Affiliate Rewards question - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 01-22-2014, 03:01 PM   #1
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 136
Affiliate Rewards question

I've searched through Pat's stickies on Affiliate Rewards and haven't found my answer. I'm picking up my new Jeep Friday and of course my #s are coming up different than the dealers. I am using Affiliate Rewards # and he is giving me that 2% under invoice, splitting the holdback 50/50 with me, and I have a $500 golden ticket. My question is, is the 2% I subtract from invoice 2% of the MSRP or 2% of the invoice price??

__________________
2014 JKURX Anvil
Ordered 11/11/13
D on 11/13/13
D1 on 12/11/13
F on 1/6/14
Delivered & received on 1/27/14
Arturo22 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-22-2014, 03:09 PM   #2
The Bad Guy

WF Supporting Member
 
daggo66's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NJ exile living in Baltimore
Posts: 21,529
If you are getting 2% under invoice it has to be 2% of the invoice price.

__________________
Tom

"I've got two things in this world, my balls and my word and I don't break them for no one."
daggo66 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-22-2014, 03:12 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 136
that's kind of what I figured also. Thanks for the quick reply Daggo.
__________________
2014 JKURX Anvil
Ordered 11/11/13
D on 11/13/13
D1 on 12/11/13
F on 1/6/14
Delivered & received on 1/27/14
Arturo22 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-22-2014, 03:12 PM   #4
rotaredoM

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
panthermark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago-land
Posts: 9,060
Images: 13
2% of invoice...
Also if you are using a rewards program, he/she isn't really splitting the holdback with you or else you would be closer to 3.5% below invoice.

2% below invoice with the rewards program allows the dealer to keep almost all of their holdback.

And your $500 coupon would be added in on top of that.
__________________
2013 Sahara Unlimited
Billet - Auto - 3.73 - Connectivity - Painted Hardtop - LSD - Remote Start - Saddle Leather - Side Airbags

I may mall crawl...but I look good doing it.....
panthermark is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-22-2014, 08:22 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
RoadiJeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 1,908
The Affiliate Rewards program used to be 1% below invoice, not 2%. Did it change within the past few months or something?
RoadiJeff is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-22-2014, 08:30 PM   #6
rotaredoM

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
panthermark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago-land
Posts: 9,060
Images: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadiJeff View Post
The Affiliate Rewards program used to be 1% below invoice, not 2%. Did it change within the past few months or something?
Nope, it is still no greater than 1percent below invoice. But remember, 1 percent also goes to the buyer.
__________________
2013 Sahara Unlimited
Billet - Auto - 3.73 - Connectivity - Painted Hardtop - LSD - Remote Start - Saddle Leather - Side Airbags

I may mall crawl...but I look good doing it.....
panthermark is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-22-2014, 09:26 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by panthermark View Post
2% of invoice...
Also if you are using a rewards program, he/she isn't really splitting the holdback with you or else you would be closer to 3.5% below invoice.

2% below invoice with the rewards program allows the dealer to keep almost all of their holdback.

And your $500 coupon would be added in on top of that.
Here's where I am:
MSRP $41,680
Invoice $38,865
Holdback is 3% of MSRP not including destination = $1220. $1220/2=$610 discount
Affiliate Rewards discount, dealer is giving me the entire 2% that Chrysler will pay him back: $777 discount
Golden ticket from Jeep: $500 off
so, $38,865-$610-$777-$500=$36,978
__________________
2014 JKURX Anvil
Ordered 11/11/13
D on 11/13/13
D1 on 12/11/13
F on 1/6/14
Delivered & received on 1/27/14
Arturo22 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-22-2014, 09:35 PM   #8
..shall not be infringed!

WF Supporting Member
 
Up Hill Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Up the hill, CA Northcoast
Posts: 4,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturo22 View Post
Here's where I am:
MSRP $41,680
Invoice $38,865
Holdback is 3% of MSRP not including destination = $1220. $1220/2=$610 discount
Affiliate Rewards discount, dealer is giving me the entire 2% that Chrysler will pay him back: $777 discount
Golden ticket from Jeep: $500 off
so, $38,865-$610-$777-$500=$36,978
Killer deal. Congratulations!

Do make sure the dealer shows you the actual factory invoice - Affiliates program requires them to. Then you'll be sure the deal isn't too good to be true.
__________________
2012 JKU Rubicon
Sahara Tan
Auto
3.73


Up Hill Bill
Up Hill Bill is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-22-2014, 09:39 PM   #9
rotaredoM

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
panthermark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago-land
Posts: 9,060
Images: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturo22 View Post
Here's where I am:
MSRP $41,680
Invoice $38,865
Holdback is 3% of MSRP not including destination = $1220. $1220/2=$610 discount
Affiliate Rewards discount, dealer is giving me the entire 2% that Chrysler will pay him back: $777 discount
Golden ticket from Jeep: $500 off
so, $38,865-$610-$777-$500=$36,978
That seems pretty good to me, but I'm sure they are going to charge you tax on the $500 coupon. I had to work hard to get them to eat that tax.

What are the numbers the dealer is coming up with?
__________________
2013 Sahara Unlimited
Billet - Auto - 3.73 - Connectivity - Painted Hardtop - LSD - Remote Start - Saddle Leather - Side Airbags

I may mall crawl...but I look good doing it.....
panthermark is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-22-2014, 09:44 PM   #10
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by panthermark View Post
That seems pretty good to me, but I'm sure they are going to charge you tax on the $500 coupon. I had to work hard to get them to eat that tax.

What are the numbers the dealer is coming up with?
We're only about $250 apart. He's trying to charge me $250 for some Security System B.S. and I told him I wasn't paying it and it would be a dealbreaker if they install some p.o.s. alarm or etch the VIN # into my glass and try to charge me for it. As far as the tax, he's not charging me the $75 administrative fee for participating in Affiliate Rewards (at least not as a line item) so not gonna beat him up on the tax on the $500. Here in GA we pay 6.75% but that includes the ad valorem for as long as I own the Jeep so each year my tag will only be $20. That 6.75% includes the sales tax & ad valorem so pretty good deal if you keep a vehicle for a good while.
__________________
2014 JKURX Anvil
Ordered 11/11/13
D on 11/13/13
D1 on 12/11/13
F on 1/6/14
Delivered & received on 1/27/14
Arturo22 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-22-2014, 10:03 PM   #11
..shall not be infringed!

WF Supporting Member
 
Up Hill Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Up the hill, CA Northcoast
Posts: 4,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturo22 View Post
We're only about $250 apart. He's trying to charge me $250 for some Security System B.S. and I told him I wasn't paying it and it would be a dealbreaker if they install some p.o.s. alarm or etch the VIN # into my glass and try to charge me for it. As far as the tax, he's not charging me the $75 administrative fee for participating in Affiliate Rewards (at least not as a line item) so not gonna beat him up on the tax on the $500. Here in GA we pay 6.75% but that includes the ad valorem for as long as I own the Jeep so each year my tag will only be $20. That 6.75% includes the sales tax & ad valorem so pretty good deal if you keep a vehicle for a good while.
With your Affiliate Rewards deal, the dealer is definatley NOT allowed to require you to buy any add-on you do not want. Chrysler will enforce the restriction if it comes to that. But, the dealer knows what's up. Just refuse the add on. Period.

__________________
2012 JKU Rubicon
Sahara Tan
Auto
3.73


Up Hill Bill
Up Hill Bill is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:52 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC