Audio apgrades? - Page 2 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 06-03-2013, 03:07 PM   #31
Jeeper
 
n00g7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Northern VT // Western Wisconsin
Posts: 1,705
I have a TJ, I'd hope the JK pods are a bit better. I did Poly fill + liberal use of crossover to cut out everything but 250hz+ to pods (they suck with bass). And I think around 100hz high-pass for fronts, 110Hz low pass to sub (very poor bass/mid-bass from fronts in the tj due to infinite baffle). I listen to country, would be set up differently for other music.

__________________
That moment when you look at a really nice JK and think to yourself, "Well I SUPPOSE I could see myself trading in my TJ for one of those, but for those ugly ass door handles."
n00g7 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-03-2013, 06:39 PM   #32
Jeeper
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: South Bend, Indiana
Posts: 18
Please trust me on this one, Because I love a great sounding sterio. You do not have to replace the radio or add amps. Just install the JL Audio speakers. They offer a speaker system just for the JK's It will have two new 6 1/2 woofers for the bottom , And two new 6 1/2 two ways for the sound bar , These take care of the mid's and high's , the system also gives you two new tweeter that replace the ones up on the dash . I got the whole set up on EBay for $169.00 with free shipping. My Local Audio specialty store wanted $480.00 for the same set up. I tell you the truth my music kicks butt , the sound quality is over the top. Its not a picknick replacing the speakers but its way worth all the effort. And yes by all means stuff the sound bar full of polly fill.

laville is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-03-2013, 06:44 PM   #33
Jeeper
 
Jlho1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 422
For the time being I'm looking to upgrade my speakers (not set on front or soundbar) maybe some of you can help on that. Again, speakers only. TIA
Jlho1980 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-03-2013, 06:45 PM   #34
Jeeper
 
Jlho1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by laville View Post
Please trust me on this one, Because I love a great sounding sterio. You do not have to replace the radio or add amps. Just install the JL Audio speakers. They offer a speaker system just for the JK's It will have two new 6 1/2 woofers for the bottom , And two new 6 1/2 two ways for the sound bar , These take care of the mid's and high's , the system also gives you two new tweeter that replace the ones up on the dash . I got the whole set up on EBay for $169.00 with free shipping. My Local Audio specialty store wanted $480.00 for the same set up. I tell you the truth my music kicks butt , the sound quality is over the top. Its not a picknick replacing the speakers but its way worth all the effort. And yes by all means stuff the sound bar full of polly fill.
This is good to know. Do you have a link or part numbers? Glad things worked out for you.
Jlho1980 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-03-2013, 07:29 PM   #35
Jeeper
 
woansleftpeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by laville View Post
Please trust me on this one, Because I love a great sounding sterio. You do not have to replace the radio or add amps. Just install the JL Audio speakers. They offer a speaker system just for the JK's It will have two new 6 1/2 woofers for the bottom , And two new 6 1/2 two ways for the sound bar , These take care of the mid's and high's , the system also gives you two new tweeter that replace the ones up on the dash . I got the whole set up on EBay for $169.00 with free shipping. My Local Audio specialty store wanted $480.00 for the same set up. I tell you the truth my music kicks butt , the sound quality is over the top. Its not a picknick replacing the speakers but its way worth all the effort. And yes by all means stuff the sound bar full of polly fill.
I'm curious, what do you mean by "a speaker system just for the JKs"?
__________________
Hold my beer and watch this.......
woansleftpeg is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-03-2013, 11:01 PM   #36
rotaredoM

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
panthermark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago-land
Posts: 9,748
Images: 13
Found what I was looking for:

77kick46 is the 2007-2010 premium system amp. 77kck056 is the 2011+ premium system amp.

Seems like the 4.1 channel non premium amp would make more sense, because the factory amp only uses 6 channels...with two of those going to the sub.
In these Kicker systems, there is a separate amp that powers the Kicker sub. I would think that I would think that the Kicker 2 amp system (minus the sub) would an excellent near drop-in upgrade...especially if the factory sub wiring/harness could be used.



http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/kic...ml#post2444682



This is the Kicker sub system....you can see the sub amp.




Basically...for a 2011+, 4 door, premium system, I need the 77KCK052 sub system (minus the sub...so just the amp and harness) and the 77KCK056 amp. But I'm not sure of how to connect the sub amp output to to the wiring for the factory sub. It would be a simple connection harness the Kicker needs to make.
__________________
2013 Sahara Unlimited
Billet - Auto - 3.73 - Connectivity - Painted Hardtop - LSD - Remote Start - Saddle Leather - Side Airbags

I may mall crawl...but I look good doing it.....
panthermark is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-03-2013, 11:06 PM   #37
Jeeper
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by MangoTango34 View Post

I know that it is somewhere behind the covering below the steering wheel. And I would guess so, I dont know how that would alter anything like bluetooth
Thanks!
WranglerKCCO is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-04-2013, 09:45 AM   #38
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Houston
Posts: 141
I had my installer install the RF PBR300x1 (150x1rms in 2ohm config) in line in between the Alpine amp sub channel and an aftermarket 8" sub. The RF unit draws such little power (tested/measured) that we didn't even run a power kit to the battery. If you want a little more bass, this is the best option in my opinion. I was happy at first, but I want a little more. I have a 350x1rms Alpine amp in my closet that I'm going to install in the RF's place and get another 8" sub that can handle a little more power, at some point. The current setup is enough to hold me over for a while, though. In the mean time, I'm looking for a good deal on an LC8i to un-eq the shotty stock signal and re-eq it to an aftermarket amp.
__________________
2013 JKU Sport S Billet Silver Metallic
Ordered 02/27/2013 Picked up 04/09/2013
01svtL is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-04-2013, 12:16 PM   #39
Jeeper
 
DarthGromit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Boise, ID
Posts: 67
Since i roll summers with no doors or windows, im afraid of replacing the HU and just having it stolen, so im gonna try and keep the stock HU if i can and just upgrade the speakers. we'll see how it goes.
DarthGromit is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-04-2013, 12:28 PM   #40
Jeeper
 
CoreyZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Littleton, CO
Posts: 2,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by woansleftpeg View Post
Is that right? How does the head unit provide EQ capabilities in a non-premium config then? Surely you must be able to just take the speaker level outputs from the factory HU and feed them to an aftermarket amp? I never bothered with looking at any of this because I had the crappiest of crappy head units that was only ever going to become landfill.
Quote:
Originally Posted by woansleftpeg View Post
So are they different head units, or is it simply a programming change to tell the HU that it's in premium mode?
Im late to the party, but yeah... coming from the factory, the stock HU without premium sound outputs all signals from the HU to the speakers. The premium however is the same head unit but the ECU is flashed to know that there is an amp, and so the HU only outputs 1 channel. The Canbus tells the amp (per the head unit) what to do with the audio (balance, fade etc). Essentially getting the premium system turns your head unit into a "dumb terminal" while everything and anything is truly controlled from the amp.

I havent heard if the dealership can hook up the starscann and remove the premium code and re-enable the full output from the HU however.
CoreyZ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-04-2013, 12:59 PM   #41
Jeeper
 
woansleftpeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyZ View Post
Im late to the party, but yeah... coming from the factory, the stock HU without premium sound outputs all signals from the HU to the speakers. The premium however is the same head unit but the ECU is flashed to know that there is an amp, and so the HU only outputs 1 channel. The Canbus tells the amp (per the head unit) what to do with the audio (balance, fade etc). Essentially getting the premium system turns your head unit into a "dumb terminal" while everything and anything is truly controlled from the amp.

I havent heard if the dealership can hook up the starscann and remove the premium code and re-enable the full output from the HU however.
The vehicle ECU tells the head unit to run in factory amp mode? In that case, I wonder if someone like Superchips could make it a function of Flashcal.
__________________
Hold my beer and watch this.......
woansleftpeg is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-04-2013, 01:09 PM   #42
Jeeper
 
st1264's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Windsor, ON (near Detroit)
Posts: 1,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by laville View Post
Please trust me on this one, Because I love a great sounding sterio. You do not have to replace the radio or add amps. Just install the JL Audio speakers. They offer a speaker system just for the JK's It will have two new 6 1/2 woofers for the bottom , And two new 6 1/2 two ways for the sound bar , These take care of the mid's and high's , the system also gives you two new tweeter that replace the ones up on the dash . I got the whole set up on EBay for $169.00 with free shipping. My Local Audio specialty store wanted $480.00 for the same set up. I tell you the truth my music kicks butt , the sound quality is over the top. Its not a picknick replacing the speakers but its way worth all the effort. And yes by all means stuff the sound bar full of polly fill.
Sounds like an upgrade over stock but you still need appropriate power and crossovers to run the upgraded speakers properly. Even with the premium system's tiny amp, they are underpowered. Best thing to do is to replace everything. Some people are happy with mediocre sounding audio, but many of us who've swapped audio in all of our vehicles know the difference.
__________________
Save ammo for the Zombie invasion!

13' JKU Sport S, Black
st1264 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-04-2013, 01:25 PM   #43
Jeeper
 
CoreyZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Littleton, CO
Posts: 2,004
To the non-discernable ear, replacing speakers helps. Mainly because even the stock infinity speakers are kinda crappy. Better drivers help make it a little clearer. It wont help with power, but it can help with clarity and sound distribution.
CoreyZ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-04-2013, 01:32 PM   #44
Jeeper
 
MangoTango34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Middle of Kansas
Posts: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by panthermark View Post
Found what I was looking for:

77kick46 is the 2007-2010 premium system amp. 77kck056 is the 2011+ premium system amp.

Seems like the 4.1 channel non premium amp would make more sense, because the factory amp only uses 6 channels...with two of those going to the sub.
In these Kicker systems, there is a separate amp that powers the Kicker sub. I would think that I would think that the Kicker 2 amp system (minus the sub) would an excellent near drop-in upgrade...especially if the factory sub wiring/harness could be used.



http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/kic...ml#post2444682



This is the Kicker sub system....you can see the sub amp.




Basically...for a 2011+, 4 door, premium system, I need the 77KCK052 sub system (minus the sub...so just the amp and harness) and the 77KCK056 amp. But I'm not sure of how to connect the sub amp output to to the wiring for the factory sub. It would be a simple connection harness the Kicker needs to make.
so could I get this for my 2011 2 door? if so I would wanna take the stock sub out. and how would I get the piece that covers up that spot where the sub was that comes in the sports that never had a sub?
__________________
Sometimes I have to make my own type of wheeling.
It's a Jeep thing - live with it.

/l ,[_],
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)----)_)
MangoTango34 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-04-2013, 01:38 PM   #45
Jeeper
 
woansleftpeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by st1264 View Post
Sounds like an upgrade over stock but you still need appropriate power and crossovers to run the upgraded speakers properly. Even with the premium system's tiny amp, they are underpowered. Best thing to do is to replace everything. Some people are happy with mediocre sounding audio, but many of us who've swapped audio in all of our vehicles know the difference.
I'm curious to know more about this JK-specific set of JL speakers that includes a replacement component set and is available as a package for $169. I'm presuming they're TRs, which despite being the bottom of JL's range are still excellent speakers because JL don't make crap, but without additional amplification they're not going to be great because the stock amplifier is barely pushing the bottom end of their operating range.
__________________
Hold my beer and watch this.......
woansleftpeg is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-04-2013, 01:40 PM   #46
Jeeper
 
woansleftpeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by MangoTango34 View Post
so could I get this for my 2011 2 door? if so I would wanna take the stock sub out. and how would I get the piece that covers up that spot where the sub was that comes in the sports that never had a sub?
You'll have to buy it as a Mopar part, I believe it's about a hundred bucks but you can sell your sub version for considerably more.
__________________
Hold my beer and watch this.......
woansleftpeg is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-04-2013, 01:40 PM   #47
Jeeper
 
st1264's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Windsor, ON (near Detroit)
Posts: 1,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyZ View Post
To the non-discernable ear, replacing speakers helps. Mainly because even the stock infinity speakers are kinda crappy. Better drivers help make it a little clearer. It wont help with power, but it can help with clarity and sound distribution.
Agreed. But JK's have horrible a HU, speakers and Amp. Add in the importance of sound deadening material, proper amp/speaker matching and crossover networks. The one guy swapped the speakers and is only getting a small percentage improvement.

The person who replaces everything will have a 10 fold improvement over just swapping the speakers. Underpower your upgraded speakers and they may sound good at low volumes, turn them up and they'll distort like hell.
__________________
Save ammo for the Zombie invasion!

13' JKU Sport S, Black
st1264 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-05-2013, 01:42 AM   #48
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 206
I am really confused.. I have a 2013 JKUR with the premium sounds and the 720N piece of crap system.. What a waste.. Should have gotten a bare sport and upgraded EVERYTHING.. Kinda like what I am doing now anyway.. Except I would have been 15k+ Richer...

Anyway.. I am confused.. I want to.. I NEED to upgrade.. my sound is nauseating me and the people around me. It is embarrassing in fact. Especiually when I am rolling down the street, doors off, roof off, music blasting. Very unattractive with this level of shitty sound.
Money is no option. I want to start with replacing all the speakers. And then moving on to the more difficult things like Amp what not.. I am a total newbie to this. Does this make sense? If so, what are all the speaker sizes? And how do I replace this garbage "sub woofer" I will try to find the best possible speakers out there.

I have been reading thread on threads and my head now hurts.
I will poly-fill this week but that is just to hold me over till I start swapping the garbage out.
I don't think I am wanting to upgrade my HU since I paid so much for this crap.. It would make me feel retarded doing so..
__________________
2013 JKUR Black on Black.

TruckLite LED headlights, Ace Rock Rails,
RK Max Travel PRO, 15" Level 8 wheels, 35", Wrangler MT/R tires, Mopar fuel door,Weathertech mats, RuggedRidge trunk mat
daavid3 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-05-2013, 02:01 AM   #49
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by daavid3 View Post
I am really confused.. I have a 2013 JKUR with the premium sounds and the 720N piece of crap system.. What a waste.. Should have gotten a bare sport and upgraded EVERYTHING.. Kinda like what I am doing now anyway.. Except I would have been 15k+ Richer...

Anyway.. I am confused.. I want to.. I NEED to upgrade.. my sound is nauseating me and the people around me. It is embarrassing in fact. Especiually when I am rolling down the street, doors off, roof off, music blasting. Very unattractive with this level of shitty sound.
Money is no option. I want to start with replacing all the speakers. And then moving on to the more difficult things like Amp what not.. I am a total newbie to this. Does this make sense? If so, what are all the speaker sizes? And how do I replace this garbage "sub woofer" I will try to find the best possible speakers out there.

I have been reading thread on threads and my head now hurts.
I will poly-fill this week but that is just to hold me over till I start swapping the garbage out.
I don't think I am wanting to upgrade my HU since I paid so much for this crap.. It would make me feel retarded doing so..

Did some more research and it looks like there is no solution without swapping the head unit.. I guess I was just venting is all...
__________________
2013 JKUR Black on Black.

TruckLite LED headlights, Ace Rock Rails,
RK Max Travel PRO, 15" Level 8 wheels, 35", Wrangler MT/R tires, Mopar fuel door,Weathertech mats, RuggedRidge trunk mat
daavid3 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-05-2013, 07:46 AM   #50
Jeeper
 
woansleftpeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,332
You can easily upgrade without replacing the head unit. Your best option is probably to leave the amp in place as well, use line output converters on the signals from the factory amp to connect to an aftermarket amp, and replace all the speakers including the subwoofer.
__________________
Hold my beer and watch this.......
woansleftpeg is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-05-2013, 08:21 AM   #51
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Houston
Posts: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by daavid3 View Post
I am really confused.. I have a 2013 JKUR with the premium sounds and the 720N piece of crap system.. What a waste.. Should have gotten a bare sport and upgraded EVERYTHING.. Kinda like what I am doing now anyway.. Except I would have been 15k+ Richer...

Anyway.. I am confused.. I want to.. I NEED to upgrade.. my sound is nauseating me and the people around me. It is embarrassing in fact. Especiually when I am rolling down the street, doors off, roof off, music blasting. Very unattractive with this level of shitty sound.
Money is no option. I want to start with replacing all the speakers. And then moving on to the more difficult things like Amp what not.. I am a total newbie to this. Does this make sense? If so, what are all the speaker sizes? And how do I replace this garbage "sub woofer" I will try to find the best possible speakers out there.

I have been reading thread on threads and my head now hurts.
I will poly-fill this week but that is just to hold me over till I start swapping the garbage out.
I don't think I am wanting to upgrade my HU since I paid so much for this crap.. It would make me feel retarded doing so..
I switched out the sub and added an amp. While it's better than factory, it still isn't very good. It sounds like it is bottoming out. I'm thinking it's because the enclosure is too small for the sub. So, in a week or two, I plan on buying this sub: Sundown Audio SD 2 8 D4 8" Slim Mount Sub Dual 4 Ohms Shallow Bass Subwoofer | eBay

and running a more powerful amp to it. Sundown is a great brand, and this particular sub is designed to run in a .25 cuft enclosure. I would guess the stock enclosure is between .25-.30. Closer to .25 once you line the entire thing with dynamat. Hopefully this will handle my bass problem. I also switched out the front tweeters for a pair of polk 1" and it cleaned up the "muddiness" in the front a little. I have the factory Alpine upgrade as well, btw.
__________________
2013 JKU Sport S Billet Silver Metallic
Ordered 02/27/2013 Picked up 04/09/2013
01svtL is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-05-2013, 09:17 AM   #52
Jeeper
 
st1264's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Windsor, ON (near Detroit)
Posts: 1,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by daavid3 View Post
I am really confused.. I have a 2013 JKUR with the premium sounds and the 720N piece of crap system.. What a waste.. Should have gotten a bare sport and upgraded EVERYTHING..
I don't think I am wanting to upgrade my HU since I paid so much for this crap.. It would make me feel retarded doing so..
I suggest you rip everything out... you could always sell the 720N on the forum or CL. Believe it or not, there are people who are satisfied with their JK sound system

Those of us who know good sound realize it's garbage that we overpaid for
__________________
Save ammo for the Zombie invasion!

13' JKU Sport S, Black
st1264 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-05-2013, 10:18 AM   #53
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by woansleftpeg View Post
You can easily upgrade without replacing the head unit. Your best option is probably to leave the amp in place as well, use line output converters on the signals from the factory amp to connect to an aftermarket amp, and replace all the speakers including the subwoofer.

Do you suggest I go with Kicker? Or something like JL?
I can just disconnect the existing speakers and simply plug in the new ones? Or do I need wiring harnesses of any kind?

Thanks
__________________
2013 JKUR Black on Black.

TruckLite LED headlights, Ace Rock Rails,
RK Max Travel PRO, 15" Level 8 wheels, 35", Wrangler MT/R tires, Mopar fuel door,Weathertech mats, RuggedRidge trunk mat
daavid3 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-05-2013, 10:22 AM   #54
Jeeper
 
woansleftpeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by daavid3 View Post
Do you suggest I go with Kicker? Or something like JL?
I can just disconnect the existing speakers and simply plug in the new ones? Or do I need wiring harnesses of any kind?

Thanks
Which speakers you choose will be driven by a number of things, primarily your budget. Ask ten people what speakers to get and you'll receive ten different answers, and none of them will be right because they're just going to tell you what they bought, not necessarily what's best for you.

You can either rewire, or re-use the factory wiring. Rewiring is a good thing to do but time consuming and not really necessary, it depends on how much time and effort you want to invest. If you use the stock wiring you can either buy converters for the factory plugs, or cut them off and wire directly. I recommend the converters.
__________________
Hold my beer and watch this.......
woansleftpeg is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-05-2013, 12:12 PM   #55
Jeeper
 
st1264's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Windsor, ON (near Detroit)
Posts: 1,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by daavid3 View Post
Do you suggest I go with Kicker? Or something like JL?
I can just disconnect the existing speakers and simply plug in the new ones? Or do I need wiring harnesses of any kind?
Go to a car audio place and listen on the board... definitely get components for the front, with good tweeters. Tweeters are also a subjective thing, everyone's ears are different.

As for JL or Kicker, I like Kicker subs, JL amps/subs are fantastic, but my opinion is that there may be better price vs performance speakers out there for you. Like was already posted, depends on your ears and your wallet. $150 Alpine components may sound as good as $300 JL components to you, so go listen.
__________________
Save ammo for the Zombie invasion!

13' JKU Sport S, Black
st1264 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-05-2013, 12:25 PM   #56
Jeeper
 
n00g7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Northern VT // Western Wisconsin
Posts: 1,705
Alpine, JL or Polk, pass on the rest. Buy any of those off amazon or crutchfield and you'll be happy.
__________________
That moment when you look at a really nice JK and think to yourself, "Well I SUPPOSE I could see myself trading in my TJ for one of those, but for those ugly ass door handles."
n00g7 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-06-2013, 12:38 AM   #57
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by st1264 View Post
Go to a car audio place and listen on the board... definitely get components for the front, with good tweeters. Tweeters are also a subjective thing, everyone's ears are different.

As for JL or Kicker, I like Kicker subs, JL amps/subs are fantastic, but my opinion is that there may be better price vs performance speakers out there for you. Like was already posted, depends on your ears and your wallet. $150 Alpine components may sound as good as $300 JL components to you, so go listen.
Awesome guys appreciate all the help.

So here is what I got going so far..

ZR100-CT - JL Audio Evolution ZR Series 1" aluminum dome tweeter

JL Audio 8W3V3-4 8" Single 4-Ohm W3V3 Series Subwoofer

JL Audio C2-650X Evolution™ Series 6-1/2" 2-way car speakers
these are for the front or sound bar? Or do I just get 4 of these?

Can I get away with an AMP such as
Jl Audio Jx500/1d Mono Subwoofer Amplifier - 500 Watts RMS X 1 At 2 Ohms


Does this setup work? Any suggestions?

THANK YOU GUYS!! Much apprec
__________________
2013 JKUR Black on Black.

TruckLite LED headlights, Ace Rock Rails,
RK Max Travel PRO, 15" Level 8 wheels, 35", Wrangler MT/R tires, Mopar fuel door,Weathertech mats, RuggedRidge trunk mat
daavid3 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-06-2013, 01:29 AM   #58
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by daavid3 View Post
Awesome guys appreciate all the help.

So here is what I got going so far..

ZR100-CT - JL Audio Evolution ZR Series 1" aluminum dome tweeter

JL Audio 8W3V3-4 8" Single 4-Ohm W3V3 Series Subwoofer

JL Audio C2-650X Evolution™ Series 6-1/2" 2-way car speakers
these are for the front or sound bar? Or do I just get 4 of these?

Can I get away with an AMP such as
Jl Audio Jx500/1d Mono Subwoofer Amplifier - 500 Watts RMS X 1 At 2 Ohms


Does this setup work? Any suggestions?

THANK YOU GUYS!! Much apprec
Or should I go with something like XD600/1 - JL Audio 600 Watt Class D Monoblock Subwoofer Amplifier
__________________
2013 JKUR Black on Black.

TruckLite LED headlights, Ace Rock Rails,
RK Max Travel PRO, 15" Level 8 wheels, 35", Wrangler MT/R tires, Mopar fuel door,Weathertech mats, RuggedRidge trunk mat
daavid3 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-06-2013, 10:17 AM   #59
Jeeper
 
st1264's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Windsor, ON (near Detroit)
Posts: 1,252
If you are running 4 high performance speakers you will need an amp for them and another for your sub... unless you buy a 5 channel amp.

I had a JL Slash 75x4 running my full range speakers & JL 500x1 running my subs (in a previous vehicle). Sounded great.
__________________
Save ammo for the Zombie invasion!

13' JKU Sport S, Black
st1264 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-06-2013, 11:01 AM   #60
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by st1264 View Post
If you are running 4 high performance speakers you will need an amp for them and another for your sub... unless you buy a 5 channel amp.

I had a JL Slash 75x4 running my full range speakers & JL 500x1 running my subs (in a previous vehicle). Sounded great.

Would the JL - XD700/5 be sufficient?

__________________
2013 JKUR Black on Black.

TruckLite LED headlights, Ace Rock Rails,
RK Max Travel PRO, 15" Level 8 wheels, 35", Wrangler MT/R tires, Mopar fuel door,Weathertech mats, RuggedRidge trunk mat
daavid3 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:39 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC