Another Really Cool JK - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 04-08-2011, 07:51 AM   #1
Jeeper
 
Hilldweller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,145
Another Really Cool JK

This one is the Nemo Equipment JK. It has a full AEV Hemi kit and Adventure Trailers JK Habitat on top.



Talk about beauty and the beast.


__________________
Gone camping,
Bill

Hilldweller is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-08-2011, 09:34 AM   #2
Jeeper
 
JeeperJake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,908
...are you Jonesing for a new Jeep to go with that new trailer set up you just got??? What's their asking $$?

__________________
get in--buckle up--hang on
"soothing agricultural implement/personal servant/Walter Mitty multidimensional access utility device conveniently travels on pavement when necessary and often keeps me warm/cool/dry/soothed as needed."
JeeperJake is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-08-2011, 09:52 AM   #3
Jeeper
 
Hilldweller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeperJake View Post
...are you Jonesing for a new Jeep to go with that new trailer set up you just got??? What's their asking $$?
I wouldn't hazard a guess at the retail value of that thing.
__________________
Gone camping,
Bill

Hilldweller is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-08-2011, 10:04 AM   #4
MTH
Jeeper
 
MTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 8,553
Is it new? My guess would be it'd list around $60k. That's what some of the new Burnsville's list at.

That said HD, you've got a 2008. A gently used Hemi and trans from 2008 forward could probably be swapped in for less than $15k, maybe even $13k . . . .
MTH is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-08-2011, 10:16 AM   #5
Jeeper
 
JPWheelin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Woodstock, GA
Posts: 378
That is really cool, however I just can't imagine spending $6000 for the "tent on the roof". I mean, you can get a really nice tent for a few hundred bucks and throw it in the back of the jeep!
JPWheelin is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-08-2011, 10:25 AM   #6
Jeeper
 
Hilldweller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPWheelin View Post
That is really cool, however I just can't imagine spending $6000 for the "tent on the roof". I mean, you can get a really nice tent for a few hundred bucks and throw it in the back of the jeep!
Did you ever try to overland like that? Set up and strike a full camp every day for a couple of weeks?
The Habitat is ready to camp in a minute. More time to cook, drink, sleep, travel, explore, live...

At a certain point, if you're a little successful, you have more money than time. Time becomes the precious commodity. Time well-spent at that.
__________________
Gone camping,
Bill

Hilldweller is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-08-2011, 11:08 AM   #7
Jeeper
 
JPWheelin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Woodstock, GA
Posts: 378
I can definitely see the advantage and I'm sure to some it might be worth the price tag.
JPWheelin is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-08-2011, 12:44 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
Hilldweller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPWheelin View Post
I can definitely see the advantage and I'm sure to some it might be worth the price tag.
I have a teardrop trailer that I camp in for roadtripping and weekend fun. If I had an Unlimited though, I would've had the first deposit in Martyn's hot little hands when they were dreaming up the Habitat; it's a well thought out piece of rolling functional art.
Massive tent and sleeping area in an instant, full galley in back, everthing you need for a comfortable mobile basecamp without the hassle or toil.
__________________
Gone camping,
Bill

Hilldweller is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-08-2011, 12:59 PM   #9
Jeeper
 
LaTuFu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPWheelin View Post
That is really cool, however I just can't imagine spending $6000 for the "tent on the roof". I mean, you can get a really nice tent for a few hundred bucks and throw it in the back of the jeep!
Let's be honest, if you have the budget to rig out your Jeep like the Nemo Equip version, you're not settling for a few hundred bucks tossed in the back of the Jeep.
LaTuFu is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-08-2011, 03:04 PM   #10
UConn Husky

WF Supporting Member
 
Grog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Bentonville, AR
Posts: 422
Images: 6
For 6K I would get an overland trailor. But people can outfit their rigs anyway they want to. What I don't like is the paint job - yuck

But its all subjective and it is a cool rig
Grog is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-28-2011, 01:31 PM   #11
Sponsoring Vendor
 
txoutdoorx4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 437
Send a message via Skype™ to txoutdoorx4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilldweller View Post
I have a teardrop trailer that I camp in for roadtripping and weekend fun. If I had an Unlimited though, I would've had the first deposit in Martyn's hot little hands when they were dreaming up the Habitat; it's a well thought out piece of rolling functional art.
Massive tent and sleeping area in an instant, full galley in back, everthing you need for a comfortable mobile basecamp without the hassle or toil.
Bill, I couldn't agree more regarding this post or your post about overlanding.
__________________
OutdoorX4 Magazine
www.outdoorx4.com
www.facebook.com/OutdoorX4
www.twitter.com/OutdoorX4

* 2007 WK 4x4 3.0L CRD
* 2005 Ellsworth Truth
txoutdoorx4 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-29-2011, 11:23 AM   #12
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 189
I had an opportunity to check this rig out at the EJS Vendors show in Moab. The tent is huge and is accessed from inside the Jeep. Very nice feature. The way it folds out forward with the supports on the front bumper allow you to camp basically anywhere. I agree, it is a more expensive option than a RTT, but it is worth it if you camp often and are on the move. I would trade my offroad trailer for one in a minute. Reminds me of the old LR Series Caravan, but that hinged sideways.
Vince1 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-29-2011, 12:49 PM   #13
Jeeper
 
Hilldweller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince1 View Post
I had an opportunity to check this rig out at the EJS Vendors show in Moab. The tent is huge and is accessed from inside the Jeep. Very nice feature. The way it folds out forward with the supports on the front bumper allow you to camp basically anywhere. I agree, it is a more expensive option than a RTT, but it is worth it if you camp often and are on the move. I would trade my offroad trailer for one in a minute. Reminds me of the old LR Series Caravan, but that hinged sideways.



__________________
Gone camping,
Bill

Hilldweller is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Everyone likes guessing pics..... Something very cool.... dave@rokmen TJ General Discussion Forum 61 01-04-2010 06:14 PM
Cool Jeep store little1989jeep Member Sites 1 11-24-2009 12:03 PM
Cool CJ Video Vaultzz Off-Topic 3 11-20-2009 02:31 PM
Have you guys the cool off-road atles? jeeptales Land Use Forum 8 08-18-2008 10:44 AM
kinda cool website mmasuperman12 Off-Topic 9 06-15-2006 07:04 PM



Download our Mobile App

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:53 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC