AEV price control - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 08-03-2013, 08:24 AM   #1
Jeeper
 
TxJprs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Pearland, TX
Posts: 167
AEV price control

Can't seem to find a place that offers any kind of discounted price on AEV product. Almost every other manufacturer I can find different pricing and levels of discounts between online/offline retailers. Yes, I always try to get good deals and not pay 'retail'. AEV seems to be only sold at 'retail'. Will someone please PM me the trick to getting better than 'retail' pricing on AEV.

TxJprs is offline   Quick Reply
Old 08-03-2013, 08:32 AM   #2
Jeeper
 
smitty141's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Hooterville Mo
Posts: 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxJprs View Post
Can't seem to find a place that offers any kind of discounted price on AEV product. Almost every other manufacturer I can find different pricing and levels of discounts between online/offline retailers. Yes, I always try to get good deals and not pay 'retail'. AEV seems to be only sold at 'retail'. Will someone please PM me the trick to getting better than 'retail' pricing on AEV.

Good luck, I just bought a lift and geo brackets. I could not find a deal anywhere..

Smitty

__________________
Smitty from Hooterville
2013 Wrangler Sport True Blue 2 Dr., 3.73"s Auto,
AEV 2.5 Dualsport lift. bilstein shocks, AEV Geo. Brackets. GY Dura Trac 315-70-17 on Strike 5 wheels

2012 KTM 990 Adventure
smitty141 is offline   Quick Reply
Old 08-03-2013, 08:32 AM   #3
Sponsoring Vendor
 
JPi1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: So Cal
Posts: 4,626
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxJprs View Post
Can't seem to find a place that offers any kind of discounted price on AEV product. Almost every other manufacturer I can find different pricing and levels of discounts between online/offline retailers. Yes, I always try to get good deals and not pay 'retail'. AEV seems to be only sold at 'retail'. Will someone please PM me the trick to getting better than 'retail' pricing on AEV.
Good luck, Aev is way too proud of their products that are not up to par with most other manufactures. The only AEV products we sell are the Procals and the D44 rear diff skids. Their suspension systems aren't even close to the quality and superior design of Rock Krawler.
__________________
32215 Dunlap Blvd.
Yucaipa, CA
92399
877-795-JEEP
Www.jeeperformanceinc.com
www.facebook.com/Jeeperformanceinc
JPi1 is offline   Quick Reply
Old 08-03-2013, 08:35 AM   #4
Jeeper
 
sgtkersh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxJprs View Post
Can't seem to find a place that offers any kind of discounted price on AEV product. Almost every other manufacturer I can find different pricing and levels of discounts between online/offline retailers. Yes, I always try to get good deals and not pay 'retail'. AEV seems to be only sold at 'retail'. Will someone please PM me the trick to getting better than 'retail' pricing on AEV.
I believe AEV doesn't allow discounts and remove a vendor from being a seller if they catch them discounting. AEV stes the prices and that's it.


Sent from AutoGuide.com App
__________________
2013 JKU Sport, Sahara tires/rims - everything else in progress
sgtkersh is offline   Quick Reply
Old 08-03-2013, 08:36 AM   #5
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Newark DE
Posts: 1,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPi1 View Post
Good luck, Aev is way too proud of their products that are not up to par with most other manufactures. The only AEV products we sell are the Procals and the D44 rear diff skids. Their suspension systems aren't even close to the quality and superior design of Rock Krawler.
This isn't going to turn into one of "those" threads is it?
Doctorsti is offline   Quick Reply
Old 08-03-2013, 08:46 AM   #6
Jeeper
 
wassup8687's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,975
I noticed the same thing which is one of the reasons I went with the Superchips FlashCal.

Amazon has them discounted and it has a much better user interface.

Amazon.com: Superchips 3570 FlashCal for Jeep Wrangler JK: Automotive
wassup8687 is offline   Quick Reply
Old 08-03-2013, 09:57 AM   #7
Jeeper
 
Scott2373's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Williamson, NY
Posts: 1,134
AEV does not discount their products, nor do they allow them to be discounted. Personally, I don't buy from companies like that, because I feel that their quality control can slip yet people will still buy their products only because they cost more, therefore they must be higher quality. Not to mention, people like to pay through the nose for bragging rights and exclusivity. I have a close friend that's been in the off-road business for over 15 years and he's experienced poor quality control with AEV and Rigid Lighting lying through their teeth regarding their "Made in the USA" claims. They're actually "assembled" in the USA with Chinese parts. Do your research and do the free market a favor by being an educated consumer!
__________________
2013 Sport in Commando Green
3.73 Gears, A/C, 6-Speed
/_|o[___]o
[I---L-OllllllO
-
()_)()_)=°°=)_)
MOLON LABE
Scott2373 is offline   Quick Reply
Old 08-03-2013, 11:37 AM   #8
Jeeper
 
lysol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Fairfax, VA
Posts: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott2373 View Post
AEV does not discount their products, nor do they allow them to be discounted. Personally, I don't buy from companies like that, because I feel that their quality control can slip yet people will still buy their products only because they cost more, therefore they must be higher quality. Not to mention, people like to pay through the nose for bragging rights and exclusivity. I have a close friend that's been in the off-road business for over 15 years and he's experienced poor quality control with AEV and Rigid Lighting lying through their teeth regarding their "Made in the USA" claims. They're actually "assembled" in the USA with Chinese parts. Do your research and do the free market a favor by being an educated consumer!

Do you hate people that drive anything nice?

Honestly... AEV are one of the few companies that blatantly state that some of their parts are made in China right on their website.

I have used Rigid Lighting for a while now and they are a great product.

You are arguing that they "might" slide on their QC in the future because they believe in their product and won't offer discounts. While it is a possibility, it's still an assumption. To each their own. If you feel they are too expensive, then I could understand why you think they are crap...
__________________
MINE > '14 JKUR (Fully Loaded minus NAV) Anvil
7/25 Ordered | 7/30 "D" | 8/5 "D1" | 8/23 "G" | 8/23 "JB" | 9/3 "KZ" | 9/16 "Keys in Hand"
Order time - 53 days

HERS > '13 WK2 Grand Cherokee Overland Summit V8 (Black Leather) Mineral Grey
lysol is offline   Quick Reply
Old 08-03-2013, 11:41 AM   #9
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by lysol View Post
Do you hate people that drive anything nice?

Honestly... AEV are one of the few companies that blatantly state that some of their parts are made in China right on their website.

I have used Rigid Lighting for a while now and they are a great product.

You are arguing that they "might" slide on their QC in the future because they believe in their product and won't offer discounts. While it is a possibility, it's still an assumption. To each their own. If you feel they are too expensive, then I could understand why you think they are crap...

A lot of folks take issue with the most expensive products rebadging and selling Chinese wares....I don't have any AEV products but if I'm paying top dollar I want to see a Made in USA stamp on the thing.
DIXIEDOG is offline   Quick Reply
Old 08-03-2013, 11:47 AM   #10
Jeeper
 
lysol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Fairfax, VA
Posts: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIXIEDOG View Post
A lot of folks take issue with the most expensive products rebadging and selling Chinese wares....I don't have any AEV products but if I'm paying top dollar I want to see a Made in USA stamp on the thing.
I can understand that for some things. But this is 2013. While I try to buy as much American made items that I can, it just isn't easy. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and I'm not trying to bash anyone.

I mean, if most people knew where the meat at the local grocery store came from, they might be disgusted... That's why I will only go to local butchers from now on.

I just know that Rigid's lights are top notch. I put them on my dad's jeep and they are very high quality.
__________________
MINE > '14 JKUR (Fully Loaded minus NAV) Anvil
7/25 Ordered | 7/30 "D" | 8/5 "D1" | 8/23 "G" | 8/23 "JB" | 9/3 "KZ" | 9/16 "Keys in Hand"
Order time - 53 days

HERS > '13 WK2 Grand Cherokee Overland Summit V8 (Black Leather) Mineral Grey
lysol is offline   Quick Reply
Old 08-03-2013, 12:07 PM   #11
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Trapjaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: San Francisco, Ca
Posts: 442
Companies that have great products that are in high demand don't have to discount. Im sure if they saw a decline in sales they would offer more discounts but i don't see that happening anytime soon. I hope to install my AEV front bumper and Warn winch on Sunday!
__________________
Sean
----------------------------------------
2013 True Blue Pearl Coat Unlimited Rubicon
Auto/4.10/Dual Top/Connectivity/Heated Leather/Max Tow/Auto AC/Remote Start/730N
2010 Black Unlimited Rubicon - sold
2007 Black Rubicon - sold

My 2013 Triple Blue Unlimited Rubicon Build Thread
Trapjaw is offline   Quick Reply
Old 08-03-2013, 12:20 PM   #12
Jeeper
 
RKracing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Hawthorne,Ca.
Posts: 789
it's B.S. bro
__________________
1984 CJ7 3" lift 33" tires Hard ass ride.....(Gone)
2010 Rubicon Flame Red 2 door 2.5" 35" BFG's....(Gone)
2011 Rubicon Flame Red Unlimited.........(Gone)
2013 Rubicon Deep Cherry Red JKU 3" 35's.....
2013 Rubicon Commando 2 door (Gone)
2013 Rubicon Commando 2 door 4" Teraflex 37" BFG.....
RKracing is offline   Quick Reply
Old 08-03-2013, 12:40 PM   #13
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Newark DE
Posts: 1,259
Just an observation but I don't see Teraflex discounting it's products either but don't read a whole lot of Teraflex hate.
Doctorsti is offline   Quick Reply
Old 08-03-2013, 12:48 PM   #14
Jeeper
 
RKracing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Hawthorne,Ca.
Posts: 789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctorsti View Post
Just an observation but I don't see Teraflex discounting it's products either but don't read a whole lot of Teraflex hate.
Are you serious!!!! Everyone discounts Teraflex.
__________________
1984 CJ7 3" lift 33" tires Hard ass ride.....(Gone)
2010 Rubicon Flame Red 2 door 2.5" 35" BFG's....(Gone)
2011 Rubicon Flame Red Unlimited.........(Gone)
2013 Rubicon Deep Cherry Red JKU 3" 35's.....
2013 Rubicon Commando 2 door (Gone)
2013 Rubicon Commando 2 door 4" Teraflex 37" BFG.....
RKracing is offline   Quick Reply
Old 08-03-2013, 04:37 PM   #15
Jeeper
 
igivup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 280
AEV, Apple, you will be hard put to find a discounted price on these. Personally I don't mind that, because I know that wherever I buy it from, I am paying the same as everyone else. If I didn't think it was worth the asking price, I wouldn't buy it. I think it's only fair that everybody pays the same.
igivup is offline   Quick Reply
Old 08-03-2013, 04:51 PM   #16
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
DallasJKU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Dallas
Posts: 875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctorsti View Post
This isn't going to turn into one of "those" threads is it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPi1 View Post
Good luck, Aev is way too proud of their products that are not up to par with most other manufactures. The only AEV products we sell are the Procals and the D44 rear diff skids. Their suspension systems aren't even close to the quality and superior design of Rock Krawler.
Love when vendors bash other products. Super classy especially when your opinion of the product wasn't asked for!!
__________________
My build thread: http://www.wranglerforum.com/f314/my...ld-229044.html
DallasJKU is offline   Quick Reply
Old 08-03-2013, 06:20 PM   #17
Sponsoring Vendor
 
JPi1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: So Cal
Posts: 4,626
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasJKU View Post

Love when vendors bash other products. Super classy especially when your opinion of the product wasn't asked for!!
Not bashing, in fact I stated we use some of their products. People are asking because they want help deciding. You ask for help on the forum with knowing not everyone likes or supports a particular product. We have tried to stock and sell their products so we could provide customers with another choice. Aev is very hard to deal with and the break they give vendors isn't worth the time and shipping. Sorry to disappoint. There's other choices where the manufacture is ready and willing to do whatever it takes to meet the vendor and customer happy. Sorry that AEV isn't on that long list.
__________________
32215 Dunlap Blvd.
Yucaipa, CA
92399
877-795-JEEP
Www.jeeperformanceinc.com
www.facebook.com/Jeeperformanceinc
JPi1 is offline   Quick Reply
Old 08-03-2013, 06:40 PM   #18
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
DallasJKU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Dallas
Posts: 875
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPi1 View Post

Not bashing, in fact I stated we use some of their products. People are asking because they want help deciding. You ask for help on the forum with knowing not everyone likes or supports a particular product. We have tried to stock and sell their products so we could provide customers with another choice. Aev is very hard to deal with and the break they give vendors isn't worth the time and shipping. Sorry to disappoint. There's other choices where the manufacture is ready and willing to do whatever it takes to meet the vendor and customer happy. Sorry that AEV isn't on that long list.
I've rode in both AEV and RK. RK isn't better in the ride quality category. I agree they charge retail for everything. Then again OP didn't ask whether AEV was a good lift. Asked about pricing!!
__________________
My build thread: http://www.wranglerforum.com/f314/my...ld-229044.html
DallasJKU is offline   Quick Reply
Old 08-03-2013, 06:53 PM   #19
MallCrawler

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
kjeeper10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 35,331
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasJKU View Post

I've rode in both AEV and RK. RK isn't better in the ride quality category. I agree they charge retail for everything. Then again OP didn't ask whether AEV was a good lift. Asked about pricing!!
X2

I think the OP got his answer
__________________
2007 Rubicon/Rock Krawler triple rate 2.5" coils/RK rear TB w/ a teraflex raised bracket/Rancho 9000 31/32XL shocks/Synergy flipped draglink,ball joints,tie rod /Hankook MT 315-75-16 on Level 8 ZX's/Rancho geo brackets/Ruff stuff uppers/Fox ATS stabilizer/Adams front DS/Artec front armor w/ Currie upper bushings/Rancho cat back exhaust.

Lifting your JK? Read this!!



Click HERE to become a WranglerForum Supporting Member!
kjeeper10 is online now   Quick Reply
Old 08-03-2013, 06:54 PM   #20
Jeeper
 
RKracing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Hawthorne,Ca.
Posts: 789
"I've rode in both AEV and RK. RK isn't better in the ride quality category. I agree they charge retail for everything. Then again OP didn't ask whether AEV was a good lift. Asked about pricing!!"


Well I for one do appreciate a shop (JPi1) commenting on issues with the inside facts and his experience on the vendor.
__________________
1984 CJ7 3" lift 33" tires Hard ass ride.....(Gone)
2010 Rubicon Flame Red 2 door 2.5" 35" BFG's....(Gone)
2011 Rubicon Flame Red Unlimited.........(Gone)
2013 Rubicon Deep Cherry Red JKU 3" 35's.....
2013 Rubicon Commando 2 door (Gone)
2013 Rubicon Commando 2 door 4" Teraflex 37" BFG.....
RKracing is offline   Quick Reply
Old 08-03-2013, 07:07 PM   #21
Jeeper
 
jadmt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: missoula
Posts: 6,231
Dave Harrington is doing something right he is a self made millionaire.
jadmt is offline   Quick Reply
Old 08-03-2013, 07:12 PM   #22
Jeeper
 
5150Rubicon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: CT
Posts: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPi1 View Post
Not bashing, in fact I stated we use some of their products. People are asking because they want help deciding. You ask for help on the forum with knowing not everyone likes or supports a particular product. We have tried to stock and sell their products so we could provide customers with another choice. Aev is very hard to deal with and the break they give vendors isn't worth the time and shipping. Sorry to disappoint. There's other choices where the manufacture is ready and willing to do whatever it takes to meet the vendor and customer happy. So,rry that AEV isn't on that long list.
Vendors bashing a product on a forum is laughable....specially under the guise of 'helping'. You even mention in your own post that aev is hard for YOU to deal with. No ody cares how aev is for YOU to deal with. So your advice to all of us is 'please buy the stuff from us that makes US the most money'? Seems clear who we might not want to take advice from, huh?

I own a business. Discounts, coupons, etc is all a big game. A good product needs no discount. Period.
__________________
"Just when I thought you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this... and totally redeem yourself!"
5150Rubicon is offline   Quick Reply
Old 08-03-2013, 07:22 PM   #23
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Newark DE
Posts: 1,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5150Rubicon View Post
Vendors bashing a product on a forum is laughable....specially under the guise of 'helping'. You even mention in your own post that aev is hard for YOU to deal with. No ody cares how aev is for YOU to deal with. So your advice to all of us is 'please buy the stuff from us that makes US the most money'? Seems clear who we might not want to take advice from, huh?

I own a business. Discounts, coupons, etc is all a big game. A good product needs no discount. Period.
x2, this vendor probably should take a second to realize how these couple posts come across. OP asks where he might find a discount on AEV, Vendor bashes AEV lifts saying they can't hold a candle to other manufacturers.... then announces they don't like carrying them because they can't mark up the shiznit out of it.....

While I have been researching lifts, AEV is on the list near the top but the other half of searching for a lift is searching for a vendor to buy that lift from... I'm fairly certain Jeep Performance Inc isn't on the list.

I'm also fairly confident in saying price fixing is a good way to level the playing field for vendors so larger volume shops can't discount and profit off volume killing the little guys that can't afford to slash margins. Ever heard of WalMart?
Doctorsti is offline   Quick Reply
Old 08-03-2013, 07:44 PM   #24
Sponsoring Vendor
 
JPi1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: So Cal
Posts: 4,626
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5150Rubicon View Post

Vendors bashing a product on a forum is laughable....specially under the guise of 'helping'. You even mention in your own post that aev is hard for YOU to deal with. No ody cares how aev is for YOU to deal with. So your advice to all of us is 'please buy the stuff from us that makes US the most money'? Seems clear who we might not want to take advice from, huh?

I own a business. Discounts, coupons, etc is all a big game. A good product needs no discount. Period.
Maybe you should have told the op good products don't need a discount in the first place. So when you sell something, on say, craigslist, you never let the buyer talk you down, or get a discount?
And by the way, is it an off road or jeep business that you own?
And finally, I'm sure there's plenty of people on this and other forums that are very happy that someone told them about jeeps when they asked "is there anyone who gives discounts on Land Rovers?", even though they weren't asking about jeeps.
__________________
32215 Dunlap Blvd.
Yucaipa, CA
92399
877-795-JEEP
Www.jeeperformanceinc.com
www.facebook.com/Jeeperformanceinc
JPi1 is offline   Quick Reply
Old 08-03-2013, 07:45 PM   #25
Sponsoring Vendor
 
JPi1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: So Cal
Posts: 4,626
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctorsti View Post

x2, this vendor probably should take a second to realize how these couple posts come across. OP asks where he might find a discount on AEV, Vendor bashes AEV lifts saying they can't hold a candle to other manufacturers.... then announces they don't like carrying them because they can't mark up the shiznit out of it.....

While I have been researching lifts, AEV is on the list near the top but the other half of searching for a lift is searching for a vendor to buy that lift from... I'm fairly certain Jeep Performance Inc isn't on the list.

I'm also fairly confident in saying price fixing is a good way to level the playing field for vendors so larger volume shops can't discount and profit off volume killing the little guys that can't afford to slash margins. Ever heard of WalMart?
I never mentioned "mark up" did I? I gladly pass on discounts I get to my customers, if the manf offers them, just look around this forum.
__________________
32215 Dunlap Blvd.
Yucaipa, CA
92399
877-795-JEEP
Www.jeeperformanceinc.com
www.facebook.com/Jeeperformanceinc
JPi1 is offline   Quick Reply
Old 08-03-2013, 08:50 PM   #26
Jeeper
 
TxJprs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Pearland, TX
Posts: 167
Pretty much got my answer and no, my question did not specifically ask for opinions on the quality of their products or their lifts for that matter. It was a general question about their pricing. And for the record, in my opinion it amounts to price fixing and I think it is BS. If you want to pay retail for quality, that is great. I don't mind paying for quality either but I still want to feel like I got a good price. And for the record, it's the Pintlers and a procal that I am after. Already decided on Metalcloak for the lift. Pretty sure the horse has been beat pretty well on the RK vs Metalcloak as well.
TxJprs is offline   Quick Reply
Old 08-03-2013, 08:58 PM   #27
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPi1 View Post
I never mentioned "mark up" did I? I gladly pass on discounts I get to my customers, if the manf offers them, just look around this forum.
You're just digging your hole deeper bro...
Snake_Eyes is offline   Quick Reply
Old 08-03-2013, 09:59 PM   #28
Sponsoring Vendor
 
JPi1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: So Cal
Posts: 4,626
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake_Eyes View Post

You're just digging your hole deeper bro...
Hole??
__________________
32215 Dunlap Blvd.
Yucaipa, CA
92399
877-795-JEEP
Www.jeeperformanceinc.com
www.facebook.com/Jeeperformanceinc
JPi1 is offline   Quick Reply
Old 08-03-2013, 10:03 PM   #29
Sponsoring Vendor
 
JPi1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: So Cal
Posts: 4,626
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxJprs View Post
Pretty much got my answer and no, my question did not specifically ask for opinions on the quality of their products or their lifts for that matter. It was a general question about their pricing. And for the record, in my opinion it amounts to price fixing and I think it is BS. If you want to pay retail for quality, that is great. I don't mind paying for quality either but I still want to feel like I got a good price. And for the record, it's the Pintlers and a procal that I am after. Already decided on Metalcloak for the lift. Pretty sure the horse has been beat pretty well on the RK vs Metalcloak as well.
The metal cloak products are top notch, and the pintlers are one of my fav wheels as far as looks go. Good choice!
__________________
32215 Dunlap Blvd.
Yucaipa, CA
92399
877-795-JEEP
Www.jeeperformanceinc.com
www.facebook.com/Jeeperformanceinc
JPi1 is offline   Quick Reply
Old 08-03-2013, 10:17 PM   #30
Jeeper
 
Salty1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Highland Village, Texas
Posts: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxJprs View Post
Pretty much got my answer and no, my question did not specifically ask for opinions on the quality of their products or their lifts for that matter. It was a general question about their pricing. And for the record, in my opinion it amounts to price fixing and I think it is BS. If you want to pay retail for quality, that is great. I don't mind paying for quality either but I still want to feel like I got a good price. And for the record, it's the Pintlers and a procal that I am after. Already decided on Metalcloak for the lift. Pretty sure the horse has been beat pretty well on the RK vs Metalcloak as well.
You should do some research on what constitutes price fixing. Many manufacturers have MAP (minimum advertised price) requirements and dealers are allowed to set their own actual sell price although they cannot advertise a lower price than the MAP- I own a firearms company and deal with that often profit margins are around 10% firearm services are based on an hourly rate if a dealer wants to raise the product margins then they are free to do so, the market tends to determine the going rate.

If a specific dealer feels that he is not making enough margin then do not sell the products, others will and customers will buy the products they want and not what a dealer wants to push on them because they have no avenue to get the products the customer wants. Quality products do not need to be engaged in a low cost price war, people get what they pay for and quality products cost more to build.

Salty1 is offline   Quick Reply
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:31 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC