AEV 2.5 Lift Kit - Page 4 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 02-15-2012, 05:54 PM   #91
MallCrawler

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
kjeeper10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 31,493
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris.george

I'm glad you're trying this. I was 100% curious about it and wanted to try it out myself. I hope you do a write up! (and too bad I couldn't help to come learn )


I can

__________________
2007 Rubicon/Rock Krawler TR 2.5 coils/rear TB/Rancho 9000 31/32XL shocks/Teraflex monster TB/Synergy highsteer,tie rod, ball joints/Hankook MT 315-75-16 on Level 8 ZX's/MC front SB links/Rancho geo brackets & shocks/Fox ATS stabilizer/Adams front DS=Frankinlift from hell.

Lifting your JK? Read this!!



Click HERE to become a WranglerForum Supporting Member!
kjeeper10 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-15-2012, 06:40 PM   #92
Jeeper
 
Crush2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Orlando
Posts: 43
How difficult would it be to install this lift? Or how much can I expect it to cost to have installed. I have no experience in installing lifts at all.

Crush2012 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-15-2012, 06:43 PM   #93
Jeeper
 
chris.george's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Mountain View, CA
Posts: 773
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjeeper10 View Post


I can
I hate joo.
__________________
First, gather your facts; then, distort them at your leisure.
— Mark Twain
chris.george is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-15-2012, 07:07 PM   #94
Jeeper
 
gluestick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris.george View Post
I'm glad you're trying this. I was 100% curious about it and wanted to try it out myself. I hope you do a write up! (and too bad I couldn't help to come learn )
Wish you could come over too! I will do a write up with Ken's expert photography.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjeeper10 View Post


I can
Counting on it, bro. This will be fun- I'll make it more fun (and safe) with a fresh sawzall blade!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crush2012 View Post
How difficult would it be to install this lift? Or how much can I expect it to cost to have installed. I have no experience in installing lifts at all.
Nobody has any experience installing lifts until they do their first one. I very highly recommend that you instal this or any other lift kit yourself, if humanly possible. Find a Jeep friend, or anyone relatively mechanically capable (can they turn a wrench or operate a ratchet? That all you need). There is absolutely no better way to learn about how your Jeep's suspension (and a few other systems) work then to do this yourself. Plan a weekend, start early on Saturday, that way you know you will be done on time if yours is a Monday DD. Read and study the stickies on the top of the forum page (lift reviews, dw prevention, and replacing stock bolts), make sure you have the tools (pretty simple common tools are all you need, make sure you have the right size box wrenches and sockets, as well as a torque wrench) and quality floor jack/wheel chocks, and a pair of jackstands (and you know how to use them all safely).

It's really not terribly difficult, and you will find it incredibly rewarding. A shop can and will charge you anywhere from $300 up (I have read a few outrageous quotes on the forums) for work most any joe-shmoe with a little gumption and elbow grease can do in their garage or driveway, typically in 8 hours or less. If you have any apprehension, hook up with a fellow jeeper from this forum or a local club, most guys are happy to jump in and help a newbie lift kit instal, and typically are pretty happy with some beer and pizza. I don't really like the guy that helps me, so he only gets water, and sometimes ice to go with it, if he works hard enough . Don't be afraid to ask questions and educate yourself before you turn the first bolt, there is a whole world of knowledge on this forum.
__________________
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
gluestick is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-15-2012, 07:08 PM   #95
MallCrawler

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
kjeeper10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 31,493
Edit: like this clown here ^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris.george

I hate joo.
Lol...

But seriously... Browse around your local WF.
Way back- I posted looking for help-no luck. You have to find someone who has similar plans/goals for their jeep, and in the same situation as yourself- offer to help.
Earn each others trust. Soon enough you will both have jeeps that look like this
Attached Images
 
__________________
2007 Rubicon/Rock Krawler TR 2.5 coils/rear TB/Rancho 9000 31/32XL shocks/Teraflex monster TB/Synergy highsteer,tie rod, ball joints/Hankook MT 315-75-16 on Level 8 ZX's/MC front SB links/Rancho geo brackets & shocks/Fox ATS stabilizer/Adams front DS=Frankinlift from hell.

Lifting your JK? Read this!!



Click HERE to become a WranglerForum Supporting Member!
kjeeper10 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-15-2012, 07:20 PM   #96
Jeeper
 
Crush2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Orlando
Posts: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by gluestick View Post



Nobody has any experience installing lifts until they do their first one. I very highly recommend that you instal this or any other lift kit yourself, if humanly possible. Find a Jeep friend, or anyone relatively mechanically capable (can they turn a wrench or operate a ratchet? That all you need). There is absolutely no better way to learn about how your Jeep's suspension (and a few other systems) work then to do this yourself. Plan a weekend, start early on Saturday, that way you know you will be done on time if yours is a Monday DD. Read and study the stickies on the top of the forum page (lift reviews, dw prevention, and replacing stock bolts), make sure you have the tools (pretty simple common tools are all you need, make sure you have the right size box wrenches and sockets, as well as a torque wrench) and quality floor jack/wheel chocks, and a pair of jackstands (and you know how to use them all safely).

It's really not terribly difficult, and you will find it incredibly rewarding. A shop can and will charge you anywhere from $300 up (I have read a few outrageous quotes on the forums) for work most any joe-shmoe with a little gumption and elbow grease can do in their garage or driveway, typically in 8 hours or less. If you have any apprehension, hook up with a fellow jeeper from this forum or a local club, most guys are happy to jump in and help a newbie lift kit instal, and typically are pretty happy with some beer and pizza. I don't really like the guy that helps me, so he only gets water, and sometimes ice to go with it, if he works hard enough . Don't be afraid to ask questions and educate yourself before you turn the first bolt, there is a whole world of knowledge on this forum.
Thanks Gluestick, the forum has been very informative. I will seriously consider installing a lift in the near future. Seems like it could be fun.
Crush2012 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-15-2012, 08:12 PM   #97
Jeeper
 
chris.george's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Mountain View, CA
Posts: 773
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjeeper10 View Post
Edit: like this clown here ^^^
Some just might... ha ha
__________________
First, gather your facts; then, distort them at your leisure.
— Mark Twain
chris.george is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-15-2012, 08:18 PM   #98
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
KarlG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Syracuse, NY
Posts: 626
Images: 9
I'm looking forward to this lift on my JKR
__________________
1f u c4n r34d th1s u r3411y n33d t0 g37 141d 4nd 570p r34d1ng 51g5 0n f0rum5
KarlG is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-15-2012, 08:20 PM   #99
Jeeper
 
chris.george's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Mountain View, CA
Posts: 773
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbwwolf View Post
That's an extremely good question, and one that I'm still wrestling with. Gonna regear end of May or early June...and still haven't decided.

The more I drive mine, and read comments here and on other forums, the more I'm convinced that 4.10's are perfect for the 3.6 engine and 35's.

On the other hand, $1500 is an awful lot of cash to drop on changing to one lower gear ratio.

Complicating matters is the fact that 4.56's are few and far between...many shops have difficulty getting them, and therefore recommend either 4.10's or 4.88's.

The deciding factor will probably come in April...I usually drive to the East Coast for a week or two then, for a multitude of niece and nephew b-days in several states. I think a trip through the mountains of PA will clear things up nicely.

I hope.

AEV has some recommendations if you read between the lines:
American Expedition Vehicles - Product Forums - View Single Post - 2012 and Procal - Auto not shifting correctly
__________________
First, gather your facts; then, distort them at your leisure.
— Mark Twain
chris.george is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-16-2012, 04:53 PM   #100
Jeeper
 
stevebanzai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: South NJ
Posts: 475
I am highly considering getting this lift instead of the TF 2.5" coil lift.
__________________
shatter convention with your own invention.
stevebanzai is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-16-2012, 05:04 PM   #101
Jeeper
 
gluestick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 714
Can't imagine the coils are much different than the TF, you should price what the TF kit would be adding on the bilsteins.
__________________
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
gluestick is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-16-2012, 05:11 PM   #102
Jeeper
 
stevebanzai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: South NJ
Posts: 475
It'd be 750 from Northridge for the TF with bilsteins.


I like the fact that the shocks are tuned to those specific coils. The kit overall looks great. Not sure why the driveshaft needs to be disconnected though.
__________________
shatter convention with your own invention.
stevebanzai is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-16-2012, 06:49 PM   #103
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
KarlG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Syracuse, NY
Posts: 626
Images: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by gluestick View Post
Can't imagine the coils are much different than the TF, you should price what the TF kit would be adding on the bilsteins.
1. AEV coils are triple rate. TF are not.
2. TF kit can be priced with off the shelf Bilsteins with stock travel length, not with custom valve rates set to the springs.
3. TF does not include rear track bar
Not an apples to apples comparison, IMO. TF kit with TF shocks (DT, Monroe or Gabriel) or off the shelf Bilsteins (preferable IMO) maybe the right choice for some people. AEV for others.
__________________
1f u c4n r34d th1s u r3411y n33d t0 g37 141d 4nd 570p r34d1ng 51g5 0n f0rum5
KarlG is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-16-2012, 07:11 PM   #104
Jeeper
 
stevebanzai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: South NJ
Posts: 475
AEV is the choice for me after doing some research. I am very impressed with them.
__________________
shatter convention with your own invention.
stevebanzai is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-16-2012, 07:18 PM   #105
Jeeper
 
gluestick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlG View Post

Not an apples to apples comparison, IMO.
I agree 100%, but we all need to keep in perspective this is for a 2.5" lift kit. Not to put down 2.5" kits, I run one myself, but when you are closing in on dropping $1000, IMO you may want to consider going taller or shopping for another less expensive 2.5" kit and using the $$$ for other toys like tires, adjustable LCA's, etc.

2.5" is a relatively safe height, in that there is not too much unpredictability in what problems you may encounter as a result of the added height, and it really is hard to find a bad kit at this height. Not too much to screw up, and many bad reviews on any given kit seem to come from inexperienced installers who make fundamental mistakes or flat out don't bother reading and following the manufacturers instructions. Common complaints of "bad" kits are shock stiffness/coil action and these are personal taste things, and some kits ride smoother than others on pavement, while others excel in harsh offroad conditions and suck on the highway.

There just really aren't many kits out there anymore with saggy crappy springs that lose their height in the first week or shocks that leak or fail- consumer feedback and the need to put a competitive product out there in this internet forum driven market segment demands these problems are fixed before people buy things. You also see that most bad lift reviews are dated from years ago, and the manufacturer has worked out these problems. Companies that don't listen to and change these problems don't last, and the JK is not a new platform- almost all of the "early adapter" issues in lift kits, be they $150 budget boosts or $2500 full suspension rebuild deals have been engineered out. Overall, however, most would agree that AEV is one of the best, if not the very best at what they do- and they charge you for it.

That being said, it is certainly not my place to tell anyone how to spend their hard earned money , but it just seems steep for a 2.5" kit. If money were no object (the bilsteins are nice ) and I had no desire to go any higher, I would probably buy the very best of everything, even if I was buying mostly for the brand name. To each their own, I am sure it is a great kit and look forward to reading the upcoming reviews. No AEV hate here, just getting on my soapbox.
__________________
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
gluestick is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-16-2012, 07:34 PM   #106
Jeeper
 
stevebanzai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: South NJ
Posts: 475
If I bought the TF kit, and Exhaust spacer kit i'd be out 762 already. Adding the rear track bar i'd be very close to the 899 AEV price tag. So the question is, why wouldn't you go for the AEV? I'm looking for an improvement from stock. The TF kit, sure is an improvement from stock but don't seem to compare to the AEV.
__________________
shatter convention with your own invention.
stevebanzai is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-16-2012, 07:42 PM   #107
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
KarlG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Syracuse, NY
Posts: 626
Images: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by gluestick View Post
I agree 100%, but we all need to keep in perspective this is for a 2.5" lift kit. Not to put down 2.5" kits, I run one myself, but when you are closing in on dropping $1000, IMO you may want to consider going taller or shopping for another less expensive 2.5" kit and using the $$$ for other toys like tires, adjustable LCA's, etc.

2.5" is a relatively safe height, in that there is not too much unpredictability in what problems you may encounter as a result of the added height, and it really is hard to find a bad kit at this height. Not too much to screw up, and many bad reviews on any given kit seem to come from inexperienced installers who make fundamental mistakes or flat out don't bother reading and following the manufacturers instructions. Common complaints of "bad" kits are shock stiffness/coil action and these are personal taste things, and some kits ride smoother than others on pavement, while others excel in harsh offroad conditions and suck on the highway.

There just really aren't many kits out there anymore with saggy crappy springs that lose their height in the first week or shocks that leak or fail- consumer feedback and the need to put a competitive product out there in this internet forum driven market segment demands these problems are fixed before people buy things. You also see that most bad lift reviews are dated from years ago, and the manufacturer has worked out these problems. Companies that don't listen to and change these problems don't last, and the JK is not a new platform- almost all of the "early adapter" issues in lift kits, be they $150 budget boosts or $2500 full suspension rebuild deals have been engineered out. Overall, however, most would agree that AEV is one of the best, if not the very best at what they do- and they charge you for it.

That being said, it is certainly not my place to tell anyone how to spend their hard earned money , but it just seems steep for a 2.5" kit. If money were no object (the bilsteins are nice ) and I had no desire to go any higher, I would probably buy the very best of everything, even if I was buying mostly for the brand name. To each their own, I am sure it is a great kit and look forward to reading the upcoming reviews. No AEV hate here, just getting on my soapbox.
Excellent points

My personal reasons in going 2.5 and not higher contain several factors from reading, reading, reading.

Mine is a 2 door, daily driver with 90% road use and about monthly weekend trail use, and about 5 weeks a year expedition use. 3.5" would be more reasonable lift height to me if I was running a 4 door running with 35" tires for break over angle. For weight, milage, axel and suspension wear and cost - 33" tires will be fine for the 2 door, for my uses. I'll have the option for 35", but will almost assuredly not use them. No exhaust issues, slightly firmer more "european" ride with less brake dive, no driveshaft issues, ability to run bumpers and winch, are icing on the cake

Lot's of Teraflex and RK lifts in our local Jeep club and we had a RK lift party last weekend.
__________________
1f u c4n r34d th1s u r3411y n33d t0 g37 141d 4nd 570p r34d1ng 51g5 0n f0rum5
KarlG is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-16-2012, 07:53 PM   #108
Jeeper
 
gluestick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebanzai View Post
If I bought the TF kit, and Exhaust spacer kit i'd be out 762 already. Adding the rear track bar i'd be very close to the 899 AEV price tag. So the question is, why wouldn't you go for the AEV? I'm looking for an improvement from stock. The TF kit, sure is an improvement from stock but don't seem to compare to the AEV.
Just playing devils advocate here, but at 2.5 inches, the most axle shift you could possibly see is 1/4". That is the most shift you will get, most people will generally have less. It will not affect handling or ride quality, and is purely cosmetic. That being said, the TF kit comes with a rear track bar relo bracket, which addresses this cosmetic issue fully and completely. Unless you are doing some pretty ridiculous offroading (which is generally unlikely at only 2.5"), the relo bracket is already overkill. Hardcore guys that run these brackets sometimes weld them on to beef up the heavy duty bolts you get with the kit. Certainly very trail worthy, either way.

There really is very little need to fully replace the rear track bar at this height. You can, and it won't hurt, but you cold also buy diamond crusted swaybar links to go with the kit, it still won't improve the performance. 2.5" is sweet, and IMHO just right for the JK, but it does not create these dramatic geometry changes that taller kits do, and therefore are pretty user friendly in that you don't really need many extras, so long as you attend to the basics and build up as needed. I'm just saying. It is by all means the "Cadillac" of lift kits, and seems to include every bell and whistle most people can think of, needed or not.

I am not trying to deter you in anyway, and am confident you will love this kit, I am just trying to put in perspective that you may be buying more stuff than you really need for this height.
__________________
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
gluestick is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-16-2012, 07:54 PM   #109
MallCrawler

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
kjeeper10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 31,493
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebanzai
If I bought the TF kit, and Exhaust spacer kit i'd be out 762 already. Adding the rear track bar i'd be very close to the 899 AEV price tag. So the question is, why wouldn't you go for the AEV? I'm looking for an improvement from stock. The TF kit, sure is an improvement from stock but don't seem to compare to the AEV.
Good point Steve.

But what is there to "compare"?
__________________
2007 Rubicon/Rock Krawler TR 2.5 coils/rear TB/Rancho 9000 31/32XL shocks/Teraflex monster TB/Synergy highsteer,tie rod, ball joints/Hankook MT 315-75-16 on Level 8 ZX's/MC front SB links/Rancho geo brackets & shocks/Fox ATS stabilizer/Adams front DS=Frankinlift from hell.

Lifting your JK? Read this!!



Click HERE to become a WranglerForum Supporting Member!
kjeeper10 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-16-2012, 11:10 PM   #110
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
SilverSport's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 19,298
Send a message via Yahoo to SilverSport
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebanzai View Post
AEV is the choice for me after doing some research. I am very impressed with them.
Same here.
__________________
"Own a Jeep and own a piece of history."

"The Hunter is not concerned with the opinion of the Wolf."
SilverSport is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-17-2012, 06:59 AM   #111
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
xj-boonie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hastings, MN
Posts: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlG

1. AEV coils are triple rate. TF are not.
2. TF kit can be priced with off the shelf Bilsteins with stock travel length, not with custom valve rates set to the springs.
3. TF does not include rear track bar
Not an apples to apples comparison, IMO. TF kit with TF shocks (DT, Monroe or Gabriel) or off the shelf Bilsteins (preferable IMO) maybe the right choice for some people. AEV for others.
What about AEV to OME comparison (adding a trackbar and bracket to the OME kit)?
__________________
2012 JKU Rubicon | 7/2 | JS 7/26 | KZ 8/2 | purchased 8/26
Bright Silver Metallic Clear Coat
6 speed manual & 4.10 gears
730 Media Center | Heated seats | Side air bags | Dual Tops
2" AEV spacer lift, spidertrax wheel spacers, ACE rails, RuffStuff diff armor
xj-boonie is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-17-2012, 07:51 AM   #112
Jeeper
 
sneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by xj-boonie View Post
What about AEV to OME comparison (adding a trackbar and bracket to the OME kit)?
Any time you have a shock designed and paired specifically for a tuned spring, it will be a better package; Especially for progressive coils. After getting adjustable track bars and control arms and track bar brackets for my OME kit, I must say; I think the LCA's were the only thing worth adding. I had to remove the rear track bar bracket I had added, and because I was running front and rear adjustable track bars, I had to shorten the rear track bar (shorter than stock) to match the front. I think even AEV mentions on their website, the difference in track bar location with a 2.5" lift is less then 1/4". Not worth correcting. If you do want to correct it, get some adjustables and have at it. If anything, I would just advocate for 2.5" kits that contain matching shocks and springs, and front and rear lower control arms to re-center the wheels in the wheel wells and regain lost wheelbase length. Anything else is overkill. Don't even need brake line extensions with that kit. I'll also add that I'm always amused that kits include longer brake lines or brake line brackets, but no one ever mentions the axle breather hoses, which are certainly shorter than the brake lines
sneck is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-17-2012, 08:30 AM   #113
Jeeper
 
roxbury29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Schererville / Indiana
Posts: 891
Love AEV products !!!! I couldn't wait for the 2.5" lift. I went with the 2" spacer from AEV about 6 months ago. no issues! install went flawlessly only took about 90min's. Now I am considering changing to this lift.... about 900, which really isnt too bad.
If i just change out my shock it will cost me about $400 for some nice bilstein or ranch one's. then wheels/tires// ugh the mod's are endless. nice to dream
roxbury29 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-17-2012, 08:41 AM   #114
Jeeper
 
sneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxbury29 View Post
Love AEV products !!!! I couldn't wait for the 2.5" lift. I went with the 2" spacer from AEV about 6 months ago. no issues! install went flawlessly only took about 90min's. Now I am considering changing to this lift.... about 900, which really isnt too bad.
If i just change out my shock it will cost me about $400 for some nice bilstein or ranch one's. then wheels/tires// ugh the mod's are endless. nice to dream
see, this is why people rag on the AEV kool-aid. I personally think the new aev springs look interesting, but getting excited over spacers?

you'd get the same performance from a hockey puck with a hole in it!
sneck is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-17-2012, 10:37 AM   #115
Jeeper
 
gluestick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneck View Post
see, this is why people rag on the AEV kool-aid. I personally think the new aev springs look interesting, but getting excited over spacers?

you'd get the same performance from a hockey puck with a hole in it!
My hockey pucks say "Rough Country" on them and cost $100 dollars less...
__________________
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
gluestick is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-17-2012, 11:05 AM   #116
MallCrawler

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
kjeeper10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 31,493
Quote:
Originally Posted by gluestick

My hockey pucks say "Rough Country" on them and cost $100 dollars less...
Are AEV "pucks" metal?
__________________
2007 Rubicon/Rock Krawler TR 2.5 coils/rear TB/Rancho 9000 31/32XL shocks/Teraflex monster TB/Synergy highsteer,tie rod, ball joints/Hankook MT 315-75-16 on Level 8 ZX's/MC front SB links/Rancho geo brackets & shocks/Fox ATS stabilizer/Adams front DS=Frankinlift from hell.

Lifting your JK? Read this!!



Click HERE to become a WranglerForum Supporting Member!
kjeeper10 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-17-2012, 11:07 AM   #117
Jeeper
 
gluestick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjeeper10 View Post
Are AEV "pucks" metal?
Nope. RC is the only brand that does metal spacers, that is why I went with them.
__________________
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
gluestick is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-20-2012, 10:17 AM   #118
Jeeper
 
Chunks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: St. Charles, IL
Posts: 125
AEV Lift

Greetings,

My first post to the WF. Anyway, just received my AEV 2.5 lift today (Brilsteins and all) looking forward to getting it installed in the next week or so on my 2012 JKU.

Jim
Chunks is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-20-2012, 10:34 AM   #119
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
basecamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: MN
Posts: 1,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunks View Post
Greetings,

My first post to the WF. Anyway, just received my AEV 2.5 lift today (Brilsteins and all) looking forward to getting it installed in the next week or so on my 2012 JKU.

Jim
Jim Welcome

Can't wait for your thoughts on the install as well as post install ride and handling thoughts
__________________
2012 JKUR Black Forest Green
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/bas...ld-128626.html
basecamper is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-20-2012, 10:51 AM   #120
Jeeper
 
Mastersonics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Rincón, Puerto Rico
Posts: 418


I'm getting my 2012 JKU Rubicon tomorrow and this is the lift I'm thinking of going for but still have questions...

I will be doing 20" wheels with 35 tires and my concern is still with the drive shaft hitting the exhaust and some tire rubbing etc...

In the mean time I'm hoping of someone with my same dimension tires/wheels that could finally tried this lift and report back...

cheers,
Charles

Mastersonics is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
4" or 6" lift on 33's? Briangr TJ General Discussion Forum 51 09-11-2012 10:07 PM
1984-2001 Jeep XJ Cherokee Lift Kits 3-4.5" with Full Rear Packs FREE SHIPPING Baseline 4x4 Outfitters Vendor Spotlight! Great Deals for Members. 2 03-06-2012 09:24 AM
Zone 3 inch suspension lift or BDS 2 inch Suspension Lift with a 1 inch body lift 4bangersampler TJ General Discussion Forum 10 03-22-2011 04:11 PM
Lift question Beaver5 YJ Tech Forum 9 02-08-2011 11:06 PM
Body lift or no body lift?? savinlives2448 TJ Tech Forum 8 03-23-2009 10:38 PM



» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:34 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC