
 
Brandenburg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 173
Images: 5
Unhappy Ack! Need advice, please....

So I've been posting in another forum that I was trading my 2010 Camaro off for a Rubicon Unlimited. It took a looooong time for me to decide exactly what I want. The dealership was patient and worked with me.

Finally we found this Rubicon in another state
It appeared to be perfect. I was happy, the salesman was happy, the dealership was happy, my dog (who now gets rides in a jeep) is happy.

A week later, the jeep arrives. It's perfect.....until I open the door.

BROWN????????? BROWN????????







Sorry to those people who own brown or like brown -- it's a personal preference, but I have an insane distaste for anything brown. In fact, I had joked with the dealership that I'm happy with almost any color as long as it's not brown, wood grain, or chrome.

Originally, a week ago, when looking for the Jeep, they extended their search out about 1000 miles and only found one match that was almost exactly what I was requesting -- and it was this jeep.

When looking at the sticker, I admit I did indeed see that the interior was listed as Black/Dark Saddle Interior...apparently neither I nor the salesman really knew that this mean half the interior was tan.

However, I must have built a thousand jeeps on jeep.com over the last year. I'm always shown this option




From my perspective, it appeared the color was merely the color of the seat threads Black/Dark Saddle. The only difference they show here are the two seats -- one is black and one is black and tan.

Since this was the only Jeep they could find, I figured, that although I don't like tan, having some tan fibers in my seat would be OK.

Imagine my shock when I open the Rubicon door the first time and see half of the auto is tan.

I know that for some of you, the color isn't all that important. For me, it is. I was flexible on the exterior color (red, black, crush, dozer, even silver.... all would've been acceptable). However, I just really hate brown lol.

Had I seen this on the lot, I would've just passed it by after peering in the window and would've looked elsewhere. Additionally, I've looked at ALOT of Jeeps over the last year from dealerships within 50 miles of my home and this is the very first interior tan Jeep I've seen (yeah, I'm sure there are others, but I've not personally seen them). Seeing *my* Jeep in such an unexpected and unfavorable color was a shock.

The salesman, whom I now consider a friend, was pretty cool about it all -- but he didn't know what to do. I didn't know what to do.

Upon ordering the Jeep, I already signed alot of papers saying that I wanted it (otherwise they wouldn't have transferred it from another state). I had already traded my car to them. I'm now in a corner.

tonight it seemed like I had only a few choices....

1. Pay $36k for a Jeep which is less than what I wanted and hoped for (makes me a wuss)

2. Argue about it and refuse the Jeep (possibly encountering legal issues if they say that I already signed the papers)

3. Ask that they build me a Jeep since they can't find a match and wait weeks and weeks for a replacement.....this option sucks but seems like would be the best for me.

I sat in the dealership for like five hours...talking about other things, looking at the Jeep as a whole, and debating the ugliness of the color brown (again, sorry brown lovers lol).

At the end of the night, I drove the Jeep home because the dealership was closing, I was tired, and I really wasn't in the mood for a fight.

Tonight, though, I have a brand new 2012 Rubicon Unlimited -- something I've wanted for years. However, instead of being elated, I feel like I sold out by blowing nearly 40k on less than what I wanted.

I don't blame the salesman, the dealership, or myself. Truth be told, the salesman is a very bright guy and even he admitted that he didn't realize that Black/Saddle meant a tan interior -- he too thought it was just the seat. Based on the info that's easily visible on Jeep's website, the distinction isn't clear. I believe it's a fair and honest mistake for me or the salesman to have made. I blame Jeep for lacking good information on this.

In fact, if you look at the 360deg interior and exterior views, you can see the tan interior, but only on the Sahara (regardless of which Jeep you choose) and it's with the leather seats (so I'm assuming it's part of that package). Also, on the "build your own jeep" section, there's no explanatory information on the differences between the interiors (although there's great detail on the differences in stereos, axles, tops, etc.).

Probably most people's advice is gonna be "suck it up....you have an awesome Rubicon that happens to have some brown." Maybe that's the right advice. I dunno. It's just that this is a friggin' big purchase for me and the experience has been diminished significantly. I simply don't see any good options available to me.

Can someone give some advice? Words of wisdom? Reasons to love that really ugly shade of brown that clashes with the cool black? lol

I'm lost and need help.

Thanks in advance

(ps...I typed this in a hurry and didn't proof...sorry lol)

Brandenburg is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-27-2011, 10:54 PM   #2
rotaredoM

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
panthermark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago-land
Posts: 9,748
Images: 13
Build one...
That is what I will do.
You are that one that has to sit inside of it....AND pay for it.

When I'm searching for Sahara Tan JKU's, I don't even bother to look at them if they have just the black interior. While I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum...I understand.

panthermark is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-27-2011, 11:09 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
Brandenburg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 173
Images: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by panthermark View Post
Build one...
That is what I will do.
You are that one that has to sit inside of it....AND pay for it.

When I'm searching for Sahara Tan JKU's, I don't even bother to look at them if they have just the black interior. While I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum...I understand.
I would like to do that, but it'll take weeks (something I'll be able to live with, but not like)....

My biggest concern is that the paperwork was signed a week before I even looked at the Jeep (which seems to be pretty common). Also, there was a large cost of transporting it in from out of state.

I seriously doubt the dealer would be willing to renegotiate this without some serious conflict................and of course, I did drive it off the lot this evening.
Brandenburg is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-27-2011, 11:13 PM   #4
rotaredoM

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
panthermark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago-land
Posts: 9,748
Images: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandenburg View Post
I would like to do that, but it'll take weeks (something I'll be able to live with, but not like)....

My biggest concern is that the paperwork was signed a week before I even looked at the Jeep (which seems to be pretty common). Also, there was a large cost of transporting it in from out of state.

I seriously doubt the dealer would be willing to renegotiate this without some serious conflict................and of course, I did drive it off the lot this evening.
Ouch....
Well...in that case...just don't look down when you drive. Sorry....
Look on the bright side...it will be cooler in the summer.
panthermark is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-27-2011, 11:17 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
Brandenburg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 173
Images: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by panthermark View Post
Ouch....
Well...in that case...just don't look down when you drive. Sorry....
Look on the bright side...it will be cooler in the summer.
lol.... yeah, I could tell from the salesman (just his expression and body language) that convincing the dealership to simply get another jeep was not gonna be an easy task. I trust my salesman -- he's a good guy. I think he was just preparing me with the foreknowledge that changing this, even though I might even be justified, wasn't going to be an easy task.
Brandenburg is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-27-2011, 11:19 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
Brandenburg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 173
Images: 5
I think they went way out of their way to get *this* Jeep for me and for a good price....but dang, I REALLY hate brown haha. I don't even have any brown clothes
Brandenburg is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-27-2011, 11:24 PM   #7
CG3
no retreat, no surrender

WF Supporting Member
 
CG3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Utah/Mexico/California
Posts: 975
Take it to a saddle maker, and die the freaking leather black......

__________________
Carolyn
CG3 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-27-2011, 11:29 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
Brandenburg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 173
Images: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by CG3 View Post
Take it to a saddle maker, and die the freaking leather black......

Actually...that's something I was wondering about and was hoping someone might suggest. I'm curious if there's an easy way to color or stain the tan plastic into something much darker....
Brandenburg is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-28-2011, 01:17 AM   #9
Jeeper
 
bwlyon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: East of Kansas City
Posts: 123
Drive it and embrace the great tanness/brownness of your new Jeep's interior. I am confident it will grow on you. Just think Brown Chicken Brown Cow. LOL
bwlyon is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-28-2011, 01:30 AM   #10
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
kbwwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 12,179
You're gonna smoke a turd in hell for that, bwlyon.

Seriously...Brandenburg, there has to be a way to fix it. I hate to say it, but you're probably stuck with the vehicle itself. Dealership went out of it's way. You signed stuff (Never, EVER shoulda done that). You drove it off the lot.

I think it would ultimately be more of a hassle, and more expensive, to reject the Jeep at this point. So turn all of your (obviously formidable, judging from your initial post) brain power toward fixing the problem within the parameters you find yourself trapped in.

Most of us on the forum spend quite a bit of $$ to make our Jeeps "ours."

Why should you be any different?

Think of new upholstery as your first mod.

Sorry I can't offer a more decisive suggestion. But that's how I'd approach the problem if it were mine.

Eat, drink and sleep strategies for removing the hated brown from your Jeep's interior.

My .02.
__________________


"What we see depends mainly on what we look for."
—John Lubbock
kbwwolf is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-28-2011, 01:38 AM   #11
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
kbwwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 12,179
Just re-read your post.

Dude, you really HATE brown, don't you.

I mean, I'm not big on silver, but...

Fate is cruel.
__________________


"What we see depends mainly on what we look for."
—John Lubbock
kbwwolf is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-28-2011, 01:40 AM   #12
Jeeper
 
Brandenburg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 173
Images: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbwwolf View Post
You're gonna smoke a turd in hell for that, bwlyon.

Seriously...Brandenburg, there has to be a way to fix it. I hate to say it, but you're probably stuck with the vehicle itself. Dealership went out of it's way. You signed stuff (Never, EVER shoulda done that). You drove it off the lot.

I think it would ultimately be more of a hassle, and more expensive, to reject the Jeep at this point. So turn all of your (obviously formidable, judging from your initial post) brain power toward fixing the problem within the parameters you find yourself trapped in.

Most of us on the forum spend quite a bit of $$ to make our Jeeps "ours."

Why should you be any different?

Think of new upholstery as your first mod.

Sorry I can't offer a more decisive suggestion. But that's how I'd approach the problem if it were mine.

Eat, drink and sleep strategies for removing the hated brown from your Jeep's interior.

My .02.
good suggestions - and I see your point. I dunno how else I could've done it though -- I wouldn't think any dealership would order a Jeep from hundreds of miles away without signed paperwork. I had looked at countless similar Jeeps and finally decided that the Rubicon was for me.

Still, you're right -- I should just be thinking of ways to hide the brown. I joked with the salesman that I could always cover it with furry upholstery. In regards to tan, I think faux fur might be an improvement in my eyes

This is my first Jeep and one I hope to keep for a very long time. I gave up a car I loved for a chance to learn something new and try out the jeep that I've always dreamed out. It's petty of me to worry, but the dream was diminished a bit due to poor Jeep marketing material (in my opinion).

I hope to be able to mod it in the future, but $$ are always a concern. I'm into sportbikes and those like to be modded too lol.

I'm beginning to day dream about the possibility of learning how I might stain the brown plastic into something dark. It'd still stay brown, but maybe really, really dark brown (almost a black, if I'm lucky). I wish I wish an extra piece of the plastic to experiment on. Maybe I'll see if I can find somehting from a junk yard to test with. It wouldn't shock me if RITT dye could be rubbed into the plastic.
Brandenburg is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-28-2011, 01:54 AM   #13
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
kbwwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 12,179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandenburg View Post
good suggestions - and I see your point. I dunno how else I could've done it though -- I wouldn't think any dealership would order a Jeep from hundreds of miles away without signed paperwork. I had looked at countless similar Jeeps and finally decided that the Rubicon was for me.

Still, you're right -- I should just be thinking of ways to hide the brown. I joked with the salesman that I could always cover it with furry upholstery. In regards to tan, I think faux fur might be an improvement in my eyes

This is my first Jeep and one I hope to keep for a very long time. I gave up a car I loved for a chance to learn something new and try out the jeep that I've always dreamed out. It's petty of me to worry, but the dream was diminished a bit due to poor Jeep marketing material (in my opinion).

I hope to be able to mod it in the future, but $$ are always a concern. I'm into sportbikes and those like to be modded too lol.

I'm beginning to day dream about the possibility of learning how I might stain the brown plastic into something dark. It'd still stay brown, but maybe really, really dark brown (almost a black, if I'm lucky). I wish I wish an extra piece of the plastic to experiment on. Maybe I'll see if I can find somehting from a junk yard to test with. It wouldn't shock me if RITT dye could be rubbed into the plastic.
I agree. You didn't really have a choice in the matter.

I wonder if you might be able to get a swatch of upholstery from the dealership to run tests on. I'd bet the salesman – who sounds like a stand-up guy, from your description – would bend over backwards to help you out w/this, especially in light of the relief he'll feel when he learns you're gonna try to work with what you've got, rather than stiff him for the $30,000 Jeep he found for you.

Good luck with it.

And if you find a fix, post it here on WF. Could be useful info for somebody else...
__________________


"What we see depends mainly on what we look for."
—John Lubbock
kbwwolf is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-28-2011, 01:58 AM   #14
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
kbwwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 12,179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandenburg View Post
....but dang, I REALLY hate brown haha. I don't even have any brown clothes
Thanks for that nugget.

Don't misunderstand, I'm not making fun of you.

But you really got it bad, don't you?
__________________


"What we see depends mainly on what we look for."
—John Lubbock
kbwwolf is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-28-2011, 02:06 AM   #15
Jeeper
 
flyinion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 1,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandenburg View Post
good suggestions - and I see your point. I dunno how else I could've done it though -- I wouldn't think any dealership would order a Jeep from hundreds of miles away without signed paperwork. I had looked at countless similar Jeeps and finally decided that the Rubicon was for me.

Still, you're right -- I should just be thinking of ways to hide the brown. I joked with the salesman that I could always cover it with furry upholstery. In regards to tan, I think faux fur might be an improvement in my eyes

This is my first Jeep and one I hope to keep for a very long time. I gave up a car I loved for a chance to learn something new and try out the jeep that I've always dreamed out. It's petty of me to worry, but the dream was diminished a bit due to poor Jeep marketing material (in my opinion).

I hope to be able to mod it in the future, but $$ are always a concern. I'm into sportbikes and those like to be modded too lol.

I'm beginning to day dream about the possibility of learning how I might stain the brown plastic into something dark. It'd still stay brown, but maybe really, really dark brown (almost a black, if I'm lucky). I wish I wish an extra piece of the plastic to experiment on. Maybe I'll see if I can find somehting from a junk yard to test with. It wouldn't shock me if RITT dye could be rubbed into the plastic.
Not sure how well it would work or work on interior plastics but I know there are automotive detailing products made to re-dye exterior black trim back to black. It's not just a trim dressing but a permanent dye. Forever Black products will beautify and protect tires, moldings, trim, and bumpers. is one I've heard of.
flyinion is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-28-2011, 02:39 AM   #16
Jeeper
 
Sjeupie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Europe
Posts: 375
Hmm, not trying to rude but your salesman, who is probably a nice guy, is pretty stupid as well. How is it possible that somebody who sells Jeeps doesn't know that Black/Dark Saddle means that half of the interior is brown? He must have seen at least one 2012 brochure in his life, right?

Anyway, back to the solutions. How about ordering the interior trim in black from Mopar? Or maybe somebody to swap with? Because but I think trying to 'paint' your interior becomes one big mistake. Even if you do get it towards a dark/black brown....it might even appear a bit purple next to the real black of the rest of your interior.
__________________
Sjeupie is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-28-2011, 02:46 AM   #17
Jeeper
 
Brandenburg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 173
Images: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbwwolf View Post
Thanks for that nugget.

Don't misunderstand, I'm not making fun of you.

But you really got it bad, don't you?
hehe...you can make fun of me that brown just reminds me of my first car as a teen - a 1982 Ford Fairmont.

Also, I keep looking at my pics and am trying to picture who would find black, tan, silver, and chrome (all at once) to be appealing in a dash. I'm a photographer by trade so maybe I'm just more sensitive to colors and design
Brandenburg is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-28-2011, 02:48 AM   #18
Jeeper
 
Brandenburg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 173
Images: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinion View Post
Not sure how well it would work or work on interior plastics but I know there are automotive detailing products made to re-dye exterior black trim back to black. It's not just a trim dressing but a permanent dye. Forever Black products will beautify and protect tires, moldings, trim, and bumpers. is one I've heard of.

Good ideas...kbwolf inspired me to really spend some time to look into some solutions. Who knows, maybe I can come up with something kinda fun and it'd be my "own." I'm gonna check out all these ideas and hit up some local shops too and see what comes of it.

I'll definitely post up the project results.
Brandenburg is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-28-2011, 02:59 AM   #19
Jeeper
 
Brandenburg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 173
Images: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbwwolf View Post
I agree. You didn't really have a choice in the matter.

I wonder if you might be able to get a swatch of upholstery from the dealership to run tests on. I'd bet the salesman – who sounds like a stand-up guy, from your description – would bend over backwards to help you out w/this, especially in light of the relief he'll feel when he learns you're gonna try to work with what you've got, rather than stiff him for the $30,000 Jeep he found for you.

Good luck with it.

And if you find a fix, post it here on WF. Could be useful info for somebody else...
Thanks....and yeah, this salesman was really a good guy; very honest, I think. I think he was as bummed as me about the whole thing because he knew we were all kinda in a corner. If I approach him with some reasonable requests, he'll be happy to work with me.





Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjeupie View Post
Hmm, not trying to rude but your salesman, who is probably a nice guy, is pretty stupid as well. How is it possible that somebody who sells Jeeps doesn't know that Black/Dark Saddle means that half of the interior is brown? He must have seen at least one 2012 brochure in his life, right?

Anyway, back to the solutions. How about ordering the interior trim in black from Mopar? Or maybe somebody to swap with? Because but I think trying to 'paint' your interior becomes one big mistake. Even if you do get it towards a dark/black brown....it might even appear a bit purple next to the real black of the rest of your interior.
Stupid? hehe...how many Jeep salesmen have you spoken with? This dude is the only one I met that knew how many doors was on a four-door jeep. He's pretty bright, but all of the other Jeep guys I've spoken with (and I've spoken to dozens over the last two years) are really stupid and will quickly make up facts when they don't have the info (and they usually don't). Most could not tell me the difference between the Sport and the Sport S. Most had no understanding of what the USB was for...and only a few understood how bluetooth worked. I'm not sure any of them understood how the connectivity group worked. Based on the ones I've spoken to, they only know how to prime a customer to drain money.

I would have to go back and check to be certain, but I don't believe the brochure (and certainly not the website) is specific that the Back/Saddle interior explains that half the plastics are tan. At best, it appears to show that there are tan threads in the black seat (which are MUCH brighter in real life than in the photos). I have no doubt that everyone in this dealership will know this information now
Brandenburg is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-28-2011, 05:19 AM   #20
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
ShaneDiddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Alamogordo
Posts: 222
It does take a long time but I will always get what I want if its not within 200miles then im ordering it like I want. Sucks but seems you might be stuck now since you signed and left with the jeep already.

Maybe just buy black factory dash pieces to replace the brown ones...could probably even sell the brown ones to someone.
__________________
2012 Deep Cherry Red Sport 2Dr 6-speed 3.73, Tow Pkg, Power Grp, Connectivity Grp, Hard Top, Deep Tint - (reordered 9/20 for Gears)
D1 Status 9/23
Built Pending Inspection 10/5
Delivered 10/24

2010 Bright Silver JKU - Sold
ShaneDiddy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-28-2011, 06:24 AM   #21
The Bad Guy

WF Supporting Member
 
daggo66's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NJ exile living in Baltimore
Posts: 22,199
Smooth your skirt down and suck it up. No one forced you to buy it. You could have refused after seeing it, but you didn't. You should have asked the question as to what dark saddle meant. There is no advice to give you. As soon as they submit that title, it's yours and nothing can be done. They won't take it back because it would have to be sold as a used vehicle.
__________________
Tom

"I've got two things in this world, my balls and my word and I don't break them for no one."
daggo66 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-28-2011, 06:31 AM   #22
The Bad Guy

WF Supporting Member
 
daggo66's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NJ exile living in Baltimore
Posts: 22,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandenburg View Post
good suggestions - and I see your point. I dunno how else I could've done it though -- I wouldn't think any dealership would order a Jeep from hundreds of miles away without signed paperwork. I had looked at countless similar Jeeps and finally decided that the Rubicon was for me.

Still, you're right -- I should just be thinking of ways to hide the brown. I joked with the salesman that I could always cover it with furry upholstery. In regards to tan, I think faux fur might be an improvement in my eyes

This is my first Jeep and one I hope to keep for a very long time. I gave up a car I loved for a chance to learn something new and try out the jeep that I've always dreamed out. It's petty of me to worry, but the dream was diminished a bit due to poor Jeep marketing material (in my opinion).

I hope to be able to mod it in the future, but $$ are always a concern. I'm into sportbikes and those like to be modded too lol.

I'm beginning to day dream about the possibility of learning how I might stain the brown plastic into something dark. It'd still stay brown, but maybe really, really dark brown (almost a black, if I'm lucky). I wish I wish an extra piece of the plastic to experiment on. Maybe I'll see if I can find somehting from a junk yard to test with. It wouldn't shock me if RITT dye could be rubbed into the plastic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbwwolf View Post
I agree. You didn't really have a choice in the matter.

I wonder if you might be able to get a swatch of upholstery from the dealership to run tests on. I'd bet the salesman – who sounds like a stand-up guy, from your description – would bend over backwards to help you out w/this, especially in light of the relief he'll feel when he learns you're gonna try to work with what you've got, rather than stiff him for the $30,000 Jeep he found for you.

Good luck with it.

And if you find a fix, post it here on WF. Could be useful info for somebody else...
Paperwork is just paperwork. It's not yours until you take delivery and the title is put in your name. You had every opportunity to get out of it, but from your story it doesn't even appear that you asked the question. The worst that could have happened is that you may have lost your deposit, if in fact you even put one down.

Now as far as a solution, if it bothers you that much, open your wallet and purchase a new interior.
__________________
Tom

"I've got two things in this world, my balls and my word and I don't break them for no one."
daggo66 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-28-2011, 07:01 AM   #23
jcf
Bludger

WF Supporting Member
 
jcf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Moab UT
Posts: 12,823
Send a message via Yahoo to jcf
Personally I don't like it but if you drive it for a while it may grow on you. Then if it is still a problem as daggo66 said, fork out the money & change it It's not worth all the hassle of trying to take it back & the dealer isn't really to blame I don't think.
Could be worse, lime green interior would be really bad
jcf is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-28-2011, 07:04 AM   #24
The Bad Guy

WF Supporting Member
 
daggo66's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NJ exile living in Baltimore
Posts: 22,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcf View Post
Personally I don't like it but if you drive it for a while it may grow on you. Then if it is still a problem as daggo66 said, fork out the money & change it It's not worth all the hassle of trying to take it back & the dealer isn't really to blame I don't think.
Could be worse, lime green interior would be really bad
I'm not trying to me mean, just stating the facts. There is no taking back, it's simply not an option unless they have not titled the vehicle.
__________________
Tom

"I've got two things in this world, my balls and my word and I don't break them for no one."
daggo66 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-28-2011, 07:04 AM   #25
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
AMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Near Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 289
Images: 1
Brown only works with certain exterior colors in my opinion, and black is not one of them. It looks good with white in my opinion (what I ordered), perhaps the cherry red pearlcoat and the tan that is no longer in production, but that's about it.

You should have kept working with the dealer or did what others suggested, built your own. Never buy something when your first reaction is like you described. You are going to kick yourself the entire time you own it, caveat emptor.
AMangum is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-28-2011, 07:05 AM   #26
The Bad Guy

WF Supporting Member
 
daggo66's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NJ exile living in Baltimore
Posts: 22,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMangum View Post
Brown only works with certain exterior colors in my opinion, and black is not one of them. It looks good with white in my opinion (what I ordered), perhaps the cherry red pearlcoat and the tan that is no longer in production, but that's about it.

Keep working with the dealer or do what others suggested, build your own. Do not buy something you reacted like that upon seeing. You will kick yourself the entire time you own it.
He already bought it.
__________________
Tom

"I've got two things in this world, my balls and my word and I don't break them for no one."
daggo66 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-28-2011, 07:07 AM   #27
jcf
Bludger

WF Supporting Member
 
jcf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Moab UT
Posts: 12,823
Send a message via Yahoo to jcf
Quote:
Originally Posted by daggo66 View Post
I'm not trying to me mean, just stating the facts. There is no taking back, it's simply not an option unless they have not titled the vehicle.
No I didn't think you were, he is asking for advice & you are honest with your reply
jcf is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-28-2011, 07:08 AM   #28
Jeeper
 
cu in oz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: South Coast of Massachusetts
Posts: 620
Well.......you didnt say a Ford Fairmount before....THAT would turn off anyonne.

As to the brown, I like it. I also think you really need to consider just how badly you hate the brown? It looks great, will be cooler, will show off the interior better then the all black, and of course.............your stuck with it! I agree with Tom.....its you new JEEP now.

I think a new interior would be VERY expensive and dying the leather could work.....again expensive......but what about the other trim bits? THAT would be hard.

Last thought--------Seat covers.
__________________
'11 Sahara Tan Sport "S" H/T 6spd
cu in oz is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-28-2011, 07:10 AM   #29
The Bad Guy

WF Supporting Member
 
daggo66's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NJ exile living in Baltimore
Posts: 22,199
__________________
Tom

"I've got two things in this world, my balls and my word and I don't break them for no one."
daggo66 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-28-2011, 07:20 AM   #30
MTH
Jeeper
 
MTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 8,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by daggo66
Smooth your skirt down and suck it up. No one forced you to buy it. You could have refused after seeing it, but you didn't. You should have asked the question as to what dark saddle meant. There is no advice to give you. As soon as they submit that title, it's yours and nothing can be done. They won't take it back because it would have to be sold as a used vehicle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by daggo66

Paperwork is just paperwork. It's not yours until you take delivery and the title is put in your name. You had every opportunity to get out of it, but from your story it doesn't even appear that you asked the question. The worst that could have happened is that you may have lost your deposit, if in fact you even put one down.

Now as far as a solution, if it bothers you that much, open your wallet and purchase a new interior.
^This. When you drove off the lot, you made the decision.

Your options at this point are to sell it used with just a few miles, lose a few thousand bucks on it being "used," and order/find a new one, or just get over it. I'd recommend getting over it.

__________________
Mike
2010 JKU "Mountain" Edition
TeraFlex 2.5" Coil Lift : Old Man Emu Nitrocharger Shocks : 33x12.5R15 Goodyear DuraTracs : 15x8 Black Rock 909s : Other Stuff . . .
MTH is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First Time Vehicle Buyer Looking For Advice Please small3687 Off-Topic 14 11-09-2010 09:58 AM
New From Indiana and need advice conleyba WF New Member Check In 10 09-02-2010 03:04 PM
First Time vehicle Buyer Looking For Advice Please small3687 Pennsylvania Jeep Forum 0 07-14-2010 09:54 PM
Advice on Suspension lifts for a Wrangler 4 Door cru9 JK General Discussion Forum 1 07-05-2010 08:57 PM
Purchasing LJ Rubicon advice needed Jp90Talon General Jeep Discussion 7 04-18-2010 07:45 PM



» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:53 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC