Best deal from dealer? - Page 2 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 11-20-2010, 09:38 AM   #31
MRX
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 36
So Pat - with the run around I'm getting in NYC for a simple Wrangler Unlimited, with hard top and auto transmission, would it be worth my while to come out to pick up a Jeep from you guys? The only extra's I would incur would be a oneway flight, and off course the drive home... which I will look forward to. I have some friends I need to visit in Chicago. I'll sell my old car myself.

MRX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-20-2010, 09:51 AM   #32
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
RaiderRUBICON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: oak brook IL
Posts: 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyinJeeps View Post
just do it yourself, go to edmunds.com or 2011 Jeep Wrangler optional equipment at Edmunds

and build one with the options you want, it will give you MSRP and the invoice price.

Multiply the invoice price by 0.98 and you'll get 2% under invoice price.. add tax (13% where I'm at!!) and you'll get the final out the door price (unless the dealer tacks on handling/admin fee's of course..)
that is true, lol your right.

AJ

RaiderRUBICON is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-21-2010, 04:38 PM   #33
Sponsoring Vendor
 
pat@fieldsauto.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Glenview
Posts: 3,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRX View Post
So Pat - with the run around I'm getting in NYC for a simple Wrangler Unlimited, with hard top and auto transmission, would it be worth my while to come out to pick up a Jeep from you guys? The only extra's I would incur would be a oneway flight, and off course the drive home... which I will look forward to. I have some friends I need to visit in Chicago. I'll sell my old car myself.
24C Sport package msrp 27855

2% under invoice 26389

24S sport package msrp is 30055

2% under invoice 28308
__________________
Patrick O'Donnell(Pat@Fieldsauto.com)
Fields Chrysler Jeep Dodge │ 2800 Patriot Blvd│ Glenview, IL 60026
847-446-5100 main│ 847-881-8313 direct
pat@fieldsauto.comFieldsChryslerJeepDodge.com
Have Questions About A New Jeep Purchase? CLICK HERE
pat@fieldsauto.com is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-25-2010, 10:20 PM   #34
Jeeper
 
flharleycop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: South Florida
Posts: 305
i just used zag to get my price, I put the equipment i wanted for an unlimited and a dealer got back with a price and said if I wanted to come in and build it for order he would show me invoice and take 300 dollars off of that. Any comments? Does that seem like a good deal?
flharleycop is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-25-2010, 11:08 PM   #35
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by flharleycop
i just used zag to get my price, I put the equipment i wanted for an unlimited and a dealer got back with a price and said if I wanted to come in and build it for order he would show me invoice and take 300 dollars off of that. Any comments? Does that seem like a good deal?
You can do a lot better. I got 2250 off invoice. (was quoted $2500 off via email with a lot of fine print. Walked out with $2250 off after not satisfying any of the fine print requirements.) some people are claiming over double that off. Guess it just depends on how willing you are to sit there all day and keep asking for more. Luckily, I'm SERE trained so that was childsplay for me. =^D

Me: "You know...I'm really hungry. I'm need to go get some food. I might come back some other time."
...crickets...
Salesman: "let me go talk to him and see if he'll split that with you."

Wash, rinse, repeat. But if you don't have the stomach for that, at least get them to match Pato's deal, I say.
JoFoJeepin is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-26-2010, 04:39 AM   #36
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 212
Exchange New Car Sales price is not quite invoice but definitely lower than MSRP. They do offer a lowest price guarantee, though. Here's what they say:
"If any authorized, franchised dealer in the contiguous United States offers to sell you the same new vehicle with identical options for delivery on the same delivery date and at the same delivery location shown on your ENCS Order Acceptance for less money, we will refund the difference."
So, if I were to get a written quote from a franchised dealer with the tread lightly discount they should at least match the price. Has anybody tried this?
sheetsd66 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-26-2010, 06:20 AM   #37
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 97
Break in proceedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRX View Post
So Pat - with the run around I'm getting in NYC for a simple Wrangler Unlimited, with hard top and auto transmission, would it be worth my while to come out to pick up a Jeep from you guys? The only extra's I would incur would be a oneway flight, and off course the drive home... which I will look forward to. I have some friends I need to visit in Chicago. I'll sell my old car myself.
That might be a long slow drive. Did you read the manufacturers engine breakin proceedure? Less then 50 mph...then varied speeds for like the first 300 miles. Oh, yes, you can take'er right off the lot and cruise at 65mph for 500 miles...but then...on a realy cold day you can turn the key and floor it out too.
Snowbucks is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-26-2010, 07:38 AM   #38
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheetsd66 View Post
Exchange New Car Sales price is not quite invoice but definitely lower than MSRP. They do offer a lowest price guarantee, though. Here's what they say:
"If any authorized, franchised dealer in the contiguous United States offers to sell you the same new vehicle with identical options for delivery on the same delivery date and at the same delivery location shown on your ENCS Order Acceptance for less money, we will refund the difference."
So, if I were to get a written quote from a franchised dealer with the tread lightly discount they should at least match the price. Has anybody tried this?
Never mind on this one...I just got off the phone with the sales rep in NY. For all you military buyers out there, ENCS will give you the Chrysler Affiliate Reward pricing (1% below factory invoice) if you're a Tread Lightly member. The price they quoted me for my 2011 Unlimited Rubicon using military pricing was $36,808 with every option except leather and navigation. With the TL discount it'll come out to $34,225. If you're buying a Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge from ENCS and shipping it overseas MTC then it's definitely worth looking into.
sheetsd66 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-26-2010, 09:34 AM   #39
Jeeper
 
flharleycop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: South Florida
Posts: 305
heres the price I am getting

Quote:
Originally Posted by flharleycop View Post
i just used zag to get my price, I put the equipment i wanted for an unlimited and a dealer got back with a price and said if I wanted to come in and build it for order he would show me invoice and take 300 dollars off of that. Any comments? Does that seem like a good deal?

The price I am getting is for a 2011 Unlimted with the 24s package, (thats the auto trans, leather wheel, and Power windows, keyless entry)
connectivity Group
Tow Package
Limited Slip
Side Steps
Infinity Speakers with the one year of SIRIUS

the MSRP is 31,225 including the 750 destination

The offer they gave me is supposed to be 300 under invoice at 30,055

Any idea if this is good? I have checked Edmonds and KBB and it seems in line with them but you guys already bought them
flharleycop is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-26-2010, 09:41 AM   #40
Jeeper
 
Mr Hobbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 32
I'm not sure if this has been brought up, or if it even applies to you, but if you're a USAA (military) member, start with their online shopping service.
Mr Hobbit is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-26-2010, 10:54 AM   #41
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hobbit View Post
I'm not sure if this has been brought up, or if it even applies to you, but if you're a USAA (military) member, start with their online shopping service.
Yeah, I spec'd the same vehicle out and it came out to $34,775 through USAA, then I'd have to pay to get it shipped overseas. The $34,225 is actually only $33,475 cause I was double-tapped the $750 destination fee, and it already includes all the shipping fees. Maybe I could get a better price if I was stateside sitting at the dealership, but I think I'm happy with the price I've got.
sheetsd66 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-26-2010, 12:15 PM   #42
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbucks View Post
That might be a long slow drive. Did you read the manufacturers engine breakin proceedure? Less then 50 mph...then varied speeds for like the first 300 miles. Oh, yes, you can take'er right off the lot and cruise at 65mph for 500 miles...but then...on a realy cold day you can turn the key and floor it out too.
Driving back to NYC?

Take US12 out of Chicago and follow it through IN and into MI (across the lower part of the state, past Michigan Internation Speedway, to Detroit, and cross in Windsor, ON. Follow 401 to 403 to QEW and re-enter the US in BUF.

US12 in MI is mostly 50MPH 2 lane town-to-town roads that should give you good speed variance.
AgtSunshine is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-26-2010, 02:18 PM   #43
MRX
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by pato1031 View Post
24C Sport package msrp 27855

2% under invoice 26389

24S sport package msrp is 30055

2% under invoice 28308
Pat, I didn't say thank you before and I should have. Sorry! Good prices. Edmunds is suggesting option one for about $27,000 all in in my neighborhood. I am waiting to see if anyone comes close, and I might be intouch with you sooner than later.
MRX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-26-2010, 02:19 PM   #44
MRX
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgtSunshine View Post
Driving back to NYC?

Take US12 out of Chicago and follow it through IN and into MI (across the lower part of the state, past Michigan Internation Speedway, to Detroit, and cross in Windsor, ON. Follow 401 to 403 to QEW and re-enter the US in BUF.

US12 in MI is mostly 50MPH 2 lane town-to-town roads that should give you good speed variance.
Thanks!
MRX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-26-2010, 03:53 PM   #45
Jeeper
 
Mr Hobbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 32
Ahh. Didn't realize you were overseas. Should have read that.
Mr Hobbit is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-26-2010, 05:36 PM   #46
MRX
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by pato1031 View Post
24C Sport package msrp 27855

2% under invoice 26389

24S sport package msrp is 30055

2% under invoice 28308

So Pat, I should be overjoyed with finding a 2011 24C with auto/freedom top and satellite for $26,100... I will update as this process for the best price search continues.
MRX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-26-2010, 06:26 PM   #47
Jeeper
 
flharleycop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: South Florida
Posts: 305
Is this a good price?

The price I am getting is for a 2011 Unlimted with the 24s package, (thats the auto trans, leather wheel, and Power windows, keyless entry)
connectivity Group
Tow Package
Limited Slip
Side Steps
Infinity Speakers with the one year of SIRIUS

the MSRP is 31,225 including the 750 destination

The offer they gave me is supposed to be 300 under invoice at 30,055

Any idea if this is good? I have checked Edmonds and KBB and it seems in line with them but you guys already bought them
flharleycop is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-26-2010, 08:36 PM   #48
Just a kid at heart...

WF Supporting Member
 
seadog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Almost where I belong...
Posts: 14,116
Wow... If I subtract my roll-over costs from my trade-in (what little I had left), I paid less than $22K for my fully loaded 2010 Sahara, out the door. I did get the $500 Military incentive. Didn't know about the TL discount when I bought this one. I'll be looking at it for the next one.
__________________
Brian



I tried to be good, but I got bored...
seadog is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-28-2010, 09:56 AM   #49
Jeeper
 
flharleycop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: South Florida
Posts: 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoFoJeepin View Post
You can do a lot better. I got 2250 off invoice. (was quoted $2500 off via email with a lot of fine print. Walked out with $2250 off after not satisfying any of the fine print requirements.) some people are claiming over double that off. Guess it just depends on how willing you are to sit there all day and keep asking for more. Luckily, I'm SERE trained so that was childsplay for me. =^D

Me: "You know...I'm really hungry. I'm need to go get some food. I might come back some other time."
...crickets...
Salesman: "let me go talk to him and see if he'll split that with you."

Wash, rinse, repeat. But if you don't have the stomach for that, at least get them to match Pato's deal, I say.

Your sayig you got your jeep for 2250 off Invoice? or do you mean off MSRP?
flharleycop is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-28-2010, 02:39 PM   #50
Jeeper
 
TexasJeepGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 30
I went to 10 dealerships in the DFW area and several were willing to do $500 under TL discount. And that was for a fairly base Jeep. I believe that was over 2% under invoice.....Then I decided to get a used one to ease the pain of waiting for the Pentastar with the 2012s.
TexasJeepGuy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-29-2010, 12:05 AM   #51
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by flharleycop

Your sayig you got your jeep for 2250 off Invoice? or do you mean off MSRP?
Sorry about that. Yes, I meant MSRP.
JoFoJeepin is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-30-2010, 04:47 AM   #52
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: NW Houston
Posts: 16
I am looking at a 2010, $35,000 MSRP. Dealer said he will go $2500 off MSRP with my affiliates credit. I have seen other dealers who take $3500 off mrsp right from the dealer website! I waited until the end of month/year and doesn't seem to be worth it.

Dakota251 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Good enough of a deal? Storm27m TJ General Discussion Forum 25 02-13-2012 06:02 AM
Deal or no deal? Tigerfan WF New Member Check In 11 03-17-2010 06:33 PM
Recommended N. Texas dealers? What's the deal? Teasip JK General Discussion Forum 3 02-27-2010 10:02 AM


logo carid shop wrangler parts carid fender flares custom wheels store avs deflectors at carid
» Rates
Get low rates on auto insurance in Canada!

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:07 AM.



Jeep, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC