Best bike rack available? - Page 3 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 09-02-2013, 08:19 AM   #61
Jeeper
 
rla1999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Posts: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by BXCc View Post
I am typically a die hard Thule customer. There warranty is top notch. After MUCH research and playing with many types in the stores, I felt the swagman was just as good, just not as fancy. And for half the cost. I'm regularly putting $7k+ worth of bikes on it so going "cheap" isn't really an option. For me, it was truly the best bang for the buck. Now I can put that extra $400 towards some new 27.5 Enve's.
I am currently looking at this Swagman in Amazon. It has great reviews; about 4.5 stars from 445 people. It's also close to the price I originally thought about. The Thule T2 is amazing but the cost is around $370-$400. I also like the Thule Helium Aero. It's around $270-$300. It seems I cannot go wrong with either. It's just a matter of me really thinking about what use will I have for a rack in the future. I don't go bike riding alot, I would say about once or twice a month. I may go more when I move in with my girlfriend in the near future. We have discussed going bike riding more often.

What is the condition of the rubber at the top that holds the bikes in place? Has it worn out much the time you have had this rack?

__________________
2013 Black Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
rla1999 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-02-2013, 08:25 AM   #62
Jeeper
 
rla1999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Posts: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba_steve View Post
Chiming in late...but I have had bike racks on jeeps for three decades...and hands down I prefer hitch-mount to spare tire mounts. I ruined tailgate hinges on one jeep with the added load (over years) since it is somewhat of a "live" load - i.e., the bikes can bounce around on rougher terrain. These racks also put a heck of a lot of strain on the hinges when you swing open the tailgate. The hitch mounts are amazingly easy to connect and remove. So much so, that you probably want to get a lock for it.

I am also a big fan of Thule. They make a quality product...in the USA. Yakima (made in Mexico) is okay, but IMO, Thule is better. My 2 bike Thule carrier is about 15 years-old, has been used a ton, and still looks brand new...and is still solid as a rock. Money well spent in my opinion.
Thanks for the great input. I figured Thule racks would last a long time. It's what's keeping them at the top spots of my list

__________________
2013 Black Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
rla1999 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-02-2013, 08:30 AM   #63
Jeeper
 
rla1999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Posts: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolpetewtf View Post
I bought a 4-bike rack for my 2" receiver a few weeks ago for under $100. It is by Allen Sports: Amazon.com: Allen Sports Deluxe 4-Bike Hitch Mount Rack (2-Inch Receiver): Automotive

It does work good, but it needs a 12" extension to work with my JK, otherwise the input shaft is too short to clear the spare tire. The cheapest I found was at Harbor Freight for $20. Everywhere else they were $40+.

It does tilt back for rear door access but as you can see with a Wrangler it does not clear the door even with the 12" extension. It really is not a problem for me since I only will use this is warmer months when the top is down so I can load stuff in from the side, but for some it could be.

Bikes stay sturdy. Might be the best solution for carrying 4 bikes - for about $115.
Thanks for the pictures and information. It's a good deal for $115. The only negative is how far the bikes would be from the spare tire. People here in South Florida drive crazy so I would be afraid to have my bikes that far back.
__________________
2013 Black Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
rla1999 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-02-2013, 08:32 AM   #64
Jeeper
 
rla1999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Posts: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socaltrailrider View Post
I own a Thule T2 hitch mounted rack and I highly recommend it it's really sturdy even Off-roading fireroads with it on!.. It's a sturdy, easy, quick mounting/dismounting, reliable design. And comes in 1 1/4" or 2" receivers size, the 2" model is expandable to a 4 bike rack if you like as well.

I put anywhere from bmx bikes to heavy downhill mountain bikes on mine and it holds up great! BUT it is costly at around $349+ or so!
The Thule T2 is my favorite. The only think holding me back is the price. My bike is a hybrid so it's not worth that much; Investing this type of money may not be wise for me. But I am still tempted since I know this would last me for years.
__________________
2013 Black Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
rla1999 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-02-2013, 09:44 AM   #65
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by rla1999 View Post
I am currently looking at this Swagman in Amazon. It has great reviews; about 4.5 stars from 445 people. It's also close to the price I originally thought about. The Thule T2 is amazing but the cost is around $370-$400. I also like the Thule Helium Aero. It's around $270-$300. It seems I cannot go wrong with either. It's just a matter of me really thinking about what use will I have for a rack in the future. I don't go bike riding alot, I would say about once or twice a month. I may go more when I move in with my girlfriend in the near future. We have discussed going bike riding more often.

What is the condition of the rubber at the top that holds the bikes in place? Has it worn out much the time you have had this rack?
The rubber is holding up great. No issues with frame marks on the carbon or aluminum bikes I have used with it either. The rubber is sort of like bouncy ball rubber. maybe a little stiffer. It's not a foam rubber that will rip easily. To save some money, you could look at the G10 or the older G2. Both are very similar to what I have but they only hold 2 bikes. The G10 retails for $330 and will fit 1.25 inch and 2 inch receivers.

G10 – 64681 NEW Now Available « Swagman
__________________
2014 JKUR Anvil / Saddle
Stock, auto, hardtop, leather, remote start
BXCc is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-02-2013, 09:49 AM   #66
Jeeper
 
Sonoma_Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Northern California
Posts: 658
Still looking we have a Yakima spareroc we want to sell - boyfriend sold his jeep and bike - I have mine $75

Our zip is 95492
__________________
~*~ Maybe I should be whispering sweet jeep modifications in your ear ~*~

So many options, but none in PINK
Sonoma_Girl is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-02-2013, 10:00 AM   #67
Jeeper
 
thinkxingu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NH
Posts: 994
Quote:
Originally Posted by BXCc View Post

This is what I just picked up. It works great with two or with four bikes. We have squishy bikes so the spare tire type wouldn't work for us. The arms of the rack don't fit thru the frame. Both of my daughters bikes fit fine too. One is a 20" wheel mountain bike and the other is a typical 16" girls bike.

Quad 2+2 64691 Now Available « Swagman

I'm not going to say it is as fancy as the Kuat NV, but I feel it is the best bang for the buck. It holds 4 bikes and my LBS ordered me one and it was under $450 with tax. The Thule T2 or Kuat's will be close to $800 if you add the extra two trays. I wasn't a fan of how it holds the frame (carbon bikes) but once I used it, I like it better than holding the wheel. When you hold the front wheel, the headset becomes a pivot point for wobbling.

J
For less than four hundred, you should be able to find a Thule Vertex Swing which opens much nicer than this version and makes a great beach chair carrier.
__________________
"I have a great ambition to die of exhaustion rather than boredom."
thinkxingu is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-02-2013, 10:43 AM   #68
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
For less than four hundred, you should be able to find a Thule Vertex Swing which opens much nicer than this version and makes a great beach chair carrier.
Yup. And Thule makes a great product. But buyer beware. When you hang the bikes from the top tube (part of frame that goes from seat to handle bars) they swing forward and back every time you hit the gas or brake. I'm personally not a big fan of my fiancee's $3k aluminum bike and my $5k carbon bike banging against each other when I hit the brakes. Also, have you have tried hanging a dual suspension bike with a non traditional top tube from that type of rack? Holy major PITA batman. That being said, if you have a couple standard frame bikes that you don't mind getting scratched up by a rack, it is a great option. And yes, i realize some racks have some support to stop the swinging but they still move a lot and hang awfully close together.
__________________
2014 JKUR Anvil / Saddle
Stock, auto, hardtop, leather, remote start
BXCc is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-02-2013, 10:46 AM   #69
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by xzy View Post
Anyone who has a 1up will tell you they're the best on the market. Don't forget to secure your bikes. Cables are false security. Get a Pragmasis chain. Made in the UK, but Lockitt.com sells them here. Worth the money imo.
Second this (or I guess 4th it or whatever after reading the thread) I have a 1up and it is incredible. Truly the best on the market. Most people won't drop $600 for a 2 bike rack though.

As mentioned it grips the tires so no scratching. It fits pretty much any bike/wheel size. I've got a 26" heavy slopestyle, a 29" XC MTB and a couple of skinny tired roadies. All good.

It uses a special allen wrench to secure it to the hitch so not too many worries about theft (except from another 1up owner) but you can always fold it up and throw it in back.

It's ultra simple to use as well, the fastest loading and unloading of any rack I've used.

Here it is on the wifey's car, no wrangler pic of it but it's worth noting the spare tire means you need a longer hitch or an extension to clear it.

big_slacker is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-02-2013, 01:31 PM   #70
Newb
 
mickman06LJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Woodstock GA
Posts: 2
Images: 7
Allen bike carrier for spare tire

Quote:
Originally Posted by rla1999 View Post
Thanks for the pictures and information. It's a good deal for $115. The only negative is how far the bikes would be from the spare tire. People here in South Florida drive crazy so I would be afraid to have my bikes that far back.

Allen Part 645RR - Receiver Mount Bike Rack

The Allen but made for Jeeps with spare tire on back so no extension needed. Just picked one up for my TJ.

Good Luck!
__________________
If you're gonna be stupid you gotta be tough.
mickman06LJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-02-2013, 04:05 PM   #71
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by big_slacker View Post

Second this (or I guess 4th it or whatever after reading the thread) I have a 1up and it is incredible. Truly the best on the market. Most people won't drop $600 for a 2 bike rack though.

As mentioned it grips the tires so no scratching. It fits pretty much any bike/wheel size. I've got a 26" heavy slopestyle, a 29" XC MTB and a couple of skinny tired roadies. All good.

It uses a special allen wrench to secure it to the hitch so not too many worries about theft (except from another 1up owner) but you can always fold it up and throw it in back.

It's ultra simple to use as well, the fastest loading and unloading of any rack I've used.

Here it is on the wifey's car, no wrangler pic of it but it's worth noting the spare tire means you need a longer hitch or an extension to clear it.

Sorry for multi post, can't edit in the phone app? I installed my hidden hitch today and took a couple pics.

With the slopestyle and the roadie.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3521216720.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	224.1 KB
ID:	305385   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2907946242.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	221.9 KB
ID:	305393  

big_slacker is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-02-2013, 04:12 PM   #72
Jeeper
 
thinkxingu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NH
Posts: 994
Quote:
Originally Posted by BXCc View Post

Yup. And Thule makes a great product. But buyer beware. When you hang the bikes from the top tube (part of frame that goes from seat to handle bars) they swing forward and back every time you hit the gas or brake. I'm personally not a big fan of my fiancee's $3k aluminum bike and my $5k carbon bike banging against each other when I hit the brakes. Also, have you have tried hanging a dual suspension bike with a non traditional top tube from that type of rack? Holy major PITA batman. That being said, if you have a couple standard frame bikes that you don't mind getting scratched up by a rack, it is a great option. And yes, i realize some racks have some support to stop the swinging but they still move a lot and hang awfully close together.
Not sure how you're scratching the frames, as they're all rubber holders. And the anti-swing brackets do a great job. My bikes aren't crazy money, $3500 & $3000, but they're enough to consider what you mentioned and I don't have any issues. The utility of size and flexibility far outweigh anything else.

To the OP, check out the swingaway styles- not having access to the back when biking, or any other time the rack is on, blows.
__________________
"I have a great ambition to die of exhaustion rather than boredom."
thinkxingu is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-02-2013, 05:31 PM   #73
Jeeper
 
JKPaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Alpha Centauri
Posts: 315
Images: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by BXCc View Post
Yup. And Thule makes a great product. But buyer beware. When you hang the bikes from the top tube (part of frame that goes from seat to handle bars) they swing forward and back every time you hit the gas or brake. I'm personally not a big fan of my fiancee's $3k aluminum bike and my $5k carbon bike banging against each other when I hit the brakes. Also, have you have tried hanging a dual suspension bike with a non traditional top tube from that type of rack? Holy major PITA batman. That being said, if you have a couple standard frame bikes that you don't mind getting scratched up by a rack, it is a great option. And yes, i realize some racks have some support to stop the swinging but they still move a lot and hang awfully close together.
Try this for non-traditional type of frames its called a UBar. It goes between the handle bar and seat posts, works great, we use it a lot for my wife's bike due to her frame configuration. The Swagman rack we use keeps the bikes held firm, no swinging or banging. http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/bes...ml#post4157273
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ubar.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	9.2 KB
ID:	305793  
__________________
"Life's hard, harder when you're stupid"-John Wayne

'95 YJ -GOOD!
'10 JK -BETTER!!
'12 JK -BEST!!!
JKPaul is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-03-2013, 07:19 AM   #74
xzy
Jeeper
 
xzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Toledo
Posts: 494
If there is anyone who's thinking about buying a 1up you might want to read this thread on MBTR if you haven't already. There is no other rack or product that I know of that has such overwhelming approval. Many of these guys have tried most other racks on the market. There is a reason 1up has almost a cult following. They're simply that good.

When I bought mine I was a little hesitant to spend the money but 76 pages of positive comments can't be wrong.....and they weren't. 1up's are worth every penny and then some.

Just thought I'd pass it on in case anyone is interested...

1up Quick Rack Quick Review.
xzy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-03-2013, 07:51 AM   #75
Jeeper
 
Phierce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Mass
Posts: 81
Like I said on page 1...1upUSA is by far the best.
I will get a few pictures up tonight.
__________________
Too many toys, not enough time.
Phierce is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-03-2013, 09:16 AM   #76
Jeeper
 
JKPaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Alpha Centauri
Posts: 315
Images: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phierce View Post
Like I said on page 1...1upUSA is by far the best.
I will get a few pictures up tonight.
Holy Moly! Looks like a deep space antenna array. That's pretty big.
__________________
"Life's hard, harder when you're stupid"-John Wayne

'95 YJ -GOOD!
'10 JK -BETTER!!
'12 JK -BEST!!!
JKPaul is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-03-2013, 09:18 AM   #77
Jeeper
 
lolpetewtf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Sudbury, MA
Posts: 1,941
Wow you guys spend some serious dough on bikes. I have a $480 BMX I thought was a lot of green. lol
__________________
2012 Cosmos Blue JK
Galaxy DX-99v2/Sirio 5000

S Package/Auto/Dual Top
Custom Stereo/20% Tint
lolpetewtf is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-03-2013, 11:36 AM   #78
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKPaul View Post
Holy Moly! Looks like a deep space antenna array. That's pretty big.
Only if you're carrying 4 bikes. Each bike is one of those add ons.

As for cost of bikes, IMO bike prices have gone nuclear and people are buying chinese mass produced frames for outrageous markup, and this year's newest fancy shifter/brake/crank, etc... paying SRAM/Shimano's R&D budget off happily.

And the funny thing is they'll be exactly as fast as they would be on a bike costing a quarter as much. The other funny thing is that you can buy their bike a year later for half what they paid when they move on to the latest and greatest.
big_slacker is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-03-2013, 11:54 AM   #79
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Posts: 23
Images: 3
I definitely want to invest in something like this. It's good to know they're not necessarily as expensive as I first thought.
JeepSean is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-03-2013, 12:05 PM   #80
xzy
Jeeper
 
xzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Toledo
Posts: 494
The things to remember about 1up racks are they are expensive but extremely well engineered and very robust, however they do not photograph well and you must buy it sight unseen, unless you know someone who has one. There is an unconditional money back if you don't like it, but I've never heard of anyone returning one. No plastic to degrade or break down either.

I bought the two bike carrier. It can't be made into a single carrier although I usually only carry one bike. I didn't think it was worth the extra money for black, and silver is better visibility for cars behind you. It has a great and secure way of attaching to the receiver, and folds up in a minute to store in your Jeep or trunk. As more than a few guys on MTBR would say....just shut up and buy it
xzy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-03-2013, 12:14 PM   #81
Jeeper
 
insylem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Enterprise, Alabama.
Posts: 798
Images: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rla1999 View Post
I am interested in getting a bike rack that can hold two bikes for my JK. What do you guys recommend? Something $150 or less if possible

A friend from work gave me a Cycleon. It works great for me. I can use it on my Cobalt or my Jeep. It fits into the hitch reciever. At first I was a little concerned about the spare tire interfearing with the pedal on the first bike, but it doesn't cause a problem.

The only issue I've had was after a nice hard Mt bike trail ride, I barly had the strengh to lift my bike onto the rack. Next time I'll take my Cobalt. It's lower to the ground, eayser to lift onto the rack when you're worn out.
__________________
2013 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 10th Anniversary
insylem is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-04-2013, 03:36 PM   #82
Newb
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: The Bluff City
Posts: 2
I just wanted to add to this thread because it was helpful for me as I researched the best rack for my TJ. I was mainly looking at Yakima and Kuat because I get a pretty nice discount on those brands through work. I ended up going with the Kuat Sherpa and could not be more pleased. A coworker has the 1UP, but for the price I could carry two bikes with the Sherpa as opposed to just one with the 1UP. I did not have to use an extension on my factory hitch, and I am able to fold the rack up with no interference from the spare tire. This was my biggest concern, because it seemed like everyone who is using an extension on their Wranglers is doing so because they have a full tire on the back. I had also emailed their support a question and received a timely and helpful response.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130903_125942.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	221.6 KB
ID:	312369   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130903_184748.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	224.1 KB
ID:	312377  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130903_184759.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	231.4 KB
ID:	312385  
jonesdavide is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-04-2013, 04:41 PM   #83
Jeeper
 
domr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 68
To those with the 1UP rack:

Are you using an OEM style receiver, an extended receiver such as the Hidden Hitch, or using an extension? Does the rack fold up without interfering with the spare? Does the rack fold down and allow the tailgate to be opened? Thanks.
domr is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-04-2013, 05:48 PM   #84
Newb
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by xzy View Post
If there is anyone who's thinking about buying a 1up you might want to read this thread on MBTR if you haven't already. There is no other rack or product that I know of that has such overwhelming approval. Many of these guys have tried most other racks on the market. There is a reason 1up has almost a cult following. They're simply that good.

When I bought mine I was a little hesitant to spend the money but 76 pages of positive comments can't be wrong.....and they weren't. 1up's are worth every penny and then some.

Just thought I'd pass it on in case anyone is interested...
I don't think I want/need something that big on the back of my Jeep. At highway speed I may attain lift-off and I don't have my pilots license. For what I need all my research points to the Swagman as having the best bang for my $$.
JKMarty is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-04-2013, 07:27 PM   #85
Jeeper
 
Phierce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Mass
Posts: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by domr View Post
To those with the 1UP rack:

Are you using an OEM style receiver, an extended receiver such as the Hidden Hitch, or using an extension? Does the rack fold up without interfering with the spare? Does the rack fold down and allow the tailgate to be opened? Thanks.
Hidden hitch on mine and my pedal just clears the spare.
The 1up will not fold completely up with a spare but folds down enough to open the gate.
With the single tray on the 1up it does fold up and fits in the back of my 2D. I know you can fold the double and still may fit in the back.
Made from aluminum so it's real light as well.
Check it out...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-121075812.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	156.0 KB
ID:	313193   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-446392319.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	134.1 KB
ID:	313209  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2885435055.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	150.0 KB
ID:	313217   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-835837257.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	136.0 KB
ID:	313225  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2245642252.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	118.0 KB
ID:	313233  
__________________
Too many toys, not enough time.
Phierce is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-04-2013, 09:18 PM   #86
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 114
I also have the hidden hitch, pedals clear, same folding shown above.
big_slacker is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-04-2013, 09:29 PM   #87
Jeeper
 
domr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phierce View Post

Hidden hitch on mine and my pedal just clears the spare.
The 1up will not fold completely up with a spare but folds down enough to open the gate.
With the single tray on the 1up it does fold up and fits in the back of my 2D. I know you can fold the double and still may fit in the back.
Made from aluminum so it's real light as well.
Check it out...
Thanks for the detailed response, that's awesome!
domr is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-05-2013, 06:03 AM   #88
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: MI
Posts: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by domr View Post
To those with the 1UP rack:

Are you using an OEM style receiver, an extended receiver such as the Hidden Hitch, or using an extension? Does the rack fold up without interfering with the spare? Does the rack fold down and allow the tailgate to be opened? Thanks.
Also read here:
1up Rack on Jeep Wrangler JK
J_Westy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-05-2013, 07:22 AM   #89
xzy
Jeeper
 
xzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Toledo
Posts: 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKMarty View Post
I don't think I want/need something that big on the back of my Jeep. At highway speed I may attain lift-off and I don't have my pilots license. For what I need all my research points to the Swagman as having the best bang for my $$.
Well smarty Marty....I DO have a pilots license. Attain lift-off as you put it ( creating lift would be more accurate ) at highway speeds ? Can't see that happening. Better study Bernoulli's principle for starters. There will be a quiz later (!)

If you're looking for the best bang for your $$ get whatever you see fit.

Clearly you don't have the right stuff for a 1up.
xzy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-05-2013, 07:29 AM   #90
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 128
1up:Best rack available for many reasons. Cost for 4 bikes = $927

Kuat NV: Another top quality rack. Has built in repair stand. Cost for 4 bikes = $938

Thule T2: Great rack with awesome customer service. Cost for 4 bikes = $760

Swagman Quad 2+2: Great rack that will hold wheels sizes from 29" to 16". (None of the others will work with kids bikes) Cost for 4 bikes = $520


I am not disagreeing with anyone that 1up racks are the best. And goal post style racks work great too with the right bikes. But I still feel that the Swagman is the best bang for the buck. And it holds all the bike types that I have in my quiver. I really don't want to put parts on my bike just to use a certain goal post rack and I don't want to have to put my daughters bike in the back. If you have the coin and the 1up fits your bikes, by all means, get it. You will love it. IMHO, it wasn't necessary. And I'm not one to cheap out over $100.
Whether on your bike or in your JK, ALWAYS enjoy the ride!

__________________
2014 JKUR Anvil / Saddle
Stock, auto, hardtop, leather, remote start
BXCc is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:35 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC