awesome weekend! - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 08-24-2014, 10:01 PM   #1
Jeeper
 
YJ Nate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 429
awesome weekend!

Went out and wheeled the jk this weekend. I have to say, I am impressed!

2013 stock jk sport. Added sway bar disconnects and rocker protection. These are the only off road performance mods I've done. I was thoroughly impressed with the performance! I'll add more pics and whatnot once they're all sorted through.

Some larger tires and I'd easily be handling high blues.. Just wow!



Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20140824_230024.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	1423250

This picture is a poser shot I got when we stopped for lunch. It's hard to get pictures of myself driving after all! I'll have better shots once I get the pics from the others.

__________________
---

YJ enthusiast, JK owner


Hi, I'm Nate, and I'm a jeepaholic.
YJ Nate is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-24-2014, 10:08 PM   #2
Build Thread Queen

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
StarBrite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 8,137
Sounds like you had a great time!

__________________
2014 JKU FE - 'Celticon' - Hydro Blue Pearl - Auto - 3.73 - Premium Soft Top - TeraFlex 2.5" Lift w/Rancho 9000xl Shocks - 15" MBTKO/33" DuraTracs - ACE Rock Sliders/Cargo Basket - Rampage Recovery Bumper
My build thread: StarBrite's Celticon

Click HERE to become a WranglerForum Supporting Member!
StarBrite is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-24-2014, 10:17 PM   #3
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Bonecollector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Conroe, Texas
Posts: 693
Good times indeed... Let the wrenching begin!
Bonecollector is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-25-2014, 10:30 AM   #4
Jeeper
 
That Jeep Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Sweden
Posts: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by YJ Nate View Post
Went out and wheeled the jk this weekend. I have to say, I am impressed!

2013 stock jk sport. Added sway bar disconnects and rocker protection. These are the only off road performance mods I've done. I was thoroughly impressed with the performance! I'll add more pics and whatnot once they're all sorted through.

Some larger tires and I'd easily be handling high blues.. Just wow!



Attachment 1423250

This picture is a poser shot I got when we stopped for lunch. It's hard to get pictures of myself driving after all! I'll have better shots once I get the pics from the others.
Hang on to those pics to help remember this awesome weekend. You'll probably be using that word, "Wow", more often now. What you will be able to do later on with more experience and possibly some mods, although a tremendous amount of fun, is not exactly the same as the scary/intense feeling of exhilarating euphoria when conquering your first trails and obstacles in a stock Wrangler.

In fact, I would whole-heartedly recommend that you go out again and again and again in that stock Sport to learn all that you can and become more aware of what you may or may not need before you decide upon any/which further mods to get.
That Jeep Guy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-25-2014, 11:25 AM   #5
Jeeper
 
YJ Nate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 429
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Jeep Guy View Post
Hang on to those pics to help remember this awesome weekend. You'll probably be using that word, "Wow", more often now. What you will be able to do later on with more experience and possibly some mods, although a tremendous amount of fun, is not exactly the same as the scary/intense feeling of exhilarating euphoria when conquering your first trails and obstacles in a stock Wrangler.

In fact, I would whole-heartedly recommend that you go out again and again and again in that stock Sport to learn all that you can and become more aware of what you may or may not need before you decide upon any/which further mods to get.
Oh, this is in no way my first time out.

In this jeep it is, but not for me. I had a built YJ before this, and got into some pretty hairy stuff with it.

My wow factor at the moment is simply at how truly capable this little JK really is!

Here are some videos from the weekend.

JAOCMJ 2014, AOAA - YouTube

I havent gottent he videos _of_ me yet, just a few dash-cam style videos I took.

Pictures here:
SWBCrawler: Trips ┬╗ JAOCMJ 2014, AOAA

Again, still waiting on pics that feature me and my jeep. These are all the pics i took.
__________________
---

YJ enthusiast, JK owner


Hi, I'm Nate, and I'm a jeepaholic.
YJ Nate is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-25-2014, 11:56 AM   #6
Jeeper
 
YJ Nate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 429
Not bad...

__________________
---

YJ enthusiast, JK owner


Hi, I'm Nate, and I'm a jeepaholic.
YJ Nate is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-25-2014, 12:33 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
That Jeep Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Sweden
Posts: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by YJ Nate View Post
Oh, this is in no way my first time out.

In this jeep it is, but not for me. I had a built YJ before this, and got into some pretty hairy stuff with it.

My wow factor at the moment is simply at how truly capable this little JK really is!
My bad; I guess I misinterpreted what you had written.

But i suppose if you think back a bit you can understand what I meant and perhaps why I thought it worth mentioning.

And the JK/JKUs do have that wow factor you talked about. A guy here has an old Cherokee and this past spring while we were out wheeling I let him drive my Wrangler through some huge rollers and up a loose, steep hill that he had just done with his Jeep. He could hardly stop talking about and comparing the difference at lunch long enough to eat. Which was really something considering how built his Cherokee is and how aggresively and fearlessly he takes it through and over things that some of the rest of us there might bypass.
That Jeep Guy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-25-2014, 12:39 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
MurderedJk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Corona, CA
Posts: 33
AWESOME! new JK owner here, stock w/swaybar disconnects.. just went out for a fun weekend as well man i l0ve this new lifestyle. new mods coming soon. Its also pretty impressive what these things can do right off the lot.
MurderedJk is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-25-2014, 12:44 PM   #9
Jeeper
 
YJ Nate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 429
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Jeep Guy View Post
My bad; I guess I misinterpreted what you had written.

But i suppose if you think back a bit you can understand what I meant and perhaps why I thought it worth mentioning.

And the JK/JKUs do have that wow factor you talked about. A guy here has an old Cherokee and this past spring while we were out wheeling I let him drive my Wrangler through some huge rollers and up a loose, steep hill that he had just done with his Jeep. He could hardly stop talking about and comparing the difference at lunch long enough to eat. Which was really something considering how built his Cherokee is and how aggresively and fearlessly he takes it through and over things that some of the rest of us there might bypass.
I completely understand where you're coming from. I've probably got almost 15 years experience on the trails, and I still remember that first real trip with a group of experienced guys very fondly. I may get more experienced, my rig may get more capable, the trails i run may get more technical or treacherous, but that first trip out to Paragon in early 2000's, is the one that really sticks out in my head. Everything before that was childs play, and everything after sort of blurs together.
__________________
---

YJ enthusiast, JK owner


Hi, I'm Nate, and I'm a jeepaholic.
YJ Nate is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-25-2014, 02:56 PM   #10
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Manassas, VA
Posts: 605
Nice video.
mikeJKUR is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-25-2014, 05:25 PM   #11
Jeeper
 
YJ Nate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 429
BTW. How's this for carnage?

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20140825_182447.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	1425546

From a buddies 2000 tj...
__________________
---

YJ enthusiast, JK owner


Hi, I'm Nate, and I'm a jeepaholic.
YJ Nate is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-25-2014, 05:32 PM   #12
Jeeper
 
Antonio_jku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 909
Quote:
Originally Posted by YJ Nate View Post
BTW. How's this for carnage? From a buddies 2000 tj...
What is that?
Antonio_jku is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-25-2014, 05:43 PM   #13
Jeeper
 
YJ Nate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio_jku View Post

What is that?
That would be his driver side motor mount.
__________________
---

YJ enthusiast, JK owner


Hi, I'm Nate, and I'm a jeepaholic.
YJ Nate is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-25-2014, 08:18 PM   #14
Jeeper
 
Antonio_jku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 909
Quote:
Originally Posted by YJ Nate View Post
That would be his driver side motor mount.

Ouch!!
Antonio_jku is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-25-2014, 08:24 PM   #15
Jeeper
 
YJ Nate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio_jku View Post

Ouch!!
Yea... Par for the course for this guy. He has some catastrophe every time we wheel and then he limps home to jersey (over 150 miles) every time.

__________________
---

YJ enthusiast, JK owner


Hi, I'm Nate, and I'm a jeepaholic.
YJ Nate is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Vendor Spotlight (Deals & More)
Jeep Parts - Jeep Wheels - Jeep Soft Tops
» Recent Threads

» Popular Tags
2.5 2014 advice audio axle bestop build bumper buying camping clutch dana 44 electrical engine exhaust fenders for sale frame hardtop hard top help advice help needed jeep jeep tj jeep wrangler jeep yj jku leak led lift lift advice lift kit lights manual mods newbie noise oem outdoorx4 overland parts rims rubicon rust sahara shocks soft top speakers sport springs steering stereo stock subwoofer suspension suspension lift swap tire tires tires and wheels top transfer case transmission unlimited wheels wheels and tires winch wiring wrangler wrangler tj
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:42 AM.



Jeep«, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC