Another 2011 or 2012..... - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 08-01-2011, 08:26 AM   #1
Jeeper
 
jrmcgill25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Anderson, SC
Posts: 161
Another 2011 or 2012.....

Ok guys I know you're probably getting tired of hearing this but I can't find answers in the other forums. Seems like all of them get off subject. Anyways I just sold my YJ and am looking at a JKU. My question is should I jump on a 2011 and take advantage of the low prices/incentives or should I wait on the 2012 for the new drivetrain? Is it really worth the wait and more $ to get the 2012 or would I be better off getting a 2011 for a lower price and upgrading it myself? Also if it helps I'm looking at a Sport S or a Sahara if the price is right. Rubicon is not an option. Help!! Thanks

jrmcgill25 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-01-2011, 08:42 AM   #2
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
RaiderRUBICON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: oak brook IL
Posts: 705
Buy a 2011, cause the price will be right.You can always jump to a 2012 later on, if you choose.

AJ

RaiderRUBICON is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-01-2011, 08:53 AM   #3
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 764
I own a 2 door 11 sahara, and they are so underpowered that if I was you there is no way in hel I would buy a 3.8 jku. Go for the 12 and you will be grateful forever, as everybody I know with a 3.8 jku is not very pleased with the power. I love my 2 door, and would like to drive a 12 just for fun, but I really don't want to mod another jeep right now, so I will keep it and maybe get me a 12 RAPTER and just have both to play with. I can drive a different vehicle every day for 2 weeks and still not run out, so I will get by with the wranger I have now. It is one of the more fun vehicles I have to drive!
KSCRUDE is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-01-2011, 09:00 AM   #4
Jeeper
 
jrmcgill25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Anderson, SC
Posts: 161
I know basically everyone with a JKU says they're under powered but if I bought a 2011 vs a 2012 I'd have more money to play with for mods so I guess that's where my dilemma comes in. Go ahead and buy the latest and greatest and not worry about upgrades, or buy a 2011 and boost the performance a little bit?
jrmcgill25 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-01-2011, 09:02 AM   #5
CG3
no retreat, no surrender

WF Supporting Member
 
CG3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Utah/Mexico/California
Posts: 975
Have you driven an '11? I have a 4 door... I love it. I drive up Big Cottonwood Canyon from Salt Lake City to go home if I go to town. (Think mountains). No problem. Parley's to Park City is a bit tough, I turn up the stereo, and just go. I test drove these conditions before I bought.
Drive it. If you like it - get employee pricing or better, and buy it. If not, wait.
__________________
Carolyn
CG3 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-01-2011, 09:03 AM   #6
Jeeper
 
jrmcgill25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Anderson, SC
Posts: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by CG3 View Post
Have you driven an '11? I have a 4 door... I love it. I drive up Big Cottonwood Canyon from Salt Lake City to go home if I go to town. (Think mountains). No problem. Parley's to Park City is a bit tough, I turn up the stereo, and just go. I test drove these conditions before I bought.
Drive it. If you like it - get employee pricing or better, and buy it. If not, wait.

Are you running stock set up or have you added a lift/tires etc?
jrmcgill25 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-01-2011, 09:06 AM   #7
Jeeper
 
jrmcgill25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Anderson, SC
Posts: 161
Any idea what I should be able to get this one for? Just a ballpark. I have a TL so even if I couldn't get employee pricing what would the invoice be?

http://www.jeep.com/hostc/getWindowS...BA3H19BL570563
jrmcgill25 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-01-2011, 09:10 AM   #8
MTH
Jeeper
 
MTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 8,553
If you get a 2011, I'd recommend getting the manual transmission. This helps a lot with power. Plus, the 2012s come with the same manual transmission, so the only improvement really is the engine.

If you get an auto transmission, I'd expect it'll feel underpowered. However, if you've got about $1200 or so for a regearing aftermarket, you can change that. So to me, I'd add $1200 onto the cost of every auto trans 2011 I saw.

That may make it not such a good deal compared to the 2012s. The 2012s are not only getting the new engine, but also getting a new auto transmission.

Candidly, if I was in the market now I'd wait to test drive both.
__________________
Mike
2010 JKU "Mountain" Edition
TeraFlex 2.5" Coil Lift : Old Man Emu Nitrocharger Shocks : 33x12.5R15 Goodyear DuraTracs : 15x8 Black Rock 909s : Other Stuff . . .
MTH is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-01-2011, 09:18 AM   #9
CG3
no retreat, no surrender

WF Supporting Member
 
CG3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Utah/Mexico/California
Posts: 975
Only mods to date: Garvin Wilderness Rack built and installed. Only need about 1-2" more on the ground clearance. Will get that with shocks/coils, then tires when needed or more $ saved up.

At this point in time, with the new jeeps on the horizon, you should be able to get employee pricing or better.

Ballpark price? 28nchange. Your mileage may vary... just a guess. Don't buy when you first go. Leave. Make yourself leave. And be sure you find a place with lots of jeeps (particularly wranglers) on the lot.

If you can't get a price you are VERY happy with... wait.
If you don't like the power... wait.

Meanwhile, I'm driving mine and
__________________
Carolyn
CG3 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-01-2011, 09:22 AM   #10
Jeeper
 
JIMBOX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 9,914
Nothing wrong with wanting the NEW ONE, but


Quote:
Originally Posted by KSCRUDE View Post
I own a 2 door 11 sahara, and they are so underpowered that if I was you there is no way in hel I would buy a 3.8 jku. Go for the 12 and you will be grateful forever, as everybody I know with a 3.8 jku is not very pleased with the power. I love my 2 door, and would like to drive a 12 just for fun, but I really don't want to mod another jeep right now, so I will keep it and maybe get me a 12 RAPTER and just have both to play with. I can drive a different vehicle every day for 2 weeks and still not run out, so I will get by with the wranger I have now. It is one of the more fun vehicles I have to drive!
Evidentally you don't read any of the forums--they are only underpowered FROM THE FACTORY-simple mods make them pure pleasure-3.8L, great little motor--


Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmcgill25 View Post
I know basically everyone with a JKU says they're under powered but if I bought a 2011 vs a 2012 I'd have more money to play with for mods so I guess that's where my dilemma comes in. Go ahead and buy the latest and greatest and not worry about upgrades, or buy a 2011 and boost the performance a little bit?
Maybe only your friends with JKUs say "underpowered"--WRONG -they're great-

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTH View Post
If you get a 2011, I'd recommend getting the manual transmission. This helps a lot with power. Plus, the 2012s come with the same manual transmission, so the only improvement really is the engine.

New JK/JKU with manual, be the KING of your block !

If you get an auto transmission, I'd expect it'll feel underpowered. However, if you've got about $1200 or so for a regearing aftermarket, you can change that. So to me, I'd add $1200 onto the cost of every auto trans 2011 I saw.

That may make it not such a good deal compared to the 2012s. The 2012s are not only getting the new engine, but also getting a new auto transmission.

Candidly, if I was in the market now I'd wait to test drive both.
Me too, gotta try that new 5spd auto-and hope for tranny cooling changes !!

Smokemifyougotem

JIMBO
__________________
"ya gotta have class"
JIMBOX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-01-2011, 09:36 AM   #11
Jeeper
 
jrmcgill25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Anderson, SC
Posts: 161
I'm all for waiting on the 12's but are they going to be offering the 0% financing on the 12's or is that just for the leftover 11's?
jrmcgill25 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-01-2011, 09:40 AM   #12
MTH
Jeeper
 
MTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 8,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmcgill25 View Post
I'm all for waiting on the 12's but are they going to be offering the 0% financing on the 12's or is that just for the leftover 11's?
Doubtful.

The incentives shift every few months. The 2011s weren't up for zero percent when they came out, it's only now that the 2012s are starting to hit the lots that zero percent is available for 2011s. I'd expect the 2012s won't be up for zero percent when they first arrive, and, if they sell well, they might not be elligible for it (if at all) until after the 2013s show up.
__________________
Mike
2010 JKU "Mountain" Edition
TeraFlex 2.5" Coil Lift : Old Man Emu Nitrocharger Shocks : 33x12.5R15 Goodyear DuraTracs : 15x8 Black Rock 909s : Other Stuff . . .
MTH is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-01-2011, 09:43 AM   #13
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 94
Images: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmcgill25 View Post
Any idea what I should be able to get this one for? Just a ballpark. I have a TL so even if I couldn't get employee pricing what would the invoice be?

http://www.jeep.com/hostc/getWindowS...BA3H19BL570563
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/201...ad-101089.html
Look at the 1st post. It has pricing for each model MSRP (Invoice). You can build your own, figure out what the MSRP and invoice would be. When you see what the invoice price is, deduct 1% and that's your TL pricing.
fjrrider is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-01-2011, 09:47 AM   #14
Jeeper
 
mudpup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTH View Post
If you get a 2011, I'd recommend getting the manual transmission. This helps a lot with power. Plus, the 2012s come with the same manual transmission, so the only improvement really is the engine.
+ 1

My thoughts exactly. Plenty of power for me. I'm just waiting for the 12s to finally arrive so I can see the DIF in person in a test drive. Beyond that just hope everyone gets their orders filled soon so we can all move on
__________________
welcome mighty Pentastar 2014 JK Anvil 2dr 6sp.
AEV 3.5" lift, SJ Hydro 7000 ... GY MT/R Kevlar 305/70-17 = 34x12.50
AEV 17x8.5 Savegre wheels, Mopar rock rails

(gone 3.8 slug '11 mango 2dr 6sp.)
85 CJ7 350 V8
mudpup is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-01-2011, 10:30 AM   #15
Jeeper
 
rics1997's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bristol, Tn
Posts: 4,764
I think as long as you don't get a JKU with 3.21 gears a 2011 is just fine, especially a manual. But I do think the Unlimited version will see the most benefits to the new engine as long as you still don't get the 3.21. Not sure what Chrysler every thought when they said lets put 3.21 gears in a 4500lb JKU. Don't care what engine or transmission it has.
__________________
2010 Dark Charcoal Pearl Jeep Wrangler Sport S Automatic
4.88 Yukon w/Trac-Lok rear and Eaton ELocker Front - Synergy Gussets - B&M 70264 Trans Cooler
BDS 3" lift - BDS Fox 2.0 Racing Shocks
XHD front Bumper - Trektop NX - Goodyear MT/R w/Kevlar 35X12.5X15 on MB Chaos 5 Wheels - Thrush Turbo Muffler

Become a WranglerForum Supporting Member!
rics1997 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-01-2011, 10:51 AM   #16
Newb
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2
Is 5% under invoice plus the 0% for 60 unreasonable? Can i do better with the 2012's coming?

I have driven the 2010s quite a bit, and for my style of driving, the power is fine. If i can save a few thousand and get the special financing, i will be happy.

Thoughts?
Mr. Drummond is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-01-2011, 11:11 AM   #17
Jeeper
 
10to10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 226
I picked up a 2011 JKU Rubicon a few months back. I've read all the good and the bad about the motor, transmission, etc...If you can find a good deal for a 2011..Go for it! I have no regrets not waiting for the 2012. Find yourself a good deal on a 2011 and start with some mods...you will save cash over buying a new 2012.

I have an Auto, and its really not that bad at all. I think the 2012 auto 5 speed transmission would be nice but I can live with a 4 speed. And the new 3.6 Pen motor is also a minivan motor, and aint all the great - wont perform miracles and don't think Jesus will endorse said motor as some have claimed. Supercharger or Hemi for real power..otherwise its just another v6..don't get yourself worked up about the 3.8 vs 3.6..in a few months I think you will hear the 3.6 aint the savior motor the Wrangler was needing...Bring on a Good Diesel.

Anyhow, best of luck to you...and you will love the 2011 interior!
10to10 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-01-2011, 11:14 AM   #18
MallCrawler

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
kjeeper10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 35,981
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10to10
I picked up a 2011 JKU Rubicon a few months back. I've read all the good and the bad about the motor, transmission, etc...If you can find a good deal for a 2011..Go for it! I have no regrets not waiting for the 2012. Find yourself a good deal on a 2011 and start with some mods...you will save cash over buying a new 2012.

I have an Auto, and its really not that bad at all. I think the 2012 auto 5 speed transmission would be nice but I can live with a 4 speed. And the new 3.6 Pen motor is also a minivan motor, and aint all the great - wont perform miracles and don't think Jesus will endorse said motor as some have claimed. Supercharger or Hemi for real power..otherwise its just another v6..don't get yourself worked up about the 3.8 vs 3.6..in a few months I think you will hear the 3.6 aint the savior motor the Wrangler was needing...Bring on a Good Diesel.

Anyhow, best of luck to you...and you will love the 2011 interior!
This^^
kjeeper10 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-01-2011, 11:27 AM   #19
Jeeper
 
Stallion289TX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Richmond, TX
Posts: 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmcgill25 View Post
Ok guys I know you're probably getting tired of hearing this but I can't find answers in the other forums. Seems like all of them get off subject. Anyways I just sold my YJ and am looking at a JKU. My question is should I jump on a 2011 and take advantage of the low prices/incentives or should I wait on the 2012 for the new drivetrain? Is it really worth the wait and more $ to get the 2012 or would I be better off getting a 2011 for a lower price and upgrading it myself? Also if it helps I'm looking at a Sport S or a Sahara if the price is right. Rubicon is not an option. Help!! Thanks
When I visited my dealership to place an order for 2012 Rubicon, the sales manager said “if you buy a 2011, I will make you a great offer.” I got excited and responded “what is the great offer” he responded “around $2K off invoice!.” I really thought that he was either joking or thinks that I'm stupid! My response was “I would only go for a 2011 model if you offer $8K below invoice PERIOD.”

I would wait for the 2012 because the incentives dealers are making you believe to be great are actually a joke.
__________________
2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Tan All Over - Auto - 4.10's
Ordered: 7/19
Delivered: 9/16
Mods: Quadratec Floor Liners (I really can't think of any mods that the Rubi needs)
Stallion289TX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-01-2011, 11:31 AM   #20
MTH
Jeeper
 
MTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 8,553
I'd be pretty surprised if the auto transmission isn't a big improvement.

I haven't been following the details, but I understand the gear ratio calculations show that 3.73s with the new transmission will be like 4.88s with the old one. FWIW, whenever anybody comes on here complaining about the power of their auto transmission, my go-to advice has been to regear their diffs to 4.88 or 5.13. Everyone who does that seems very happy.

So, if the 2012 changes mean that it comes from the factory with that kind of pull, I'd expect it'll feel like a big improvement. Then on top of that add some extra hp, even if it's not all available at normal RPMs. Then add the extra torque, which is available at normal RPMs.

For an auto, I'd wait and make sure I got to test drive both. Just my two cents.
__________________
Mike
2010 JKU "Mountain" Edition
TeraFlex 2.5" Coil Lift : Old Man Emu Nitrocharger Shocks : 33x12.5R15 Goodyear DuraTracs : 15x8 Black Rock 909s : Other Stuff . . .
MTH is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-01-2011, 11:39 AM   #21
Jeeper
 
JIMBOX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 9,914
You may remember that one of my FEW comments on this 2012 "Dream Jeep" was wait for some reaction from people with BIGGER tires and reaction at hiwy speeds--WITH AUTO/O/D-- can't wait to hearit !!

If it still downshifts with 33/34/35" tires-then you're buying it just because you want a new JEEP !!

Right ??

JIMBO
__________________
"ya gotta have class"
JIMBOX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-01-2011, 11:50 AM   #22
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
Piper54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Arizona
Posts: 350
Find an an 11 you want and deal, deal, deal! If the salesman says I'll be right back, tell him you are going to leave and go to another dealer. I've got a 2 dr but I believe the guys with the JKU's when they say they are not underpowered, a jeep just isn't built for speed. I love my Jeep and I'm keeping it.

Piper
__________________
2012 Arctic JK
Piper54 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-01-2011, 12:22 PM   #23
Jeeper
 
jrmcgill25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Anderson, SC
Posts: 161
Thanks everybody for the replies. I'm leaning towards the 11 because of the cheaper price, financing, and I don't really need major power its going to be more of a daily driver for me than off-road. Also if I decide I need more power I can always regear/intake/exhaust mod. The 12 still sounds good because of the new motor and tranny but I'm just not sure I can pass up a good deal on the 11 if I get the right price.
jrmcgill25 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-01-2011, 03:42 PM   #24
Jeeper
 
Chasin Tail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The Great NW
Posts: 160
you are so close to seeing a whole lot of 2012's delivered to the dealerships and also to all of us that have jeeps on order..

Why not wait another week or 2 before making a decision. Once we all get ours, Im sure there are going to be TONS of reviews on them.. A bunch of forum members should have them within the next week or two.

Then, you can see if they are all they are cracked up to be.. or go on a test drive on both an 11' and a 12' off the same lot and make your own judgement..

I can tell you this..
The wife and I spent last week in Vegas. We Rented a 2010 JKU Auto/3.73's in it. It had 38,000 miles on it.. If the new motor is not a LOT more powerfull than that one.... Im going to back out of my order. It was gutless, and couldnt even stay in 4th gear on the highway half of the time on our way to see Lake Mead and the Dam. It was constantly bogging down, then downshifting just to hold 60 mph. Thats running the puny 16' stock wheels/tires..

We were NOT impressed at all with the power on that JKU.. So for me.. Its an 2012 or nothing.
Chasin Tail is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-01-2011, 03:47 PM   #25
MTH
Jeeper
 
MTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 8,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasin Tail View Post
I can tell you this..
The wife and I spent last week in Vegas. We Rented a 2010 JKU Auto/3.73's in it. It had 38,000 miles on it.. If the new motor is not a LOT more powerfull than that one.... Im going to back out of my order. It was gutless, and couldnt even stay in 4th gear on the highway half of the time on our way to see Lake Mead and the Dam.. Thats running the puny 16' stock wheels/tires..

We were NOT impressed at all with the power on that JKU.. So for me.. Its an 2012 or nothing.
Again, it's been said before (in this thread), but just to be clear: That's really a gearing issue. Look at the gearing chart that's floating around here for the 3.8 autos and you'll see that 3.73 is in the "barely competent" range. Regear the diffs in that same Jeep to 4.88s or 5.13s, and I expect you would've been pleased. The combination of the new engine and the new auto trans effectively accomplishes this, plus a little more. So it should be just fine.
__________________
Mike
2010 JKU "Mountain" Edition
TeraFlex 2.5" Coil Lift : Old Man Emu Nitrocharger Shocks : 33x12.5R15 Goodyear DuraTracs : 15x8 Black Rock 909s : Other Stuff . . .
MTH is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-01-2011, 03:52 PM   #26
Jeeper
 
SlackerMD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: MoCo,MD
Posts: 552
I've had the 2012 for about 3 days now. The power in the 6-speed is noticeably increased from the 3.8l, however not super-significant--at least with the 6-speed. The power and drive-ability in the 2012 auto is, however, SIGNIFICANTLY improved over the 3.8l stock. If you want an auto tranny and do not want to mod it, you will be happier with the 2012. If you want a manual tranny, you'll gain a lighter, slightly more powerful and a "greener" engine (BUT FOR THE LIFE OF ME I CANNOT FIND ANY GREEN ON IT!) with he 3.6l, but i am not sure if those differences are worth the ~$2k cost difference right now with the rebates available on the 2011's.

2012'S are hitting local dealerships now, so you should hold off and drive both and compare for yourself.
SlackerMD is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-01-2011, 05:20 PM   #27
Jeeper
 
Chasin Tail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The Great NW
Posts: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTH View Post
Again, it's been said before (in this thread), but just to be clear: That's really a gearing issue. Look at the gearing chart that's floating around here for the 3.8 autos and you'll see that 3.73 is in the "barely competent" range. Regear the diffs in that same Jeep to 4.88s or 5.13s, and I expect you would've been pleased. The combination of the new engine and the new auto trans effectively accomplishes this, plus a little more. So it should be just fine.
Yes its a gearing issue.. But he's asking about stock vs stock..

So, he could buy a 2011 and save $2000 +/-... then spend $1500 to re-gear.

OR

Buy a 2012 and hopefully NOT have to re-gear for decent performance.

Out of pocket difference +/- $500.

But you'd end up losing money with a 2011 at some point on resale value vs a 2012..

Hence why I ordered a 2012, and am standing by waiting to actually drive one, to see if that chart that has been floating around is actually as it seems...

As of yet we only have 2 maybe 3 people that are on these forums that have driven a 2012.. neither were Auto's... So the Jury is still out..
One of the reviews of the 2012 was that it was more powerful, but not earth shattering...

So, again... At this point in the game, I would wait another couple of weeks and drive both and make a decision then.. There isnt any reason to go make an impulse buy this soon before they hit the dealerships if you dont already have one ordered..

We loved everything about the jeep we rented in Vegas, except the lacking power.. So with the new Auto/5speed and 3.73's and in a JK, Im pretty sure it will be what we are looking for in improved performance.

But until We actually drive it... Reading some hypothetical numbers on a chart on the internet is just... hypothetical
Chasin Tail is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-03-2011, 09:03 AM   #28
Jeeper
 
rvcruzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 58
We just traded our 2005 TJ Unlimited on a 2012 Rubicon Unlimited. Scheduled to ship August 9th so it's soon, but not here yet. We test drove a GC with the Pentastar V6 and then a 2011 Sport Unlimited with the 3.8 V6 and did find a noticeable difference. Both were automatics but the 2011 was a 4 speed while the 2012s get the 5 speed, which will help.

The 2011s do have rebates or financing incentives and it's easier to get more knocked off the sticker than on a 2012 but it's future resale value will also be less so most of what you pay extra now you'll get back later and it's not that big of a bite.

My ideas was to get the basic engine drivetrain where I want it. Jeeps get modified but I didn't want to have to rebuild what I have - only add to it. At this time I have the Rockhard bumpers and skid plates and Warn Powerplant ready to go on it but will wait for a lift kit and larger tires later on when funds allow. I also have to set it up for flat towing behind a motorhome so lighting, air brakes, and towbar connections are also an initial concern.

Compared to the 3.8 V6, the 3.6 liter engine comes alive quite well with an extra 80 HP. That HP does come in at peak RPM though so you won't see that much of an improvement at lower revs, but it is still there. I also think that the 5 speed automatic is going to add considerably to driveability compared to the 4 speed automatic. 6 speed manual owners probably won't notice as much because they'll have better control over their revs.
__________________
Mark Quasius
2012 Rubicon Unlimited
www.rvcruzer.com
rvcruzer is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-03-2011, 11:34 AM   #29
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
Comac90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Beer Town USA, 4yrs running
Posts: 607
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmcgill25 View Post
I'm all for waiting on the 12's but are they going to be offering the 0% financing on the 12's or is that just for the leftover 11's?
IMHO - NO WAY. Seriously, the last time Jeep offered 0% financing on Wranglers was 1997 (or was it '96?). Demand is beginning to out pace supply; Wrangler sales worldwide are up and Jeep is looking at options to expand capacity. There's no reason (now or foreseeable) to give 0% on anything but the 2011s.

Expect 0% on 2011s until they're gone and then again in 2025.


T
__________________
2012 JKU Rubicon - Delivered 8/19/2011
Auto - 4.10s - AEV: 3.5" SC lift, Milspec front bumper, rear bumper, tire carrier w/ hi-lift mount, front skid plate, high-steer - Warn XD9000i w/ Viking Winchline - 35" BFG MTs - Hellas - Katzkin Leather - RAM iPad mount - Cobra 75/Firestik - Poison Spyder Fairlead - Mopar Enhanced Rock Rails - aFe y-pipe - Rock Hard Oil Pan/Engine Skid - 10lb PowerTank
Comac90 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-03-2011, 11:36 AM   #30
MTH
Jeeper
 
MTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 8,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comac90 View Post
IMHO - NO WAY. Seriously, the last time Jeep offered 0% financing on Wranglers was 1997 (or was it '96?). Demand is beginning to out pace supply; Wrangler sales worldwide are up and Jeep is looking at options to expand capacity. There's no reason (now or foreseeable) to give 0% on anything but the 2011s.

Expect 0% on 2011s until they're gone and then again in 2025.
I agree they won't offer 0% on the 2012s when they arrive, but just FYI--I got 0% on my 2010.

__________________
Mike
2010 JKU "Mountain" Edition
TeraFlex 2.5" Coil Lift : Old Man Emu Nitrocharger Shocks : 33x12.5R15 Goodyear DuraTracs : 15x8 Black Rock 909s : Other Stuff . . .
MTH is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trading in 2011 Wrangler for the 2012 Wrangler silverjeep1 JK General Discussion Forum 59 09-28-2011 11:24 PM
cant decide 2011 or 2012 Mike686 JK General Discussion Forum 6 07-08-2011 08:04 PM
2011 or 2012 mgaspard JK General Discussion Forum 6 06-22-2011 05:32 PM
2011 Mojave or wait for 2012 special edition? dave_b JK General Discussion Forum 12 05-24-2011 06:20 AM
Buy 2011 Wrangler Sahara or wait for 2012? Oswyn JK General Discussion Forum 23 02-05-2011 01:12 PM



Download our Mobile App

» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:39 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC