Best Shocks for Heavy Rubicon - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 05-06-2012, 09:37 PM   #1
Jeeper
 
Socc3rakd25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 113
Arrow Best Shocks for Heavy Rubicon

Have a 2011 COD Wrangler. My curent shocks are shit and have essentially become worn down from the weight put on them. I have a very heavy front bumper and winch, along with some heavy rock rails and tires to match. Would like to know what everyone thinks the best shocks would be. not to worried about the "on the road" ride as long as its not ridiculously bad. been looking at OMEs, FOXs, and the Bilsteins.

Socc3rakd25 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-06-2012, 09:41 PM   #2
Jeeper
 
HK_Runner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Ken Caryl Valley, Colorado
Posts: 2,227
I'd think the Fox with remote res or Kings would be fantastic.

HK_Runner is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-06-2012, 09:43 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
Socc3rakd25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 113
have a 4" lift and my current shocks are pro comp if that helps
Socc3rakd25 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-06-2012, 09:43 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
rics1997's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bristol, Tn
Posts: 4,764
I have the BDS Fox 2.0 gas shocks (Fox makes them for BDS and Teraflex). I went with them because they are a lot beefier then the others you listed. Never thought about it until I seen them side by side. Blisteins look like toothpicks to a pencil sitting side by side, well maybe not that dramatic more like a Bic to a Sharpie. Many of my off road friends that do competition events use the Fox and highly recommended them so they swayed me to them. I really like mine but people love their Blisten and OME too so I would say they all are good shocks and whoever owns each will say they are great. If I had to narrow it to three, it would be your list.
__________________
2010 Dark Charcoal Pearl Jeep Wrangler Sport S Automatic
4.88 Yukon w/Trac-Lok rear and Eaton ELocker Front - Synergy Gussets - B&M 70264 Trans Cooler
BDS 3" lift - BDS Fox 2.0 Racing Shocks
XHD front Bumper - Trektop NX - Goodyear MT/R w/Kevlar 35X12.5X15 on MB Chaos 5 Wheels - Thrush Turbo Muffler

Become a WranglerForum Supporting Member!
rics1997 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-06-2012, 09:48 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
JIMBOX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 9,916
Your JKU probably isn't as heavy as my JKUR (5200lbs) and my RS9000XL adj shocks have been PRIMO, for over 2 years-


Quote:
Originally Posted by Socc3rakd25 View Post
Have a 2011 COD Wrangler. My curent shocks are shit and have essentially become worn down from the weight put on them. I have a very heavy front bumper and winch, along with some heavy rock rails and tires to match. Would like to know what everyone thinks the best shocks would be. not to worried about the "on the road" ride as long as its not ridiculously bad. been looking at OMEs, FOXs, and the Bilsteins.
You set it and forgetit---

JIMBO
__________________
"ya gotta have class"
JIMBOX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-06-2012, 09:56 PM   #6
Newb
 
LittleRedJK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 10
I love my Teraflex Elkas, worth very cent and then some.
LittleRedJK is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-06-2012, 10:19 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: north jersey
Posts: 508
Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMBOX View Post
Your JKU probably isn't as heavy as my JKUR (5200lbs) and my RS9000XL adj shocks have been PRIMO, for over 2 years-




You set it and forgetit---

JIMBO
jimbox: that would be rancho shocks?
blackforestgreen is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-06-2012, 10:31 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
Socc3rakd25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by rics1997 View Post
I have the BDS Fox 2.0 gas shocks (Fox makes them for BDS and Teraflex). I went with them because they are a lot beefier then the others you listed. Never thought about it until I seen them side by side. Blisteins look like toothpicks to a pencil sitting side by side, well maybe not that dramatic more like a Bic to a Sharpie. Many of my off road friends that do competition events use the Fox and highly recommended them so they swayed me to them. I really like mine but people love their Blisten and OME too so I would say they all are good shocks and whoever owns each will say they are great. If I had to narrow it to three, it would be your list.
When you say that Fox make them for BDS and Teraflex are you saying these won't work with my Pro Comp suspension? you lost me on that part
Socc3rakd25 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-06-2012, 10:32 PM   #9
Jeeper
 
JIMBOX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 9,916
--YUP ![


QUOTE=blackforestgreen;2342039]jimbox: that would be rancho shocks?[/QUOTE]

JIMBO
__________________
"ya gotta have class"
JIMBOX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-06-2012, 10:38 PM   #10
Jeeper
 
rics1997's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bristol, Tn
Posts: 4,764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socc3rakd25 View Post
When you say that Fox make them for BDS and Teraflex are you saying these won't work with my Pro Comp suspension? you lost me on that part
No, not saying that. Just that you will here people say they have Teraflex Fox 2.0 or like me BDS Fox 2.0 shocks or just plain ole Fox 2.0 performance shocks. Just saying they are the same shock. Any one of them will work no matter what lift you have or even if stock. They just have that extra name that means nothing other then BDS or Teraflex usually handles the warranty if they sell them. Just have to make sure as with any shock, you order the right size for the size lift you have.

I have BDS Fox 2.0 because that is what my off road shop carried. But have a Teraflex leaving kit lift on OEM 19/60 coils.
__________________
2010 Dark Charcoal Pearl Jeep Wrangler Sport S Automatic
4.88 Yukon w/Trac-Lok rear and Eaton ELocker Front - Synergy Gussets - B&M 70264 Trans Cooler
BDS 3" lift - BDS Fox 2.0 Racing Shocks
XHD front Bumper - Trektop NX - Goodyear MT/R w/Kevlar 35X12.5X15 on MB Chaos 5 Wheels - Thrush Turbo Muffler

Become a WranglerForum Supporting Member!
rics1997 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-06-2012, 10:49 PM   #11
Jeeper
 
Socc3rakd25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by rics1997 View Post
No, not saying that. Just that you will here people say they have Teraflex Fox 2.0 or like me BDS Fox 2.0 shocks or just plain ole Fox 2.0 performance shocks. Just saying they are the same shock. Any one of them will work no matter what lift you have or even if stock. They just have that extra name that means nothing other then BDS or Teraflex usually handles the warranty if they sell them. Just have to make sure as with any shock, you order the right size for the size lift you have.

I have BDS Fox 2.0 because that is what my off road shop carried. But have a Teraflex leaving kit lift on OEM 19/60 coils.
Alright i gotcha. highly considering the Fox 2.0s for a 4-6 inch lift. figure with all that weight and the possibility of adding an inch or 2 of lift in the future its prob safer to go with the 4-6 inch kit than the 2-4 inch one.
Socc3rakd25 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-23-2012, 12:01 AM   #12
Jeeper
 
Socc3rakd25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 113
Fox 2.0s with reservoir installed on front and back. check out the profile for pictures
Socc3rakd25 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-23-2012, 12:10 AM   #13
Jeeper
 
Aftahour's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: murrieta/irvine, ca
Posts: 468
if you got the money kings are the way with res.

Aftahour is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Tags
help needed , ride , shocks , suspension , wrangler

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



logo carid shop wrangler parts carid fender flares custom wheels store avs deflectors at carid

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:42 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC