Body Armor Trail Door Mirrors - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 02-23-2014, 03:41 PM   #1
Jeeper
 
J Gand's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 185
Body Armor Trail Door Mirrors

Hey all,

I'm getting ready to order the Body Armor trail doors, and was wondering if anyone has any experience with them. I'm wondering if they are worth the $100+, or if I should just go with the RR quick release mirrors. Thoughts?

__________________
2011 JK - Natural Green Pearl
Level 8 Guardians | BFG Rugged Terrains
Truck-Lites | Inspired Engineering CUBE Fogs
VDP Stubby Kit | MBRP Light Bar
J Gand is offline   Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 10:14 AM   #2
Jeeper
 
J Gand's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 185
Anyone?

__________________
2011 JK - Natural Green Pearl
Level 8 Guardians | BFG Rugged Terrains
Truck-Lites | Inspired Engineering CUBE Fogs
VDP Stubby Kit | MBRP Light Bar
J Gand is offline   Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 10:57 AM   #3
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
UgaTyler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Athens, GA
Posts: 1,011
Images: 9
Are you asking about the mirrors or the doors? Your first post makes it sound like you are asking about the doors but the title says mirrors. I'm guessing mirrors since the price is $100. The rancho doors I have will let you install factory mirrors so I purchased some bestop mirrors to put on my tube doors. Can you run factory mirrors on those trail doors?
__________________
2013 JKUR BLACK
UgaTyler is offline   Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 11:21 AM   #4
Jeeper
 
J Gand's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by UgaTyler View Post
Are you asking about the mirrors or the doors? Your first post makes it sound like you are asking about the doors but the title says mirrors. I'm guessing mirrors since the price is $100. The rancho doors I have will let you install factory mirrors so I purchased some bestop mirrors to put on my tube doors. Can you run factory mirrors on those trail doors?
Oh wow, I worded my post terribly. Thanks for pointing that out. I meant to ask if anyone has experience with Body Armor's mirros made for their Trail doors.

I've been unable to find out whether or not factory mirrors would fit. I've also read conflicting reviews on the Body Armor mirrors for the doors. Some have said they shake way too much, others have said they were fine.

Edit: Actually just found via a Youtube video description out that OE mirrors will not fit.
__________________
2011 JK - Natural Green Pearl
Level 8 Guardians | BFG Rugged Terrains
Truck-Lites | Inspired Engineering CUBE Fogs
VDP Stubby Kit | MBRP Light Bar
J Gand is offline   Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 12:10 PM   #5
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
UgaTyler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Athens, GA
Posts: 1,011
Images: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Gand View Post
Oh wow, I worded my post terribly. Thanks for pointing that out. I meant to ask if anyone has experience with Body Armor's mirros made for their Trail doors.

I've been unable to find out whether or not factory mirrors would fit. I've also read conflicting reviews on the Body Armor mirrors for the doors. Some have said they shake way too much, others have said they were fine.

Edit: Actually just found via a Youtube video description out that OE mirrors will not fit.
I know nothing about the rugged ridge mirrors or the body armor mirrors. If it were me, I would buy the ones (Body Armor) made for the tube doors.
__________________
2013 JKUR BLACK
UgaTyler is offline   Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 01:50 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 50
I use the trail door / quick-release mirror combo. It's more flexible in that I can leave the mirrors on and run with no doors at all.
Randolph is offline   Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 02:56 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Diamond Bar, Ca
Posts: 18
I am considering the same doors as well. I talked to a member who had them along with the same mirrors. He said he loved the doors but hated the mirrors. Check out the Rugged Ridge quick release mirrors that mount to the body rather than the doors.
Caliban is offline   Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 03:00 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
J Gand's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliban View Post
I am considering the same doors as well. I talked to a member who had them along with the same mirrors. He said he loved the doors but hated the mirrors. Check out the Rugged Ridge quick release mirrors that mount to the body rather than the doors.
I just pulled the trigger on the doors on Amazon $260 shipped (only 4 left from that seller now). And I'm definitely leaning towards the RR quick release mirrors.

Thanks for the input!
__________________
2011 JK - Natural Green Pearl
Level 8 Guardians | BFG Rugged Terrains
Truck-Lites | Inspired Engineering CUBE Fogs
VDP Stubby Kit | MBRP Light Bar
J Gand is offline   Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 11:18 AM   #9
Jeeper
 
baseballfanz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Houston/Sugar Land
Posts: 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Gand View Post
I just pulled the trigger on the doors on Amazon $260 shipped (only 4 left from that seller now). And I'm definitely leaning towards the RR quick release mirrors.

Thanks for the input!
What did you end up with mirrors wise? In the same boat, got the Body Armor doors. Heard bad reviews about their mirrors so looking for alternatives. Thanks
baseballfanz is offline   Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 11:26 AM   #10
Jeeper
 
rustynail11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Mansfield (DFW area), TX
Posts: 277
I have just ordered the Body Armor doors as well. I have the RR Quick Release Mirrors that mount to the apillar and really like them. They don't vibrate at all and they are easy to install. The mounting bracket isn't that obtrusive and i just leave it on all the time.

As another poster said I prefer these over the the Body Armor mirrors becasue I can still run door less with the RR mirrors.
rustynail11 is offline   Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 12:38 PM   #11
Jeeper
 
baseballfanz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Houston/Sugar Land
Posts: 692
Yeah after reading through all posts here and elsewhere, I opted for the RR quick release mirrors also. ALso being my Jeep is black, the bracket not going to show too bad with it on and mirrors off.
baseballfanz is offline   Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 01:16 PM   #12
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
jwilson2598's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,173
Just so you know, any standard TJ mirror will bolt to the Body Armor doors. I thought their mirrors were overprices, so I picked up a set of used TJ mirrors for $50, bought a few bucks of stainless steel hardware, and wahla, a set of mirrors for half the price.
__________________
Jeff

2013 JKU Sahara, Gecko Green, loaded up
10A Springs, Teraflex levling kit, 315/70/17 Duratracs, AEV Pintler wheels, front/rear bumpers and hood
jwilson2598 is offline   Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 01:24 PM   #13
Jeeper
 
JKUTBFE13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Bear, DE
Posts: 80
As noted by JWilson the mounting holes on the Body Armor Trail Doors accept TJ mirrors which can be sourced from numerous vendors. I picked up a set from Quadratec during their tent sale last year for around $60. You could possibly find some at a local salvage yard as well.
__________________
"TANGO BRAVO"
2013 JKU Freedom Edition
JKUTBFE13 is offline   Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 01:31 PM   #14
Jeeper
 
J Gand's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKUTBFE13 View Post
As noted by JWilson the mounting holes on the Body Armor Trail Doors accept TJ mirrors which can be sourced from numerous vendors. I picked up a set from Quadratec during their tent sale last year for around $60. You could possibly find some at a local salvage yard as well.
http://www.amazon.com/CIPA-44400-Wra...eep+tj+mirrors

Would these work? And I'm assuming I'd just need some nuts/bolts?
__________________
2011 JK - Natural Green Pearl
Level 8 Guardians | BFG Rugged Terrains
Truck-Lites | Inspired Engineering CUBE Fogs
VDP Stubby Kit | MBRP Light Bar
J Gand is offline   Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 02:01 PM   #15
Jeeper
 
JKUTBFE13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Bear, DE
Posts: 80
Yes those would work. Looks like the kit may include standard mounting hardware, but according to the reviews the quality of the bolts is questionable.
__________________
"TANGO BRAVO"
2013 JKU Freedom Edition
JKUTBFE13 is offline   Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 04:59 PM   #16
Jeeper
 
baseballfanz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Houston/Sugar Land
Posts: 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilson2598 View Post
Just so you know, any standard TJ mirror will bolt to the Body Armor doors. I thought their mirrors were overprices, so I picked up a set of used TJ mirrors for $50, bought a few bucks of stainless steel hardware, and wahla, a set of mirrors for half the price.
Thanks, that's good to know. In case I want something else in the future.
Man I called Quadratec and thye told me only the BA mirrors fit the BA doors.
baseballfanz is offline   Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 05:21 PM   #17
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
jwilson2598's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,173
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Gand View Post
http://www.amazon.com/CIPA-44400-Wra...eep+tj+mirrors Would these work? And I'm assuming I'd just need some nuts/bolts?
Those will work. I went with the newer 03-06 TJ mirrors because they have a bigger glass and the plastic head looks like like the JK one. Plus they stay in adjustment better than older TJ mirrors. I did have to trim the front edge of the plastic a bit, but very pleased with how it came out.
__________________
Jeff

2013 JKU Sahara, Gecko Green, loaded up
10A Springs, Teraflex levling kit, 315/70/17 Duratracs, AEV Pintler wheels, front/rear bumpers and hood
jwilson2598 is offline   Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 06:41 PM   #18
Newb
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 1
FYI, I just purchased the Body Armor Doors and Mirrors. You hit 50mph, they drop down like an 70 year old woman's breasts and you have to continually stand them back up. At present, I cannot find a way to make them firmer.

carpediemwt is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:07 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC