Anyone Get a Color They Wish They Hadnt? - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 11-22-2012, 06:30 AM   #1
Jeeper
 
Jackster3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 1,051
Anyone Get a Color They Wish They Hadnt?

Why dont you like it? Im interested to find out.

__________________
-Jack
2013 JK - Crush Clear Coat-6 Speed Manual-Hardtop-3.73 Ratio
-Rock Krawler 2.5 Max Travel-Fox 2.0 IFP Racing Shocks-Rugged Ridge XHD Front Bumper w/ Pre-Runner-Ace Rock Sliders-Ace Rear Bumper w/ Tire Carrier-Super Winch Tiger Shark 9500 Winch-Spod-Escort 9500ix-Level 8 Trackers-315/75/16 Duratracs
Jackster3 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-22-2012, 06:33 AM   #2
Newb
 
Emujeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 8
Bump

Emujeep is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-22-2012, 07:40 AM   #3
Jeeper
 
JoseRubicon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 883
I wish Flame Red was still an option. Really disappointed. I went with white. Rock Lobster didn't cut it. That's the only thing ill regret about the Jeep.
JoseRubicon is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-22-2012, 07:44 AM   #4
Jeeper
 
FreefallRocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Mid TN
Posts: 318
I got true blue...love the color! But...the more and more I see it, the more I wish I'd have gone with Crush...Looks bad ass with black accents, grill painted black, etc...with true blue it'll be hard to notice when I line-x the grill and rocker panels, and whatnot.
__________________
2013 True Blue Sport S
RK 2.5 Flex w/Fox shocks
16" Level 8 Trackers w/33" Falken WildPeak AT
FreefallRocks is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-22-2012, 07:50 AM   #5
Jeeper
 
Jackster3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 1,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreefallRocks
I got true blue...love the color! But...the more and more I see it, the more I wish I'd have gone with Crush...Looks bad ass with black accents, grill painted black, etc...with true blue it'll be hard to notice when I line-x the grill and rocker panels, and whatnot.
I have a crush! Love the color. If i didnt get this color i wasnt going to buy new. So worth it. Just started ordering everything and some black wheels are next
__________________
-Jack
2013 JK - Crush Clear Coat-6 Speed Manual-Hardtop-3.73 Ratio
-Rock Krawler 2.5 Max Travel-Fox 2.0 IFP Racing Shocks-Rugged Ridge XHD Front Bumper w/ Pre-Runner-Ace Rock Sliders-Ace Rear Bumper w/ Tire Carrier-Super Winch Tiger Shark 9500 Winch-Spod-Escort 9500ix-Level 8 Trackers-315/75/16 Duratracs
Jackster3 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-22-2012, 07:52 AM   #6
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Sueby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: CT
Posts: 1,754
I'm not in love with my commando green. I don't hate it like I used to, it is growing on me a bit as I mod it, but had I seen it before I ordered I would not have picked it. But there are also not any colors I really like anyway (mango tango was it!) and honestly the color or my ride really doesn't mean much to me anyway. I've never purchased anything, or not, because of the color.
Sueby is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-22-2012, 07:56 AM   #7
Jeeper
 
Jackster3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 1,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sueby
I'm not in love with my commando green. I don't hate it like I used to, it is growing on me a bit as I mod it, but had I seen it before I ordered I would not have picked it. But there are also not any colors I really like anyway (mango tango was it!) and honestly the color or my ride really doesn't mean much to me anyway. I've never purchased anything, or not, because of the color.
Did you try and swap for one on the lot? Why did you order that color if you hated it lol
__________________
-Jack
2013 JK - Crush Clear Coat-6 Speed Manual-Hardtop-3.73 Ratio
-Rock Krawler 2.5 Max Travel-Fox 2.0 IFP Racing Shocks-Rugged Ridge XHD Front Bumper w/ Pre-Runner-Ace Rock Sliders-Ace Rear Bumper w/ Tire Carrier-Super Winch Tiger Shark 9500 Winch-Spod-Escort 9500ix-Level 8 Trackers-315/75/16 Duratracs
Jackster3 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-22-2012, 07:58 AM   #8
Jeeper
 
8052949's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 93
Yea black! I have always owned white trucks and they are a piece of cake to keep clean. Black looks greats for a day then just looks dirty.
8052949 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-22-2012, 08:01 AM   #9
Jeeper
 
Lucy Brown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8052949 View Post
Yea black! I have always owned white trucks and they are a piece of cake to keep clean. Black looks greats for a day then just looks dirty.
Yeah, but the look killer when they are clean. Mine looks like a beast.
Lucy Brown is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-22-2012, 08:04 AM   #10
Jeeper
 
8052949's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy Brown

Yeah, but the look killer when they are clean. Mine looks like a beast.
They do look great clean. I guess I just need to get used to it.
8052949 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-22-2012, 08:06 AM   #11
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Sueby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: CT
Posts: 1,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackster3

Did you try and swap for one on the lot? Why did you order that color if you hated it lol
The dealer said they would reorder for me if I hated it when it came in but I didn't care enough to bother. Plus, like I said, there are no other colors I like so I would have been swapping one meh color for another, why bother? In my mind commando is at least a 'jeepy' color & heck how ugly can a jacked up & modded out jeep really be no matter what color, right? They are all bad ass.
Sueby is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-22-2012, 08:07 AM   #12
Jeeper
 
FreefallRocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Mid TN
Posts: 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackster3 View Post
I have a crush! Love the color. If i didnt get this color i wasnt going to buy new. So worth it. Just started ordering everything and some black wheels are next
Why you gotta rub it in bro? ...j/k...great color!
__________________
2013 True Blue Sport S
RK 2.5 Flex w/Fox shocks
16" Level 8 Trackers w/33" Falken WildPeak AT
FreefallRocks is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-22-2012, 08:10 AM   #13
Jeeper
 
Jackster3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 1,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sueby

The dealer said they would reorder for me if I hated it when it came in but I didn't care enough to bother. Plus, like I said, there are no other colors I like so I would have been swapping one meh color for another, why bother? In my mind commando is at least a 'jeepy' color & heck how ugly can a jacked up & modded out jeep really be no matter what color, right? They are all bad ass.
Agreed they all look sick. My main woory was my color and i loved the crush so i factory ordered mine and it got there quick. When i looked at it the night it came in the jeep was under a white light so it looked like shit. Really wooried me that the colir would suck. But! The next day i went to pick it up i lived it. So happy with my choice.

It seems everyone was waiting on commando green but i wasnt a fan. Im sure alot of people with that green hate crush orange though. Its all personal preference.
__________________
-Jack
2013 JK - Crush Clear Coat-6 Speed Manual-Hardtop-3.73 Ratio
-Rock Krawler 2.5 Max Travel-Fox 2.0 IFP Racing Shocks-Rugged Ridge XHD Front Bumper w/ Pre-Runner-Ace Rock Sliders-Ace Rear Bumper w/ Tire Carrier-Super Winch Tiger Shark 9500 Winch-Spod-Escort 9500ix-Level 8 Trackers-315/75/16 Duratracs
Jackster3 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-22-2012, 08:12 AM   #14
Jeeper
 
Jackster3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 1,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreefallRocks

Why you gotta rub it in bro? ...j/k...great color!
Hahaha! Im just saying! I like the true blue too. A nice dark color different from black
__________________
-Jack
2013 JK - Crush Clear Coat-6 Speed Manual-Hardtop-3.73 Ratio
-Rock Krawler 2.5 Max Travel-Fox 2.0 IFP Racing Shocks-Rugged Ridge XHD Front Bumper w/ Pre-Runner-Ace Rock Sliders-Ace Rear Bumper w/ Tire Carrier-Super Winch Tiger Shark 9500 Winch-Spod-Escort 9500ix-Level 8 Trackers-315/75/16 Duratracs
Jackster3 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-22-2012, 08:15 AM   #15
Jeeper
 
lolpetewtf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Sudbury, MA
Posts: 1,953
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emujeep View Post
Bump
LOL at bumping a 3 minute old thread

My last 2 cars were colors I wish I had not got. I was emphatically searching for a '12 cosmos and found 2 just a few miles down the road. Never getting another car if the color is wrong, no matter how good the deal.

Color is everything!
__________________
2012 Cosmos Blue JK
Galaxy DX-99v2/Sirio 5000

S Package/Auto/Dual Top
Custom Stereo/20% Tint
lolpetewtf is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-22-2012, 08:15 AM   #16
Jeeper
 
BadOleRoss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Lynchburg VA
Posts: 898
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sueby View Post
I'm not in love with my commando green. I don't hate it like I used to, it is growing on me a bit as I mod it, but had I seen it before I ordered I would not have picked it. But there are also not any colors I really like anyway (mango tango was it!) and honestly the color or my ride really doesn't mean much to me anyway. I've never purchased anything, or not, because of the color.
I understand how you feel about the commando green. I was going to order a CG but ended up going with True Blue which I am very happy with. When CG came off the line I was thankful I went with TB, I hated the CG. But, a have seen thread of CG Jeeps with lift and other MODs and they look sharp when they are done. It's one of those colors that is pretty boring when stock but makes a great looking Jeep when the MODs are done!
__________________
2013 JKU True Blue, 4" Zone Lift, 35x12.5x17 Nitto Trail Grapplers, ION 171 Black and Machined Wheels
BadOleRoss is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-22-2012, 08:20 AM   #17
Jeeper
 
Jackster3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 1,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolpetewtf

LOL at bumping a 3 minute old thread

My last 2 cars were colors I wish I had not got. I was emphatically searching for a '12 cosmos and found 2 just a few miles down the road. Never getting another car if the color is wrong, no matter how good the deal.

Color is everything!
I loved that color. That was my second choice after crush.
__________________
-Jack
2013 JK - Crush Clear Coat-6 Speed Manual-Hardtop-3.73 Ratio
-Rock Krawler 2.5 Max Travel-Fox 2.0 IFP Racing Shocks-Rugged Ridge XHD Front Bumper w/ Pre-Runner-Ace Rock Sliders-Ace Rear Bumper w/ Tire Carrier-Super Winch Tiger Shark 9500 Winch-Spod-Escort 9500ix-Level 8 Trackers-315/75/16 Duratracs
Jackster3 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-22-2012, 08:21 AM   #18
Jeeper
 
Jackster3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 1,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadOleRoss

I understand how you feel about the commando green. I was going to order a CG but ended up going with True Blue which I am very happy with. When CG came off the line I was thankful I went with TB, I hated the CG. But, a have seen thread of CG Jeeps with lift and other MODs and they look sharp when they are done. It's one of those colors that is pretty boring when stock but makes a great looking Jeep when the MODs are done!
I agree they look military. Love the look and i actually like the rubicon wheels on the CG 2 doors
__________________
-Jack
2013 JK - Crush Clear Coat-6 Speed Manual-Hardtop-3.73 Ratio
-Rock Krawler 2.5 Max Travel-Fox 2.0 IFP Racing Shocks-Rugged Ridge XHD Front Bumper w/ Pre-Runner-Ace Rock Sliders-Ace Rear Bumper w/ Tire Carrier-Super Winch Tiger Shark 9500 Winch-Spod-Escort 9500ix-Level 8 Trackers-315/75/16 Duratracs
Jackster3 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-22-2012, 08:24 AM   #19
Jeeper
 
lolpetewtf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Sudbury, MA
Posts: 1,953
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackster3 View Post
I loved that color. That was my second choice after crush.
I had to jump on it. At the time there were only a few cosmos' left in the USA for a 2012. I'm obsessed =P
__________________
2012 Cosmos Blue JK
Galaxy DX-99v2/Sirio 5000

S Package/Auto/Dual Top
Custom Stereo/20% Tint
lolpetewtf is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-22-2012, 08:25 AM   #20
Jeeper
 
Jackster3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 1,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolpetewtf

I had to jump on it. At the time there were only a few cosmos' left in the USA for a 2012. I'm obsessed =P
Lol i saw one about a week before i ordered my 13. Happy with my choice though orange is my favorite color
__________________
-Jack
2013 JK - Crush Clear Coat-6 Speed Manual-Hardtop-3.73 Ratio
-Rock Krawler 2.5 Max Travel-Fox 2.0 IFP Racing Shocks-Rugged Ridge XHD Front Bumper w/ Pre-Runner-Ace Rock Sliders-Ace Rear Bumper w/ Tire Carrier-Super Winch Tiger Shark 9500 Winch-Spod-Escort 9500ix-Level 8 Trackers-315/75/16 Duratracs
Jackster3 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-22-2012, 08:27 AM   #21
Jeeper
 
lolpetewtf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Sudbury, MA
Posts: 1,953
And blue is mine
__________________
2012 Cosmos Blue JK
Galaxy DX-99v2/Sirio 5000

S Package/Auto/Dual Top
Custom Stereo/20% Tint
lolpetewtf is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-22-2012, 08:30 AM   #22
Jeeper
 
pebbles1472's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Northwestern Illinois
Posts: 509
Attachment 180776

I wish it were the True Blue only because this color is SO close to my Chevy POS(HHR) that I hated SO much-not because of the color. I just hated the car! Anyone know the exact name of this color? It's a 2010.
pebbles1472 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-22-2012, 08:32 AM   #23
Jeeper
 
Jackster3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 1,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by pebbles1472

I wish it were the True Blue only because this color is SO close to my Chevy POS(HHR) that I hated SO much-not because of the color. I just hated the car! Anyone know the exact name of this color? It's a 2010.
Thats your jeep? Not an HHR
__________________
-Jack
2013 JK - Crush Clear Coat-6 Speed Manual-Hardtop-3.73 Ratio
-Rock Krawler 2.5 Max Travel-Fox 2.0 IFP Racing Shocks-Rugged Ridge XHD Front Bumper w/ Pre-Runner-Ace Rock Sliders-Ace Rear Bumper w/ Tire Carrier-Super Winch Tiger Shark 9500 Winch-Spod-Escort 9500ix-Level 8 Trackers-315/75/16 Duratracs
Jackster3 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-22-2012, 08:37 AM   #24
Jeeper
 
pebbles1472's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Northwestern Illinois
Posts: 509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackster3

Thats your jeep? Not an HHR
Why the 'H' would I put a picture of my old crappy HHR on here?! LOL Yes, that is my 'new-to-me' 2010 JKU Sport which is very close to the same color as my HHR that I just traded in.
pebbles1472 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-22-2012, 08:37 AM   #25
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Sueby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: CT
Posts: 1,754
I do like crush - I almost ordered it but wasnt sure I could live with it forever. I really liked mango & crush was close but a little too bright for me. I like it when I see pics or when one drives by but I was a little scared when I stood next to one!
Sueby is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-22-2012, 08:38 AM   #26
Jeeper
 
pebbles1472's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Northwestern Illinois
Posts: 509
The name of the color of my POS was Daytona Blue Metallic. I can't find the color of this Jeep listed in the colors that I find for '10 Jeeps.
pebbles1472 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-22-2012, 08:40 AM   #27
Jeeper
 
Jackster3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 1,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by pebbles1472

Why the 'H' would I put a picture of my old crappy HHR on here?! LOL Yes, that is my 'new-to-me' 2010 JKU Sport which is very close to the same color as my HHR that I just traded in.
Oh my bad buddy! I thought you were someone else. Im actually not sure on that color. It deff looks true blue but its not. Ill have to look it up if no one answers
__________________
-Jack
2013 JK - Crush Clear Coat-6 Speed Manual-Hardtop-3.73 Ratio
-Rock Krawler 2.5 Max Travel-Fox 2.0 IFP Racing Shocks-Rugged Ridge XHD Front Bumper w/ Pre-Runner-Ace Rock Sliders-Ace Rear Bumper w/ Tire Carrier-Super Winch Tiger Shark 9500 Winch-Spod-Escort 9500ix-Level 8 Trackers-315/75/16 Duratracs
Jackster3 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-22-2012, 08:41 AM   #28
Jeeper
 
Jackster3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 1,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sueby
I do like crush - I almost ordered it but wasnt sure I could live with it forever. I really liked mango & crush was close but a little too bright for me. I like it when I see pics or when one drives by but I was a little scared when I stood next to one!
My fav color is bright orange and mines more for summer fun driving and offroading. So im incredibly happy with the color
__________________
-Jack
2013 JK - Crush Clear Coat-6 Speed Manual-Hardtop-3.73 Ratio
-Rock Krawler 2.5 Max Travel-Fox 2.0 IFP Racing Shocks-Rugged Ridge XHD Front Bumper w/ Pre-Runner-Ace Rock Sliders-Ace Rear Bumper w/ Tire Carrier-Super Winch Tiger Shark 9500 Winch-Spod-Escort 9500ix-Level 8 Trackers-315/75/16 Duratracs
Jackster3 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-22-2012, 08:46 AM   #29
Jeeper
 
Jackster3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 1,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by pebbles1472
The name of the color of my POS was Daytona Blue Metallic. I can't find the color of this Jeep listed in the colors that I find for '10 Jeeps.
Deep water blue pearl is the color
__________________
-Jack
2013 JK - Crush Clear Coat-6 Speed Manual-Hardtop-3.73 Ratio
-Rock Krawler 2.5 Max Travel-Fox 2.0 IFP Racing Shocks-Rugged Ridge XHD Front Bumper w/ Pre-Runner-Ace Rock Sliders-Ace Rear Bumper w/ Tire Carrier-Super Winch Tiger Shark 9500 Winch-Spod-Escort 9500ix-Level 8 Trackers-315/75/16 Duratracs
Jackster3 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-22-2012, 08:56 AM   #30
Jeeper
 
pebbles1472's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Northwestern Illinois
Posts: 509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackster3

Deep water blue pearl is the color
Thank you....I looked in 2010 colors but the blue they have is no where near thus color. All I know is that I am in love with my 'new' Jeep!

pebbles1472 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:51 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC